A Taste of Chaos Ch. 01

Story Info
A young demon finds himself as the Lord of Lust.
34.3k words
4.84
15.9k
25

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Before I say anything I want to make one thing clear, this is HEAVILY inspired by The Task's Lost Lord series on Literotica. He hasn't posted in years and I did reach out asking for permission to post this story that is built off of the framework of the world he created in his series but I never heard back. That said I am giving COMPLETE credit to TheTask for the world, ideas and framework of my new story. I took the world, framework, ideas and concepts from his world because I have to say, I really really enjoyed it and it inspired me to come up with my own tale in the world that he created. Many of the events and plot items come up in mine as well, as I said it is HEAVILY inspired by his. But this is my own unique work and my own take on the world he made and wanted to share it. It does NOT follow the same storyline or even have any of the same characters in it save for a few.

Let me give a few details to try to explain before we get into it. IT does follow the Lord of Lust Asmodeous like it did in TheTask's story, but in this one he transfers his power to an unknown demon instead of turning an 18 year old human into a new Demon Lord. Again, similar plot point but my own take on it. Several events in TheTask's story were ones I really liked and wanted in my own, so I used them with my own twist on them. Such as the new Demon Lord getting married, the war with Heaven and the angels etc. I am sure you as the reader will find many examples of this if you have read his story, and for those that haven't I recommend doing so as its a fun read. All that being said, this is my own take on The Task's world and I give FULL credit for his work and inspiration for my own work and hope that you enjoy the tale.

Lastly, once again I do NOT have an editor and I am NOT a good editor myself. Please try to ignore any errors you find (and I am sure there are plenty) and I hope it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the story itself. If you find you want to work with me and help me edit this story or my other series, The Silver Guardian, then let me know and we can talk and see if we can work something out.

Now, lets get this show on the road....

Chapter 1

Asmodeous was brooding as he walked along the streets of his capital city. As the Lord of Lust in the Land of Lust, one of the seven circles of sin, he was the highest authority and power and one of only seven Archdemons that ruled over the Seven Deadly Sins. He had been at this for untold millennia and he was tired of it. He was the only original Ruler of Sin left, the others passing and having their power transfer to their successor time after time, but he never had.

Not for lack of desire though, he had been searching for several hundred years for a worthy successor and even though he had several children, none were appropriate to rule the Land of Lust and his realm. No doubt they were capable leaders on the roles they had risen to, but they were not to be his successors. He had scried into every race and realm save for Heaven and the Angels for ages looking for a successor but he had yet to find one and was becoming increasingly desperate for it.

He was ready to pass on and let someone else rule if only he could find what he was searching for. He wanted someone with vision, someone new who would lead the Land of Lust into a new era and be a stabilizing force. Fierce and strong but not just the typical self serving demon that most were. Much like humans not all demons or the other humanoid races in the circles were inherently evil or bad. Sure they all had it within themselves just like humans did, and yes they were demons and tended to indulge in sin far more frequently, but demons had a wide range or emotions and morals too and had the capacity for great good as well as great evil. Sure it was much rarer to find ones that were kind and kept to themselves but it wasn't unheard of.

Asmodeous walked through the crowd on the streets seeing any number and colors of demons and races talking, working, buying and selling, and as this was the Land of Lust, yes even fucking and fighting. Demons came in all kinds of colors and shapes and sizes with the only true rarities being white and black. Black and white demons were the rarest and generally considered royalty for the most part black demons always had the highest power and strength, their natural gifts being far above any others but white demons were just below that and depending on the individual could be even more powerful than black demons depending on circumstances.

Asmodeous naturally was a black demon but he had pulled in all of his appendages and polymorphed himself so that he wouldn't be recognized. He had slipped his personal guard in the palace, the Sins of Lust, his personal guards and closest subordinates, the strongest save for Asmodeous himself with some notable exceptions in unique demons that belonged to certain groups and organizations.

