An Unexpected Distraction Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What?"

"What do you think you're doing? Turning my brothers into paid assassins?" Theresa barked.

Steven grinned widely and took Theresa into his arms for a peck on the lips. "I need body guards now. To protect me from you!"

Theresa smiled, grabbed Steven by both sides of his face, and brought him in for a passionate kiss. When they broke their embrace, they saw Mrs. Quinn watching them a few steps away. Smiling widely.

"Big Mike and I do that. Still do!"

Chapter 149

"I'm ready for the explanation about the other night, Steven."

"Yes, Sir," Steven replied.

Steven was sitting on the end of a couch next to Big Mike, who was sitting in a recliner. Others in the living room were in their own conversations.

"Theresa explained to you a gunman threatened us near my apartment building," Steven began, as he adjusted his position on the couch to sit on the edge of his seat. He turned to face Mr. Quinn from his new position.

"When I went to Theresa's apartment to check on her, she made it clear, when I showed off and was cocky, it scared, and confused her. It was then, I realized I shouldn't have behaved that way." He paused. "I don't regret the actions I took against the gunman. I knew immediately he was high on drugs. The police confirmed it. From training, there would be no reasoning with him. My immediate concern, was removing the gun from the situation to reduce the risk to Theresa and myself. I've been trained thousands of time to disarm an opponent to the point I do not have to think how to do it. It is now instinct. In this instance, disarming the gunman was successful, and no one was injured."

Steven paused. He found himself and Mr. Quinn surrounded by everyone, listening closely to the story being told. Theresa was standing next to him. When he looked up to her, she gently sat next to him on the couch and took his arm into an embrace, and smiled. Steven returned her smile.

Steven returned to Mr. Quinn, and continued, "The next morning, after I called to check on Theresa, I went to the school I attend to tell the head instructor what had taken place. I gave him all the details, including how and why I chose my approach. I also told him about my cockiness and showing off to Theresa before and after the encounter." Steven paused. "The head instructor agreed I correctly chose to take Theresa out of harm's way by distracting the gunman. He also agreed with my choice of removing the gun from his hand and disabling him quickly. But, he chided me for my cockiness and showing off when Theresa was present. Told me I was stupid for having done so. He reminded me Theresa was in fear of her life, and of mine. And people react unpredictably when under such stress. He told me he won't kick my ass for it, but, if I bring Theresa to the school, he'll hold me down and let her kick my ass."

Everyone in the room paused for a moment to register what Steven had just said. Then, they burst into laughter.

When the laughter died down, Steven continued, "I apologized to Theresa and Katie the night of the assault, for behaving poorly." Steven rose to his feet and looked at everyone in the room. Then, he reached for Theresa's hand and she rose to stand next to him.

"Mr. Quinn, I want to apologize to you and Mrs. Quinn," he began. "And, to everyone in this room. I regret having scared your daughter... your sister... because of my poor choice of behavior during a stressful experience."

There wasn't a dry eye in the room, except for Big Mike and Steven... And, Amy.

Big Mike rose to his feet and took Steven by the hand.

"Your apology is accepted, Steven Bonds."