All Comments on 'A Marriage in Crisis'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 440 Comments (Page 2)
BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
First time reading your stuff

I really enjoyed your story! I liked the writing, pacing and originality a lot. 5 stars, just to get that out of the way.

I think your actual writing skills are good. Despite a few editting mistakes that seems to jump out at me, it was overall well-editted. It was a pleasurable read and the story didn't bog down; except perhaps the extended epilogue. Kind of reminded me of the last LOTR movie, with 5 endings. I tend to like stories that end with the resolution in chief, rather than a detailed explaination of the next 20, 30 or more years. I think I get why you did it, though; you were trying to show that this instance of forgiveness and reconciliation DID have a happy ending.

I really liked the original takes that you had on rapprochement, confrontation, and pride vs. hubris. A good BTB story is fun and all, and must be cathartic to those who have been put through the ringer by real bitches (or any of us who have be shit on in other ways). But stories like this can be uplifting to those people, too; to show that people can come through the other side of hurt and pain and find forgiveness and love again.

The hubby was, of course, a little too perfect. The wife a little too stupid (not to fall into the seducer's trap-I thought that was realistic; but rather in how she acted after the confrontation-agreeing to go to the room...c'mon, man). In that way, it was very StangStar-esque.

I think you did a good job of building tension, eliciting emotion, and making the reader identify with the hubby. I get why you did the confrontation and immediate aftermath as you did. And I appreciate the hubby's muddled mental state. However, if he was intending to invervene, then why leave the wife in the clutches of the asshole? At that point, if she went to bed with him, she would have killed it. If not, then why not just tell her-"it's him or (maybe) me (if he can get over it), you ready to leave now?" I guess he believed her when she said she didn't sleep with the asshole. I guess he knew her well enough to know if she was lying to him....(fatal flaw?).

Nevertheless, I really dug the story overall, and am curious about your other work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stick with Romance

I find the people to be plastic (or paper if you will), not very believable at all. If this is a true story and these people are real, they must live on a different plant!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
very good, but

Calling what she did "stupid" was not enough to forgive

her rationalization for what she was doing compared with the maturity she showed at the end was too inconsistent

She really did need to apologize

martshubby12martshubby12about 11 years ago
I rated this a 5

I liked the story and like all stories they are all diferent. Whatever the others thought, not all stories or should I say true life experiences end the same way. I will say the end was not neccesary for the story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Real story better

What you wrote after the scarf was far to unrealistic. What really happened should have been your base, then carry on with fiction with difficult times , situations, etc. Her character was too smart in the early story to act like the air head portrayed when talking with her family. Finally, not apologize! Fantasy!

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 11 years ago
An interesting tale...

and it rated a four from me. I like stories with more dialogue than this one had. Still, I read it and enjoyed it. Thank you.

user110user110about 11 years ago
that was one whiny dude.

infidelity is tied with financial problems for the #1 reason for divorce in america. sex and money account for 70% of the splits. (according to 2011 data).

austin_eroticaaustin_eroticaabout 11 years ago
Bad choice

I see you went with the omnipresent 3rd person narrative. I can almost picture Morgan Freeman narrating your story. I'm not a fan of omnipresent at all. Much better to do the limited 3rd person narrative, where you are in the head of just one person at a time. None of this "If only she knew..." In the limited perspective, the reader only knows as much as that character. This is a much better style. It engages the reader more emotionally. Omnipresent is like you're watching a reenactment of an event. It's boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
not a good story at all

try next time better

2 starrs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Bad end

Your ending comes across as he didn't love her all that much, he was just too afraid of being alone. That's why he does so much for her, he's afraid she will find someone better than him someday. If he really loved her as much as you try to make it seem than no one cry would put them back together. The deeper the love, the deeper the hurt and anger. And why do people think that having a baby will make things better? A baby only complicates things more and also can strain a marriage. You should make sure your relationship is strong before having a child.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
MacArther

Date 6–9 August 1945

Location Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan

Result Debate regarding how much influence on the surrender of Japan

thebulletthebulletabout 11 years ago
pretty good

I thought it was a bit long-winded. But the story took a different approach to the LW genre and that's usually a good thing - it was in this case.

The author shouldn't concern himself too much with the 'burn the bitch' crowd. Mostly little boys that have never been in an actual relationship, I'd guess.

And Harry - about the word "cliche" -- I don't think that word means what you think it means -- cliche #1 - the wife cheats because her husband is too good in bed --- I don't believe I've never read that one before. That would make it just the opposite of a cliche.

Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
read the bullet

comments and will say for him to talk about other people's comment i am astounded that someone could be so stupid, i only hope he doesn't have kids so he won't pass on his stupid opinions and ruin their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A tad bit long

But an ok story. I'm not sure how you imagine raising 6 kids on his salary works. And I'm REAL certain that having a baby doesn't help a marriage in turmoil. I think a lot of men would have walked out when the attorney admitted to giving him up and a lot more would have never let the brother in law follow them, given how upset he was with his wifes' actions. But that's just one opinion and I'm not the writer. Next time, fewer, better words.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

cheating cunts are everywhere, so if you have to have one, at least get one with a body and face you like, and use her like a whore and kick her ass out BUT DONT STAY MARRIED TO ONE!

renting a slut is cheaper than owning.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Rewrite

While the premise of this story is good, the writing style sucks. Redo it. I felt like I was bouncing from one point to the next with no consistency regarding the characters. He has four personalities that stand out, she is portrayed as an air-head in denial who miraculously "gets it" and gets all dominate.

Schizophrenic at best.

I like well written tales even if reality is not a component. This isn't one.

illjoyilljoyalmost 11 years ago
Classic Example

Of a pussy whipped man

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Sounds too RL for here

You went all to rational and deliberate rather than give in to the anger and the hubris to be honest lol. That is the basic solution most pf the time - one way or the other - totally wimp out and just take it or get all pissy and trash the world -

You took a middle road which probably what most do - from personal experience the confrontation is harder the longer it takes to know it is needed. He knew early enough for there to be something worth fighting for - maybe - and apparently he was right. As this was based on RL we presume they survived and all went well - too many times it does not - so gratz I think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry excuse for a man

I never read so much crying for a man, weak, wimp, girly man. He had a good background than you turn him into a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like it!

I like that your story had a happy ending. I also liked that it was not full of hate and revenge. I liked it too because the woman didn't follow through with cheating and the husband didn't leave, and they lived happily ever after. That's nice.

bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Still waiting..

It's more than 6 months since you posted this story and told us about your last installment of 'Love in the Cross Hairs' Well where is it?

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 10 years ago
stupid people

Good read, wife and I liked it. came real close to art imitating life in our case. You are right " pride goeth before the fall". In our case we beat the odds after two incidents with predators like the one here. the difference is I got my measure of revenge on them up close and personal. As for the anonymous jerks with their sad lives; It doesn't take a wimp to go after what is most important in life to you,It takes a mature man. In case your wondering or want to call me a wimp too I am a retired Sargent Major with too much combat experienance to list here and the commendations to prove it. I know what my goals are and have 33years with the same angel,2 daughters,1 son, house,dogs,cat,morgage SUV,and a great marriage. It was hard work and took both of us but it was worth it. So, how's your life???

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
you want feedback...

you're a moron "My belief is most husbands will accept one affair, and sometimes even a second, especially if there are children involved. "

A complete fucking moron.Once someone has broken your trust by doing the #1 most horrific and hurtful thing, then the trust will NEVER be back... the marriage is dead. Do many people stay in a dead marriage, yes. Does that make it all ok? Fuck no. It just means that in almost all other situations in real life, people tend to be weak, selfish and fearful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Total

This was a total SHIT STORY..You have shit for brains for writing this crap story. She is a skank, whore, slut. He is not a wimp, CUCK is the word.....I bet he sold his Harley.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago

I wonder how many of the outspoken critics have ever attempted to sustain the process of writing a story like this ? I am dabbling with it and am overwhelmed. You have done a fine job. I enjoyed it although I probably would have preferred to have the wife beg for forgiveness at some point. Oh well. Don't get discouraged.

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 10 years ago
Comment about the writing, not the content

Look. All you very brave Anonymous people who safely carp and criticize something you clearly cannot duplicate nor do: Get. A. Life.

If you have an issue with the content, then don't read it. Let me help you with this--

Don't Read It.

If you have a legitimate bit of constructive criticism, this IS the place and forum for that. Do I agree with the content of this submission? Not particularly, but that's not relevant. Is it well written? YES. So, either grow an honest pair of gonads and stop concealing yourself behind the safety of Anonymous, write your own stuff so I can criticize your pathetic attempts, or just stop reading things that raise your blood pressure.

A side note to one of the more egregious morons: yes, he DID sell the Harley. It's in the part where the bike didn't make it through the first summer, you idiot.

If you're going to cowboy up, then MAN up and admit who you are.

JFC123JFC123over 10 years ago
Metaphors

The usual readers of "Loving Wives" are torch the bitch which is why they read them in the first place. Ignore them. You have the masters touch with a story line. You have many original metaphors but I felt that you overdid them early in the story; probably showing off. The story would have flowed a little better if you had restrained yourself a little.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
re: JFC123

No what we're tired of is cockold loving assholes like yourself. Wipe your wife's lovers creampie off your face and man up. It sick sorry fuckers like you that we are tired of. We already know how fucked up the writer is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too long

I know it's an old story and your writing has grown since then, but I found. it long on detail and short on plot action. In fact I was able to scroll past vast tracts and not lose the plot or the characters. Not commenting on the story other than to say stories are judged on the ending, no matter haw good or well written the rest of the tale.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Get Real!!!

There is no way this story is realistic. I mean, he wasn't even a Navy Seal or a Black belt! He didn't kick the guy's ass and leave him without the ability to have kids. He didn't ruin his life for all eternity and run him out of town. He didn't even kick the cheating slut to the curb and leave her penniless for the rest of her life. How is she supposed to regret her one mistake for the rest of her life? This story is bullshit!!!

Of course I'm being sarcastic. These stories are the only ones in this category that seem to get any kind of respect. It seems that the more stretched from reality the story is, the more it is appreciated. We get a story on this site that ACTUALLY happened, and people act like the author is Lucifer's half brother.

I have NEVER seen anyone successfully do any of those things in a real cheating situation. Fighting the boyfriend lands you in jail. Seriously harming him lands you in prison. Kicking the wife out lands you childless and broke. Contrary to these stories, cheating on a husband does not automatically make her an unfit parent. Unless she has a heroin problem and is turning tricks to support it, she is getting your kids. And a nice monthly check. To top it off, she is not going to spend the rest of her life pining away waiting for you to forgive her. You may get a couple of years tops, but then she is going to move on to the next. That's REALITY!!

I know we all would love to believe that there is a 21 year old Playboy Bunny who has had a secret crush on us and was just waiting for the skanky bitch to mess up so she could seduce us into her loving, faithful bed. We would all love to suddenly become so successful at our job that we strike it rich. And we would all love to be the one who got away, the one for whom the ex regrets her stupid decision to cheat. Truth is, these things rarely do happen like this. Appreciate a real story when you come across one. Fantasy is a good escape, but we still have to live in reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Disrespect

I made it about 3/4 way thru page 5. I would be very wary for this guys future with this wife and her family. While the ultimate betrayal of fucking may have been avoided, so reconciliation could be possible. But she was wrong. She was cheating, for what 2 months? For her to characterize what she did was as "almost" a mistake and to continue to belittle him, "I want you to listen" bodes poorly. His feelings, not her stupid thinking should be paramount.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice to see the cockless wonder-eunuchs still commenting

Decent story overall, the Nazi metaphor was outright stupid though, otherwise good writing. All the insecure closet-cucks love to warble and squeal but wtf do they know: they are neckbearded virgins w/o gonads - they might as well be commenting about time-travel for all they know about being a man or relationships.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
zed0 the ped0 and huecuck commented, double-cucked!

get that salad-tosser cantbuyaclue to comment and have a trifecta!

SigintSigintabout 10 years ago
Scotch

Is a drink. To be from Scotland is to be a Scot.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
The apology

The emotional, ego-reinforcing talk was the right thing to do at the moment of crisis, but for most men, sooner or later the wife would have to bite the bullet and apologize for almost sinking the marriage.

TruckerChickTruckerChickabout 10 years ago
:D

Loved the story and use both Alabama and ABBA, why settle for one when you can have both ....besides the right kind of variety can be good. As for the divorce rate in America...I think people get married and divorced because they get bored and need a change because become dissatisfied their lives. I've never met a man who was that ....devoted.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
ITS NOT FOR THE KIDS PEOPLE CO-EXIST

its lack of money to maintain separate households. TK U MLJ LV NV

paulroverpaulroverabout 10 years ago
Good story.

Enjoyed it a lot, although I would have loved to see Bill get the living shit kicked out of him, but thats just me. On a more important note, its not wise to call a man from Scotland ''Scotch'' , that's the whisky. He is either 'Scottish' or a 'Scot'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
a whore ..

And her family of whores and faggots, they should die slowly and in pain and you should stop writing. This kind of shit, no apologies? No say im sorry? Were did you studied male pshihologi ? Wile sucking cock? She has a wek character she is gonna cheat eventualy but i hope that someday her and all the whores males or womens alike get hut by a 18 wheleer at top speed...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
To the anon dated 4-06-14

I've seen guys like you in the army. The reason you're having trouble with pronunciation is because some guy's got his dick up your ass. Does he make you lick the shit off when he's through?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
SHIT

How do you spell SHIT. This story was a crock of shit that stinks. Keep the motorcycle and get rid of the cheating lying whore bitch. Once a cheater always a cheater.

bonnietaylorbonnietaylorabout 10 years ago
How do you spell shit>??? Dear annony

you spell it with your name!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Tommy = pussy

Seriously? 1 * and only one. The in laws coaching in the hotel room? Taking his clothes out of his truck and loading them in their van? WTF. And men who let their wives continue on a chosen course without interrupting follow the ethical axiom that honor and trust are what do when no one is looking, or you THINK no one knows.

