All Comments on 'A Marriage in Crisis'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 440 Comments (Page 5)
OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

Hiroshima was bombed on August 6th 1945.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Way too long.Boring

boneham21boneham21almost 2 years ago

How civilized, and not credible !

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 2 years ago

The author treats Tommy like a gullible farmer manipulated by a cheating wife. Yes, masturbation with a condom, with a glove, or with scarf is still masturbation, and that is SEX. She tortured the husband and humiliated him and then treats him like a child bringing him to her blossom like it was made of holy water and everything is nice and dandy. Wish life was as simple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An exercise in justifiable whimpomania... wifey never apologized for her behavior, just justified it while her whimpy fool fell precipitously down the rabbit hole. Wife is a pathological narcissist, not a good girl... no matter the sappy contrived and unrealistic ending.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Well written, really enjoyed it.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

I know this point has been made before but this gob smacked me: “he wanted to nurture his anger and sense of betrayal, "You did a terrible thing Sandy."

"No," she said, "I almost did a terrible thing, ”

A public handjob is no biggie? Bringing back the evidence in her purse HOME? That is not a terrible thing to do to your husband? That your male character did not call her out on this or on her lack of contrition—contrition is based on a full acceptance of responsibility when one screws up. Nothing like that here? No recognition to his face that she has done him great wrong; no abject throat baring? Why did he stay again? He was just ga-ga ha-ha for her. Your later stories are better than this. You could have gotten a better reception if you had painted this more realistically to the vast majority of men’s experiences. Her level of disrespect is … breathtaking…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Flat and dry. Too much exposition - "telling" - and not enough "showing" through the devices of plot, dialogue and story. It read like story someone else was reading. I sped through it hoping for some entertaining story, but nada. Two stars. Not even close to good by your usual standards.

PBD2022PBD2022over 1 year ago

MC is a wimp. Wife clearly cheated not the physically but emotionally. She may have stopped that time. It means she ll be more careful in the future. Once a cheater always a cheater. One who cheats willfully has a deep character flaw. If you sense this problem don't get married or have prenup with severe punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Remember what Barry said, no apologies, that'll only pour gas on the fire. No tears, no begging, no promises. Your promises now will sound hollow to him."

---- bad advice. Like something from a cheap knockoff Dear Abbie column. While a husband may reject an apology from a wife who has cheated (and no doubt Sandy had an affair) immediately as a defense reaction, you can bet they when they look back later on they damn well want to here it. Thr more heartfelt the better. Sandy got bad advice. I can get that they don't want to be faced with a wall of tears and blubbering. But if you don't act contrite and sorrowful good freaking luck. Btw the whole stuff with scarf hand job and the seven on it to take home is just beyond. Sandy apparently is mentally damaged. Yes she kept it in her purse but so what?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everest is the highest moment, nearly 800+ feet higher than K-2. I think the factual real life version was better. Why would Sandy go to the hotel room and then suddenly wake up when thr asshole made his move, but not when he asked her to stroke his penis in the scarf in the restaurant. And the fact she would bring it home, possibly to later leave it out is utter bullshit. In the story Sandy had a long emotional affair and cheated with a hand job and was contemplating direct humiliation of her husband with the scarf and semen and also planned to fuck Moyers at the hotel (ergo what did she think would happen in the hotel room when she joined him AFTER her husband left). I like a lot of the author's other stories but this is obviously a first or early work. The reasoning (or lack thereof) and self rationalizations by Sandra on her behavior, her marriage, her sex life, and her future suggest she is either an utter moron (for an extended period of time) and had no business teaching or somehow brain damaged and delusional with some sort of disassociative personality disorder. Her perversion of every action and quote of her husband is just weird and surreal. How she treated the gift is bizarre. Maybe in the real story, money came up in an argument right away. So how does fucking Moyers alleviate her fears on having children, on money, etc? She wasn't just being seduced. She had a full blown emotional affair. For the first five pages, Sandy comes off as vapid, self serving, temperamental, and dumb. But it is the extra parts that the author inserted after the request for a hand job up through that fateful night that just ring hollow, forced, and really strange. I cannot imagine a marriage getting through this without counseling. And I could see the husband filignnfor divorce and being forced into going to counseling where maybe they reconcile, once she talks. At least she eventually apologized but only after thr MC asks why she hasn't yet done so. It was smart to not just plead and cry, but good luck getting him to not divorce her without a lot of time and outside help. The deus ex machina of her vagina in the hotel room would not work in normal reality. Once the husband found the semen-filled scarf and tissues in her purse and confronted her at the hotel restaurant knowing full well she was going to fuck Moyers and tossed his ring at him, there seems no way tonfix the marriage without a lit of reconstructive healing, time, and counseling. And misunderstanding is those are all the additional parts add to the factual story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Carvohi has such a penchant for writing male characters who are all weak, stupid, and desperately need women to control their lives. I have to wonder if he is attempting to write autobiographical stories. One star because it’s as low as I can go.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

I thought it was great the way friends and family ganged up on this poor schmuck to use his grief to convince him to forgive his poor “vulnerable” victimized wife. More Femdom propaganda!

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Old she thought this out. Planned to cheat. She was bored by being treated right. Time to smack the butch and get away. She will think differently with a busted rib and a black eye. Cunt wants to cheat, let her wear the scarlet letter.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Chimo1961, vile comment.

Still think this is a great story, certainly sent ripples through the mom's basement gang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5* for storytelling. However, in the real world, starting a family with a wife who is already jerking guys off in restaurants is a bad idea. Better to reset and find another wife before the kids chain you to this person for life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ok. So a Narcissist bitch gets everything she wants. Then tortures the man that was giving it to her. He of course, has no balls and takes it. Not happening, in the real world. One star.

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 1 year ago

She never truly apologized for her short lived Fling. So, that does make Tommy a wimp.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

"...Scottish men didn't do anything emotional. That wasn't true; they held grudges, and they spent a lot time feeling sorry for themselves..."

Bit of a stereotype there, but it's how we were brought up (at least in the Highlands). To keep control of our feelings, but when we do get emotional, the party on the receiving end is either very grateful or extraordinarily sorry.

We definitely hold grudges, for hundreds of years, but we don't feel sorry for ourselves. The reason we hold those grudges is to plan our revenge. We don't feel sorry for ourselves because we intend winning in the end.

We're brought up with example of one of our kings fighting for our independence and that is to try, try and try again, and if that fails, repeat.

Surprised with the mention of grudges you didn't make the connection between Campbells and MacDonalds.

Enjoyed the story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Started good then just went to shit. Tommy was the biggest pussy ever. God after he left the restaurant the story went to stupidville.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

OMG ! After about 4-pages of drivel, I couldn’t take anymore, and skipped to the end. NOBODY is as perfect as you made out Tommy to be, and NOBODY is as F’ing stupid as his wife turned out to be. Way too much unnecessary detail that added nothing to the story. A longer story does not necessarily mean a better story. You have skills, but they weren’t apparent here. Only a -2, and no smiles.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Second reading. La esposa is simply too naïve for words, and it isn't awful, it just sort of looks like an early effort.

I did like the corny WWII similes, and this one should be in some kind of hall of fame: "she closed him in on him like a U-Boat that had sighted an unsuspecting merchant vessel off the coast of a well-lighted American shoreline. " Or maybe the Bulwer-Lytton Purple Prose Contest! I meant that in fun! It is kind of bad, but charmingly so. You have developed as a writer!

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed it but would have preferred the two sorry as you describe it. The jerking him off and planning to sleep with him and giving the scarf to get husband... Even though she didn't... And especially the lack of emotion it caring when caught disturbed me. But it here my interest....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Crap. Not because I have a personal problem with a cheating wife and I want all women to suffer but because you wrote the main character as a complete and utter wimp ready to throw himself at the feet of his cheating spouse. Where is the angst. Where is her rightful contrition. I think if you take the time to re-read it as objectively as possible you'll agree that you created a character that can best be defined as inefective. There's nothing he did that had any bearing on how the story played out. Not even the pathetic confrontation at the end. ...And she made him give up his Harley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was horrible. I've read more intelligent stuff on the bathroom wall.

You did get one thing right when you made the lawyer he went to see a disreputable asshole that would have been disbarred if he didn't have a mentally incompetent idiot for a client. Other than that, none of the characterizations were overly believable. Certainly none of them were worth caring about.

By and large, this was a huge disappointment and complete waste of time. I couldn't even finish reading it, as the shit was simply to deep to wade though.

secretsalsecretsal12 months ago

I mean, leaving the terrible treatment and the cheating, does he really want to spend the rest of his life with someone this dumb? Her convenient switch flips of exposition aside.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Damn, the MC in this story was irritating. What's with all that fucking crying? 1*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

When Sandy's Dad said, No daughter of mine could be that stupid. That said it all. Not only was she stupid, but here husband Tommy was an idiot. He ran away like the coward he was and cried his ass off. What's with that shit? This was an awful story, just awful.

Slider_48167Slider_4816711 months ago

Just about as unrealistic as you can get. I originally was going to rate it a three - but reduced it to two.

You made this as close to possible as a cuckold story missing just the penetration.. the predator should at least have gotten fired, and his wife informed. Too many of the characters were “ no foul, no harm”. I don’t mind the reconciliation as much as no real punishment for the wife for being stupid AND selfish

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The story was alright but, the wife is just too stupid to believe and the husband is just as bad. I also can't believe that any man would not extract some payback from Moyers. These characters must have been Scottish Quakers.

SeaChangerSeaChanger8 months ago

The dialog between Sandy and her family just after her husband ran off was too stupid to believe. Sandy had to be more aware of what she had done. Not realistic.

MasterKoteMasterKote8 months ago

Justifying the cheating again in ur stories and in real life there'd be a longer reconciliation period with no intimacy and probably separation. Honestly doubt most spouses would be so quick to reconcile

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Tommy is a very weak, submissive, subservient, character. He only played to be a man, but he never was. He accepted his wife, then all his in laws, to make decisions for him. He never led, but he was led as a lamb. He cried and puked, could not face reality. Hope his kids never took to their parents.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Jesus Christ. There's a difference between being a kind, caring man who thinks before flying into violence; and a whimpering, blubbering subservient simp who acts like a coward and a bitch. Giving your partner pleasure is. another expression of love, he's willing to eat her pussy but expects no reciprocation? No BJs? No fun butt stuff? because it's 'mean' and 'demeaning'; it's only those things if you don't respect your partner. He takes life way to seriously--the type of man who'd let his woman fuck him with a strap-on.

Being 'scared' doesnt excuse a wife from cheating emotionally and physically. She's a grown woman, she needs to take responsibility for her actions and face the consequences of those actions. She did not. She expected complete capitulation and subservience--and got it from her weak and pathetic husband. If he's the one doing all the housework--instead of splitting it equally--, and crying, and being subservient he might as well just call himself the wife.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charlton6 months ago

Typical of the author.

AngelRiderAngelRider4 months ago

7 page story that should have been 3.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Story was a fair bit longer than it needed to be. Tommy did a hell of a lot of whining and not enough decisive action-taking. Throwing your ring at the predator and saying "you win", I mean really? That's literally giving up. He may as well have just filed for divorce and moved on if that was his move.

As for Sandy, she may very well be the most naïve wife I've read in a LW story. Even her dad pointed out that after all that schooling and college, she couldn't be that fucking stupid. The excuse about her fears? Why not talk to your spouse? Nah let's talk to the guy coming onto me and trying to convince me to cheat on my husband; that makes sense. Then suddenly she gets all wise to the world later in the story thanks to "internet research". Shame she didn't do that before she let shit get out of hand, but of course, they never do. Well maybe in real life but it wouldn't make for much of a story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

While not against a reconciliation here, it wasn't particularly believable in terms of the amount of work and time it woukd take to heal. A handjob is a big step. Not to mention her "emotional" affair as she was being seduced. But no apology really is just a misfire. While it may be rejected out of hand at first by an angry spouse, without it being issued early in the reveal process and without snipes or conditions, it is a huge hurdle to reconciliation. Just the way people work. Was a decent first attempt at LW bu the author. Author had some much better stories. Not sure adding the handjob to what was already a good, real story, actually helped the plot. I get the author in his afterword said it was a specific choice and why. And I respect that. But if that choice is made, then need to address some of the holes in their reconciliation process. 4 stars.

MarkTwineMarkTwine2 months ago

Tommy had an IQ of 143 and taught high school history but some how he managed to be the stupidest mother fucker on the plant. In addition he has a big soft wet vagina between his legs. Congratulations for writing the most unlikeable character in literotica. Half way through this train wreck I was rooting for the wife to just leave and find an actual man to be with.

NallusNallus13 days ago

Tommy was way too wimpy. I'm for reconciliation but that woman says she knows how it happened, but seems not the slightest bit remorseful.

It left me not liking the dummy woman and just as simple man.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous