A Welders Tale Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
twofourthree
twofourthree
1,677 Followers

"What the fuck are you doing?" Stunned I could not even fathom what had just taken place. She was dazed for just a second and then I saw the trail of blood slowly working down her cheek.

"That is nothing, if you really want to see how much I can take just hand me the crow bar over there! Better yet the claw hammer maybe I can break my arm again. I have waited eight years to see my grandchildren, to hear their voices, to watch them play. Eight years you have shut me out to punish me for what you think I did to you. Almost thirty years to have a part of you back in my life, any part of you and I am not going to lose that now. You said you forgave me but would never forget, it does not make me happy but it is a start. I hoped, no I prayed that you coming here would let you see who I really am, but you came here to punish me some more. Well this time I am not going to be the punching bag. So David Nichol's you have a choice to make right now and I mean right now. I can go down stairs and call the sheriff and show them what you just did to me and have you thrown in jail for battery. You will of course deny it and I will be the one with the cracked skull and the fake tears. You will go to jail for a few years and I will have your kids, as I said grandparents do have rights."

"You would do that you conniving b..."

"Careful now David, don't want to upset the crazy bitch. As I was saying, or you could kill me right now and dump me in the ocean, I am positive you could make sure I never surface again." Robin looked at me with a knowing smile. "OR you could move in with me get your feet back on the ground. Allow me to enjoy what little time with the children I can before you move out, and maybe, just maybe we can learn to forgive the past and start living for the future. Think about it because when I walk down the stairs those kids do not leave this house unless it is over my dead body!"

"The blood was dripping on her blouse she was still holding the board. I cannot describe the look in her eyes, I am not sure I want to.

"You're hurt!" Looking at her, it was all I could think about.

"People like us have been hurt so much we do not feel pain, we only feel hatred. This will heal, it always does. What you and I need is a healing of the heart." Robin gently lay the board down and looked at me once again. "I am tired David, I am too old to go through with this anymore, I am not strong like you, I never have been. Please think about it, because if you must leave, go tomorrow before... the children..."

Robin turned and rushed down the stairs and closed the door. I was overwhelmed with emotions, she was wrong I was not that strong, as much as I hated her, what she said affected me. I sat on the bed for awhile before turning out the light. As I lay there I thought about what she said, how she hit herself, un-fucking believable. The way Robin threatened me and then gave me an out. I thought back to her mother and father and how they raised me. How I got Kim pregnant, joined the navy, had another kid, Kim leaving me.

My whole life ran through my mind the good and the bad. What did I really know about Robin? I knew she had me when she was only seventeen. I knew she and my father left me with her parents, never to return. I knew he was dead, I had never met him, ever. I knew Robin married the banker but he left her, or she left him. I knew Aunt Rachel for years had been trying to get me back in touch with my birth mother. Rachel was always telling me how I needed to give her another chance.

I knew I was here in her house hoping to transition into civilian life. I needed a nanny, Robin wanted to get to know her grandchildren. I knew she was a school teacher she knew I was a welder, underwater certified, instructor certified, and the highest security clearance with the navy. I knew she had an old house that needed some work, she agreed that I could do said work for staying here. I now knew we were staying, I just did not know why?

The sun was up high in the horizon meaning I was not up at my normal hour. Chad was on one side of me and Blair was on the other as I lay in the king size bed. Chad the spitting image of me at that age, blond hair blue eyed skinny as a rail boy. Blair on the other hand had her mother's features, dark brown hair, big brown eyes, and an infectious smile. That and a secret only I knew, one I promised myself I would never tell anyone, not even her. I must have been out cold as I never heard them come up or felt them cuddle up to me. I lay still for some time briefly remembering the night before. Oh what an ass I was, damn it David really? I heard feet progressing up the stairs knowing there was only one person left, it was Robin. I closed my eyes faking sleep hoping she would go back down. After five minutes or so I opened to see if she had left as I did not hear her but she was standing on the last step just watching the kids and me.