"Yes I made up stories Tommy ......." No Sandy, you outright lied.

tiredandoldtiredandoldalmost 10 years ago
Good start

Why do you guys read stories in the "Loving Wives" section if you don't want to hear of loving wives? Just a character flaw?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Been n ur shoes

Had almost the same crisis n my marriage at almost the same time although it was on both our parts about two years apart. We weathered the storm and enjoy the grand kids now. If you love someone u don't try to burn them, you try ur best to fix it. Attack it before it gets to that point. If u can actually "not give a shit" then you were never invested in ur marriage enough. Good Job and Soldier On!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very nice

You hit the balance between BTBs and the happy cuckolds. Forgiveness is possible, if not easy. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Interesting story ,

An educated women with some fears and a perfect husband that only exists in this story , gets

sweet talked into almost breaking up her marriage. It might make for good story telling . But she have to be pretty stupid to buy into that line of bullshit. For a fling to nowhere. So he forgave her at least the writer had a happy ending for us. Better than BTB crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I want to compliment your fine writing and story telling

Without a doubt one of the best authors on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
You're Full of Shit, Fuck Off!

Obviously written by a delusional women, from another planet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This story is bullshit. You have a really smart woman that you are actually describing as being functionally retarded and a really smart man who you are actually describing as being funtionally retarded. They you have a family that will do anything, even have a lawyer commit an offense that could if pushed get him disbarred, to keep these two retards together. There is no way either of these character could actually function as teachers let alone maintain a household. There is nothing redeeming about this.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years agoAuthor
To 9-16-14

The protagonists in this story were very young, and it happened a long time ago in a more innocent time. He was filled with hubris, and she was very naive. These kinds of things happened, and happen, all the time. Regarding the lawyer; he was a friend of the family, he accepted no money, and he hadn't 'told' anyone to do anything. In fact he remained a close friend of the family until he passed away.

To be more precise; this story was essentially true. The place where it broke with reality was right after our hero confronted his wife and the seedy administrator in the restaurant. The wife did not follow the administrator; she chased after her husband. However, he was so filled with anger and wounded pride he refused to listen. It was only then her brothers, her father, and yes, the lawyer, intervened. It was a good thing too; that young couple went on the live together happily married making a whole posse of kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
it's unlikly that the father was the better match

Usually, read almost always a sibling will be a better match unless they don't share both parents I'd get a Dna test especially with the wifes history

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Good story...

Good story...I liked it a lot. Sometimes revenge isn't necessary...he made the SOB sweat like a pig, just talking to him....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mutual caring vs selfishness

I don't buy the giving head to a man is degrading BS. If you want to give pleasure you sacrifice a little discomfort. Going down on my wife gets a little uncomfortable. my tongue and jaw get sore, but I would never consider refusing her because I love pleasing her, and I see it as giving her pleasure. If you focus on the negative you can find an excuse for anything. Sandy had way too much power for it to be an equal relationship. She knew she could go so far because Tommy was too submissive. That whole BS that she didn't cheat was crap. She cheated. For the whole time that shit went on Tommy was getting short shift. I'm not saying reconciliation was impossible, but the scales would have to be balanced. Tommy needed a boost in Testosterone to balance the relationship. The daughters would have been getting an unrealistic idea of how much control they should have, and the boys would be learning to cowtow to their women. She got off way to easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No marriage here

just a selfish little girl (little my ass she's a cum laude college graduate) who never loved her husband in the first place. she was in love with being in love. They did Tommy no favors and the ending never happened.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Perfect couple coping with what life throws at them

A wonderful story that, while it had a hint of a fairy tale about it, was touching and believable. An enjoyable and entertaining read.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
A Very Enjoyable Read!

Fun story, genuine and full of life!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Anger

Where is the anger? The principal gets off Scott free. A good story up to the end

and then it's all bullshit.

Jack99Jack99over 9 years ago

"See Tommy, my infidelity did make us stronger!", Sandy exclaimed. "Just look our family - You, me, and our four kids, William, Wilma, Billy, and Willy - we're the strongest family there is!"

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
WOW THIS SUCKED

with teachers this fucking stupid its no wonder our children in this country are all so dumb. the husband has no spine and the wife has to be retarded. they deserve each other.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years agoAuthor
To Mike 9698

Old Mike 9698 won't allow private responses so I'm leaving a public response. First, I've been to Kentucky. In fact I was there in October to look over a horse for one of my kids. Almost bought it too. Kentucky's a lot like Western Maryland and Western Pennsylvania; superficial prosperity but a ton of real suffering.

Next time you leave a comment help me out by citing something a little more specific. Try to offer advice on how to write. Offer some ideas about what to write. Name a couple writers you especially enjoy. I use this LW stuff as free practice and free input.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
Cardboard People

Cardboard people and stilted emotions. Couldn't enjoy or get interested in the story.2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Something different

I liked the intervene,rescue and heal it approach, for sure more than the let her do all the bad and then intervene as a Real American Man that scorch her and righteously win it all. Already are to many the "authors" in this section that relay on this sick point of view. For sure, alas, there was too much sugar and too much "you hurt me...(mom?)" during the healing portion. You could have used some more sobriety but, again, finally something different from the cuckolding way "hit me" and the violently stupid "hit her"

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
@mike9698 AND Carvohi

It is called FICTION, Mike.

It is NOT a carefully designed, scientific analysis with universally accepted validity, warranting the conclusion you have drawn! (from a sample size of TWO, I might add!)

Cavohi-san ... Please re-read the first sentence of your last paragraph (in your end-notes). You almost begged for that type of response from those less enamored of your authorship than I was.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
don't understand

I don't understand your closing of the story negating the rest. It would have made more sense to leave it off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well

I liked it, excellent writing.

And am a sucker for a happy ending.

But, you are dead wrong about most guys forgiving an affair.

Now in my experience, 5 friends and relatives have divorced. every time because the wife cheated, never the guy. In one case she left him and their 3 small children for her boss who dumped her a year later. Her kids are still in therapy. The dislike her with a passion for destroying their family, and their father.

Modern women, gotta love em

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

Excellent story, The thing that gets me about the "loving wives" is that there isnt to many cheating men and everybody knows thats the biggest bullshit story out there. There are a lot of men who will cheat and when their woman does, All hell breaks loose. My thought, My whole life has always been, "Whats good for the goose, Is most certainly good for the gander". Its all in your mind

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Meh. The wife's explanation while ganging up on tommy with her family was weak. She really glossed over all a her mistakes and tommy let her cause she was pressing her tits into his chest. I also got the feeling she liked and expected to be rescued which is damning and dangerous. I'm not saying he shouldn't have taken her back but not after that weak conversation in the motel where she excused all her behavior and really made no bones on why it wouldn't happen again. Because he was strong and was there? He was there the first time and she ignored him and now miraculously she'll remember the next time? That conversation felt way to contrived and despite the effort felt the least emotions there then in the whole story.

I honestly think the true story would have been a much better one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
i still dont understand what a man's pride has to do with catching a cheating wife

a woman goes out, fucks or sucks around, then its the man's ego that wont give her a pass and let her get away with it. Lets see first the wife has broken her marriage contract which in essence breaks the marriage. Then by sexual contact outside the marriage she has willingly exposed herself, her husband, her children, to whatever ever diseases she may contracted thereby placing her family in harms way. There is in reality no way anyone could carry on a cheating affair without someone knowing or guessing they are doing it. This exposes her, her husband, her children, and her extended families to disrespect and humiliation, not only from the one she is having the affair with but also from anyone else that knows or hears about the affair. Lastly, my wife once told me that for the most part marriage is simple a woman selling herself for her lifestyle to her husband and they family they have. There is no way a woman does not show total and complete disrespect for all members of her family when she has even a single episode of sex with someone not her husband, but she has also stated clearly and without any doubt, they only reason I remain with you is for your share of the financial support to maintain my lifestyle while I seek love, affection, companionship, and meaning outside of my marriage. I have heard several times that having an affair takes nothing from my marriage. How stupid could a person be to state such a thing. If they have taken nothing else, forgetting love, affection, respect, companionship, trust, they are taking the time and effort that could have been placed into the marriage and family. There is no way any affair with not directly affect a marriage. I have heard that more men than women have affairs, how can that be true. Are they having affairs with other men? Is one woman having all the affairs with all the men? And some men as some women have affairs with many partners, not just one, sorry I don't get where the research comes from with the data of more men. Could it be by survey, done with married men and women, and simply that more men tell the truth than women do? A marriage is a business, and investment in building a future, it is and has to be based on truth and trust. When the trust is lost, they is no foundation even if one cheating partner still thinks they love the innocent spouse. I Could go on with more arguments, but RAAC, and humiliated wimp marriages, are unhealthy and doomed to later failure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Cheating

Anyone who cheats no matter what is toast. BTB

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
Do we live on the same planet?

1) Almost call developed nations have a high divorce rate. It is a byproduct of marriage, You want lower divorce rates get rid of the archaic institution of marriage.

2) Most men will not accept an affair nor will most women. If they could then there would be a much higher rate of successful marriages after an affair, Unfortunately, that is not the case. Less than 1 in 4 make it for another 5 years,

3) Ahem, the FIRST highest reason for divorce is money. A very, very close second is infidelity.

4) I think that the actions of the lawyers involved would be of high interest to the Ethics Committee of the state BAR, If the attorney did not want to represent Tommy (what a fucking diminutive name!) then he should have said so and poitely shown Tommy-poo the door, And NOT called a BOLO! Geeze Maryland must really suck to live in if attorneys can get away with that shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Frustrating

As "tommyboy" was painted as muscular, athletic and well endowed person, his

Uncertain cowardly side doesn't fit in my mind. Discovering his wife's disrespect &

Her motel meeting with her paramor after his "slave like" adoration would really be a wake up call that would be really tough to reconcille for the majority, male or female, regardless of which role they play.m

Richie4110Richie4110about 9 years ago
God Story

Liked it and plan to read more of your offerings.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good read but

an apology really does go a long way in mending fences. Her little dialogue at the motel just seemed like she was too prideful to admit that she fucked up.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Hmmm

Good story but it read like it was through the eyes of a child or of innocence There were also some strange notions about behavior. It's OK to apologize to someone especially if you hurt them even if you didn't mean to as long as you explain that it was unintentional and why. You don't need to flay them or even fillet them. In this instance, it seems that Susan learned her lesson because she almost lost something dear to her (that's punishment). Other people may look at that and think that I got away with it. Those that don't have Susan's ethical background. There are so many variables to consider and with every couple the variables change. There is no universal line for divorce except maybe when everything is considered it's just not worth staying together and each couple has to decide that. Of course, on this site, you stray, you pay or the author gets a low score and doesn't hit the coveted 4.50. Perhaps it's the measure of a good author that can have a cheating spouse (usually the wife) save the marriage and still achieve the 4.50. Thank you, I enjoyed the perspective of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
How to rate this story?

Well, parts of this story are a 2 and parts are a 4 so I gave it a 3. I like the beginning. I hated the middle when Sandy seemed to be acting drugged or brain dead. (I wondered if the vice-principle was drugging her) and I loved the ending. I really loved the reconciliation scene in the motel. Very different. Very well written. If act 2 could be completely rewritten this could be a great story. The tricks the sexual predator were using were fine plot wise. It was just Sandy's reaction to that that doesn't work for me.

SKHPSKHPabout 9 years ago
You try to challenge SS06?

...in the contest to portray the dumbest wife ever. And in the contest to fill 7 pages with the stuff other authors do in less than 3.

But other than SS06 you served us with the "happyly ever after"-shit. And SS06 would not have left the perv without the well deserved punishment.

And why did you describe both the wife and the husband as "smart" in your longish introduction? They were obviously far from that!

I could not stand reading farther than page 4.

Jack99Jack99about 9 years ago

Tommy stood by his wife, as the last of her and Bill Moyer's kids went off to college. He had grown fat off the constant meal of cream pies that Sandy fed him nightly. They were empty nesters now, and He and Sandy, and her four (or was it five?) lovers had the rest of their lives to grow happy and old together.

"Tommy Dammit!" a voice interrupted his reverie. "How many times have I told you not to use that cheap-ass turtle wax on the van!". Bill was pissed. "While you're driving us back home, I want to be fuckin in a shiny van!"

"Yes sir, Bill!!!" tommy scraped and bowed. He drove the loving couple back home, and turned up the radio so he didn't hear their screams of ecstasy. A tear slowly dropped from his eyes.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Thoughts

“Sandy started to wonder what sex might be like with another man.”

I’ve said this before, what does it matter what sex is like with another man? If it’s no better, you’ve just cheated for nothing, and if it IS better, what then? Are you going to leave your husband because sex is better with the other guy?

I don’t know why he didn’t tell her what he knew about Moyer’s past.

I know others have said something similar, but how can a supposedly reasonably intelligent woman be so stupid as to throw away everything she knows is right just because “Bill says?”

And why doesn’t he shove the semen-soaked scarf in her face and demand to know where it came from? Let her try to claim he’s falsely accusing her now!

“once I explain how I only wanted to, you know, break the monotony, you know have a break before we started to have kids, he'll understand, and it'll all be OK."

R-i-ght, and of course SHE’D understand if Tommy wanted a “break” before they had kids, right?

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
@Jack99

Huh? If you don't like a story, fine, that's your right, you're entitled to your opinion.

But criticize the story that was written, not some warped version in your own weird mind!

I almost didn't read the story when I saw your comment, I thought this was some sick cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
this rings of a true story

but from my experience, the wife will have the itch again and she will scratch it... the sad part the husband may think all is well with a seed doubt in his mind... he will close his eyes and try to close his mind.. It does not work that way thanks 5 stars

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

To begin with since this story takes place when there are birth control pills it can’t be THAT old, so what’s with this “vow of poverty” teachers supposedly took? I’m far from an expert, but I’m pretty sure it’s been MANY years since teachers’ pay was so low!

Let’s see, he’s a wonderful, considerate lover, who despite HIS devotion to cunnilingus, gives up fellatio, apparently without her even asking?

He never attempts anal sex, again without concern that maybe she might like to try it?

And she gets BORED with constant great sex?!

She feels GUILTY that he gets happiness from making her happy, he laughs off seduction attempts by other women, and he ENJOYS being her “slave”.

They talk about EVERYTHING, yet she can’t discuss her fears with him? And she can’t trust enough in his love to KNOW that he can only love her MORE when she gets pregnant and gives birth?

