All Comments on 'A Game for Learning about Yourself Ch. 08'

by roseyfingers

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
jrgg43jrgg43about 2 years ago

Thank you for slowing the story down. The side bets are fascinating. I'm wondering if they will get even more extreme in Mexico. Stephanie keeps being told that being sold to a sheik or being sent to a snuff film location won't happen, but I notice there are no guarantees.

jrgg43jrgg43about 2 years ago

Thank you for slowing the story down. The side bets are fascinating. I'm wondering if they will get even more extreme in Mexico. Stephanie keeps being told that being sold to a sheik or being sent to a snuff film location won't happen, but I notice there are no guarantees.

cma68cma68about 2 years ago

Long ago I had the opportunity to interview Isaac Asimov for a magazine article. One question I asked him was whether he had a "process" for writing a story or a novel. His answer was that he wrote the beginning first, then the ending, and then he went back and wrote it sequentially from beginning to end. It sounds like you do the same thing.

roseyfingersroseyfingersabout 2 years agoAuthor

cma68 - exactly. Nice to learn I'm in such good company.

ArielRacineArielRacineabout 2 years ago

Glad to hear you got some suggestions that fit with your vision of this story. It's been a good run so far and I'm sure Level Four will be great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Come on finish this off

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Keep on writing!

"Stephanie had never requested such a leave."

Ja, so wird ein Schuh draus.

That's the way how to work with the critic. Our protagonist has lost the control of her fate completely. Like a train driver she can only control the speed, the switches are controlled by the dispatcher and he has his own ideas where her journey has to terminate.

I guess one have to know a bit of German history to know who the Fuggers 500 years ago were, their Fuggerei is still in service and has nothing to do with what is going on in U2.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userroseyfingers@roseyfingers
Having received favorable comments and a number of helpful ideas (thank you), I am working on further chapters of "A Game for Learning about Yourself." It might take a while before further chapters are up though. Thanks to all those who made comments on the first chapters o...