All Comments on 'A Game for Learning about Yourself Ch. 02'

by roseyfingers

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Amflyer1Amflyer1over 2 years ago

Sort of a set-up break. More, please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First;

Thank you for deciding to continue this series! Writing is a lot of effort - requiring tremendous creative energy, and consuming free time. We, the fans, appreciate it! Keep up the great work!

.

Don't worry about the haters, or those who nitpick every spelling error. A writer's role is just to write. Create. Produce something from pure imagination. Proofreading, editing and perfectionism comes later and can even be someone else's job. Fix the bugs later, if they bother you. Or don't. Down the road there will be plenty of opportunity to revisit your text to tune it up, if you want. Focus on the task of writing first.

.

As far as your writing goes - you're doing fine. Superb pacing and flow. Good use of realistic-sounding dialogue. Plenty of descriptions, but not too many so as to slow things down or get too detailed. Leaves just enough gaps for the reader's imagination to fill in themselves. For the most part good and accurate technical writing elements such as grammar, etc. A few minor errors here and there are totally forgivable.

.

Don't give too much weight to the harsh or unhelpful critics. Not everyone will fit into the target audience, and you can't please everybody. Write to satisfy your muse and to please yourself. You're your own first audience and fan of your work. Publish the sort of story YOU enjoy. If other fans come along for the ride, then great! If not, who cares?

.

Second;

You're welcome for the math calculations. The game theory fascinated me almost as much as the psychology of rape fantasies and other sexy stuff.

.

I built a simple program to simulate GB games. Random number engine to generate draws, turn after turn, according to the rules you described. House versus 10 players - for simplicity, arbitrarily named with first letters A, B, C, and so forth. That is; Anna, Betty, Clair, etc.

.

My program allows each virtual player to use a different strategy. For example:

* Anna. (optimal-safe) Always plays to minimize risk of strike. Hold 6+

* Betty (flawed-safe-hold5) Hold 5+. Discard if <4. (Stephanie's strategy her first game)

* Clair (flawed-safe-toss7) Hold 8+. Discard if <7. (Likely a common strategy ??)

* Debby (drunk-10%errors) Tries to play safe but makes random errors on one-tenth of turns.

* Emily (first-to-strip) Rush to a score of 8. After that, always play safe.

* Fiona (thrill-seek15%) Play safe by default. If not in lead, take 15% random risks.

* Grace (follow-leader-by3) Play safe by default. If behind by 3 or more, switch to rush.

* Heidi (dont-lag-behind) Play safe by default. The further behind, the more likely to rush.

* Irene (risky-after-break) Play safe for 45 turns. After break, take 15% risks/turn.

* Julia (endgame-reckless). Play safe until someone else reaches 19 or 20, then play risky.

.

Ran hundreds of simulations to watch how different mixtures of strategies affect the outcome at Level 1. Results?:

(A) Nobody is safe. Sure, players taking deliberate risks (E-J) have a higher than 10% chance to become center where those trying to stay safe (A,B,C) are less likely to lose the game. But anybody can get unlucky bad draws and reach 21 first, even the perfectly careful. No strategy is 100% guaranteed to keep you safe from the gangbang.

(B) Risky strategies are dangerous, but screwing up on accident (say by getting too drunk) is almost as bad. Which makes sense I suppose - Alcohol slows reflexes (miss the button press), blurs vision (can't see the numbers clearly), and scrambles judgment (can't do math or act rational). A wise player should avoid too much of the free booze. And competitively devious players might try to trick their opponents during breaks into drinking more than they should.

.

I will try to modify my simulation to reflect the rules for Level 2, to see how that changes things. But I live a busy life and don't have a lot of spare time. Not sure if I will get to it today. More feedback to come later, when time permits.

.

Anyway, great story and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some odds calculations for level 2 GB games:

.

Note, the house wins ties, so . . .

* holding on a 5 risks 50.0% chance of strike (the house draws 5-8, or half its possible numbers).

* holding on a 4 risks 62.5% chance of strike (the house draws 4-8.)

.

Pressing the mulligan button means a 56.25% chance of strike (36/64). Because there are 64 possible combinations - 8 cards for the player vs 8 for the house - where 36 of those outcomes are a strike. 56% falls between the risks for holding on 4 or 5, therefore that's the over/under for optimal strategy.

.

Put another way:

When playing at level 2,

- If you want to stay as safe as possible, then always hold on 5 or higher and discard 4 or less.

- If you want to maximize risk, then do the inverse. Keep 4 or lower, and press on 5 and up.

.

Applying the above strategies, the odds are:

* Stay-safe; 25% strikes/turn.

* Max-risk; 63.4% strikes/turn.(!)

* All other strategies; flawed-safe, random occasional errors, hybrid blends sometimes taking risks but otherwise playing safe, etc. fall somewhere between 25-63%.

.

As Steffi predicted, this increased strike-rate speeds up the game, but playing to a score of 24 makes it take longer. Which somewhat balances out. Much depends on individual strategies during each game.

.

If everybody plays perfectly safe all the time, games should still last about 100 turns. But the presence of risk-takers can now speed things up dramatically because rush tactics now have a whopping two-thirds chance of getting a strike each turn!

.

Also these rules appear to flatten the distribution of scores somewhat. Shorter games mean less time/turns for (un)lucky players to separate from the pack much. After all, even the safest players still get a strike every 4 turns on average now.

.

So at level 2, the difference between score 'leaders' vs. 'laggards' seems a bit less pronounced than level 1 games. This is before factoring psychological effects that can flatten final scores even more; I.E. leaders get nervous and start playing more careful, slowing down, laggards feel invulnerable and take more risks, catching up.

.

Although, keep in mind - if one or more players are gangbang sluts who take risks too often then they can sort of spoil things by making the game speed up so much that the careful players just don't have time to get into any sort of danger before the game ends.

.

Provided there's no overly-reckless-slutty players to mess it up, final scores at level 2 are likely to be fairly clumped, with most of the group nude (17+), or at least topless (16) or only underwear (15).

.

There's maybe a slightly greater chance of a tied game at level 2, but I have not yet modeled the stats of that particular outcome to compare. My gut instinct: ties should still be quite rare. A lot has to go precisely right for two women to strike out the exact same turn.

.

Hopefully this helps. Thanks again and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Regarding how gangbang sluts can spoil the show by making the game end too quickly;

.

Imagine a match where nine careful players are grouped together with one overeager slut - the slut will take lots of risks during the game to end it so fast the other players have not even started stripping yet. That ruins the show, leaving few to zero naked or underdressed women for the audience to ogle. The Club surely wants to avoid that outcome, which leads to the following question:

.

Does the Club harvest data from the number-generating devices each game? Nothing in the rules or disclosures prevents them from saving every single number drawn and button-pressed into a database. Why is that useful? Because it allows the Club to analyze that data to glean insight into each player.

.

The Club may hire some sophisticated team of numbers-guys to look at the data from every game to deduce the strategy and psychology of each player. They can figure out from her in-game choices how each woman plays, whether she uses a mathematically-sound vs flawed strategy, how often she deliberately takes risks, and so forth. Why does that matter? Because then the Club can rate or rank the slutty-ness of each woman who has already played at least once.

.

Data harvesting and analysis allows the Club to sort Level 2 players and then invite certain types to certain games; such that all the shy, careful, and safe players get matched up together, and all the slutty, reckless, risk-taking women only play versus each other.

.

As long as all the contestants at any given game are roughly equally-rated in terms of how often they take risks, then they should all pace roughly even in score, which means that they should mostly end up undressing and getting nude for the audience to appreciate, before any one of them loses. Which makes the best possible viewing experience for the Club voyeurs.

.

Level 1 games are likely used as a sort of filter, or screening process, to evaluate prospective players. Suppose the Club rates Steffi and Naomi as 5% risk-takers (meaning they're predicted to play poorly on about 5% of turns), then they would only get invited to Level 2+ games where all the other players are rated nearly the same, or within a few points. That way there's no total slut seated with them, to ruin the game by scoring too fast, and thus nearly everybody will finish naked or partially exposed before the end.

.

That seems only logical. But naturally, the Club isn't required to disclose it's proprietary screening/sorting algorithms, or how and which games it chooses to invite various players. This could easily stay a secret that's never fully revealed to the reader. Perhaps Steffi might suspect it, but never have her suspicion confirmed.

.

Just something to consider.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Maggie seems rather too trusting or open-mouthed, sharing details of her intimate sex life with someone she just met at a restaurant. But some people are talkative like that. She's a bit of an extrovert, maybe. Lacking some discretion, is all. Plus, one of the people at the table was her therapist, with whom Maggie is presumably already accustomed to opening up and sharing intimate details.

.

Anyway, given what Maggie shared about her kinks and desires, and the open marriage fooling around group sex she's explored that only seems to have left her craving more - she's currently my top pick for biggest risk-taker and thus winner (loser?) of the next game. She's talks brave at least, not at all afraid of getting group fucked, and apparently rather desires it.

.

Part of me hopes Stephanie does not jump straight up to Level 2 right away. Slow advancement allows more time to play more games, gradually succumbing a little bit more to her desires each time, before reaching the climax at Level 4. Slow buildup is hot. And more games played is a good thing in my opinion, as the games themselves are the most interesting part, and extremely sexy. Also, given her internal conflict, the silent back-and-forth debating with herself, it seems a bit out of character for Stephanie to rush ahead right away to the higher stakes of Level 2. She comes off like the sort of person who would rather take things gradually, dipping her toes in cautiously, without jumping quickly into the deep end.

.

Though I hope Steffi doesn't herself play on July 23rd, I could totally see her riding along with Naomi and Maggie, to sit in the audience and watch them play, provided that's permitted. Stephanie definitely shows a kink for watching other people get gangbanged. If she won't admit it, then maybe she'll tell herself it's a chance to study the game, sort of 'research' the higher level, before trying it for herself. Besides, accompanying her new friends to cheer from the sidelines, shows support or solidarity with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More than boring: tedious

I think it is the worst of yours, at least for male readers:

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing story looking forward to the following chapters.

Keep up the great erotic writing

auhound49auhound49over 2 years ago
Please another chapter.......

The stakes are not quite high enough....

to quote: "Stephanie knew she had not been cured of her sick desire to surrender her body and mind to become an object for rough sex, humiliation, whippings, impregnation and sex slavey".

Stephanie is a very wise slut who realizes that preg risk sex makes sex all the hotter. And if a pregnancy is not wanted then it can really make sex a real adrenaline rush, like extreme sports where there is a real risk if you loose.

Also, an unwanted pregnancy can be so embarrassing if taken to term as every one will see she is an unwed mother who could not keep her legs slut or even use birth control like a proper woman. Now if there is also a risk the baby might be black then all the better - so much more humiliating.

Lets face it, protected sex is mere mutual masturbation. Let's up the risk and thus the thrill.

Add a new rule that certain levels must be played without any birth control whatsoever. Level two may not last long enough to cause impregnation, but when it is a month, now that would be almost assured and really make things so much more dangerous and thus thrilling for a risk taker.

You mentioned impregnation several times in this chapter, so why not add a lot more in for ch 3? There are a lot of us out there who enjoy unprotected sex and the gamble of an unwanted pregnancy. I hope you add it here in the next chapter. And in your future stories.

Sincerely yours,

Master Paul

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with auhound49 (Master Paul),

.

Impregnation-risk sex is extremely hot. Pregnancy does not necessarily have to happen, but as long as its *possible* then the sex is better. Reproduction forms one way a woman can service a man sexually, and impregnation is basically the ultimate way a man can ravish a woman.

.

During pregnancy-risk-sex, the thrill of helplessness feeds back into her fetish to trigger her arousal and make the woman crest towards a stronger orgasm, where she cannot help from instinctively clenching around his bare unprotected cock, squeezing tight even though doing that only increases the chance of making him spurt potent sperm deep inside her fertile body, yet the thought of that danger only turns her on even more.

.

Losers of high level games - during their week-long or month-long commitment to the Club - should be prohibited from taking birth control medication. While they are a slave for a week (or month) their body belongs to the Club, and so of course they aren't granted the privilege of managing their own reproductive hormones.

.

Once off the 'pill' for a day or two, a woman's body returns to it's natural cycle, possibly ovulating, and the back of her mind is aware of the danger, cranking up the rush of risk and excitement for her. Plus hormone pills can suppress libido, so when she stops taking them and hormones return to normal then her sex drive can skyrocket to higher levels, particularly as she nears peak fertility. Even if she never ends up pregnant, a slaveslut will get some powerful intoxicatingly-pleasurable orgasms during her time as the Club's slave.

.

Perhaps this "rule" is not disclosed until the contestants at Level 2 arrive at the medical center for testing, or maybe not even until the period of service begins, immediately after their gangbang defeat on game night. Of course, any players who have a problem with this rule can walk away, forfeiting their reimbursement money.

.

Impregnation usually carries with it some legal liabilities for the father. However in this case, the Club can shelter potential baby-daddies from consequent paternal responsibilities by keeping the men's identities anonymous. After all, when the loser gets gangbanged by dozens of volunteer dudes on game night, any of whom could turn out the father, and they're all strangers to her and she has no way of identifying any of them and the Club policies protect those men's privacy, then she has essentially no chance of ever calling to court any one man for child support or whatnot. By sheltering the men from all legal liability, the Club raises the stakes even higher for the woman.

.

Stephanie's inner thoughts reveal that part of her fetish definitely includes a breeding kink, or at least she fantasizes about getting bred a lot. In Maggie's case, it isn't clear yet how she feels about becoming a mother, or how her husband would accept raising a cuckoo's egg - but he sounds like the sort of guy who'd be okay with it. After all, Chuck's been sharing his wife with other men for awhile now.

.

Anyway, please keep writing and consider this another vote for Master Paul's proposal: Birth Control isn't allowed for losers at level 2 or higher.

.

Sincerely,

The anonymous math nerd doing all those odds calculations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Nice build up, but ....

I hope chapter 2c is comming soon.

Da geht noch was, da ist noch Luft nach oben.

jrgg43jrgg43over 2 years ago

This is an excellent build up... I do hope you will continue with future chapters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Glad to see you're writing, again! Welcome back!

johnnuttalljohnnuttallabout 2 years ago

Interesting story, a bit predictable but a fun read.

I always wonder where the authors meet people who inspired their charters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userroseyfingers@roseyfingers
Having received favorable comments and a number of helpful ideas (thank you), I am working on further chapters of "A Game for Learning about Yourself." It might take a while before further chapters are up though. Thanks to all those who made comments on the first chapters o...