Adam and Steve Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes," Adam responded.

"On one term," Marie said.

"And that is?"

"I hold this contract after it's signed." Both Frank and Steve went to protest, but Marie stopped them. "No, if there is going to be a prenup, I want to hold the contract. No other copies will be made once it's signed."

Frank looked at his wife, she sometimes can be a money-driven bitch, but she is also very compassionate. He will need to talk to her once Adam and Steve leave to discover what she's up to.

Adam thought about it for a minute, thinking it would be in their best interests to have the prenup. So, he didn't care at this point which held it as long as he got Steve to sign it. "Yes, that is fine, Marie, as long as it is with Steve."

Steve looked at Frank, and Frank gave a slight nod, "Yes, I will sign, and mom can hold it." The look between Frank and Steve didn't go unnoticed by Marie.

Once Adam and Steve left for the day, Marie looked at her husband with the prenup in her hands. "This is the only copy if it's destroyed and one of the parties really didn't want to sign it. Did it really exist?"

Frank smiled, "Since this is the only copy and no other evidence of it, we are the only witnesses that knew it was signed. Are you willing to testify that it existed?" Marie shook her head. "Then no, it didn't."

"Follow me." Marie walked into Frank's office and made sure the maid had emptied the shredder. She turned it on and fed the prenup into it. Little confetti pieces fell into the bin. When the pages finished, she took the can, went over to Frank's desk, took an envelope out, and brushed the confetti pieces into the envelope.

"What are you going to do with it now?" Frank asked.

"Well, I know Adam and Steve won't open their wedding gifts before leaving for Europe. This will be waiting for them when they come back." Marie smiled, and Frank kissed her.

***

"Coach, are you okay with me being your best man?" Jeff asked.

Adam laughed, "I didn't think Matt would want to dance with Teddy, and it's a little late asking that now." Adam stated.

"Yeah, I guess it would be." Jeff chuckled. "I'll see you up at the arbor."

Jeff walked out of the house to the front, where Teddy stood next to the arbor. Adam waited for Steve to appear from where he was still getting ready, he assumed. Adam turned around when he heard Steve clear his throat.

"Well, hello there," Adam said with a smile. "Fancy meeting you here. Is it Mr. Ames?"

Steve chuckled and walked up to Adam and kissed him. "Hi, you look handsome."

"And so do you, Mr. Ames." Adam smiled.

"Well, shall we?"

"Let's get this over with so I can have all your money." Adam laughed, and so did Steve. "I love you."

"I love you too, Adam, and yeah, let's get this over with. I know how much you hate to wear the tux."

The actual wedding was short. The reception was the more extended portion of the night. The Ames' knew how to throw a party. Once the guests were escorted towards the tents, crews quickly cleaned up the chairs from the wedding.

But one thing that was sadly not mentioned to Marie Ames was not inviting Daniel and Carol Cort to the wedding. But their RSVP was returned stating they would both be attending. When Frank and Marie were greeting all the guests as they arrived. Since Adam and Steve could not, they were still getting pictures taken. Frank was a little shocked to see the Corts.

"Hello Frank, I was surprised to see that your son is settling down. My wife didn't keep the invitation, just wrote down the date." Frank looked at Carol, and she smiled. He knew she knew precisely who Steve married. "Well, I guess we will find some seats."

"Please do, but do you mind if I speak to Carol first?" Frank asked, and Daniel shook his head and headed straight for the bar. "Would you like to speak with Adam? Or did you come here to make a scene?"

Marie looked at Frank, then at Carol, and it dawned on her what she just did. "Adam's your son?"

"Yes, Marie, he is. If I can have a word with Adam, I would love that. Dan will not make a scene. You know he won't. He may just get up and walk out."

Frank nodded, "Marie will come and get you when I talk to Adam and Steve. I will go now. Marie, please come with me." Marie nodded her head, and they walked in the direction of where Adam and Steve were taking photos.

When Steve saw his father walking up, he could tell he needed to talk. "Are we done here?" Steve asked the photographer, and she nodded, telling him that she would see them inside the tent. "Dad, need something?"

"Well, Adam, there was a miscommunication on my part to my wife. I failed to mention leaving your parents off the wedding list."

"Excuse me?" Adam said in shock. He couldn't have heard that right. "Did you say my parents are here? Didn't they read the names of those who were getting married?"

"Well, your mother did but didn't tell your father. She would like to talk to you." Frank responded.

Steve was looking at Adam. "Adam, are you okay? You're looking a little pale. Hon, why don't you sit down." Steve stood in front of Adam. "Adam, talk to me."

"I'm just trying to calm my heart. It wants to beat right out of my chest. Too much at once, I was not expecting my parents on my wedding day."

"If you don't want to see them, you don't have to. There are over three hundred people in those tents. You will never see them." Frank stated a fact or almost one.

Adam took a couple of deep breaths. "Bring her out here. As soon as we walk in there, he will know who Steve married. Frank, you forgot. There's a DJ that will announce us."

Frank told Marie to retrieve Carol. He waved over a worker and asked for a few chairs to be brought over. "Don't worry, once Marie comes back with your mother, we will leave."

"Steve, would you please stay," Adam asked.

"Of course." Steve held his hand as Adam continued to take deep breaths. Then he saw Marie heading their way with his mother.

Frank looked at everyone and nodded, and he and Marie walked back to the reception, leaving the three of them alone. Carol looked up at her son, "Wow, you turned into a handsome man."

"Would you like to have a seat?" Adam asked.

"Put everyone more on an even playing field." Carol smiled. "Sure, ah, that's better. You're not towering over me anymore."

Adam even chuckled at that one. "How are you? You could have thrown out the invitation when you received it, but you didn't. I'm not the one that sent it."

"I'm good. I know you weren't, and yes, if your father would have opened it. It would have been thrown out, and I would have never seen it. He's an ass through and through, but I still love him." Carol knew she would never get to have a relationship with Adam, but she would love to see him, talk to him, if he would let her.

"So, what did you want, mother?" Adam finally asked her.

"Honestly?" Carol asked, and Adam nodded. "I don't know, to see you, know that you are happy. I only knew where you worked because your father was mad, he couldn't attend football games anymore. But to be honest, I think, shit, I know he does. He thinks I'm an idiot. I clean out his pockets, I find the ticket stubs. He gets to see you even if he says he doesn't want to, and I don't, and I want to."

"You realize it's been fourteen years?" Adam asked.

"Yes, Adam. I'm not asking you to forgive me, but will you talk to me, maybe? Think about it, please." Carol asked.

"I'm sure Marie knows how to get a hold of you?" Adam asked.

"Yes," Carol responded.

"We should get back to the reception," Adam stated.

"Adam, may I hug both you and your husband, Steve?"

Adam looked over at Steve, and he gave a slight nod, and Adam smiled at his mother, "Yes." He stood as did Carol, and they embraced.

"I'm sorry for everything. I love you for all it's worth, Adam." Carol and he separated, and then she hugged Steve. "Please take care of him."

"I will," Steve stated as she turned and walked back to the tent. "Are you going to be, okay?"

"Yeah, let's get this night over with so you can take me on that extended honeymoon." Adam pulled Steve in for a kiss, and they walked to the tent and were stopped so they could be officially announced.

"Can I have your attention, please? Quiet, please." The DJ stated. "Can everyone please sit down? We need those spotlights." There was a bit of laughter. "Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know, this afternoon, Steven Franklin Ames and Adam Daniel Cort married. I'm pleased to announce our new couple, Adam and Steve Ames." There was applause all around, except one person who looked at his wife, and she could feel his piercing eyes.