An Irresistible Temptation Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On occasion there was dramatic scenery, but often the countryside was much the same for many miles. Normally I would have said it would be boring to do such a long drive but it wasn't with Nicole and Jenny. Nicole and I still were learning about each other's histories, however we were soon to learn many intimate stories about Jenny. She was at least discreet and gave pseudonyms for other people.

Once again I was astonished with how similar the girls were. When Nicole mentioned her desire to write romantic novels, Jenny could not be stopped. The girls kept sharing ideas and plots with particular emphasis on dramatic break ups and romantic reconciliations. After listening to their stories for a couple of days, I asked what was so romantic about the Regency period in England. They just laughed at my ignorance but never really answered my question. However they did explain to me the significance of Mr. Darcy. I decided then it was necessary that Nicole recommend some romance novels for my edification.

Jenny handled the hotel check in and used her own credit card. I think she registered me as her husband and Nicole as her sister. Anyway, checking in either raised an eyebrow or produced a broad grin on the receptionist. We only required one room as they either had two queens or a king size bed. When we had the two queens, Jenny still ended up in our bed.

I did have sex every night but it wasn't a sex fest. Some nights I had sex with both girls in turn. Other nights Nicole had sex with Jenny and then me. I must admit it felt special when after climaxing we all cuddled up together.

The gas and food was paid with Nicole's credit card. I was sure that Frank would pick up on this and realize what we were up to. In fact he noted that we were on the move in his email at the end of Thursday, our second day of driving.

It wasn't until Saturday morning, our last day, that I phoned Roger O'Brien on Jenny's cell. I explained our situation and asked if he could secure a hotel room for Nicole and myself where it would be convenient for a taxi ride into DC on Monday morning. He suggested that three nights may be enough as he believed the security situation would be more certain after the Preliminary Hearing. I said I would pay him back, but he wasn't too fussed.

Roger returned the phone call two hours later. He gave us the address of a Marriott Hotel close to I66 and the Beltway, but still in Fairfax County so that he could task patrols to check the carpark and reception every two hours. We indicated that we would be there about 6 pm, so he could meet us there.

We actually arrived about 5.30 pm. Nicole and Jenny had a teary farewell and I gave Jenny a respectable kiss. Jenny was concerned that she did not have any contact details for us, but we promised to make contact by Tuesday night. That seemed to calm her and we gave her our thanks and love several times over. Eventually she departed to join up with Lucas in Baltimore.

Just as Jenny left, Roger pulled up. He had taken the precaution to wear civvies to avoid attracting attention. He accompanied us to the reception and left an imprint of his credit card to pay for any incidental charges.

Once in our room, Roger explained that he had arranged for Frank Meadows to pick up Pete Monroe. Roger and Frank were still playing it safely and had not told Pete our address.

When they arrived Nicole greeted Frank with a hug. He seemed reluctant to let her go. After repeated assurances that she was fine, everyone finally took a seat.

I immediately started by contritely apologizing. "Pete, I am sorry for not letting you know what we were doing. At the time I felt being independent was the best way of keeping us safe."

"No... don't apologize as you probably saved your own lives. It is more than embarrassing for the Bureau to discover it has a leak. I am happy to say we have the culprit, but we still don't know how badly he has compromised us. He was one of the agents that took you to the airport, but he is now behind bars. Some of the toughest interrogators in the Bureau are now grilling him. He won't find it pleasant as he committed a cardinal sin."

"Well that is a relief," Nicole sighed.

Frank then sought to further reassure us. "I have to commend Pete on his tolerance and trust. While I had a good idea about your movement, he never insisted that I tell him the details."

Replying Pete said: "I could hardly ask for details until we had our own house in order. In the end it wasn't hard to track down our leaker. There were only six people who knew your identities. This included the two agents that took you to Dulles. We realized that one of them had been recruited from Florida. He had previously worked for Sherriff Josh Affleck. Fortunately he worked in the protection section so he didn't know about the planned raids. I regret that you were put in danger. While the bureau didn't need the humiliation, we have to recognize there are some positive aspects. It has enabled us to fix up a problem that we wouldn't have otherwise known existed."

Frank followed on: "Pete and I communicated regularly and he kept me fully informed on the promise that I didn't publish the details. Of course, I didn't wish to do anything that may compromise your safety."

Pete then proceeded to tell us the progress with the case. "We have a thorough understanding of what the syndicate has been doing, including the names of their members and their contacts. We have seized incriminating documents and a large haul of narcotics, mainly cocaine. Fortunately their bookkeeping was thorough so we have a complete history of past transactions. At this stage we now have a dozen members of the syndicate in detention. There are still two individuals we are seeking in regards to drug distribution, but they have nothing to do with you guys. We also have the details of their overseas contacts. California police also know the supplier of the explosives and believe it will be just a matter of time before he is detained."

Pete stopped to open a folder before continuing. "Now when I say 'we', I am really referring to a multiagency task group working these cases. The DEA is following up with the drug trafficking. The ATF is investigating the bombings with California State Police and Florida is reviewing all Sherriff Affleck's background as well as helping us screen other police that may have become compromised. We are also reporting to Department of Justice officials."

I enquired: "What is the risk to us then?"

"As we have the relevant players behind bars and so much information, I cannot see any benefit for them trying to have another go at you. We need to await the Preliminary Hearing though. On Monday we will be formalizing all the charges. Also providing full disclosure to their lawyers should make it clear that your testimony is not relevant for most of the charges. We can prove that Hank's brothers killed the whistleblower and that they set the bomb. We believe we have sufficient to implicate Hank and Josh Affleck as accessories. Of course Hank and his three dive associates will also be charged with a range of offences starting with drug trafficking and attempted murder. You will obviously have to give evidence in regards to the attempted murder sometime in the future."

"What about the Congressman?" Nicole asked.

"Well it appears that he was in the dark regarding the drug activities and the murder plans. His crimes relate to fraud. He probably would be insulted to hear that he was really just a pawn in Hank and Josh's plans. He was easily influenced as he was beholding to the other members of his family. Their influence and money was instrumental in getting him elected. Congressman Affleck will go before a grand jury next week. He will remain free to attend the House, but his party will force him to step aside from his committee responsibilities once he is indicted. The case against him is sound so he should be convicted. The House Committee on Ethics will then initiate an inquiry.

"Why isn't he sitting in jail with the rest? Nicole enquired.

"Don't Congressmen have privilege from arrest?" I suggested.

Pete clarified: "They do in civil suits but not for criminal charges. However, compared to murder or drug trafficking, his case doesn't warrant detention. Due to his prominence he is regarded as less of a flight risk."

"OK... what does tomorrow entail?" I asked.

The Assistant U.S. Attorney has been briefed and has read the statements that you previously gave. He just wants to question you himself so that he is across every detail. His job Monday afternoon is to present testimony to establish probable cause. There will be one or more defense attorneys that may provide evidence on behalf of the accused. If the Magistrate Judge finds sufficient probable cause the accused will be bound over for further proceedings by a grand jury.

It appeared as though there were many steps in bringing this saga to an end. My thoughts seemed to be shared by Nicole when she asked: "When can we expect it to be all over?"

Pete answered: "Defendant have a right to a trial within 70 days of their arraignment. Arraignment occurs after the grand jury, so it could be another three months before the trial and a further two months before sentencing. In the end the main players can expect a sentence of Life."

"We can't stay in hiding that long," was Nicole's reaction. I agreed but we needed to think through our options carefully. Just at that time I was uncertain what they were.

"Let's just wait until the Preliminary Hearing is complete just to make certain there are no surprises. I am confident that you will then be able to resume your normal lives."

"I know Nicole and I would like to call our parents soon." Roger, could you provide us with a cell phone that is unlisted for us," I asked. "Our parents would also need new cell phones as well, wouldn't they?"

Pete then replied: "You can get a new cell, however wait until Tuesday before you contact them. Hopefully you will be safe to call your parents directly then."

"I guess I can wait that long." Nicole said.

"If it is urgent I am happy to tell them for you," Frank offered.

"It is really something Owen and I need to do in person." Nicole could not stop her face glowing with a broad grin which I thought did little to disguise our secret engagement.

Frank had developed a very paternal grin as he looked at us both. "It sounds like good news then!"

"We really should tell our parents first." Then as Nicole looked at me with expectation I return a nod and a quiet laugh.

"Well Uncle Frank, as you are family, I will tell you. But you have to keep it a secret for the moment. Owen and I are engaged!" Nicole almost jumped with relief.

"Congratulations!" came from everyone.

"You sly dog!" and then cheekily Roger added: "And here I had been worried about you."

Frank took the opportunity to hug Nicole again before adding: "I am really happy for you Nicole... and of course you also Owen."

Everyone had to leave, so it wasn't quite a celebration. We all made promises that there would be a party when there was an opportunity.

* * * * *

Twelve months later when I could look back on our experience, I was still completely amazed. I had been an ordinary guy with no immediate expectations of winning the heart of a woman, let alone a beautiful woman. Now it was as if I had won the jackpot. I was now convinced there was not a happier person alive.

In regards to the Affleck's: Josh, Hank and his two brothers all received Life imprisonment. Calvin and Connie received 20 year custodial sentences, mainly for their involvement in the drug smuggling rather than their part in our attempted drowning. Due to his cooperation, Trevor was sentence given a three year suspended. Although he had not been directly involved in the drug smuggling he was able to provide the details of where Hank, Calvin and Connie dived for recovery of the drugs. As a result the Coastguard was able to successfully arrest the crew of a foreign owned fishing boat.

Congressman Walt Affleck was sentenced to eight years in prison and expelled from the House of Representatives.

We had been told to be on call several times, however in the end Nicole only testified once. That was in the trial of Congressman Walt Affleck. As the other major players had already been sentenced to Life for their parts in the murder, racketeering, drug offences, and conspiracy to defraud, they accepted a plea deal on the attempted murder charges. We were all set to fly back to California again when a plea deal was also struck in relation to the bombing incident.

The court cases could have hampered our lives as they dragged out for more than six months. We decided that we needed to live our lives so we refused to be encumbered by fear. Unfortunately it was sensible to postpone our wedding until the following April. To the initial shock of Nicole's parents, she was adamant that she would immediately move in with me at Fredericksburg. She explained that she had no feelings of nervousness as long as she was with me.

I must admit that until the court cases were finalized I also had some reservations. I quickly resumed work and as there was a vacant office next to mine, my Uncle George agreed that Nicole could occupy it. I felt better knowing I could check in on her several times a day. Few of the other employees initially knew who she was, so assuming she was my assistant she regularly collected my messages.

Nicole was now determined to start her writing. I thought her plans might be stymied when Frank offered her the chance to be the editor of the weekend Lifestyle Magazine. She had a steep learning curve as she had to get to know the authors that wrote the sections covering fashion, music, entertainment, health, motoring, food, recreation, gardening, handy hints, coming events and useful gadgets.

Nicole also undertook to become the author of her own section called 'Weekend Diversions'. Each week she featured an outing for a daily adventure in Maryland or sometimes Virginia. As she needed to have several articles ready just in case, I enjoyed a whole week accompanying her so she could experience several daily adventures.

Once the initial learning pressure had subsided, her editorial work only took half of her time, allowing her to resume her novel writing. However, we continued spending one day each weekend experiencing a daily adventure.

One of these daily adventure took us to the small country church that was surrounded by maples, rhododendrons and azaleas. The church was available for the middle Saturday in April when the blossom would be at its finest. We found a nice winery nearby that was also available for our wedding reception.

The wedding was fantastic. I had Roger O'Brien as my best man and two longtime friends from school were groomsmen. Nicole had selected Maggie, her sister Chloe, plus a school friend, Emily, as bridesmaids. Unfortunately two days before the wedding, Emily broke her foot. A replacement was needed. It just happened that Lucas and Jenny had arrived from California and that the bridesmaids dress fitted Jenny perfectly.

I already suspected that Nicole was the most beautiful woman in the world, but my first sight of her at our wedding left me in no doubt. She was radiating happiness and confidence. As she entered the church, our eyes locked immediately as we shared our love and hopes. Her face was framed by loose curls and her hair braided and wrapped about her head like a halo. Her veil was attached to her hair and floated behind her as she slowly marched down the aisle beside her Dad.

It was a long time before my focus could move from her face to peruse the rest of her. Once again Nicole showed her magic touch in selecting clothing. Her dress oozed femininity. It highlighted her perfect figure being tight about her bodice and then it flowed over her hips. A plunging neckline and shoulders were covered by an embroidered floral lace design. Her dress was modest but there was no doubt as to her sexiness.

At the reception we both partied reasonably late and spent time with all our guests. I was so happy that I recalled later that my face ached from smiling continuously.

Afterwards we then treated ourselves to a three week honeymoon. The concept was a fly-drive to visit the national parks in the west. We drove a circuit starting and finishing in San Francisco. It did entail two days and nights in San Jose with our good friends Lucas and Jenny. Of course the temptation presented was irresistible. We played hard, but the detail will have to wait for another story.