A Pleasant Surprise Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tom just shook his head, "I don't know man, just ignore it. All you can do right?" Josh nodded, as Tom continued, "I just hope Ellie doesn't have to deal with this too."

"I'm sure it'll all be fine," he replied. Changing the subject to more pleasant topics, Tom asked Josh how his basketball game had gone and was treated to a play-by-play of Josh's almost certainly exaggerated best plays.

————————————————————

Later that day, Tom was making his way to his locker with Josh before lunch, when his phone buzzed.

-E: how do ya feel about public displays of affection?

Tom smirked before texting back as he and Josh reached the corner where they both had their locker.

-T: Can't say I'm opposed, why?

"Because I missed you'' he heard Ellie's voice whisper in his ear. Tom spun around on his heel, only briefly registering Ellie's presence before she pushed him roughly up against the lockers and planted her lips firmly against his. Tom tensed up at being pushed hard against the lockers but melted at the feeling of Ellie's body pressed up against him and the familiar scent of her perfume washed over him.

"I'll just ah-" Josh began to say before Ellie broke this kiss, turning to him blushing, but without moving away from Tom.

"Sorry! I just missed him" she said by way of explanation, "Besides I owe you one for setting us up, kinda."

Josh just grinned, "Anytime, it was my pleasure, Tom's a lucky guy."

Ellie blushed further, "Aren't you sweet?" she said, giggling. "Are all your friends this nice?" she asked Tom.

Tom laughed, "Don't let him fool you, he's a bastard at heart."

Josh looked over at him, mock hurt on his face, "That is so rude and uncalled for" he said trying to keep a straight face.

"Yeah Tom, why be so mean to your good friend here?" Ellie looked down at him, also struggling to keep her face straight.

"You guys suck." Tom said with a grin and Ellie and Josh both burst out laughing.

"You two mind if I join you for lunch?" Ellie asked a touch hesitantly amidst her laughter.

"Sure!" Josh answered, "Usually it's just us two, the more the merrier right?"

Tom just shrugged and took Ellie's hand, "Can't say no to that, shall we?" he asked, gesturing with the hand that wasn't holding Ellie's.

Together, they made their way down to the cafeteria and collected their lunch. The three seemed to get along pretty well, Josh and Ellie bonding by making fun of Tom. After a while, Ellie excuses herself to go to the bathroom and Josh leant forward to whisper conspiratorially as she left.

"She is absolutely a keeper my dude, do not fuck this up" he whispered furtively.

Tom grinned, "Believe me, I know."

————————————————————

After a supremely enjoyable lunch, the three of them parted ways to go to their respective classes, and the rest of the day passed without Tom bumping into either of them.

At the end of the day, as Tom walked down towards his car, he felt an arm slip through his. Expecting Ellie, he was surprised to find instead one of Ellie's friends, Jessica Ryans. They'd had a few classes together and even worked on some projects together over the years but they were hardly close.

"Oh! Hey Jess, what's up?" he asked, coming to a stop.

"Keep walking! I'm just here to talk" she said, pulling him forward. Jess was a lot different to Ellie, she was much shorter for a start, only coming up to Tom's shoulder. She was also brunette rather than blonde, and slim instead of curvy like Ellie, but despite this she'd featured more than once in some of Tom's fantasies over the years.

"What about?" Tom asked, picking up his pace to match Jess'.

"Ellie, you know that gorgeous blonde that we both know? I want to make sure you're not going to hurt her" she explained matter of factly.

Tom nodded understandingly, "Ah, your the protective best friend I see?" He said, smiling sidelong at her.

Jess let a smile touch her features, but answered seriously, "That's me, now spill."

Tom sighed, thinking that this would be almost as bad as meeting Ellie's parents, "I really like her Jess... honestly, she's really special and I can see us going places."

Jessica nodded with a smile, "Good, that's basically along the lines of what I wanted to hear, because she IS special" she replied, "She's also been through a lot, transitioning and all. You're technically her first boyfriend."

Tom nodded understandingly and was about to agree when they both heard Ellie's voice call out from behind them, "Hey wait up!"

They turned and almost in unison smiled as they saw her jog after them. Before she got too close, Jess whispered a final warning, "Hurt her and I hurt you, understood?"

Tom nodded, "I'll do my very best not to" he promised.

With that, Ellie finally reached them and raised an eyebrow at Jess, "You trying to steal my man Ryans?" she asked sarcastically.

Jessica unlinked her arms from Tom's, "Wouldn't dream of it El, now you kids have fun" she said teasingly as she walked off, presumably to her own car.

Ellie gave Tom a sympathetic look, "She threaten you?"

Tom laughed, "Oh yeah," he replied.

"Can I make it up to you? Ice Cream my treat?" Ellie asked, hopefully.

Tom waved the offer away, "Ice Cream yes, make it up to me, no. It was no big deal."

"Okay, well how about I trade you a lift home for Ice Cream then? No news from the insurance company on a new car yet."

Tom laughed and unlocked the car, "I can give you a ride for free, but you seem really desperate to buy me Ice Cream so how about I let you get away with that just because?"

"Sounds good to me!" Ellie said with a laugh, giving him a quick peck on the cheek before climbing into the car.

Tom shook his head chuckling to himself, before driving them off, for Ice Cream and who knows what else.

To be continued...

————————————————————

Authors note: I've read every comment that's been left on this series and I really appreciate the feedback! It's good to know people are enjoying my work. Any suggestions are always welcome, but just know I do have a rough idea of the direction I want to take with this story so if I don't incorporate your idea, I'm sorry, it's not because I didn't like it! But I really appreciate you all, Thanks so much everyone!

~Risis

12