All Comments on 'A Matter of Trust Ch. 03'

by Jascsa

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
pkp033pkp033over 1 year ago

🔥🔥

Blinc1Blinc1over 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the first 2 stories, was looking forward to reading the how Nate would fuck them all.

Instead l got whimp of a soldier blaming himself for decisions taken in war.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The tension and conflict with Jackson is artificial and feels forced. The reasons they doesn't work are laid out with the first two chapters. This chapter played out exactly as expected.

When did Nathan try to tell Jackson he was in love with Candace? Nathan had not kept in touch with her *for eight years* because she humiliated him in high school. Only two nights prior he had his first communication with her in eight years - and Jackson coordinated it. Nathan and Candace hardly even talked. They just shared space very briefly and fucked even more briefly. Then he traveled for a day, she unexpectedly showed up at his hotel that same day, they fucked some more, and Jackson showed up first thing the next morning. Somewhere in there we're supposed to believe Nathan had come to the conclusion that he was in love and had taken steps to try to tell Jackson? Again, when? That's a pretty tight schedule but, if the first day's travel is any indication, surely Jackson was kept apprised of Nathan's travel that day and of his arrival at the hotel. If he had something to tell Jackson, he had the opportunity to do so. He just...didn't.

It is utterly baffling that Nathan and Candace are suddenly in love with each other. Why does Nathan love Candace? You know, besides the fact that she had sex with him. There is nothing in the backstory or in the first two chapters to give that development legs. This is just more of Nathan being led by his erections. That's not love. It's lust.

At least we finally have some acknowledgment that Nathan and Candace lived together under her parents' roof, a baffling omission and nonsensical plot hole in the first two chapters.

There is an attempt to add more depth to Nathan's character by giving him PTSD and having him visit his foster parents and his parents' graves, but those are cursory scenes that don't change our overall perception of Nathan as one-dimensional or add complexity to his motivation.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 1 year ago

Please ignore the negativity. Personally, I enjoyed this chapter. Drama, sex, unrequited love, more sex, brilliant. Only the immature think banging a bunch of women makes you a man, being loyal to one woman does. Hey if she wants her friends along that would be another story, I see a hint of that :)

To call a soldier a wimp because he feels responsibility (misplaced or not) for lives lost is an insult to humanity.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to chapter 4.

Cheers, Andy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At least the pervy asides didn't show up in this chapter. Confused why the brother would take issue with the friend fucking his sister instead of the brother taking issue with the sister fucking the friend. Given the background it doesn't make sense. I don't see love between the friend and sister. Anonymous was right. The guy is just a walking erection. The sister just has a guilty conscience. There's nothing lasting there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looks like another 7 chapters are in order at least..... :-) Nathan really is a good guy and wow, what a woman Candace is........ Bring on the heat...... ;-)

Keep on writing.............

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJascsa@Jascsa
Husband, Father, Outdoorsman Update June 29, 2023: Sorry for my inactivity on the current series I have been writing. I’ve had a few personal issues come up as well as my laptop I was writing the next two chapters of A Matter of Trust on died. The file got corrupted when the...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES