An Unexpected Distraction Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think I am. Yes... No... I don't know if I'm fine or not. I don't know whether to be scared or angry! What man takes a gun out of the hand of another person and laughs about it? What's worse. I didn't see him do it!" she cried.

"He's hiding something from you, Theresa. We need to find out. Tonight," Katie asserted. "Didn't you say he is fit? Well-toned, but, not overly toned? Where does he work out? You don't get that way unless you're a laborer or workout at a gym. Do you know what he does?"

Theresa never thought to ask. There was that one time where she thought to ask, but, the thought disappeared as quickly as it arrived. She was frustrated she never bothered to ask before tonight. But, she thought. He never bothered to offer how he stayed fit. She was going to know why he didn't tell her.

"Theresa, are you OK? You seem lost in thought."

Chapter 139

"OK... Here's my card and it has the case number written on it. An investigating detective will likely contact you for follow up questions. We know this guy. He's been a frequent guest of ours. He's never done this before. He'll probably go to state prison for this one. You're free to go. You know, we don't like to see someone like you do this. We think it's dangerous for you and others."

Steven nodded as he took the card from the policeman's hand.

Steven was worried. Theresa seemed be in shock.

He gathered his things and placed them in his apartment. He then called Theresa.

"You better get your ass over her pretty damn quick, Steven. I'm furious with you," Katie barked, when she answered Theresa's phone.

"Is Theresa OK?" he asked.

"NOW, STEVEN!" Katie demanded.

Katie answered the door and didn't look happy. He gulped. Without saying a word, she waved him inside.

When he cleared the threshold, he saw Theresa on the other side of the living room. She was standing near her bedroom, arms crossed on her chest, and a scowl on her face. Her eyes penetrated his soul.

Katie slammed the door shut and took position next to Theresa with the same "exact" pose, scowl, and glare. He blinked. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

"Start from the beginning, Steven," Theresa barked, with a stern and assertive tone.

"About the gun?"

"Yes."

"I've been trained to disarm assailants. Guns, knives, clubs, chains. Everything," he offered.

"Trained?!" she screamed. "Where?"

"At a self-defense school. When I was in college. I go to a school here to stay in shape. Keep my skills sharp," he replied.

"Skills? You have skills to take guns from people who point them at you?" she yelped.

"Yes."

Theresa turned to Katie with a bewildered look, seeking if Katie might know something about this. Katie gently shook her head. She returned to Steven.

"Continue. What is this school called?" she demanded.

"Brazilian jiu-jitsu. It's a Japanese martial art modified and perfected in Brazil," he said.

The women looked confused. He sensed they had never heard of it.

He continued, "I went to the school across the street from the University. I heard some of the men in the dormitory talk about it. I thought at least I could make some friends. Turns out, I was a natural. I'm a third-degree black belt. I enjoy it and it keeps me in shape. I still make friends at the school here."

"Why didn't you tell me, Steven?" she asked.

Steven detected her tone had changed to a more comforting tone. She wasn't angry.

"It's not something I go around announcing. Someone may decide to pick a fight just to prove he can kick a black belt's ass. I understand why you are angry with me. I didn't think to mention it, because, I'm so accustomed to 'not' mentioning it. I'm sure there would have been a time in the future it would come up, but, I just never thought to say anything to you about." He paused to gather his thoughts. "This is a first for me, Theresa. The assault. I never dreamed you would be with me when it happened."

"But, you laughed while you had the gun in your hand," she cried.

"In hindsight, I regret my behavior," Steven offered. "Particularly in front of you. In the past, I dreamed, if this would ever happen, I would smile and grin in gratitude for my training and mock my assailant. It is part of my training. Again, I had a momentary lapse of emotional control. I'm sorry if I scared or hurt you."

"You looked as though you were showing off to me," Theresa said.

"I was. I was foolish for having done so. I apologize and regret it," he said.

Theresa turned to Katie for guidance. Katie didn't know how to respond, except... arch her eyebrows in confusion... shrug her shoulders.

Theresa turned to Steven.

"Are you OK?"

Chapter 140

"Good morning, Theresa. Are you OK?"

"You've done it now, Bonds. Katie called Momma and Daddy this morning. Told them how you show a girl a good time. You know. Last night. They insist you come to their home for our Sunday family lunch tomorrow. My whole family will be there," she barked, with laughter. "They said if you don't come, they're sending Michael after you."

"Theresa, I'm amazed with the number of firsts I'm having with you. I have never been introduced to a girlfriend's parents. I think I would enjoy it," Steven said.

"We'll see about that, boyfriend. You may run screaming from the building!" she chirped.

She giggled, then continued, "Come see me at work today?"

"Of course. What time?"

Chapter 141

"When will you be here?"

"I'm on my way, just a few more minutes," Steven replied.

Steven let his phone navigation app take him to Theresa's family home. When he arrived, he noticed there was no parking near the house. He parked down the street.

He got out of the car and retrieved the carrier with 2 bottles of wine. As he stepped onto the sidewalk and looked down the street, he saw Katie. She waved, smiled, and bolted from view behind a tall hedge.

As he cleared the hedge, he got his first view of Theresa's family home. A very modest home. It was a beautiful home. An older beautiful home. A large front porch with columns on either side of the steps leading to the porch.

Then... There she was.

Theresa and an older woman stepped through the front door, arm in arm, smiling. She must be Mrs. Quinn, he thought. They stopped at the edge of the step.

Theresa was beautiful. She was wearing a beautiful royal blue sundress; skirt just above the knee, with white and pink flower print. Her hair was pulled behind her ears, parted to the right, and as straight as the day they met.

As they came to a stop on the porch, Katie, and two younger women came from the house and stood on each side of Theresa and Mrs. Quinn. Katie was next to Theresa... the other two, next to Mrs. Quinn.

Steven's first thought. These women look so much alike. They're all beautiful. As he turned to approach the house on the walkway, Katie bounced down the stairs and walked quickly toward him. She reached and took the wine carrier from Steven's hands, smiled and winked.

"Thank you, Katie," Steven smiled.

When Steven stopped for Katie, Theresa and Mrs. Quinn descended the steps to approach Steven. Theresa broke from her mother and ran to him. She grasped his neck and pulled him into a kiss. When she broke their most romantic kiss, Steven found himself surrounded by the most beautiful women he had ever seen. "All of them look so similar," he thought.

He immediately noticed, Katie was the only one with brown eyes. The others... Blue eyes, with hints of gray. Just like Theresa.

They were all the same height. Again, except for Katie, who, may be an inch shorter than the others.

"Momma, this is Steven," Theresa began.

"Mrs. Quinn I have been looking forward to meeting you. I understand you and Theresa share a name. You are just as beautiful as your daughter," Steven said.

"Thank you. You're handsome as well, Steven. Perhaps, more so than my Big Mike," she chuckled. "Welcome to our home." With that, she brought him into a warm and welcoming hug.

"Steven... This is my sister, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth brought Steven into a hug before he could speak. She whispered into his ear, "She's never brought anyone home before. You're the first." Then, she released him with a smile.

"And... This is my sister, Maureen."

"I understand you have been showing Theresa a good time," Maureen chuckled. "Especially, two nights ago. I want to hear all about it!" She too, brought Steven into a warm hug.

When Maureen broke her embrace, Katie stepped forward and hugged him a good hug. "Steven," she whispered. "Theresa is so happy. Like none of us have ever seen. We are happy, too. She's madly in love with you." Katie broke her embrace and grinned a wide grin...

"I know what you did to her in Houston."

Chapter 142

"It is a pleasure to meet such beautiful women. You must have heard this before, but, it's amazing how similar you look to each other. There are only tiny differences. Mrs. Quinn, thank you for inviting me today. I have been looking forward to meeting you and Mr. Quinn."

Theresa was holding Steven's hand firmly. She felt so happy for bringing such a handsome and caring man to meet her parents

Mrs. Quinn turned to enter the house and Theresa led Steven behind her, embracing his arm in a hug. She smiled widely up to him and said, "They like you."

The other women followed them into the house.

Theresa saw her brother in laws seated in the living room holding drinks. They rose when she and Steven entered.

"Steven, this is Mark and Bill. They are my brother in laws. Mark and Elizabeth, Bill and Maureen."

Steven stepped forward first and offered his hand to Mark while saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mark. It's a pleasure, Bill."

Bill spoke up, "I'm glad you're finally here, Steven. The women haven't stopped talking about you since early this morning. We're going to have to hear that story from two nights ago."

Just then, Michael entered the room.

Theresa broke from Steven and rushed across the room and took Michael's hand. She whispered, "This is the man you were worried about at the pub that night, and the one I haven't stopped talking about since. He has wanted to meet you several times, but, I wanted you to meet him here. Not at the pub. I'm in love with him, Michael. And he loves me."

Michael looked at Theresa and smiled a brotherly smile. "Let's meet him, then."

Theresa leapt and squealed. Turning to Steven, she said, "Steven, this is my brother, Michael."

Steven crossed the room and offered his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Michael. I've asked Theresa several times for an introduction, but, she wanted to wait."

"The pleasure is mine. Theresa tells me you are good to her, and I too, have asked for an introduction. I suppose she likes the drama with our family present," he chuckled. "I look forward to sitting down with you. To get to know you."

"The same here."

Theresa was drinking in the scene before her. It was the first time she had introduced a man to her brother. She felt happy. She looked around the room and found her entire family taking in the scene between Michael and Steven. Everyone, except Daddy...

"Theresa."

Chapter 143

"Theresa."

When Steven heard Theresa's name, he turned to face the main entryway to the living room. Everyone had turned, also. Standing there was an older man. Masculine. Rugged. Handsome. Dark hair and dark eyes. Steven immediately judged his height at 6 feet 3 inches, easily. This is clearly Mr. Quinn.

Big Mike.

Steven took note Michael looked similar to Big Mike. However, it wasn't near the similarities as his mother and sisters. Michael clearly had features inherited from his mother. Their height was nearly the same. Michael may have been just a bit shorter than his father. The brown eyes Katie and Michael had, came from their father.

Theresa bolted across the room and began whispering to her father in a hug, standing on her toes. Mr. Quinn had to bend over to hear her whispers and receive her hug. Mrs. Quinn stepped toward them both and took Mr. Quinn's hand. She was smiling at him.

Steven quickly glanced over the room and found Theresa's sisters drinking in the scene between their father and sister. They each had their hands clasped together, interlacing their fingers, in front of their chests. As in prayer. Smiling widely.

"Amazing. The similarities of these women," he thought.

When Theresa finished her whispers, she stepped back from her father while holding his other hand. He looked at Theresa and nodded. Once.

Theresa leapt and yelped. Her sisters did, too.

Theresa turned and walked briskly across the room to Steven. She smiled widely and took his hand, leading him back across the room to her father.

"Daddy, this is Steven Bonds. Steven and I have been seeing each other for weeks. We met at the pub. It is time for me to bring him to meet you."

Steven stepped forward, offered his hand, and looked him in the eye. Big Mike returned the gaze and quickly received his hand with his own. Smiling.

Steven immediately took note of Big Mike's firm, but, cordial grip. A manly grip.

"Sir, it is certainly a pleasure to meet you.," Steven began. "Theresa is very proud of you, as she should. She has told me about your pub, and its beginnings. And, how you and Mrs. Quinn met. I certainly admire your success with your family and business. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful home."

"Mr. Bonds... Steven," Big Mike said, as he released his grip with Steven. "Welcome to our home. Theresa has spoken well of you. Confirmed by our Katie. I know you are a special man, because I know my Theresa well. She would never bring someone here to meet her family without something very special about them. Theresa and Katie have told me of successes in your career, and, I'm interested in knowing more about them. This may be something you and I have in common. Success in business." He paused. "Follow me. Let's talk briefly in the kitchen."

As Big Mike turned away toward the kitchen, Steven briefly glanced to Theresa. She was wide eyed, smiling cheerfully, and nodding "this is good." She giggled, when she released his hand.

Her sisters giggled, too.

Chapter 144

"Your Daddy likes him."

Theresa turned to her mother and smiled lovingly. Theresa reached for her arm and hugged it warmly.

"Your man has a confidence about himself I've never seen before. Your Daddy senses it. I can tell," Mrs. Quinn said.

"It's one of his more attractive features, Momma. It brings him success in his career. His colleagues have told me so," Theresa replied.

Mrs. Quinn led her to the other room to peer into the kitchen through the doorway. They stood there watching Big Mike and Steven sitting at the kitchen breakfast table. Big Mike was speaking, and Steven was listening to every word, nodding occasionally.

Then, Katie appeared and took Theresa's arm into a hug. She smiled a reassuring smile.

Theresa was enjoying the conversation her boyfriend was having with her father, when, Steven turned toward her and smiled. He then returned his attention to Big Mike. Big Mike saw this, stood, and walked towards them. He gave Theresa a reassuring smile, and closed the door.

Theresa, Katie, and Mrs. Quinn giggled.

Chapter 145

"Steven, I trust you. You have the personality of trustworthiness. A rare quality in men. Something I'm sure you have been taught by your parents and admired by your employer. I do not offer my trust to anyone easily. But, I sense it from you." Big Mike paused. "Theresa, and her sisters, have an expectation from men. The expectation they see from their mother and me. How I treat their mother. Theresa has told me so." He paused, again. "Theresa tells me you treat her with respect and love. This is how I treat her mother and her sisters." Another pause. "Before the day is over, I want to speak with you about the other night. I want to know your side of the story. I have concerns."

"Yes, Sir. I will tell you my side of the story." Steven paused. "I love Theresa, Mr. Quinn. I have never loved a woman like I love her. You will find, as our relationship matures, how I respect and love Theresa. This is my offer of proof to strengthen your trust in me with her."

With that, Big Mike rose from his seat and offered his hand to Steven.

Chapter 146

"You have yourself quite a man there, Theresa."

Big Mike had just left the kitchen. He approached Theresa and Mrs. Quinn then squeezed each of their hands. He then led Mrs. Quinn to the living room.

Theresa turned to see Steven in the kitchen, smiling widely at her. She leapt, squealed, and threw herself into his arms for a passionate kiss.

Steven broke their kiss. "I love you, Theresa."

With that, a raven haired little girl, wearing a yellow dress, entered the kitchen.

"Amy!" Theresa chirped. She picked up the 18-month-old and kissed her on the cheek. "Steven. This is Amy. Elizabeth and Mark's daughter, and my niece!"

Amy reached for Steven to hold her, and Steven took her into his arms. She kissed his cheek. Theresa giggled.

"Theresa?"

Theresa turned to her brothers. Fraternal twins.

"Steven... These are my brothers, Patrick and Sean."

Steven offered his right hand to each of them while still holding Amy. "It's a pleasure to meet you Patrick... Sean."

"Theresa told us about the other night. Will you show us what you did?" Sean asked.

"Sure... After lunch, OK?" he replied.

"Yeah!"

Chapter 147

"Steven... You will be sitting here next to Big Mike."

Mrs. Quinn led Steven to a seat on Mr. Quinn's left. Steven took note the table was long, with Mr. and Mrs. Quinn at the ends. On the sides of the table, there were benches, instead of seats. Just like his family's home in Texas.

Steven smiled as Theresa had taken a seat next to her mother on the opposite side of the table. She was smiling at him.

As Maureen took a seat next to Steven, a blessing was given, and the food was passed from one person to the next until everyone had filled their plates and glasses. Corned beef and cabbage, potato soup, salad, wine and tea.

As the meal began, Steven turned to Big Mike and said, "Mr. Quinn, Theresa has told me of you and Mrs. Quinn. The pub... How you met... The hard work making Big Mike's the way it is today. I would like to hear your version of the story."

Steven listened closely as Big Mike told his life's story. And, as the story was told, Steven would occasionally turn and smile to Theresa, who was watching their conversation very closely. He also noticed there were several conversations occurring at the table. But, a few minutes later, Maureen paused and began listening to her father. Then, Sean and Patrick, seated next to their father across from Steven, also began listening. Within a few minutes, Big Mike was the only one speaking. Everyone in the room, including Amy, was listening to Big Mike.

"Then... You show up to our home, Steven Bonds. And, that's the end of my story," he announced, smiling widely to Steven.

Everyone burst into laughter.

Chapter 148

"What is he doing?"

"I think he is showing Sean and Patrick what happened to that poor gunman the other night," Theresa said, with a giggle.

Theresa and Elizabeth were looking out the kitchen window into the backyard of the Quinn home. There, Steven was going through slow motion maneuvers, with Patrick as the opponent, and Sean was watching. Then, Steven invited Sean to take his place and showed Sean the steps and movements. After about 30 minutes, each of the brothers had their turn practicing the motions Steven had taught them.

When Steven entered the kitchen from the backyard, he was met by Theresa, crossed arms and staring intensely with a scowl.