"I thought I might find them here." Robin smiled as she looked on.

"Sorry, probably still a little unaccustomed to the new surroundings." I tried to explain hoping not to offend her.

"Well this is an old house, does make some pretty scary noises at night!" Robin laughed. "I can remember my first few nights I slept with the lights on! Anyways breakfast is ready when you are."

"We will be right down. Thank you Robin." She smiled again and then returned down the stairs.

I had a job down at the dry docks on the other side of town. They wanted me right away but I put them off until school started in the fall. I needed a rest and the thought of leaving the kids with Robin all day every day would not be fair to Robin. Besides I was technically still in the Navy for at least 8 more weeks, and do not need the money.

The second day went much better than the first, we were both on pins and needles but I held my tongue and she continued to charm us all with her infectious smile. I'll say it again she is very pretty.

After a few days I took stock of where the project was abandoned on the second floor. Robin explained there were supplies stacked up in the large shop out back. The house was owned by the general contractor for the subdivisions. He had big plans for the home but after lawsuits from some of the new home owners he went under. Robin's ex husband Darrin Master's had his eye on the home when he worked for the bank. They purchased it hoping to flip it for a profit. Robin always wanted to live there so Darrin decided to give it to her as part of the divorce. From what Rachel has told me he got off easy suggesting Robin could have gotten much more.

Robin gave me the key to the door so I walked the short distance to the building next door. It was an old basement to a large barn that was no longer standing. The walls were made of rocks, the earth still in place that was the ramp to the long departed first floor. Someone had spent big money to reinforce the walls and replace the barn above with steel trusses and a new concrete floor. The ceiling was about twelve feet with new electrical and plumbing throughout. Saving the old walls probably allowed the contractor to pull a remodel permit instead of new construction. The size of the building once again led me to believe this was a wealthy farmer at one time, it must be 120 feet by 60 feet or so.

Better yet it was filled with equipment and supplies for the house. As I inventoried the materials I could see the grand plan he had for the house. Solid oak and maple was stacked chest high. It looked like he had it all milled to match the original trim in the house. Insulation, drywall, electrical, plumbing supplies all setting as if they had been dropped off yesterday. Then there were the saws, nailers, cordless tools and a compressor all used but neatly organized on shelves. This was someone's dream shop all left behind. I walked back to tell Robin the good news.

That night Robin and the kids sat around the big dining room table as I started drawing some plans for the second story. The construction started looked like three bedrooms with a main bath. Robin suggested two large bedrooms each with their own bathroom. We talked about the options but the vote was three to one. The second phase was to move some walls downstairs turning three bedrooms into two with new closets. The last phase was to take down some walls to provide a more open concept between the kitchen and living room. Being out numbered we all agreed on the plan, their plan.

Blair and Chad had moved around several times in their young lives and had many ideas for what they wanted, Robin happily supported most which made them squeal with delight. I held my tongue not wanting to disappoint them by reminding them we were only here for a short time.

Chad and I made a list and headed to the local lumberyard for a few supplies I did need. I stopped by the architect Robin had consulted and gave him the changes we drew out. He pulled the original blueprints and after some minor changes to account for load points we agreed on a final design. The heavy work would be done by contractors and I would do all of the finish work.

The kids and I had been here two weeks when they started construction, at first we had hoped to live in the house but after the first day it was clear that was not an option.

I had look into motels and then maybe an apartment but it was Rachel that came to the rescue. Robin and the kids would go stay with her while I remained behind to work and watch over the house. I was not happy but it did make sense, besides a construction zone is no place for kids to be. I waved as they left one evening walking back into the house with a heavy heart. Robin was right the old house did make some scary noises, it was all I could do not to turn on the lights.

