All Comments on 'A Death in the Family Ch. 04'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
as I had hoped for

your final handling of trent is hwat I had hoped for. now you can get on to getting the top bad guys

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Which side of the coin?...

WW your saga is great. The characters, stories and emotions gripping. I have hung on every chapter. While i am a big IC fan, i wonder how he resolves his intractablely strong views of the Constitution’s rights and protections for individuals with his occasionally brutal and cold-blooded treatment of those who cross him. He often comments on the sacred trust he holds to defend the constitution, yet carries out some truly grizzly actions (ie Holder & Ridge just now) to satisfy his personal bloodlust. Not saying those guys didn’t get what was coming them.

How do you think Don resolves the conflicts in his own mind and soul? Does he even recognize them? A key element in any epic hero of this sort are these two aspects of his psyche: his good and bad sides. You’ve created him for well more than a decade. What do you think?

We have enjoyed you sharing this journey with us and hope you will for well more than another decade. Keep ‘em coming!

rick

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Case closed

Finally Quint Star n Trent Ridge are out of the picture... I have been having nightmares with those two on the loose practically.

Nice setup for future stories,can't wait for your next submission. The Crowbar Clan RULES!

An avid Reader of Your series since 2014

Godian

fromindiafromindiaover 4 years ago
Glimpse of future...

Dear WW, I am waiting for you to write a mini chapter on Carole's future story as police (maybe a page only). So much potential and no idea how long it will take place in your timeline. So indulge us if you can. Faithful fan of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
400 Hundred Years Ago

WW, I have to say this is one of your more dramatic endings from your previous stories. Excellent writing with a very fitting end to a very bad actor. I do believe you have set the stage for the next episode of the IC in Apple Grove. I am looking forward to the beginning of your next series. You know this would make an excellent crime novel, but I am sure your audience really appreciates your using this avenue for your stories instead. Keep them coming, I look for your stories everytime I log on.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 4 years agoAuthor
Anon/Sides of the Coin

The Two Faces of Troy are an integral part of my stories. One part is the philosophical question of the Constitution vs. doing what one has to do, the Star Trek "Section 31" conundrum. The other part is that the I.C. tends to step over the line when his family and closest friends are attacked, especially when they attack Carole. It's revenge, but also making an example for those who might consider the same thing in the future. We'll see this developed more over time...

fuzzy94fuzzy94over 4 years ago
WW you totally ROCK with this chapter

Oh yeah, some great leads through The Swamp and the Alphabet agencies, now I'm looking forward for chapters to keep me reading through the night. 2020 will be even more fun, KEEP THE IC SAGA ROLLING

Thank you WW

Eric

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
family...

the last paragraph about all of them being family is one of the reasons the IC series is so great. WW the way you write pulls us in and makes us kinda feel like family too. I figured the IC had something special planned for Trent if he got the chance and he did. Looks like some new people to go after in the stories coming up. Also can you please do something about that stupid judge. He makes my blood boil.

Jon

Patton_McGroinPatton_McGroinover 4 years ago

A comment suggested including Carole in glimpses of the future. I disagree. I enjoy the pace in sequence although perhaps Carole might start her own little club of sleuths or some such thing. Lots of bad guys. Truly an epic series worthy of a good non-pc filled tv series rated MA. Hollywood scrum would sanitize it and it would not be as good as your writing. Keep it up IC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
every story better than the previous one.

Wifewatchman' writing and story telling improves with every story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Don is a psychopathic murderer

Who has come to enjoy the process of the hunt, the capture, the assassination, the disposal. His foes are either abominations or simply misguided chimps, according to his politics but he delights in destroying anyone who opposes him with sword, gun, injection, or even disposing a creep in acid, a la Breaking Bad. Don has crossed over to the very dark side. He has even trained once good people to become his uniformed henchmen and women. They are mostly becoming quite wealthy and incredibly privileged. The stories are great, well told tales of malignant characters ostensibly acting in the public interest, and they are, mostly, while accumulating deeply corrupt power and behavioral that should land Don in prison for life. His is a barbaric world of sycophants with a narrow, self serving view of what America is. Just my little bit of constructive thinking. Please rehumanize this hyper vein wackjob and remake him into a decent human being.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Outstanding! Please. keep them coming.

Vivid, riveting writing. Please continue.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 4 years agoAuthor
New story submitted.

The first chapter of the next story, 'Long Cool Woman', has been submitted and hopefully will be published soon.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 4 years agoAuthor
Next story submitted.

The first chapter of the next story, 'Long Cool Woman', has been submitted, and hopefully will be published soon.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

A tad dark but who can blame Don. At least he has the answers, now he has to clean out the swamp. An excellent story again.

chytownchytown6 months ago

*****Excellent ending. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES