All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 05'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 789 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Jebus

Do you believe this shit?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What is the extent of Beth's disability?

The story isn't clear: is his wife completely mentally handicapped or is she what they call high functioning? She seems to be able to dress herself and make meals, but she is also clearly bubble-headed and brainless about everything else.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
I am not sure how well Arnold's actions

will sit with his 'new perfect' Newf family.

Because it seems last chapter that in their eyes 'family is good to family SIMPLY because they are family'...even if they do you wrong on occasion.

Granted, who is perfect in their application of that dictum? Obviously not even them. it will be interesting to see where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

So he has no honor because she is a lying cheating cunt. More mexsmalltales from this man hating shit. I can see laurel dropping the 1's and maybe the 2's from the calculation, again. Pure trash.

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
stone cold

Poor ending. The marriage was obviously over in chapter one, so why drag it out?

I thought there may be some revenge that mattered, guess not. If your going to walk away, Stay away.

UncleBozzinUncleBozzinabout 7 years ago
Reality versus Virtuality

T3,

Don't listen to the detractors spewing their vitriole. They cannot write better than you on your worst day so they strut and pose their ignorance for all to see.

The children come first. The mother of your children, no matter the wrong, comes next else you will always worry about those children. The rest will sort themselves out in time.

Folks, it is a STORY. Grow up. If it isn't your cup of tea then stop, click off the internet and go chase a squirrel... down the street... during rush hour...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
please

Please let Honor and BB get back together.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 7 years ago
Hit me

A lot harder then I thought it would, While Beth's story is a little contrived, the drugs (she had to figure out something was wrong, yet she kept going back to Fred there was more to this then drugs.) Still,it is obvious Beth lIves Honor and he her, and I could see room for forgiveness. A lot of that would depend on true repentance and on building a new relationship, and it would be for both of them.No, honor didn't cheat and his issues were no excuse for the cheating and the disloyalty of his family, but Beth did have a point to that Honor dId put her and her family third, in his desire to do the right thing for 'the family', he helped lay the seeds of the destruction of his marriage, he took too much on himself and refused to recognize the cost.

That isn't his fault per se, his father laid that on him without telling him his duty to himself and his own family, and his mother and his sister and the extended family

Sensed this and used him, rather then trying to help him accept that he had a right to live, too,and living honorably requires bring honorable to yourself,too. It isn't that Honor is a bad person, it is just that he didn't learn his humanity until the folks in NF allowed him to be human..in a sense he emotionally cheated on his family and Beth,work took their place in his heart and life,marriage is about a lot more than sex,it is companionship and making the other person and kids number one,and no money replaces that.

As to why Beth kept going with the cheating,I think DQS in 'ghosts and shadows' explains that,in talking about Hugh,the husband, the cheating wife said after the first time she had sex with another man,the marriage was over, so she didn't bother even trying to get him to forgive her because he was that rigid and moralistic,so basically she had no reason not to leave him.As in that story, like Hughn Honor could learn to forgive and create a new relationshiph that while not the same,it couldn't be,it gave them both what they need,if not wanted.

I suspect the die is cast and Jane will replace Beth (if I took a crack at it,Jane would realize Honor loves Beth and will help him realize that is his future, and help them reconcile, but isn't my story and I am not Beth). Honor should take beth,move to NF and let the town and his family go to he'll, they deserve what they get. They only went after Fred and his brother when it cost them their meal ticket,they are scum.

jakie1jakie1about 7 years ago
Not quite finished yet!

If ever a story needed more closure, it is certainly this one. A reconciliation would be wonderful, especially as a follow up to their lovemaking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh my god! I want to like this.

I really do. But it's like getting a tooth pulled. Slow and painful. If I could beat Honor with s stick I would. He's just wallowing in self pity, astride the fence he's sitting on.

Pick a side, put the rest behind and move on in the chosen direction. The whining is killing me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I am completely engaged, love all the characters, after all, they are some of the...

....best parts of many of your stories. He needs to keep the PIs working and find Fred. No beating, but a full on prosecution and some serious jail time for his felony rapes and slimy behavior....oh ,and if Fred was such a slime, why didn't Honor ever get that before? Best friends don't make sudden discoveries on that level after more than thirty years as best friends.

Very engaging, as usual...I've enjoyed every moment, every paragraph and everyone we've come to know through this story. Of course, they are artificial composite constructs, but, as I said, that is part of your skill. You make them seem so real.

Thank you. Looking forward to the rest of it. Hating that I have to wait....but that's reality, when people do this for the love of the thing....and isn't that the true meaning of the word 'amateur'?

Oh, and, I know you will experience some pique from the comments of the 'near zero attention span, ADD crowd', but you must discount them, for in spite of themselves they offer nothing, but whine constantly.....like some entitled, spoiled brats I've known.

Carry on, MacDuff!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Different Title

Should have titled it The Whiner Runs away

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I vote for reconciliation

Or a polyamororus relationship...lol

AyreGuardAyreGuardabout 7 years ago
Just started chapter four.

Tx Tall Tales, are you aware no person has yet to give two shits about Honor? You have made this remarkable protagonist into a doormat. Everyone is either using him or abusing him in some manner and when caught, none are sorry for Honor. They all seem to be more upset with their own situation. Only the father-in-law seems to have been written with a set of balls. Hell, even BB seems sorry only that she got caught. Did she warn him? Yes, but only after the fact. Why are all of your characters so selfish? Please tell me this is not how you view the world.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Harry in VA

I would give anything for you to call me those names to my face but unfortunately little cock sucking bitches like you hide behind a computer and think (or their version of thinking) that they are both smart and brave. Unfortunately you are none of the above. I would call you an asshole, but I would hate to insult assholes the world over.

vintageridervintageriderabout 7 years ago
No rush.

As far as I'm concerned there is no rush to reach the end. This has been such a satisfying read that I hate to see it concluded. You have provided a number of possible new story lines that need exploring. Are you sure you wouldn't like to pen something like HDN's "Lady in Red" epic? These five submissions would make a marvious prelude to that kind of a story!

Here's a suggestion if you decide that idea has merit. Since you have presented Honor as a moral man who always tries to do the right thing, how will he handle the "forgive us our truspasses as we forgive those who truspass against us" requirement that his already forgiven uncle will remind him is a foundation stone of the value system that (up until now) has directed his actions? Obviously, that assumes his value system is based on Christian values. I am not necessarly a recollication at any cost advociate but you have presented a woman who appears to deserve a large dose of mercy.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warabout 7 years ago
Confused

TTT, Still enjoying the story. You have kept me guessing on plot lines the whole way. The 1 thing I'm lost on is why you had Honor start calling BB's parents Mr. & Mrs. D in this chapter. To me it threw the flow of the story off.

DoW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
wimp Honor

Got a suspicion wimp Honor is preparing to forgive and reconcile with his 40+ acts of infidelity wife. As if Fred and his drugs could promote that degree of treachery. Wish our abused hero would develop some backbone and kick Beth to the curb. Instead he has two acts of sex with her; now all she has to do is wait for him to come running back for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
AWESOME EFFORT

Honor is a straight up guy, who went off the deep end. His soon to be ex went off the deep end. If she had only strayed once, Honor's reaction would have been indulgent. She didn't. She strayed multiple times. (I thought the drug influence was a little forced. I didn't think that added much to the story and may have been a way to answer why she did it without trying to really build a reason why a determined 4 year old would have done that. I don't get that side of the story.) Beyond the parenthetical, the character development and story telling is one of my favorites. Well done, and thank you for spending the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Still without a real soul?

Honor should not be called Honor anymore as you well put it..This selfish man still doesn't really accept any responsibility and even after. Knowing his wife was drugged he is dead set against any chance of trying at all to make his marriage work.Remember there is more to your vows than just fidelity and she wasn't in control of a few of them due her being persued and drugged..Honor was to blame for the initial onset of indiscretion by not putting his family first..That my friend is the MOST important vow of all and he broke it....You need to get your house in order...All these poor bastards who hate women WANT you to keep Beth and Honor apart because possibly they hate their marriages that didn't work...Well marriage DOES take work on both sides and more so when there are problems..Honor needs to get over himself and man-up....He's not the fucking hero he thinks he is...At least not in MY neck of the woods..He fucked up too and should work on fixing his marriage for his wife and children.It would not make him a cuckold as some assholes here say...A cuck allows infidelity. Both these people never really wanted it to happen at first. Honor started their marital decent..Nuff said!!!!! Garland Jackson

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 7 years ago
Is a happy ending always bad?

Why do so many people in this category feel everyone who makes a mistake has to be burned?

This area has gotten far too toxic. It would be nice to see some reconciliation stories some time. I think it takes a stronger man to forgive then to hate at all costs.

A weak man who runs is not how a real man behaves.

Honor at all cost is not worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Soooo

She was repeatedly drugged which means raped. Hooked on drugs and blackmailed.

And he still won't work on hiss marriage? No therapy?

I am surprised she hasn't suicides.

This character is not nice at all. I didn't think it was possible but you ha e me feeling sorry for the wife and mad at the husband.

Dude. I hope you fix this in next chapter cause this guy is acting evil now.

ken philipsken philipsabout 7 years ago
Anony is right for once

Honor is evil. What is it abt LW authors at present? We now have two authors in two days where the poor wife was raped/drugged & the so-called hero still kicks her to the curb / divorces. WTF? What pathetic, self centred, gutless, horrible excrements of a human being!!

ken philipsken philipsabout 7 years ago
Moreover, Honor is anything but...

He run away. he cannot forgive. he has zero compassion. He is always right. I would never want to be in this fuckface's life, that's for sure. he is actually a textbook sociopath.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Disappointed - No More Multiple Stars

All you've ended up doing is the same old standard male BTB. He's been wronged, she's a slut . . . He takes no responsibility for his role; never home, traveling for work (he could have taken her, her mom lived not that far and his mom and sister in town). He is a selfish, self-centered, narcissist who views everything through his distorted eyes. Jane should run for the nearest exit. Frankly he should grow up, learn that forgiveness is critical to surviving this life; he needs forgiveness every bit as much as Beth. Through away 30 years together? Maybe our author is a reflection of our increasingly pitiful American male.

looking4itlooking4itabout 7 years ago

Wow anondiot, you might want to seek out a therapist...

This was better because Honor wasn't wallowing I his self pity. I've known people like him, seeing only black and white, and they can never have a satisfying relationship because nobody can live up to their sense of perfection. She won't but Jane should really consider that Beth never felt like she would disappoint Honor but she did and there's no way Jane can live error-free forever. The biggest disappointment will be that Honor will not learn from his mistakes and lighten up on others. We will see where you take it in the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loving it!

I for one, in disagreement with the other comments to date, absolutely love the story and Honor's development. For someone who constantly does what he believes to be right only to have his whole world turn on him, he is surprisingly graceful about it. While I don't believe he's a saint he has been fair, which is better than most humans can do.Even with the reality of the drugs and the rape that have come up in this chapter, what hurt him the most was the lack of trust and honesty from others. Excellent read and I'm ecstatic to read the rest!!

rixelsrixelsabout 7 years ago
Arnold's Attributes

It is a good thing that BB fell in love with Arnold when she was 4 years old. If she had met him when she was in college she would have realized he was just a self possessed asshole.

green117green117about 7 years ago
For you black and white types...

Do you think if your parents were black and white, good and evil sorts you would have survived to now?

Are you sure?

Green-something

naxos65naxos65about 7 years ago
well done

great story so far . Just one thought . For all her failings , Beth is really sorry . people do things they regret . How many relationships fall by the wayside because of hurt pride ? Such a waste ---------tragic

IheartgayficIheartgayficabout 7 years ago
Hmmmmmm?

Is it weird that I want Honor and Beth to stay together even though they probably won't? Like this whole tent trip story was the big goodbye but I feel like there's still hope.

RePhilRePhilabout 7 years ago
Major change of dynamics

The main driver in this story from a readers perspective is the "Villian to Victim" dynamic. When a writer changes "cheating" to "rape" the entire dynamic of the story changes for the reader, leaving all the previously story and emotions by the waste side. Basically making any part upto the rape irellevant and wasted emotion. This not to say rape or cheating stories are not worthwhile, just that when one starts out playing Baseball and ends up on a football field its kinda of a waste of a bat and ball. Again just some musings from a very unintelligent reader. Always a Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

i wouldnt consider racc but when you got kids involved that are that young, realistically reconciling is best option. Her sin was deception and adultery, his was abandonement, so whos sin is greater. She fucked around on him in secret, i cant remember how long she has been doing it but he didn't get hurt because he didn't know. Until he found out! He himself went off the rails, and abandoned everything.

most of which is completely justified, except for neglecting his kids. They both hurt each other, but the one suffering the most is beth. she deserved it but under association her kids suffered as well. Its Sad and very real. brilliant writing once again, not looking forward to the last chapter though. the feels is getting to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks RePhil

Now i understand why all of the sudden i stopped to care about how the story will end. Still this is a great story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
Finally!

A chapter that moves forward. Good, but I think the story could have got here with much less meandering through the Canadian maritime provinces.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
The Iliad of LW

These are actually some of the best of times in this category since I've been coming to this site . The affect of Legends Day has lead to quite possibly the greatest two week period of LW ever !

I decided , after the first chapter , to wait and do some power reading at once on this series and WOW !

The comments section of this series is almost as entertaining as the stories themselves . There have been some seriously wonderful and precise critiques and reviews that have actually lead me to go back and totally see different angles and shadows of the same story that I just read myself. To those of the commentariat who have put forth real analysis that is heartfelt and logical , I salute you for enhancing this epic.

To the author , I'm in awe of your talent . ( a few typos here and there , but hardly noticeable in the grand scheme )

I want to thank you for this really great entertainment that you've given to us dyed in the wool LW aficionados . This whole series has been top shelf.

blackbear10blackbear10about 7 years ago
ironic...

It's ironic that as time goes on the person who did the wrong begins to get the benefit of the doubt and sympathy and the person hurt by their actions begins to or is made to feel guilty for being angry and pissed. She cheated....by her own words she enjoyed it went back for more lied and covered up.....got her family and friends to cover for her and would be still riding that cock if he had not walked in on them. Now she has seduced him....has him feeling guilty for being human and getting away from the situation and using his children to. make him feel like he did wrong too.

Looking forward to the end....but not optimistic about how it will be resolved. But.....thats what makes it a good story. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

lol all the cuckholds and feminists have come out in full force to bash you, knowing full well that this is looking more like a btb than a raac or waac. this was great story, honor does have a character flaw and all the cucks out there hate it. hes black and white, unforgiving, uncompromising and in compassionate to the point that hes cold hearted. but i say your wrong. it has not stated that this is the first ever mistake beth has caused in there relationship, or him too as well but it is a major one. she fucked up big time,she cheated , got his whole family involved. she didnt communicate about her problems and showed no sign of a disgruntled wife.in his eyes before d-day his marriage was good so he saw no need to fix it. Shes mainly to blame but TTT has gotten his audience to hate Honor. Well done and fuck you also. Damn really how can you hate a guy who carried his family, friends and extended family on his back for all these years just because he has a relapse and goes absent for months on end. Everyone is willing to forgive the more human like character that cheated and feels nothing for the automaton main character who is the actual victim. Makes sense though we are on an erotic story site.

Concritic123Concritic123about 7 years ago
Didn't fully read this chapter.......

I only read the comments. It's like walking through honey. I do give you an A for effort though.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Ending?

Repeating myself here:

TTT TOLD us this would be a six or seven chapter story, so why complain that it's not over in five chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Unfaithful Beth

Beth admitted she knew she was destroying her marriage by cheating, but chose not to stop. She implied it was the best sex she had ever had - it set her on fire and lets face it, she probably would have had sex with those two guys on the hiking trail. They obviously thought so.

The wife he knew and loved is unlikely to be faithful if he did reconcile, so why bother. Janie is a better option.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@doofus67 Re: :Paternity

Yes, I had forgotten about that! Beth threw out the DNA sample he provided, then his mother comes up with a hair or something that he's TOLD is his, but without a new test with DNA from him with a proper chain of custody, the kids' paternity will always be in doubt.

It obviously doesn't change his fatherhood, but proof of earlier infidelities would certainly ease his separation from Beth!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/29/17 Re; "Great start"

Argh! Another "why doesn't HE fight!" He won the fight when she said, "I do!" From then on it's HER job to fight!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/29/17 Re: "Arnold vs Honor"

She only thought it was Honor the first time. Then, after she knew Fred had tricked and raped her, she let him back in the house!

I'm sorry, the first time is all on Fred, she shares much of the blame after that. After the first time, she should have kept Fred at arm's length, and told Honor as soon as he was back!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@AyreGuard

I disagree that nobody gives a shit about Honor. I believe that the Newfs do, even if there is SOME selfishness with the music group and the new business, but overall they care for him AS HE IS, and want what's best for him.

Even Jane, as much as she loves him, wants him to take care of old business with Beth FIRST, and if that means that he doesn't come back to her she will be sad, but happy for him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@calgarycampers

It wasn't ONE mistake, it was 40 mistakes!

And I think bringing the drugs into the story was a mistake. It ether makes a convenient excuse for a reconciliation, or makes a split seem meaner.

Athena74Athena74about 7 years ago
Enjoying this story

I'm enjoying this very much. Glad you are not getting Honor and Beth back together. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Bad4FunBad4Funabout 7 years ago
WOW

WOW, this story seems to have brought a lot of emotions and points of view.

Seems to me that this story has brought out the fact that neither one of them (Beth or Honor) are perfect.

I also wonder how Janie would feel about Honor and Beth having sex, several times on that stormy night. Was that the ‘Honorable’ thing to do? Would she feel cheated?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Congratulations! I'm just not sure what for. I find the story lame, inane, and preposterous.

Well, a lot of people love McDonald's hamburgers, and Donald Trump. So much for quantity versus quality of opinion.

Lame: The drugs made her do it. Except she don't remember no stinkin' drugs, just some pot and fantastic sex, which she of course had to rub his face in. And he ran off without letting her explain, except on the trail she'd rather not talk about it, once he starts challenging her "lame" excuses. And he doesn't bother to ask her just why she ditched the kids and everything else to go hiking, after he left her with his company and most of his resources. But she's OK accusing him of ditching the kids after learning that his wife of many years had turned into Slutula, with his best friend, and his best friend's brother. And nowhere does he or she mention that she was fucking up Fred's marriage at the same time. Her umbrage and explanations are laughable, but he seems to take them seriously. Give me a break.

Inane: The endless and pointless details about minutia, while all the big questions lay largely unanswered and unexplored. From the time he caught Beth fucking Fred, I don't think you have Beth speak more than a couple of hundred words. Instead of trying to understand what happened, why it happened, and if there could possibly be any justification, or at least explanation, the main plot mysteries just languish while he goes north to play music and get drunk, with relatives he's mostly never met. I guess if he's buying they're embracing. Fine. Fuck us who actually care about the main protagonists and antagonists, their motivations, their actions, and the consequences. He doesn't get around to asking about Fred till their hiking in the woods, months after the discovery?

Preposterous: You know nothing about backpacking. Going on a hike in the Appalachian mountains without rain gear is like going boating without life preservers. I take that back. You can go boating for years and never need a life preserver. And expecting an inexperienced hiker to hike 20 to 25 miles a day, with a full backpack? She'd be lucky to make 5. With a 50 pound pack, she'd be lucky to make 2 miles. Your details and descriptions indicate you got your hiking knowledge from Google, and some unbelievable presumptions.

Guess I'm making too much about your back packing ignorance, but it is profound. Sorry, I know you're trying.

Like a few others, its just painful to see such a rich compelling plot squandered with contrivances and stupid behavior and excuses, from people previously described as virtuous and intelligent and honorable. They're not.

I'm happy for you so many people like this story. I'm sure McDonald's doesn't miss me, and you shouldn't either. Thanks for the effort.

donjuan1954donjuan1954about 7 years ago
Great read

Been waiting for the next chapter - you're one of the few literate authors here. Hope there's two or more chapters coming - soon!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Bad4Fun

I don't think that Jane would be TERRIBLY upset. I'm not saying that she would like it, but he IS still married to Beth, and Jane wants him to do what he has to to come to a resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Now your in a pickle

@ TTT you have developed your characters very well with Beth being a lonely wife of a absentee husband Arnold who's working to be "rich and famous" while ignoring his wife. Beth getting stoned and drugged by the weasel Fred who uses her like a stupid airhead slut. Then you have Honor (Arnold) fall in love with another woman all the while completely ignoring his children and his wife. You start out showing Honor as a responsible hard charging loving husband but he develops into a self centered righteous uncaring jerk and without a hard reconciliation with Beth and his children this story will leave a lot of readers feeling "pissed off". Of course the way you developed the story there will be a lot of pissed off readers whichever direction you take this story. Thanks for a well written story and I look forward to any of your stories.

BrickDaddyBrickDaddyabout 7 years ago
A 5 Star out of 4

I love to give out 5 stars in a category where 4 is a top score because of the BTB and RCCA folks and anony dueling each other. I hoping and guessing you have another 4-7 chapters coming as I'm into it.

Brickdaddy

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 7 years ago
Not in control.

5 stars - and growing - for me, because one of the ways I rate a story is how much I keep thinking about it.

There are many things here that warm my own personal cockles quite a bit - a tall, handsome, rich, athletic, musically talented, intelligent guy who lived a fairy tale life - right up until he didn't!

(I'm shorter than normal, not especially handsome, athletic for my size, still...intelligent but in mostly unimportant ways like never turned that anywhere NEAR "rich". My first love dumped me - easily. Several other "significant others" also cheated on me and left without much angst on their part at all. Yet I've somehow managed to have 4 wives and lead a reasonably happy and often fulfilling life. Poor Honor goes all to pieces with just a LITTLE bit of things not going his way? ;-)

In many ways I'm finding Honor more and more unlikable. I'm actually feeling more sympathy for BB. Sure, she fell - but so did Eve and Eve got dissatisfied in Paradise, no less! Yet Adam stayed with Eve...a better man than this "Honor" character!

I'm feeling like both Honor and BB were basically spoiled by their "fairy tale" lives - never experiencing the pain (and personal emotional growth opportunities) of EVER just being rejected by others in early relationship dramas.

Honor took BB and his children totally for granted? And didn't even trust BB enough to tell her exactly what he was doing and why? Why would he not? Why would Honor NOT know the kind of man Fred was, as well? He was only a narrow kind of "smart" man while really dumb in interpersonal matters? And STILL be such a successful international businessman?

The war of the sexes in ongoing and constant, not just between man and wife but also sons and mothers, brothers and sisters. Honor thought he had his life under control but the 3 principle women in his life thought otherwise - THEY wanted to control him in one way or another and this caused a lot of the tension he experienced - and it ended up he wasn't in control after all - and the 3 women weren't either. Unfortunately this kind of Kamikaze conflict often does occur in real life - a kind of MAD situation - and no one really wins.

I think real, adult, men and women BOTH have to make compromises in life - and this part of the Lord's prayer is just basically very good pragmatic psychology: "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive others who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one..."

I hope Honor does grow up a little in this tale - why did he abandon his children, especially his daughter so easily? (Because he already HAD so much with his traveling for business?) But they are your characters and it is your story and I expect many other thoughtful things to be thinking about...and no, I do not expect all my questions here to be answered. No more than in real life.

Thank you for this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Morals

I have to say I've never seen or read a story with so many people with no morals.

Peter_Peter_about 7 years ago
Can't wait to see how it finishes

But without a doubt one of, if not the best story I've ever read here or anywhere else.

6 stars

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Okay with more info

Okay, the odd behavior of the wife has the drugs explanation. It seems like they aren't on the same page as to how much drugs were involved, since he was told she was hooked and she denies it. If it was true she'd still be getting a supply. Lots of heartache and vitriol on the trail, but it seems like we are in the accepting stage now. On to the finale? A top rate story.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 7 years ago
Interesting tale.

In my humble opinion (OK maybe not humble). I do feel that both parties are victims. That being said both have to take the blame in the disastrous end of this marriage. It's also clear that both parties still love each other deeply. As a stop at home Mom I can feel Beth's frustrations. As a girl/female I also have more sympathy for her than Arnold/Honor. The reason being just prior to getting married. I had a one off fling with my BFF at college. After a night out with the girls I had no way to get home. I had to stop with Kelly it was a student room with one single bed and no couch. Going home the next morning was a nightmare as my parents, sisters and brother were waiting for me. Along with my beloved fiancee and our daughter. Needless to say the wedding was cancelled it took me a year to prove myself. I have to say I was lucky to be forgiven. It was a year of hell not that I didn't deserve it. Like with Beth it was like a click in my brain. I had to function for the sake of my daughter. Her Daddy moved to another State back to his parents for a while. I was a pariah as far as my family were concerned. My daughter saw her Daddy every other weekend. That was my penance having to see my innocent little girl cry. After three months we dated again. It went from there but I'll never do that again. Beth and the children were clearly too far down the list of priorities for this to work. On the other hand Arnold was trying to do the best for his family. It seems to be the most common of faults that let them both down. Lack of good communication skills from both parties.

Of course the real victims of any divorce is the children. It's an unfair criticism but I have to ask. With the absence of their Father both in the marriage. Plus the time that he simply ran away. Would the children be better off without him in the long term? That is probably an unfair question. But with the way Marie reacted, I am curious about that. However, with all that said Beth did cheat on him in a spectacular way. Beth 'stole' his heart from childhood. Plus the fact that most of his family, extended family and friends. All lied to him and tried to cover the whole thing up. Obviously made matters worse.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. The arguing dialogue was perfect, and authentic. This is your best writing ever. I am not sure I get the resolve to end the marriage after finding out she was drugged without her knowledge and somewhat blackmailed- that was a bit ambiguous. So her sin was going to smoke pot the first time and essentially being raped. I'm not sure what else to call it when you're given a sex drug without consent. She went back the second time, tricked by the remorseful Fred, still not knowing about the x drug she had been given - and he drugs her again. It's a bit ambiguous in the details, but it just sounds weird that before he found that tidbit out he was going back and forth about her, and then after finding out he is coldly determined that it is over. Just a bit odd. I would think a rape victim would get some additional consideration.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Honor

I don't understand all the hate for Honor. He was TOTALLY betrayed by everyone one he loved (except for the kids, of course!). Even his mother helped his wife cheat on him; which, by the way, weakens the "drugs made me do it" excuse; arranging for baby sitters indicates a planned activity!

Was he perfect, no; he worked too hard, his priorities were skewed. Did ANYONE talk to him, try to take some of the load off? The biggie was the China trip, which was going to be his last big one, and that was her THIRD fling! I'd have more sympathy for her and less for him if that was her FIRST time, especially where he hadn't told her that he was cutting back, but it WASN'T her first!

Again regarding the drugs: Even before the first incident with Fred, she was already acting inappropriately to the point where she was getting her ass chewed. So I think we can pretty much disregard the whole drug crap!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Clay Walker - This Woman And This Man

Been tryin' so hard just to talk to you

Haven't heard half of what you want me to

I've hurt so bad over where we've been

Don't know how not to go back there again

I know what I wanna say

Can I get it through to you now

In some other way... like

There was this woman and there was this man

And there was this moment they had a chance

To hold on to what they had

How could they be so in love and still never see?

Now nothin' could be sadder than

This woman, this woman and this man

A stranger's eyes in a lover's face

See no signs of a better time and place

Have we lost the key to an open door

I feel the need to reach out to you even more

It's a circle we're goin' 'round

If we don't get us out from under

It's gonna take us down

See there was this woman and there was this man

And there was this moment they had a chance

To hold on to what they had

How could they be so in love and still never see?

Now nothin' could be sadder than

This woman, this woman and this man

For all we've got to lose there's so much to gain

If we come this far and leave it behind

There's only you and me to blame

See there was this woman and there was this man

There was this moment they had a chance

To hold on to what they had

How could they be so in love and still never see?

Yeah we can get it back again

This woman, this woman and this man

Yeah we can get it back again

This woman, this woman and this man

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No, it wasn't Honor's fault.

"It struck me that it was the first time in her life that Beth called me Arnold.

I guess Honor no longer fit. And I have to confess, a large part of the reason for that was my own. Still, it hurt."

No, it wasn't Honor's fault. He did nothing wrong. Let's see how anyone else would react to such a betrayal. I don't know about anyone else, but when I've been hurt by those I love, they are the last ones I want to see my pain. They lost that right!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Want a song? How about Tracy Chapman "Give me one reason".

Thats the song he should have been singing. Tell us what ultimately happened to Fred. He deserves a drawn out torturous death with Beth or Arnold trowing the last shovel full of dirt on his grave in the quarry. He is most to blame, then Arnold. Arnold is a weak man

doofus67doofus67about 7 years ago
@sbrooks103x - Honor

Totally agree with all your points there.

Whilst Beth was very probably tricked and taken advantage of the first time, she still went back for more and more. Not only did she continue with this unacceptable behaviour in the bedroom but she was seen holding hands etc with Fred in public.

If Beth truly regretted the first incident and was indeed being blackmailed and drugged, surely she could have gone to the friend/relative policeman (the one who pulled Honor over) and told him of her situation before it got out of hand. After all, Beth wasn't under the influence of x or roofies 24/7. He (the copper) wouldn't stand by and do nothing or tell her it's all her fault. I guarantee he'd have Fred in a cell in no time.

I must admit however that i have sympathy for Beth as things currently stand for being drugged of in the first place. That sympathy will probably go though if she was trying to get pregnant with trail-sex just to get Honor back.

Unlike Beth however, i have no sympathy whatsoever for his mother and sister. I know we haven't heard about them recently but that "babysitting-while-she-screws-around" is totally and utterly unforgivable and he should never speak to them again, ever!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@doofus67

Thanks, I had forgotten that cop! She certainly could/should have gone to him if Fred was making unwelcome advances. They obviously WEREN'T all THAT unwelcome, LOL!

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Meh

I get Arnold hating his wife. That is a very visceral scene and the drug theme, to me at least, rings very false or 'pat'. Maybe it is such a cliché. But what woman is unaware that some clown plying her with all the compliments, drink and pot she wants isn't trying to get a taste and not have her radar up? That would be zero women in America. EVERY girl is taught about that.

I get him hating on his sister and his mom, particularly given the...semi incestual nature of it on the part of him and his mom. I get that it's a 'squick' for TTT, so...okay. They SHOULD have had his back over everyone else.

I don't get him hating on every single person in the town and in the factory so strongly. Really I don't. I get a LITTLE sense of betrayal. HIs chest thumping Olympian wailing seems a tad overwrought. Most of them SUSPECTED. Are you going to gut shoot someone over a SUSPICION? Accuse people who can fire or suggest you be fired? If Jeanie from payroll says something to Arnold and Fred or his wife hears and he CAN'T verify it is true immediately? Her life is essentially over. Her and her family's income. That is a HEAVY burden for a 'maybe yes and maybe no'.

I 'suspect' quite a few women in real life of being less than true. But I don't KNOW. Should I just throw accusations out willy nilly? What if I am wrong? Do some of them KNOW? Yes, his secretary has a different standard, but some guy on the floor?

It is an opinion. Pissed? Sure. "A Pox on All Your Houses' angry? Well...there is the question. But he seems to be calming down, so let's see where this goes.

liz33ndliz33ndabout 7 years ago
good story

ya it was part of honor's fault, you cant ignore your family for years (3) and still expect life to go on. blame is not the issue here, good story line and have everyone involved in reading is the authors main point. keep the curiosity up, you are so talented.

IMSmutIMSmutabout 7 years ago
Not a fan of the Blackmail/Drugs angle.

The drugs and blackmail angle stretches my disbelief a little bit.

The drugs themselves don't explain the repeated cheating, particularly during the China trip and after, even if they could have facilitated and enhanced the experience, giving Beth an incentive to go back for more. Small towns are also horrible at keeping secrets, as honor states in the first chapter, and if either Fred or Beth were heavy users I think at some point someone would intervene, particularly if Beth was so beloved as she is made out to be.

The blackmail part is even worst and makes the betrayal by Honor's mother and sister even more monstruous. If Fred was somehow blackmailing Beth I don't see any way for Peggy and "Mother Dearest" not to have found out while they were babysitting during the fuck sessions and "trying to convince Beth to regain her senses". And when you have relatives in the police force and do absolutely nothing to prevent the repeated rape of someone you purportedly love it's very hard to go even lower.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hiking with addicts

It is kinda odd that someone who is addicted to coke is able to hike the Appalchian trail. One would figure they would have some fix in their pack, but apparently this woman can do without.

It is amazing how neither of these cretins have any responsibility for their offspring. Just leave them to others... I have my life and it's too fucked up, so I will go on just thinking of myself and how tough life is - oh booo hooo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
limo liberals and redefinitions

It is bad when we start to realize how badly our social fabric has been messed with - specifically the new use for old words, like "rights vs. privilege" now we get to redefine "honor" (through the use of this little diatribe).

Would "honor" allow you to abandon your children? How about you spouse? If there was a mistake or drugs involved, wouldn't there be some form of vengeful penalty meted out to the perps? Wouldn't honor demand that one place their individual desires aside for the sake of the family unit? Then again honor and family come with people recognizing that work needs to stay at the office (but that is probably why I remain a pauper). The NEED for redefining the social fabric starts in the home (seeing as religion can no longer help, but hey, they were only in it for the money anyway - those dirty wops!). Yes honor gets redefined in many ways in this story - lets see how it ends (probably the obvious polygamy scenario with everyone falling in love with each other and living in a single polymorphorous arrangement...)

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 7 years ago
Drugged and Raped

And her asshole husband makes this all about him instead of supporting his wife.

Everyone is better off without this loser and the rapists need to be dealt with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RESPONSE TO COMMENT by liz33nd 03/31/17

Did Beth ever...even ONCE... prior to his trip to China, say anything to him about spending more time with her and the kids? She was using drugs in college and hiding it. She SAYS that she wasn't fucking anyone else THEN while he was working his ass off to start the business but is she hiding the truth about THAT? He has every reason to wonder and be suspicious.

After he saw her happily riding Fred's joy stick and found out that everyone knew about her fucking him, he left her, the town and his family (mother and sister) because he'd busted his ass for her and to guarantee the livelihoods of all his employees/family members and was totally betrayed by every fucking one of them.... including his mother and sister. It's a miracle that he didn't hire someone kill a dozen of the treacherous and thankless motherfuckers.... especially his wife, Beth, his best 'friend', Fred, his brother, Dale, his unbelievably deceitful mother and his 'loving' sister. All you "sensitive" fucking Liberals make me sick. The guy had his heart crushed and his soul ripped out and you expect him to respond as if someone spilled their coffee on his shirtsleeve. Your utter ignorance disgusts me.

clive_iluvnycclive_iluvnycabout 7 years ago
Thank you.

Thank you for this entire series and all of your stories. I still have many to work through, but you have a knack with the disrespected husband scenario. Well done. Hope to always see more stories being added to your submissions here.

PencarrowPencarrowabout 7 years ago
THE DRUGS ARE IRRELEVANT AS A REASON FOR HER CHEATING

Except for perhaps the first time.

But at some stage, Honor’s mother and sister knew what was going on and, according to both of them, they “tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn’t listen”.

Now unless they were in the same room with her and Fred as the drugs were being administered and she was already so out of it that they couldn’t stop her, and I think this is so unlikely as to be ludicrous, then we must accept that they already knew what BB had done and was continuing to do.

When they found out is moot, but the fact that the whole town knew seems to indicate that it was not a recent discovery, and I suggest they all knew well in advance of Honor’s trip to China.

In addition, mom and the sister were looking after the kids while BB was happily fucking Fred, so we have prima facie evidence of adultery planned well in advance. This behaviour does NOT support the case for rape (except, perhaps, for the first time), and is in fact an indication of a willingness to partake.

Dale’s explanation to Honor that BB was under the influence of drugs is a red herring, in my opinion. The implication is that BB was influenced every time she got together with Fred, but this is not supported by the explanation above. I don’t believe blackmail can be used either, because that would require her silence and if anybody found out then the blackmail becomes redundant. Because Mom, sister and town all knew of her fucking around with Fred then the blackmail must be ruled out.

And she’s clearly not a drug addict, so going back to Fred each time to get a “fix” in addition to some hot sex is not an explanation for drug use, but the hot sex is an explanation for her cheating.

So why did Dale mention drugs? I guess we’ll have to wait for the final episode for TTT to reveal his reasons (but I can think of a good one that would be Fred’s downfall). Can’t wait. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I think that this novella should be made into a movie or a TV mini series

This is a truly compelling tale of lost love, betrayal, and the real life foibles of married couples. I hope that Arnold/Honor can forgive BB but I'm not convinced that the kids are really his. I think that BB Faked the DNA test when it was reaveled that she didn't use the DNA sample that Honor provided with the separation agreement. She could have easily substituted the hair follicles off of Honor's hair brush with that or Fred or Dale' or whoever is the real father. My happy ending for all would be for Honor, BB and Janie to become a polyamorous triad.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 7 years ago
To the fucking idiot who calls itself CALGARYCAMPERS (re: your brain dead comment on 04/01/17)

Not just you but NO one can POSSIBLY be that fucking simple minded and stupid so why don't you READ, FEEL and UNDERSTAND the Goddamned story before you leave moronic comments like the one you posted?

Put yourself in her hardworking HUSBAND'S position and imagine that what she did to Honor's absolute love and trust in her had been done to YOU. Judging you by what you wrote, you have to be the dumbest fuck to ever wear shoes.

The cheating slut he was married to, his mother, his sister, his best 'friend' and his former secretary should be publicly bull-whipped and then nailed to a tree with gutter spikes and crucified.

josephpauljosephpaulabout 7 years ago
not honors fault, all on bb

she was drugged and raped the first time, the next time she took it willingly to have a good time, she destroyed their marriage. she played the victim of lonely wife whos husband is always away. well thats what happens in marriages, someone has to make the money, he was boss she had to raise babies. they could get a maid so she can work as well but she wanted to be at home with the kids. only fault honor has is being too smart around a bunch of idiots. he carried them on his shoulders because they were not good enough to take the reigns. He has proffesional standards, thats what you need in a business to make the millions. all the town were vastly inferior to him. they felt threatened and only liked him because of his help with theirs families. in a way they also took advantage of his kindness, that was who honor was. now hes changed the town discovered first had what would happen if they killed the golden goose. they never expected him to run and abandon everyone. but he did. he had children he had abandoned too. there was never any chance of reconciliation. hes still stuck in his ways. should he forgive? no way. why ?so he can be labled a wimp. his family already disrespect him. the damage is done theres no coming back. let the town burn in ashes. fuck all of them, let them stand on there own feet. being a kid in a broken home aint as bad as it seems. if you find the right person who decides to take on the extra baggage the children just found two new people to love. i dont see bb or honor staying in that town. bb will go back to her parents home town. honor will go back to newf land. they will move on.. and live happily ever after. not together but hapiness will come none the less

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great read. 184 Comments. Impressive

The thing I can't understand is all this talk about "family" or "friends" or even "The Town". Blood relation, friendship or proximity shouldn't excuse any behavior and this event qualifies as inexcusable for certain. I hope this guy is smart enough to have the courts see the children should be living OUTSIDE of this cesspool of a town. I wouldn't prevent "BB" from seeing them, but visitation should be based on the father. Part of being a fit parent is being to keep track of your genitals and this whore fails miserably at that. And I don't believe for a SECOND she hasn't cheated before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well, at least I know what the FD in FD45 stands for - FREAKIN' DIPSHIT!!

FD45, you are as ignorantly pathetic as Honor's so called mom. Anybody who has the ignorant nerve to EVEN speak of any of "BB"'s behavior being somebody else's fault is the same type of delusional idiot that wants their kids raised in a "Village". You know, the place where nobody is singularly responsible for their own actions but collectively we make up for it. Wait, maybe it's FUCKING DUMBASS ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anony 3/29 You, are a hilarious fool

"He is an arrogant self centred, narcissistic asshole, who thinks only of himself. " Self-centered?? You'd know, only someone as narcissistic as yourself could possibly believe that. The guy pays 100% Health Insurance, College educations, No-Interest loans??? Hires all his friends and relatives? That's self centered?? You are the same type of spoiled winey ass putz that would whore themselves out and then blame everyone else. The guy played it smart leaving, nuking the whole damn town would have been irresistible. However, TTT, I'd say comments like that help suspend disbelief that complete morons like Honors wife and mother, do really exist.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 7 years ago
Re SSBum

Slippery Bum? Lube up and go see your boyfriend.

I don't agree with rape! He got control of her and used her while acting as a friend. Honorless will not support her or even help her.

Rape has NO place in society. That was my whole point.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@calgarycampers Re: Rape

Yes, conceding the FIRST time was rape.

But then she's letting her rapist back in her house.

She's not telling her husband.

She's not going to the Police.

She's arranging with her mother-in-law and sister-in-law to babysit while she meets up with her rapist.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 7 years ago
@Sbrooks103x

I agree with your points. I do remember two poinrs in the story, one by his sister and one by BB where everyone is scared of Honor , and felt he could be angry when something goes against his beliefs. I am guessing the fear was he would run away, crippling the town. He did and the town is dying.

Everyone can take some of the blame. Now they need to do something about the sexual predators and then see if lives can be rebuilt with honor for all.

I still really hate rape, rapists and predators (aka pussy hounds).

Let's what TTT comes up with,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Some people just crack me up and not in a funny way.

Question's to ask yourself when you are putting all the blame on BB. Was she drugged at first yes. Did she continue to screw up YES . So what was Arnold's excuse for abandoning His wife for the town people, for abandoning his wife for his business OH yeah that's right he was doing it for them Like BB said that is totally and completely full of bull shit. He was the first cheater and she had to see it every day She had to watch him cheat on her with his business and the towns people every day, day in and day out. No excuse for her doing what she did, and two equally horrible wrongs don't make a right. But give me a freaking break saying BB was the one that started this. BULLSHIT Arnold was. Now let's see if he can make it right and be the man he supposed himself to be instead of proving himself the cheating slut he has has proven himself to be. YES HE is the cheating slut .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"...HE is the cheating slut"

Wow. Nice trolling. Comments for this story are quite good entertainment while still i'm waiting for next chapter.

Pappy7Pappy7about 7 years ago
Like your writing but

just like in many of your longer stories this one seems to suffer from ADOS (attention deficit, Oh, shiny). The farther you go the more way out there you get. People in the town and in the family were all very happy with the way he was as long as they profited from his views on stuff, but everyone of them exhibited a lack of respect for him that was unforgivable. He was not obligated to support the whole town, he just felt that because he could, he should. As for his mother and sister, they were responsible for allowing him to grow up with that out look on life. Then they didn't like it. A little late for that. I would like it if you would get him back to the place where he decided that he needed to look out for himself. One thing he needs to do before moving on is a "chain of custody" DNA test on the children. Evidence leads to the fact that Beth was probably "drugged" a lot over the course of their marriage. Sociopathic people seem to drift towards more of the same, might be why the Mom and them liked her so much better than they did the hand that fed them. Interested to see where this is headed but not so much as I was after chapter 2. Getting kind of "war and peace"ish.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Pappy7 Re: DNA

Yes, I have also called for a new DNA test. Given the quite possible deliberate destruction of his DNA sample, the likelihood of a different father is highly likely.

While his parenthood SHOULDN'T be affected, proof of her earlier cheating and cuckoldry would ease his divorce from BB and escape to Newf.

I want to take this opportunity to once again call BULLSHIT on the drugged/raped excuse, because that doesn't explain her not reporting it, allowing Fred back into the house and arranging BABY SITTING for future encounters!

General_OGeneral_Oabout 7 years ago
Wow

You have received a lot of mixed feed back great story looking forward to next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pencarrow's point (4/01/17) well taken...

Mom and sis tried to talk her out of the affair(s), "but she just wouldn't listen". 'Nuff said. Assuming Beth wasn't under the influence at the time, since mom and sis didn't notice anything, Beth was enjoying the incest sex too much to stop - she probably figured if Honor found out, he would love her too much to walk away.

I hope Honor ends up with Janie, she seems to be his best bet right now. And I hope he finds Fred and beats the whale dung out of him - then kicks him 'till his balls are plum pudding. Then shoots him once or twice before cutting his nose off. Then spit on him. Yeah. A big ole hawker.

hwolfskillhwolfskillabout 7 years ago
Good ending to a long story

Hopefully there will be more but why Beth did it and how Arnold goes forward was good to see!

likeboblikebobabout 7 years ago

So finish this will ya !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Best Character Development on Literotica

This has some of the best character development of any story on the website that I've read. It has a couple pacing issues that are not addressed ("Hey, I've just met you, and I'm your cousin, so here's my number, and call me maybe"). Still, I'm can't wait to see how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story. Please complete it

Complete it please. The characters are well developed. Story well written including lyrics. Reader's should not be left hanging

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Enjoying the Ride

I am enjoying this story so much...5* from me as it takes my mind off everything else for a little while..Can't wait for the end. Honor deserves a good life and to be happy. Thanks for the story.

"Buckeye Fan"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Honor is kind of an asshole.....

Honor needs to take a good, long look in the mirror because he has done so many things wrong before AND after Beth cheated. He neglected his family, he made Beth shoulder all of the household & parenting responsibilitie. He always put Beth & the kids last, behind work, town, extended family, making money, etc.... He must acknowledge his part in all of this....and he took off on his kids for MONTHS!!! Took off to do all of the carefree fun stuff Beth has begged him to take off work & do. I'm sorry but Honor is a real dick in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: Honor is kind of an asshole.....

Yeah. Sure. He should have stayed in town full of traitors then get mad and kill someone. That sure would be more responsible and smart choice of actions.

driv2u2driv2u2about 7 years ago
Tosser

He was a bit of a Tosser in the end ,

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 7 years ago
More please

TTT I hope this is not the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You turned Honor into a whiny little bitch

He needs to man up and grow up. The world isn't a perfect place, populated by perfect people. He needs to talk to people, let them know what he's feeling and then make sure he gets some of the respect he's due. Abandoning people is the coward's way out. And while I like your writing, this story should have been done and completely posted. You knew well in advance of the day when your story was due. This is dragging on WAY too long.

Desertrat10Desertrat10about 7 years ago
Concur with Annoy's "Honor is kind of an asshole....."

Not excusing the wife's behavior but, he hold a major part of the responsibility for it happening. It wasn't like he was deployed away from home for a year or better. He was right there and didn't take any of the steps that could have prevented it to start with. And he still hasn't acknowledged his part of this! He does not intend to fix the company but to build a new one and destroy the old one. Real nice! He refuses to see anything in anyway other then black and white with no feeling for anyone else's feelings, even though his family up north has attempted to pull his head out of his butt. He has also make it obvious that he may have never really loved his wife regardless of the length of their relationship or the children. This made plain by his running away and doing all the things his wife had asked him to do long before her screw up and let's not forget his "best friend" part of that screw up. Honor is acting not like a man of honor but the little kid that doesn't like losing on the field so says, "I am taking my ball and going home".

I don't see happening that will wake him up before it really all goes to hell. There will be no winners at any level if there isn't a huge turnaround of him and how he is acting. Maybe, after it is too late and his kids hate him, he will wake to what he has done and if honest with himself acknowledge, finally, his part in causing it to come about. I have gotten tot he point now where I don't even care if this is even finished because there is no way to do any justice, Real Justice, to/for/with anyone. Sad waste of time.

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories