1

Story Info
1
2.6k words
4.07
2.1k
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/07/2023
Created 08/31/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I loved my friend, I truly did. Down to his sharp fangs that he used to sink into my delicate neck as he fed on my blood. But I didn't mind in the slightest -- he was a friend. I would do anything for my friends or so I thought. Because the next time I saw my best friend was when I watched that retched vampire drove a wooden stack through his heart.

-------------------------------------

It was November, the sun beamed down onto the blanket of ice which encapsulated my little town. My little town was little it had only had a small population of 100 people. But we liked it small -- everyone from all over the world loved my little town. As it harboured the most mythical of plants. You see we were farmers, mythical farmers to be exact.

Passed down from generation to generation, but I didn't mind -- I loved what I did. Ebonwell was well known as the gods and goddesses bestowed us with the power to farm and birth the sacred mythical plants. It was bliss. It payed well. But it wasn't about money, it was about so much more than that -- the discovery of mythical plants. As well as the different healing properties that they contained. It was albeit magical -- but everything was magical in Ebonwell.

Ebonwell was one of the four founders of magic. The other three were not so much towns as small as mine, they were anything but. The first founder was Nightdale. This town was encapsulated within darken, hence the name. But it was the first founder of magic was by harnessing chaos sorcery. Its not as bad as it sounded, chaos sorcery was the building blocks of magic. The chaos sorcerers were beautiful, all dressed in bright red and dark violets. Their hair almost vibrated as they walked with their clan. Their magic was the most beautiful of the four founders, it was like fireworks but greater. It smelled just like ripe oranges.

But with chaos magic comes destruction, the sorcerers rely on their anger which gets converted to chaos by their espers. Espers are essentially convertors inside your body, every sorcerer is born with one. They convert the necessary energy into magical power. I wish I had that; well, I wish I had a whole esper -- but I do not. I'm half omega half sorcerer. Going back to the chaos sorcerers, they reply heavily on their espers that's why many don't make it to 24. Sadly, there are only 5 chaos sorcerer's left now.

The second founder of magic were acid bending. It's as terrible as it sounds, these sorcerers are evil and horrible. Animalistic in nature, they completely disregard basic human life and live on their full power without needing any help from their espers. They're as terrible as they are cruel. Their called the second founders as they decimated the holy grail 1,200 years ago. This was not the holy grail that you have come to known. This Holy Grail led many to go insane. It was a violent, bloody battle one that lasted over 200 years. It was a battle of the espers. It was said that the founders went insane, that their espers were broken due to someone using plague sorcery.

Plague sorcery kills the espers life source inside of your body. It shuts down that core in your body, like a light switch it turns of your humanity and sense of reasoning. The founders turned into animals, killing any and every one that walked in their path. It was called the holy grail as the founders fought on Xona.

The Holiest soil, soil that you shouldn't dare touch -- but they did. They died because of another person's actions. As a result of this war the other three founders blamed and exiled the acid benders. This resulted in a lost treaty. The acid sorcerers fled they have not been seen ever since then. Nobody knew who had caused that fatal war, or so everyone thought. They fled to a desolate town called Houndfrost. A town that was long abandoned until the acid sorcerers fled there and made it their own.

Moving on, the third founder of magic was the dream bending sorcerers. Dream bending was also another pivotal building block regarding magic. Without dream bending there would be no skies, no air and certainly no dreams or sleep. They're phenomenal, they can fly almost anywhere. Their skin is almost see through their eyes are a pale pink which turn dark green when they use their magic.

Their clothes are made from a special material which can shapeshift as the dream benders can alternate between different bodies. They are all males, considering that females cannot be dream sorcerers -- it requires a high level of physical strength as they lift and carry the skies of our world. It is quite remarkable indeed. They all lived within the Frostlands. A cold, airy town that housed many air benders. Only air benders could live there due to the high altitude it produced.

Lastly, there's me.

A blood sorcerer. Which was another adamant building block in magic. I can control life strings, that's my speciality as one of the blood sorcerers. Different magic users train their skill and create their own unique skill as well as performing the everyday tasks of their founding magical ability. Mine was life strings. I can see when your death is near, or when you're in need of help. The life strings are important as they are intwined with the espers. I can connect directly to any Esper I see fit -- this is what makes me a much-needed asset to every founder of the four magical courts.

I travel far and wide throughout the different rivers and roads, travelling to each court to speak with the holy founders. What nobody knows is the holy founders are dead, they were killed off during the Holy Grail war 1,200 years ago. They were encased in quartz. But what makes my ability greatly needed is the way I can connect with the dead through their life strings. I contact the holy elders to regard them of the future. I am not a fortune teller by no means, no that they even existed in this realm, but they gave me the future through fragments of blood. I depict the blood and tell the future to the new founders of the courts. They don't always believe but that it not my job my only job is to recite the blood written on the quartz.

There are over seven courts in total that have appeared over time. Due to the never-ending spouts of war and disagreements. This is due to mythical creatures not liking each -- other as you can possibly tell it does not end well for most of them. The courts were made, much like us magic users, the mythics needed courts to sustain their way of life. It no courts were implemented many would have died or had ceased to exist.

Mythics didn't need espers like me and the many magic users under the four holy founders, they didn't need them as they produced far greater energies by their animal forms. So, courts were implemented for the five mythics in this realm.

The first founding court was the Zephyr Court. It encompassed all wind mythics such as dragons, fire breathers and the most dangerous of them all the griffins. There are many wind mythics, but the founder was a tyrant named Kolzra, the barbarian. He was ruthless, clad in gold and green he battled many of the other courts in hope of ruling over this realm. But it was futile he gave up, instead he created the first founding court. To bring peace to the wind mystics. It worked well for now anyways.

The second court to be founded was the solstice court -- the court which harbours the ethereal mythics. Ethereal mythics, much like gods and goddesses are to be admired from afar and never up close. Because once they smell your life force, they will take you and drag you away to their realm and you would never be seen again. Or so I have heard, they never come out of their court. Nobody has even seen an ethereal mystic, for now at least. This particular court was founded by the ruthless Conah the most ruthless angel of them all.

Much like the ethereal mythics, angels reside deep within the solstice court. Don't be fooled by their godly looks, they are vicious and cruel at heart. Cunning and malicious with their tongues as they serenade you with words of comfort to later be words of cruel intentions and foul play. I don't particularly like the angels, but I must do my job in reading the founders quartz. It always makes me grow cold when I must visit their court. I shudder just thinking about it.

The third founding court is a mystery not much is known at least to us magic users, the third founding court was the Hallowed Court. Not much is known as nobody knows exactly how it formed, only that it was formed a couple of hundred years ago according to the book on our realm's history. All that is known about the founding court was it was formed by a tyrant of a king. The self-cantered king was later named Xorzer. A vampire who oozed sex appeal but was a cocky, rude, and evil King. He killed normal humans for sport for many centuries until there was a war.

A war between the next court, which was named The Mercurial Court. The Mercurial Court was founded by an equally rude and obnoxious Alpha King, who was later named Stein Jackson. He was the founder and the leader of all the werewolf clans, but especially his own which was named The Onxy Fur Walkers. It is as evil as it sounded, they were ruthless especially their King, Stein Jackson. The war between their clan and the Demonic Cravings was a fight to the death. They battled for what seemed like centuries until both the founders made a pact -- But later that pact was misused to cause further chaos.

The fifth court was The Crystal Court, they were evil as they were beautiful. Founded by the witty yet cunning merman, King Naga. He ruled over every water town and village as well as laying claim to all rivers and oceans around the God Field Realm. You would never be able to escape Naga's wrath. It is said within the history scrolls that Naga had a daughter. A daughter which he kept hidden, locked away. As with this Court not much is really known, their Court as well as their dwellings are thousands of feet under water. This is the Court I have never been too, simply for that reason alone -- I cannot physically get there. Instead, water capsules are made to bring the blood futures down to the King. At least it makes my job easier.

The sixth court was The Fauna Court, they were playful but very malicious creatures. Founded by the mysterious Queen Elf, Ava Valxisys. Don't be fooled by her name not to mention her beauty, she was as evil as they came. With long blonde hair and piercing orange eyes, she had an evil streak. Teeth, sharp like a snake she loved the thrill of killing as did all the court founders really. But she was just as bad as the Hallowed Court, probably even worse. Heed my warning if you ever see of elves, do not speak to them -- especially her. But I doubt you would ever see an elf, let alone try to speak with it.

The last court, the seventh and final court, the Elemental Court -- founded by the Elemental King, Obitus. He was the bringer of death, but he was never bitter. He embraced death, not like the other founders, he had a sense of dignity and grace. I don't have favourites, but if I did, he would be mine. He was lovely and I him. I always loved going to his Court it was magical all brightly lit with all the elements on different ceptars. It was magical that's why I always left his court till last. We were friends, or I'd like to think so. I was friends with every elemental, they just brought peace and calmness wherever they went. It was peaceful.

"Good days work!" I spoke to myself as I beamed seeing the pages filled with history of the seven courts. It was magical as I skimmed my glasses through the pages filled with out history. I smiled feeling proud of myself. I turned my head as I squinted my eyes trying to hear what was going on downstairs. All I heard for muffled voices. I groaned dropping my glasses onto my desk that I was positioned at.

I heard the downstairs door slam open as I heard my mum call from the bottom step, "LYRA YOU BETTER BE GETTING READY TO VISIT THE FOUNDERS!" I groaned even louder banging my head against the wooden desk as I realised that it was the day, I had to met with the founders of the seven courts. The day I had to read the blood futures for the quartz.

"Ugh!" I threw my arms up as my head was still on the desk, I quickly lifted my head glancing at the clock, huffing.

"SHIT!" I fell off the chair and onto the hard floor, "Gahh!" I rubbed my butt from the pain as it crept up my side slowly form falling. I jumped up, almost tripping as I hoped on one foot trying to get my socks on my feet. I rummaged inside my chest at the foot of my bed in search for my hiking boots.

I blew some sparse hairs out of my eyes as I rushed to tie my boots, I frantically shoved all the papers and my leather-bound notebook inside my leather satchel in my hands. I shut it in a hurry, dashing out of my bedroom door -- I slammed it behind me. I missed two steps at a time as I rushed down the stairs, almost falling face first in the process. I skidded to a halt as I saw my mother's unimpressed face waiting by the door, hands found their way on her hips as she eyes me with a lifted brow.

I shyly waved, slowly making my way towards her, I kissed her cheek, "Heyyy!" I spoke awkwardly.

I heard her quick inhale of breath as she breathed out slowly, "What am I going to do with you Lyra?" She hesitated as she continued to speak, "Look, I know you don't like doing this but you're the only one Lyra. I'm sorry you have to do this, if I was just a sorcerer then maybe your life would have been different...." I stopped her with a bone crushing hug as she chocked on a sob.

I rubbed her back with my free hand, "It's alright. I wouldn't change you for the world mum. I don't mind being half omega and half blood sorcerer." I smiled at her gently as I watched her sad, defeated eyes stare back at me.

I hugged her one last time as I pulled away from her slowly, "It's all going to be okay, mum. Don't worry yourself, I'll be back before you know it!" I smiled a cheeky, toothed grin as I opened the door.

I turned my head as I walked down the winding blood pathway at out house, I saw my mum tissue at one eye as she waved to me. I smiled softly and waved back. I turned around one hand clutching my leather satchel the other feeling the mythical plants weave through my fingertips.

I grinned, "Time to head out!"