The past few weeks had flown by but I had learned so much about Robin. She was everything Rachel had said and more. We were constantly keeping an eye on each other. Every little glance or even a smile she gave me had meaning. I was mesmerized at times by the calmness and patience she showed. As a women she had a softness about her that was opposite the confidence she maintained. I held onto my hatred with a soften heart, but I still held on. We had closed off one end of the second floor where I could sleep and moved as much of the furniture into the large shop and the attached garage.

Day one was hectic but the crew really pulled together. Demolition was started and bracing installed. Robin stopped by with lunch for me and to check on the progress. By the end of the week most of the heavy work had been done and it was starting to take shape. Robin stopped by each day with lunch and most days brought the kids. I found myself looking forward to her arrival, and I noticed I was not alone. I was upstairs working when I looked out and saw Robin getting out of her car. Robin was wearing some form fitting blue jean shorts, a button down short sleeve shirt and some running shoes.

Robin is not what you would call beautiful but she is cute. Long legs support a nice ass, a slender frame and small breasts. What draws you in is her eyes, a bright green highlighting a smile that turns men into boys. At just over forty Robin is not the type of woman you would do a double take on first glance but she is truly easy on the eyes. From the conversation I heard walking down the stairs there were many eyes on her again.

I am not sure anyone in town knew she was my mother, I had told no one, not even the kids, not yet. Who knew from her end I did not know but I guessed only Rachel. As soon as I walked down the stairs the chatter stopped, everyone looked my way wondering if I heard the conversation. Obviously they thought we were a couple, I laughed at the absurdity of it, saying nothing I went out and sat with Robin for lunch. Robin had dropped the kids off around the corner with a family she knew from school. They had four children of similar ages and a mother that stayed home to watch them. Robin pointed to a house in the subdivision on the horizon, I looked and saw several children in the yard one of them was Chad.

"David if you have some time I thought I would go in town and pick up some paint samples so I can start coordinating some accessories. I would appreciate if you came along." I rolled my eyes but agreed to go with her, somehow feeling it was important to her if I did. We went into town and did some shopping, everywhere we went they knew Robin. Having been a teacher for years in the small community she had touched many lives. Two things I noticed right away was everyone knew her and has something nice to say, the other was they wanted to know who I was.

Robin introduced me as David not once mentioning our connection. I was happy about that but knew it would only fuel the gossip mill in a small town like this. A military base is much the same. Somewhere along the way, it must have been as we headed home I noticed she had unhooked two buttons on her blouse. I noticed but more importantly she noticed I had done so. When she exited the car I thought it odd that they were again buttoned up.

With the first week of construction over Robin brought the kids to the house with her Saturday to help clean up. With no workmen around she felt it would be safe enough and would be a good way to get them involved. Surprisingly for six and seven they did help, at least when they were not playing. There was still only one usable bedroom as the downstairs looked like a war zone. The bathroom was still intact so we all took a shower before we left for the restaurant for dinner.

It was the first time the four of us had been together in public, I was a bit nervous. We went to the local Pizza shop a treat I allow the kids only occasionally. Since Robin does not allow any alcohol in the house, an agreement before we came, I ordered a beer. I was a bit surprised when she ordered some wine. Maybe I was paranoid but it seemed all eyes were on us throughout the night. Again I was introduced only as David and the children by name. Chad and Blair still called her Miss Robin.

"It seems we have made quite the top of the gossip list these days. Word has it I am some kind of cougar after a young family man." Robin laughed at the insinuation. "If they only knew?"

She looked at me and saw the panic in my face at the thought of our undisclosed relationship being made public.

"Don't worry your secret is safe with me, I promise not to breath a word of it. But if you want them to keep their attention on the shiny ball you better play the part." With that she reached out and grabbed my hand as we exited the building.

Her hand was warm and soft as it filled mine. I was conflicted but at the same time delighted. The quickness of it took me by surprise, the emotions when I realized the implications overwhelmed me. I was twenty six years old and for the first time I could remember we actually had more than just brief contact.

Something as insignificant as placing her hand in mine brought back memories of my childhood. All those nights I cried to have her near me, to have her hold me, to tell me I was loved. Fortunately I did not flinch instead I gently gripped her hand in kind, holding it as if I were three. My hatred was not gone but I pushed back in the dark corner allowing me to enjoy this one small pleasure. We left the building and headed to the parking lot holding hands! It did not go unnoticed by Blair as she grabbed Chad's hand and led us to the car.

We had been here almost a month and already I was starting to change my mind about this woman. As much as wanted to dislike her, to blame her for all of unhappy things in my childhood, I was finding it harder each day. The difficulty was that she made it so hard. Robin was not going out of her way to win me over, nothing was contrived or blatant. If anything just the opposite, after my tongue lashing the first night she seemed to care less about my feelings for her. I could see how the kids were so enamored by her, it was if they had known all along she was related. Most people who did not know her thought the kids were hers, an easy mistake because of her youthful looks. Those that knew Robin guessed they were niece and nephew, to my knowledge she never corrected them.

Robin and I agreed the bedrooms upstairs should be the first priority, that way the kids could get settled in by the start of school. Progress was moving along nicely but it was clear I could not accomplish all that was needed by September. Robin and I discussed it and she agreed, we discussed what could be accomplished by professionals and what we could do ourselves. Several days later new crews arrived to install the insulation, the drywall, and the hard wood floors. The electricians and furnace contractors finished their projects, I wrapped up the plumbing. With a month to go we were down to paint, trim and final touches. Rachel had visited several times in the last few weeks checking on progress but I think more to see how we were getting along. She and I did not have a chance to talk alone much but she let me know how happy she was with the ways things were turning out.

In late June I needed to go back to the base I last worked at to sign my final discharge papers. I stopped just outside the base and grabbed a motel room. Calling up an old acquaintance I invited her out for dinner. Star was just that, at twenty five and built to the max, she was remarkable to look at. Dinner consisted of a greasy burger and a six pack of cold beer in the room. She had her clothes off and her big tits mashed into me before I opened the second beer. Star helped me with my clothes stopping briefly to welcome my proud soldier back. Her lips formed around him making sure he was wet but warm. I finished undressing as she sat on the edge of the bed waiting for his return. Reaching out she pulled me close gently stroking my alter ego.

"Have you missed me baby?" Star purred as she licked him once again.

"You know I have. In fact he misses you so much he might just give you an early present." Moaning as she went down on me one more time.

"That's ok big boy bring it on then we can get down to some serious happiness." She replied. Talking came to an immediate end as it was all I could do was try to hold myself up as Starr brought me off. When I warned her of the impending she pulled off of me and aimed my spunk at her massive tits. The amount was humongous covering her ample bosom.

"Looks like the soldier has neglected to keep his pipes cleaned." Star smile as she headed to the bathroom.

"You could say he has been on a clandestine mission in hostile territory!" I laughed.

Star came back and lay on the bed presenting her sex to me, I love to eat pussy but something about Star's pussy was a turn off for me. Still I dove in like trouper and brought her off after a prolonged battle.

With the troupes back to full strength we went in for the kill sending the lone volunteer into the dark cavern for battle. It was a good fight but it ended with no clear winner as we discharged arms long after the other side surrendered to our frontal assault. We lay there for some time before Star went into the bathroom to clean up. Getting dressed when she came back out I was surprised, hoping she would spend the night.

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah, I got plans for the night, I could stop in tomorrow and see you off." Star smiled at me.

"Sure that would be nice. Say two o'clock here?" I replied.

"You have a date! Say you wouldn't have any cab fare would you?" Star seemed nervous as she asked.

"No problem, happy to help." I went to my wallet and took out a couple of c notes and handed it to her. She looked at the bills and stuffed it down her blouse.

"Tomorrow at two, it is!"

I have known Star for several years, we have dated in the past but I was not ready to settle down until I had a better handle on what the future held. I was hoping she would consider visiting me and the kids.

twofourthree
twofourthree
1,677 Followers
123456...8