All Comments on 'A Desultory Discussion on Orgasms'

by ms_4tune

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Paul4playPaul4playover 1 year ago

This is great!

Well written with a nice twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The question posed here being, 'what did you think of the story?' I'd say that, to begin with, there's a not-very-subtle bias exhibited therein, and also, that while the writer may have some measure of experience with sex, she would seem to lack a true understanding of sexuality - especially with regard to males.

There were some very broad generalizations about male sexuality made, most of which were inaccurate, both in their basis and therefore in their conclusions, especially those attempting to describe the nature of male orgasm. I'd suggest a good deal of research into that subject, both as a purely physical phenomenon, and also the mental, emotional and psychological aspects of it, and certainly some research into the male reproductive system, which is far more complex than the writer seems to imagine. She'll find that these various elements are all of far more significance than she seems to realize at this point.

I'd also suggest that the writer - as all writers do - would benefit from an association with a good editor. There were some elements that an editor could have observed and suggested changes for, which would have made the story far more interesting, and perhaps still delivered the message the writer so obviously wished to convey.

And finally, just as an aside, I'm also a longtime cyclist, and one who deeply appreciates the aesthetic nature of bikes, as well as the pure physical joy of riding a beautifully designed and tuned bicycle, and I can say without hesitation that I have found that there are women, too, who left me with the feeling that a good ride would have produced a far greater feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.

But in either case, let's face it; those saddles, no matter how much you spend, are brutal.

harry_saffronharry_saffronover 1 year ago

I lked the story 5/5. It touches great topics, gets away from big cliches, may fall into others but in a very honest way. It felt very real to me. I loved that kind of cold attitude towards the male ego and the blowjob description was damn hot

HeadWindHeadWindabout 1 year ago

I think it is humorous but also contains a lot of facts. What Cheri says is true. Phil doesn't accept it because of his ego.

Bravo Cheri . . . and her friend.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Finally read - day late response, but the piece so well titled, well crafted — delightfully real. Can still feel my smile at your ending. So obvious that you enjoy writing pieces that give pause whether humorous or poignant or troubling. Still hopeful that you have more to share about Rachel and Pippa — wonderfully unique characters within an intriguing storyline. I know, I’ve said this before — probably annoying, but testifies to your creativity.

LoverOfLiteratureLoverOfLiterature8 months ago

Am I going to have to go and give 5 stars to everything you write? Even though mostly a polemic delivered through dialogue I found this "encounter" extremely hot. I'd like to read more...

PixiehoffPixiehoff4 months ago

Loved this, especially the ending. Having no experience of men I can't comment on what you say about them, but you are spot on about us. For me it is as much about psychology and connection as it is about anything else xxxxx

Timeless13579Timeless135794 months ago

I enjoyed the "give and take" style of dialogue. The whole interaction seemed realistic and sexy. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userms_4tune@ms_4tune
Note: Regarding the picture. I posted it awhile back as a lark, no other reason. It was taken over 20 years ago by soon to be ex-husband number two. Since then, time and gravity have taken some toll. If you want to know my appearance today, use your imagination. The screen n...