He saw demons of lust of course, incubi and succubi as well as other regular lust demons, demons of wrath and envy and even some pride demons. He had made his way into the slums and was cutting through to head to another district of the capital when something caught the corner of his eye. Asmodeous turned and saw an ecclectic group of 6 or 7 demons of different sins converging on something. He was about to continue on and ignore the coming fight when something tickled his senses and he saw a flash of black. He turned his head to look closer and stepped towards the alley. He saw a rather small and obviously very you g black demon backing up in a defensive stance and looking around quickly.

What is a young black demon doing in the slums? He thought to himself.

The group had eventually encircled the you g demon and had pulled out there weapons, swords and axes and others. The you g demon in his fighting stance took a deep breath as shadows coalesced around his arms and legs enveloping him.

So he at least knows some magic, shadow manipulation is rather rare.

One of the attackers moved and brought his sword down in an overhead slash as the young demon braced his arm and the shadows intercepted the sword and stopped the blow as he pivoted and swung his leg around in a fast arc to get space. The others now engaged and came on in force as the young demon was constantly shifting and moving trying to block and avoid the lethal weapons and avoid being overwhelmed.

Asmodeous was mildly impressed, demons in general, at least incubi, were generally tall and powerful and though this black demon was young he was very small evenfor his youth. Slender and only standing around 5'7", Asmodeous could see he was very strong and had a lot of stamina for his diminutive size. I observing what the young demon was doing he he looked closer and saw that his clothes were dirty and mismatched and gathered that somehow this was likely where the young demon called home, but what was a black demon doing living in the slums?

Asmodeous snapped out of his introspection to see that the young demon had taken down 3 of the 7 but he had numerous cuts and wounds on him and was tiring. The four remaining demons had encircled him and were starting to taunt and attack him more and more as he began to succumb to his wounds. Asmodeous rarely got involved in others anymore but there was something to this young demon that was drawing him to Asmodeous, he wanted to find out what and he wouldn't be able to do that if the young demon was killed. Besides he kinda liked him, he was scrappy and a fighter and seven fully grown demons against one adolescent, even a black demon, was hardly fair.

His mind made up he reached in and ramped up his power a notch and took a step forward. To anyone watching it would have looked like a average red demon of list had put one foot forward and then disappeared, but Asmodeous blinked forward in an instant and took the head of the demon directly behind the youngster. The other three froze and blinked and looked around before one by one in mere moments the rest lost their heads and slumped over before Asmodeous reappeared behind the young one.

The young demon blinked and looked side to side as his opponents fell over dead for reasons he didn't know. He was tired and hurting and felt like he was about to pass out on his feet when he twas need up and froze. He sensed someone behind him and quickly turned around and brought his hands up as his eyes narrowed. He saw a rather average and plain looking red demon of lust in plain clothes before him. His appendages weren't out so he didn't know what type or color of demon he was as any demons skin could be any color, it was their appendages color that marked them apart. Most cases their skin matched their appendages but not always.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Asked the young demon of the newcomer.

Asmodeous grinned at the fore in the boy. "Just a friend lending a hand. I mean you no harm. Seemed a little unfair for 7 against one, let alone being fully grown demons when you are so young."

The young demon slowly lowered his hands and relaxed as he dismissed his shadow magic. "So you were the one who go killed the rest?"

Asmodeous nodded and then shrugged his shoulders. "Yes, I happened to be passing by and it caught my attention. Call me Asz, who might you be son?"

The young demon had relaxed and was taking stock of his wounds as he listened to the newcomer. "Well then thank you for your help and kindness Asz, I wasn't sure if I was going to get through that one. I appreciate your help. My name is Damiex Black." He extended his hand in offer for a handshake.

Asmodeous smiled and reached out to shake the young boys hand but when his hand made contact it was like he grabbed a lightning bolt with his bare hands and it exploded in his mind. Asmodeous' eyes went wide as a long series of visions passed through his mind's eye for what seemed like hours but was only a split second.

Thank the unholy I finally found him!!!!!! The successor I've been searching for for so long, and I randomly stumble across him today. He will do great things not just for the Land of Lust but for all the Circles! It was inspiring watching his progress and dreams in those visions. I have to move on this immediately!

Asmodeous let Damiex's hand go and grinned at him. Now to start him on this path.

"So how did a young black demon end up here in the slums. We both know that most black and white demons are treated like royalty, so how'd you end up here?"

Asmodeous out his hand on the young demon's shoulder and sent some healing magic into him as he watched the wounds begin to close.

Damiex sighed in relief and stood a bit straighter. "Thank you for that, it's already helping a lot. As for me, my story is fairly simple. I was abandoned as a child here on the outskirts and my earliest memories are of wandering the slums alone trying to survive. I was picked up early on by an older incubus who lived here and he tried to provide some support and shelter and food and raised me and mentored me. He was a rather strange incubus though, he taught and instilled in me the values of honor and sacrifice, love and loyalty. Virtues not typically found in the circles but I took them for my own, it's led to a much harder life but I am who I am and won't apologize to anyone for it. He was killed a few years ago in a fight and I've been on my own again ever since then."

Asmodeous liked this boy, not only for what he had seen in his visions, but the more he spoke and the more time he spent around him he liked this polite but fierce small demon.

"So what was the story with the dead fuckers over there that attacked you?"

Damiex sighed and shook his head. "It was retaliation from one of the newer gangs, the Pinnacle they call themselves. A few days ago I saw a succubus being assaulted by a few of their guys and ended up killing them. They've been hunting me down since then and finally had caught up with me today."

Asmodeous nodded at that piece of information. He didn't pay attention to the small fry gangs and groups in the his Circle, only the major ones and the pathetic Pinnacle certainly wouldn't be counted by him.

"So where do you live and how old are you Damiex?"

Damiex with a blank expression replied, "I don't live anywhere, I don't have a home. I just try to find a safe place to sleep and move around every day. I had been waiting to turn my majority at 75 and be considered an adult so I could see other join the army or a mercenary group and had been getting ready for that when these assholes caught up with me and derailed that. I turned 75 today and am now an adult, though I know I don't look it based on my size."

Asmodeous' grin broadened hearing that he became an adult today. It was as if everything had fallen into place all at once for this moment. "Let me ask you something Damiex. If instead of becoming a soldier or merc, if you could instead be offered an opportunity to make a real difference here in the Land of Lust, to be something that mattered and drove change. To be more than you are now and rose above your station, would you do it? Would you take hold of your life and your destiny? Would you rose to the challenge and grow beyond what you are?"

Damiex's face screwed up with confusion and doubt. "What are you taking about? I'm a street urchin, no such opportunity exists. I think your talking to the wrong kid."

Asmodeous frowned. "Shut up for a second and really listen. Listen to my words and hear the truth in them. No bullshit, no lies, just truth. If you could become more and make a real difference, ascend your station for the greater good. Would you? Yes or no."

The confusion hadn't left Damiex's face but he hesitated and listened to what Asz was saying, and most importantly how he was saying it. His face relaxed and he hesitated and really thought about it, something he had never considered before being resigned to his lot in life. His surrogate father and mentor had meant the world to Damiex and though not common in the circles had taught him to be more than a slave to his sins and desires. Not that he couldn't still I sludge, but that he could live and act and hold himself to more. After a minute of silence as Damiex considered it and how serious Asz was acting he decided to take a stand and leap of faith.

"Yes. If I could do something that mattered, could help our Circle, could become something more, then I'd do it no matter the challenge or sacrifice."

Asz relaxed and smiled broadly as he slapped Damiex on the shoulder. "That's a good man, that'll do. Come with me it's time."

Damiex once again looked confused. "Ok. Go where. Who are you really?"

Asmodeous got a serious look on his face. "I promise I will answer these questions soon, but no matter what you hear, what is said, who you meet, or anything else, just follow my lead and remember what you agreed to. No backing down and jump in head first. You got me?"

Damiex hesitated for just a moment but for reasons he couldn't explain he trusted Asz already and just nodded his head with a grim scowl on his face. "Very well, I accept. Now where are we going?"

Asz moved and stood behind him and out his hands on his shoulders. "You'll see."

There was a flash and then when Damiex opened his eyes he found himself in an over the top and opulent room that looked like some kind of office. As he slowly looked around he heard Asz speak.

"Welcome to your new home. This is my office inside of the palace."

Damiex froze upon hearing those words and slowly turned to look at Asz but he no longer looked the same. Recognition passed over his face as he stared into the face of the Ruler of Sin himself, the Lord of Lust Asmodeous. He quickly went to one knee and bowed. "My lord."

Asmodeous sighed and shook his head. "Absolutely not! Stand up immediately Damiex, you bow to no one and as of now I am NOBODIES Lord, so cut that shit out. Remember what I said. You committed to this and you'll follow my lead. Now get up and get that determination and fierceness back, you're gonna need it."

Damiex snapped out of it as he remembered Asz's words before he dropped this bomb on him. "Sorry, not exactly what I was expecting but you're right. Now what do you need me to do?"

Asz smiled, pleased to see his backbone back. "Simple. You're going to be the new Lord of Lust. I've been searching for my successor for several centuries now and I finally found him today in you. I'm too old to be doing this anymore and I'm tired. So today we will get everything ready and transfer my power to you and you will ascend and become the new Ruler of Sin. When I shook your hand somehow I scryed far into your future and saw what you would do and how you would lead us and that is what I've been looking for this whole time. You were right that your surrogate father was rather unique and because of that you are too. And it is what this world needs and you are what I need. You will rule and lead well and a new chapter will start in the circles and the eye of the hurricane that will surround it is you. I've made my choice and now it's time for you to step up."

Asmodeous watched the emotions roll across Damiex's face as he told him all of this. He was silent for a while before a small but grim smile appeared on his face. "Very well, let's do this. I won't let myself or the Land of Lust down. I will learn and grow and become what is needed."

Asmodeous had a wide and cocky smile on his face. "I know you will, I've seen it. Now there are a number of things I need to do and soon enough that will include you too. But for now you need to get cleaned up and fed."

Asz picked up and rang a small bell and a very young and pretty succubus entered the office. "Alizay, get Damiex here cleaned up, fed and properly clothed and then deliver him to the throne room in one hour. Treat him as if you were attending to me yourself."

She smiled and bowed to Asmodeous. "Yes my lord, he will be given all due respect and luxury and will be in front of you in one hour."

Damiex nodded to Asz as Alizay took his hand and led him from the room. Asmodeous sat down behind his desk and got started immediately. No one alive in the Land of Lust could ever recall the ascension of a new Ruler of Sin, Asmodeous had been around for so long that there were none left alive and go knew that he was the last of the original Rulers of Sin and his lands had forgotten this and just assumed he had been around for a long time.

To have a new ruler ascend so suddenly and without warning or announcement of hold be difficult, not to mention being able to stand toe to toe with the other Rulers of Sin when Damiex would have to be introduced to them and prove his worthiness. They couldn't overtly interfere in other circles business unless all out war was declared, but they could test any new ruler as well. Asmodeous needed to shore up Damiex's position and had a number of ideas.

He would need a guide for Damiex but that he as already going to be handled when he transferred his power and authority to him during the ritual. A small piece of his soul would remain with Damiex and could speak and guide him until Damiex was ready. It would be unfair and damn near impossible for him to succeed so early without him to guide him, but he was ready to move on and this would be the perfect answer. The Sins would swear fealty to Damiex in front of Asmodeous and then they'd complete the ritual and he would finally pass. But he did need someone on Damiex's side and had a very sneaky and so outed idea on how to do that since it fit perfectly with his lustful ways anyways.

He picked up a communication crystal and it lit up.

Hello Andromeda, how is the Lady of Pride today? I have an interesting proposal for you.....