All Comments on 'Abandoned Rage'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 664 Comments (Page 6)
simpletxboysimpletxboy8 months ago

Second time reading this phenomenal story, and yet it still invokes such a range of emotions. There are some great writers with some amazing stories on this forum. But for me, this story has to rank in the top 3 best ones. A really superb job!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think this is the fifth time I've read this now. It's still as great as it was the first time. Still makes me laugh and cry and be angry in l the relevant places. A classic. Truly a stunning example of the art of writing. Thank you. BardnotBard

lerenardruselerenardruse8 months ago

I have just read this again. Note to author: I really hope when it comes to my time to leave this world, it ends like in this story. I wish the same for you.

MasterJerryGMasterJerryG8 months ago

My Only bitch after reading this for the third time over 4 years is. You don't write enough stories! Ha loved it.

Dolphin8644Dolphin86447 months ago

I really love this story. Thank you!

avp92117avp921177 months ago

Wow, that's two (of two) of your stories that just blew me away. A new Favorite Author!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I just came across this and you hooked me right from the start. The way you some characters being utterly reprehensible in the real world but in their own screwed up heads, they thought they were great people who understood love more than anyone. I got such a kick out of the way Mark and Lina fell apart and even more when Troy get busted and Jillian did t have the mental ability to understand this had nothing to do with Greg (I can call him Greg cuz we are close friends) and yet she thought he would take her back or take her in or something. You did destroy me emotionally when Becca died. You made it the most loving, caring death that I have ever read and it made me cry multiple times. I know I will be coming back to read this many more times as it has become one of my favorites and will help me in the future depending upon my mood. Thank you for building this incredibly beautiful revenge/love story, it is hugely appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was hard reading of Becca’s death because my wife of over 60 years was recently given only a few years to live. Now ever since I filled out a worksheet from an insurance company calculating my expected longevity I figured that I had 5 more years to live. She’s not expected to live that long.

Now I’ve been clinically depressed for a few years & this didn’t help much.

I’ve often said “Life’s a bitch & then you die.” But the actual reality is harsh.

Bill S.

Finn80561Finn805617 months ago

Quite possibly the finest story I have read in a very long time. Thank you for writing this.

CindyTVCindyTV7 months ago

Wow, great story...I loved it1 5 Stars. - CindyTV

rickylaw01rickylaw017 months ago

Enjoyed your writing. Thank you

tizwickytizwicky7 months ago

Another 5 star effort, great story.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Another reread. Still consider it one of Literotica’s best.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story but far too long

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Easily three tissues. Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A very great story. Well done and looking forward to read more of your work.

Quaker0186Quaker01867 months ago

Brilliant story and one I have reread multiple times. Fantastic work by the author and I cannot wait for new material. Keep up the excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thankyou. Your writing and composition is much appreciated.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

Their marriage was a fraud, with the right judge he might get to keep everything.

\

Mark and Lina are worse than Jillian! They KNEW that Gregory would be just a placeholder, and still went out of their way to set him up with Jillian.

\

"We honestly thought Jillian and you would be happy forever." - I call bullshit on that one.

\

"our entire class is divided" - They are? They didn't seem divided Friday night, but maybe only the ones on Jillian's side were there?

\

"He told me in no uncertain terms that if I said anything to you, I would regret it." - Why would he regret it?

\

"Greg, that's no way to talk to me. I mean I am still your wife." - Let's see, her being his wife doesn't stop her from cheating on him, but it's supposed to control how he speaks to her?

\

In what world does she expect MORE than a 50-50 split, and ANY part of the business that's protected by the pre-nup?

\

"Where is the man I love?" - Isn't Troy down by the car?

\

"What about your previous relationships, previous loves?" - They're previous, i.e. in the past.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I really enjoyed this story. Best I’ve ever read.

KeyLargofanKeyLargofan7 months ago

What are the best stories I’ve read in a while,thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

When you're so focused on making your awful protagonist get revenge that you forget about the story...

That man is angry that he wasn't told about his wifes affair so as revenge he tells a friend about her husbands trips to a brothel. So what's the difference between them?

alan_deealan_dee6 months ago

Great story, but I want to mention that unless buddy got receipts for his coke and hookers and then tried to claim them on his taxes that there is no way in hell that they would have been able to tell what he spent the money on. An audit would not be able to figure out a woman and child in another country were also receiving money. Since it was such an important factor in how he was painted as a terrible person that could have been handled better.

I'm not afraid to mention thar Rebecca's passing got my eyes a little misty though.

hardworker5556hardworker55566 months ago

absolutely loved it! Please keep writing

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19816 months ago

As I said before it was a good story he was a better man than me or anyone else I know if my wife was to do that shit to me I'll be going to prison for killing them both and also and this is the only downside to the story you had to go off and end it with her dying and then him dying I get it but damn man why with the sad ending

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Any shit head getting drunk and tearing up his house loses my empathy and my reading further. Wimpy!! Quit feeling sorry for yourself plan and execute then have a celebration

C_frommnC_frommn6 months ago

Really good story, Liked the way everybody got what they deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I give very, very, few fives as ratings. This story touched me deeply.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow, what a story, so well written, lots of love, draws emotion out of the reader and so much more. Thanks for sharing John...!

jbaby1500jbaby15006 months ago

I’m not crier but I actually shed a tear or two at the ending.Loved the story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Mate, that ending was absolutely beautiful. Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I really liked and enjoyed it. This is one of my favorite stories, and is in my personal favorites on my computer. This is one of those stories that could be broken in half, meaning "life with Jillian", and "life after Jillian", as that's the way it works out. After Jillian, his life becomes full and rich with the loving Rebecca, including kids and grand kids. Her being taken by cancer is the toughest read in the entire story, as most everyone I know believes that cancer sucks. And her going so young (about 60) made it even more heart breaking, especially since he lived for another 10 years or so.

But you're right, the original story left a bad taste in my mouth when I first read it. I've also read a similar story to it, that wasn't much better. But this story is so much better than both of the other stories I read. I gave this one 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This wasn't my 1st time reading this. Easy to get through the 1st 6 pages, but the 7th one, the one with Rebecca dying... My Sweet Lord, it took me 2-3 days getting through it. I'd read a couple of lines and damn, my allergies!! Reminded me too much of my wife dying, except she died much to early (in her 50s). I said it once & I'll say it again, this's one of the finest stories I've read by anybody on this site.

I rated this easily 5stars, but for this story, it's not nearly enough. Again, thank you for this. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A powerful five star story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow! Your stories seem to come from the heart and really grab the reader emotionally. Love it. 5+

Hotstuff1PHotstuff1P6 months ago

A story of love ❤️ 😍 like no other.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story with a perfect ending

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Everytime I read this story it leaves me feeling better about life after such a bitter divorce. A great read. Thanks bunches.

arnowolarnowol6 months ago

...and no, there is no sex in heaven! ;)

silverthorne16silverthorne166 months ago

Another fine Other story. Damn you though....my eyes were a bit watery with the epilogue!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

One of the best stories I have read on here.great job.and yep.tears also.

TommywinklesTommywinkles6 months ago

Brilliant!! This story brought out so many emotions in me. I Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Finally, a story of true life and death but a heart warming passing of life. It surely made me cry some tears to see a life after life so to speak. This story will stay with me for many more years with the hope that my wife and I will someday hopefully have a chance to be with each other two lifetimes instead of just one. Your portrayal of becca and greg is hearwarming and provides a hopefullness that all of us will end the same way and extremely warmed by the life support of a true relationship and lifes ups and downs.

all of us will end some day but this gives hope that our first end will not be our last and provides tears and a smile of what is next to come.

thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I just hate stories in which one of the lovers is killed off.

RudyJeRudyJe5 months ago

Thanks for this beautiful story! And for the payback!

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

One of the scariest parts of getting older is the fear of being alone. I won’t have someone waiting for me, it chills me

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like your stories, this one is far from your best, but definitely not your worst.

It's main problem lies in the childish nature of Jillian. She's meant to be his best friend, he's meant to be intelligent, but she comes across as stupid, not just naive but full on simple minded ... what sort of person marries a simpleton?

Her actions and expectations of the consequences really don't match up.

It's almost as if she's been heavily sedated to the extent that her higher cognitive abilities have ceased to function.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Apparently you don't read the Bible.

ForsakenGray1928ForsakenGray19285 months ago

Beautiful story. I am laying here with my second wife, my true love. I have 3 daughters. 3 granddsughters and 1 grandson. Life is calm.

Thank you.

other2other1other2other15 months agoAuthor

It is great that so many of you are still enjoying this story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’m a bit of a fan of classic Aussie rock…not the obvious, more like Easy Beats and Angel City. I kept hearing “I never existed, you’ve been wasting your time. Take a long line…”

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Based on the original story you took from, this is a GREAT improvement. Albeit, I do agree that Jillian was portrayed to be a shallow, thoughtless, person, I will say the rest of the story was top notch! I gave it 5 stars.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicago5 months ago

I guess I kinda forgot how amazing this story was. Only reason I know I read it before is that apparently I rated it. Even a second time around, it's still worth the 5-stars I gave it. Wish I could rate it again. Awesome work, Mr Other.

-JMFC

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

I thank you for writing this emotional and uplifting tale. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks John for a great story.

Dennis26Dennis265 months ago

One of the best I have had the pleasure of reading.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

great story but you need a better proof reader. when you have a misspell word it detracts from the story trying to figure out what you really meant.

when you levee out a word it changes the whole sentence.

Lee 40 mile East of Okeechobee.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good storyline to keep the reader interested and the characterisation is good.

Rocky62Rocky625 months ago

Good tale of woe that got waay better. Rebeccas ideas of capturing her mans devotion are right on!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow, that was really a true live story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The smashing of the house indicates that the MC has an IQ of 75

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

I don't know why but every time I've read this story I start thinking of the song, "Lady in Red." Weird! I love reading your stories and wish I could vote on it again. Still is a 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STASR story. Thanks again.

ashleybelle6969ashleybelle69695 months ago

Beautiful, thank you for the cry!!

oldguy1oldguy15 months ago

came back to this for a reread and loved it more second time around. the passing away scenes were particularly heart rending but somehow very touching and poignant. thanks for the story

CharetteCharette5 months ago

Anonymous9 days ago

The destruction of the house shows that the MC has an IQ of 75.

this posting SHOWS that the author

A: Must be a woman

B: Never felt real raw anger and pain that needed to be let out

But

PS: I don't wish it on anyone either .

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Iv read a lot of stories on here, this is the best one!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My new favorite story. Will remember this one for a long time. Nice work. Sadly I can only give you a "5" for this as you set the bar☺

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Grammar, spelling, malaprops, spelling and especially phrasing are all wanting.

Opinionated1Opinionated15 months ago

each time I read this lovely story it gets better!

other2other1other2other14 months agoAuthor

Thank you for the continued comments. I am still enjoying writing and hope to have a couple of stories completed over the next few months.

Just a note to those who want to have a go at my spelling and grammar, if you would like to help edit and prep stories, please join the editing crew. We authors do like editors who want to help us make our stories better, not just call out the mistakes. ;)

I truly loved writing this story, I loved how I saw each scene in my mind, in particular, the scene where Greg and Becca meet and then how it is repeated with her passing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Damm it, I told myself I wasn't going to cry this time...

Fuck it, Becca's death got me again. Fourth time reading this and every dam time I shed tears.

You should publish something professional my friend. I know I would buy it if you can write like this and your other stories.

btw - I read Parenthood over Christmas. Powerful story.

Kudos bud.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Outstanding story!

Well written and easy to follow!

Wish I could give it as ton more stars

You need to add to the beginning of the story the reader needs to have a box of tissues at the ready!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Aside from a couple of editing issues, one of the finest stories on this site. Don't stop my friend, please keep writing!

razzJ7razzJ74 months ago

Out of the whole Universe there are only a few couples that truly enjoy the love and devotion to the golden years. But from someone that has the privilege of being married to a precious soul mate for 44 years this truly hit home, the love we share is a mirror of this story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow! Author notes is exactly what happened to me. Not sure if I should congratulate you or berate you for pulling that much emotion out of me.

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

This is one of the stories I revisit occasionally when I want a good feeling. Several of your stories do that for me, so, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have said it before but will say it again, this writer understands people and their relationships in all their flaws and imperfections. Five stars shining.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Please tell us the name of the insurance company that pays out for damage intentionally inflicted on a policy holders property. I really need to update my house and appliances. The sugar content of this story is enough to clog a thousand arteries.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. Loved the ending. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fifth time reading this. It really is a story that has everything.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Would have liked to see Greg slamming Jillian with everything he did for her after Troy abandoned her the first time. How he stood by her, propped her up, took care of her... just hammer blow after hammer blow of how much he cared for her and this is how she repays him.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent Story,,, a Great, What goes around,,, Comes Around,, Story

Steverino143Steverino1434 months ago

Great ending. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Five star plus. The ending with Rebecca's passing was painful, beautiful and deeply moving.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Colleen is an interfering old bitch like majority of secretaries. Good riddance to the cheaters and their friends

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Man that hurt my heart with Rebecca dying like that … I had to stop reading and just sit in my chair and have a good cry.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Tear-jerker with swords and diamonds. Thank you.

Thor2530Thor25304 months ago

Another great story. *****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I also tear up at Rebecca's passing, but they lived a good long, loving life Together.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The whole public humiliation thing felt really over the top to me, especially friends determined to zealously support it. It just felt utterly overdone, forced and unrealistic. It would've been a good story without it. You probably overdid it with Jillian's regret too, but I understand you wanted to make a point there. That said, Rebecca's last kiss alone was worth the read. I feel it was probably a better place to end the story than where it ended at.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Utterly fantastic story and extremely well written with passion and realism. Thank you so much for the time & effort put into this.

ForsakenGray1928ForsakenGray19283 months ago

I know of nothing else to say but, Thank You.

EROSSIREROSSIR3 months ago

Top notch story telling. Bravo

RustyReaderRustyReader3 months ago

Brilliant. Probably the best story in the category. You brought forrh ao many emotions real to the reader, heartfelt emotions, empathy, fear, anger, heartbreak amd utter saddnees of loss then resolute. joy. Oh yes, several tears. You qeite qith peesonal revealation I belive. Thank you for your gift of story.

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

As I have mentioned previously in other stories, the highest compliment I can give to an author is re-reading of their submissions.

This was a beautiful story that still curries my emotions.

With gratitude.

robbo069robbo0693 months ago

One of the best I have read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...