What complaints can she have about Tommy? Granted, nobody’s perfect, but we’ve not been given ANY indication of anything she can complain about.

“some husbands just didn't care or understand the fears and concerns women on the cusp of motherhood had to grapple with.”

And where is it written that Tommy fits that description? And again, has she even TRIED discussing those fears with Tommy? Of course not!

Regarding the cereal – of COURSE you’re not going to put your hand in a common box of cereal; I’m sure if Tommy was in the staff room and taking some cereal HE’D shake it out also!

As others have said, so she hasn’t experienced other men – so what? Forgetting that WE all know that Tommy is a wonderful lover, so what if he ISN’T that good, that there is better out there, what are you going to do, leave him? If not, wouldn’t it be better not to know?

"Oh Daddy! Tommy and I had the most horrible misunderstanding."

“Misunderstanding”? I don’t think so! He understood all too well!

Just because you DIDN’T have sex doesn’t mean that “everything’s all right”! Just WANTING to is NOT right!

“No apologies”? Why not?

And how about suing the School Board for simply transferring Moyers? Even if there wasn't enough evidence to fire him, they could certainly made sure that people were aware of his "proclivities"! At least the PRINCIPAL should have known so that when Moyers started shifting schedule s/he could have said/done something!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Lawyers colluding with other law firms to unduly influence their clients ?

I think the Canons have something to say about that. I know the Bar does.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

I enjoyed the story, smoothly written most of the angst came through. I might have allowed the wife a few more days to suffer. So smart, yet not a clue about how her husband felt or how to keep him. Of course, if she had a clue the story couldn't develop. I gave it a five, keep writing..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great story

First, the father should have offered more harsh fatherly advice, such as, placing her in Tommy's shoes, would she allow Tommy to have treated her the same way, tossing a gift aside, and then discovering perhaps a womans panties in his bag? and then finding him at a dinner with the woman, and the same lies? I don't think so, and I doubt seriously she would throw her ring at the woman. I would see Sandy as the type to be so hurt that his belongings were or would have been on the front lawn. The position Sandy made that all of this was for the betterment of her marriage? really left a bad taste in my mouth, I understand the story, both are educated and all three characters are teachers, yet believing that Sandy is that naïve does not agree with me. I feel after the reading, that Sandy is the type that will blink her eyes cuddle close and cry a few tears to get what she wants. I also find hard to follow, all three characters are educators, one is at least vice principal or management, while the other two are in class room educators? So, with moral clauses and conduct clauses, why did Tommy just let Moyers off so easily? and to end this comment, We do see that Sandy is in fact two faced, and so carefully written, when the Italian guidance counselor puts the moves on Tommy Sandy steps in and squashes it. so that is proof that if the same were to happen to Tommy instead of Sandy, what would Sandy do? I think that was answered.

icebreadicebreadalmost 9 years ago
Very good.

Enjoyed this story. Thank you for telling it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very well written but some questionable logic re the reconciliation 3*

I do not have a problem with reconciliation as such but it has to be done right and I don't think this was very believable. If I was the husband I would have considered it manipulative and insincere. What is wrong with apologising, that she betrayed him. She did and she should have pleaded for his forgiveness. The internet guidance was mainly rubbish. Yes try to be positive about the future but do not deny what she did to him in the past. Saying she was stupid was self evident and no admittance of the real hurt she caused him. She need to own up to her bad treatment of him and the effect it had, which she at no stage did. She:

- Withdrew from him for weeks if not months making him miserable.

- She demeaned him on many occasions not only to her lover but to his face

- She disrespected him constantly

- She insulted him about the present and was both cruel and mean about it

- She failed to acknowledge him or show any remorse in the restaurant

- She even went up to her lover's his room fully intending to have sex despite the upset state of her husband. To me that alone was a deal breaker even if she didn't go through with it. It showed her intent and lack of empathy for her husband's torment.

And the revenge was pathetic:

- Ask him to change the schedules

- Not shake his hand!

The lover should have been reported for sexual harassment and the school should have been made accountable for moving him there in the first place and putting him in a position of power with his track record.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Geography?

Obviously not so good at geography, Everest is just over 200m (approx. 650ft) higher than K2.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years agoAuthor
To the geography anon...

Sorry the last time I was on Everest it was a clear day and when I glanced over at K2 I thought I was looking up. Next time I'm over that way I'll give it a closer look. Meanwhile I'll have to content myself with scaling Polish and Backbone mountains here at home. This fall we'll be back at Bar Harbor. We'll get out our grappling hooks, nails, and rope and struggle to find a safe way up Cadillac mountain.

Anyway, thanks for reading the story. A little more specificity regarding plot, theme, and mechanics would be most welcome next time you read something I've written. Have a nice day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sorry to burst your bubble.

But every single mountaineer/climber in the world knows that everest is higher than k2, especially the ones who go to nepal and make an attempt.

jimbo103jimbo103almost 9 years ago
Oh sandy,

you were real lucky you got the man you needed rather than the man you deserved

to the author i thank thee, you need not have been upfront about the truth & at the end but still you respected us to share that which you never had to.

(sorry for a moment of scepticism but it could also be a writers ploy:like a salesman tryin to convince that the sale makes no diff buy/not no prob)

but then if this is true (which some how i choose to accept) then i accept both the endings & the events leading to them as a guide to all who believe/feel/doubt their marriage is/isn't good/perfect.

i just hope someday if i faced a similar decision to be made, i somehow find the courage to make a right choice, coz today i definitely can't.

hope you enjoyed everest, but even though a diff of 237 mt (latest measurements) the appearance of K2 to be taller has been described by many climbers, its just an optical illusion of symetery that makes feel taller after all everest:8848 mt K2:8611mt. looks can always be deceiving, hence first impressions mean nothing in the long run unless they were right.

0649d0649dalmost 9 years ago
Not your best - good start but strange end

Thank goodness your stories have improved vastly!

I was cringing while reading it because the reconciliation was too ... I don't know how to even describe it. It just didn't feel respectable I think. But anyway thanks for writing

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Well told

It may be based on the truth but how many people pull the shit Sandy as some sort of character aberration and not as part of their character? Again, it may be true but she was guilty of adultery and conspiracy to commit adultery on many counts. She continually deceived her husband day after day as she accepted Bill's advances. It was not a crime of passion, it was coldly premeditated over a long period of time. If Tommy had been a dud, or an abuser, or any other type of guy she wanted to divorce, then her actions while dishonorable would at least be rationale and would not really be a shock to Tommy. Instead, she knew she had a loving husband and knowing that she decided to abuse him. She knew, as any woman knows and fears what it would feel like to be cheated on, but she went ahead anyway.

Here is the bottom line: in reality after discovering her cheating staying with her was a long shot and a bad bet. Maybe she never did it again, maybe she never got caught or related that part of the story to you. In any case, she proved how much she cared about her husband by her actions. Her desire to stay married and not be branded a whore only proved how much she cared about herself. If Tommy could live with that, so be it. I do not see the wisdom in staying with her.

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
insouciance

I always love authors who can give me a 'new' word. Had to look it up. Overall the story was great. Especially with the from the author part. So easy to get mad...so much harder to forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Comedy gold. Thanks for the laughs

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

You write two deans list scholars as if they were 6 year old children with aspergers... then you magically transform the wifes mentality back to that of an all insightful guru after the resturant incident... and ftr... right after she said "I'm not here to apologize"... I would have kicked them all out...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
slut

She knew she had a good guy but she chose to do what she did and she doesn't deserve forgiveness, especially after going up to the room with asshole after the restaurant incident, not apologizing to hubby, using manipulation and bad advice from dad and bro, etc. The things she did were not "stupid" which denotes lack of intelligent thought but "evil" which denotes selfishness and horrible desires. She cheated on him with her eyes wide open and with malice aforethought. If you can live with a bitch like that after what she's done, you deserve whatever happens to you!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
EVERY GOOD MARRIAGE IS ALWAYS IN A CRISIS OF SORTS

looking for a reason just take your pick of the daily life. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A crisis, being naive or plain dishonest.

Sandy, in my opinion was calculating and genuinely dishonest with her life and marriage. In truth Sandy believed no matter what she does or happens Tommy would always love her and never leave her. That develops a lack of respect and break down in the marriage. The trouble here is the advice from her parents. The advice should have been more direct, i.e. what would you do if Tommy was with a younger college girl doing the same thing both Sandy and Moyers were doing? Perhaps her answer would be throw his cheating ass out and start over. Not to change the subject, I have read numerous times this quote " Men want divorce while women want counseling" when it comes to cheating. I however cannot agree that Tommy was a wimp. You don't need to be a MARINE, SEAL, OR SPEC OPS OPERATOR or have killer combat skills to fight for or defend your marriage or house. I also do not believe any husband or wife needs to constantly police their spouses. Each are intelligent human beings and if temptation presents or in this case a long series of temptations which lead to dishonest and disrespectful ways Sandy treated Tommy even in the home, then Sandy alone faces her demons. Tommy did the wiser and let Moyers have Sandy, which we now know did not happen. There was no hero for Sandy, rather the idiot simply woke up and faced reality.

ErotFanErotFanover 8 years ago
Please don't fuck off.

I don't know if I believe your comment about surviving a _discovered_ affair. After all, that is what you wrote about. A hidden but brief affair could be weathered; by the offending spouse of course.

Your characters, Sandy & Tommy, are just a bit too perfect. Although I know a couple that would approach them in many aspects.

In all a thououghly enjoyable offering. A favorate. I will continue sampling your offerings, eagery seeking more more of this quality.

P.S. Eliciting over 200 comments to a story is no mean feat.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous