An Unexpected Distraction Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steven started laughing again and replied, "No wives. No children. You are rubbing my giggle box, though, Theresa. And... You're rocking that uniform. Do you think we could play 'catch' when we return to Houston?"

Theresa smiled and motioned for a kiss. Steven obliged.

"Are you going to embarrass the Royals again when you take third base?" she asked.

Joe stepped up and said.

"Yeah... he is."

Chapter 241

"OK, I'll fungo off slow. Then, I'm going to call base runners before I hit it."

"Let's go," Steven replied.

Steven looked over to the third base coach's box and smiled at Theresa. The entire birthday party was standing around her. Joe in front, shaking his head in disgust. Steven smiled at him.

"ALL RIGHT! FIRST BASE!" Nicky barked.

CRACK!

SWOOSSS! SWASH! THAWPP!

Steven looked at Theresa again. Smiled. Wait a minute. Jenny is next to Theresa. Smiling.

"TOO IMPRESSIVE, BONDS! I'M STEPPING IT UP! MAN ON FIRST! ONE OUT!"

CRACK!

SWOOSSS! SWASH! THAWPP! SWASH! THAWPP!

"FIRST AND SECOND! NO OUTS!"

CRACK!

SWOOSSS! STOMP STOMP SWASH! THAWPP! SWASH! THAWPP!

"NO ONE ON! NO OUTS!"

Steven knew by now, Nicky was giving professional hits to try and field.

CRACK!

Steven raced to his left and dived for the ball. Snagged. To his feet, instantly. Fired to first.

SWASH! THAWPP!

It went on for twenty more hits. Each fielded cleanly and put outs. Some, even Nicky couldn't have fielded.

"MAN ON FIRST! NO OUTS!

CRACK!

Fly ball on the third base line... shallow left field.

"DOUBLE UP ON FIRST!"

Back. Back. Back. Got it.

SWASH! THAWPP!

"I've seen enough!" Nicky barked.

The infield jogged toward Steven after Nicky's call.

"Hey, Man. Where did you play ball?"

Chapter 242

"Theresa, I didn't know."

Theresa turned to Jenny and said, "I didn't either."

Theresa walked toward Steven, who was thanking the players for his opportunity.

When she stood next to Steven, Bobby Barton said, "Great plays and hitting, Steven. I'm glad you're not playing. Call me. We'll have dinner sometime."

"Thanks, Bobby," Steven replied.

When they all left, Steven turned and found Theresa blocking his way.

"This is my birthday party. What do you think you're doing?" she barked.

Steven smiled and said, "I'm not doing anything for the rest of the day. I want you to have fun."

"OK! THREE INNINGS OF BASEBALL. THE QUINN FAMILY AGAINST THE ROYALS! QUINN FAMILY IN THE THIRD BASE DUGOUT! STEVEN BONDS! YOU'RE NOT PLAYING! YOU'RE THE UMPIRE!" yelled Nicky.

Steven started laughing. Theresa wasn't.

Joe walked up to Theresa and said.

"I would kick his ass for you, but, you know I can't."

Chapter 243

"Steven! We're beating the Royals! Go, Quinns!

Steven giggled to himself at Theresa's enthusiasm. He hadn't called a strike on the Quinn family and there were as many outs for the Quinn Family as there were batters. The Royals were jogging to first base to be put out. Theresa, and her family, had managed an 11-0 score in the bottom of the third and needed just one more out to win it.

Theresa had managed to get 2 hits out of her three innings and she was beside herself with happiness.

"I hope you didn't screw up Theresa's birthday party," Joe said.

Steven turned to Joe, and Joe nodded.

"That little stunt you pulled today, drew all the attention away from her. It's her birthday party, not yours," Joe chided. Katie walked up and nodded agreement.

"Joe... You know me. Once I hit that first one I couldn't help it. And the fielding. Nicky insisted. Said I couldn't leave without doing it," Steven replied.

"If you're telling me you lost your self-control, Steven, you better get it back and keep it. That woman over there, having the time of her life, loves you more than anything on this planet. You lose your self-control the next time, she might kick you to the curb, as Katie puts it," Joe chided again.

"It was that bad?" Steven asked.

"Hell, yes! I'm so mad at you, I wanna deck you right here!" Joe barked. Then he turned his back on Steven and walked away.

Katie stepped in front of Steven and said softly, "You need to apologize to Theresa. Joe's right. I would kick you to the curb for this one."

Chapter 244

"Theresa... How did your birthday go?"

"It is the best birthday I've ever had. Thank you, Nicky for the special gift," Theresa replied.

"Here... This an autographed baseball from all the Royals who played baseball with you today. I enjoyed myself immensely. I can see from your face, you're happy," Nicky chimed.

"Thank you!" Theresa said.

Theresa's family and friends were making their way to the locker room to return their uniforms. Except, Steven. He was waiting at the door for Theresa.

"Theresa, I would like to say something," Steven said.

"OK."

"Can we sit down for a minute?" he asked.

"Sure."

Steven led Theresa to the dugout bench and sat down.

"I want to apologize for what I did today. It was selfish. Joe chewed me out for being so, and Katie got what was left. This is not an excuse, but, you have seen an ugly side of me today. It was the same when we were assaulted at my apartment. It is the same as what I did to Robert at Thanksgiving. Someone dares or challenges me and I go berserk. Ignoring you, and everyone else. Milton tossed a heater to me and I lost control by hitting it past his glove. I'm not sure I can control it, because, I've tried my entire life. I'm going to apologize to everyone in the locker room," Steven said.

A movement behind Steven caught Theresa's eye and she leaned to see who it was. Waiting near the door to the locker room, at the other end of the dugout, was Katie. Arms crossed, hip cocked, and a scowl on her face. Elizabeth and Maureen were standing next her with the same scowl and crossed arms.

Theresa smiled and nodded her acknowledgement.

"Steven, I agree you were selfish today. This was my day, not yours. I don't think you meant to take attention away from me on purpose, or, that you planned it. I've learned something about you today, and, I'm glad you are admitting it is an ugly side of you," Theresa said.

Theresa paused and dipped her chin, to consider her thoughts. She reached with her hand and placed it on his face tenderly, then said, "I fully expect, other faults will be revealed in our future together. Both mine and yours." She paused and smiled. "Well, I'll just have to keep you away from baseballs, bats, and robbers... and maybe, your Robert!" She giggled...

"I love you, Steven. I haven't forgotten you were responsible for today's wonderful gift to me and my family," she said.

She turned to her sisters and nodded everything was OK. Then...

Theresa gave her man a kiss.

"I forgive you, Steven."

"Thank you, I love you so much," Steven replied.

Then... Katie was standing next to Steven and punched him in the arm.

"Theresa may have forgiven you, but, you deserved that!"