An Unexpected Family Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He stopped by the Concierge desk before leaving the hotel. He ordered flowers, with each of the women's names, and 3 orders of the luxury breakfast with coffee, tea, and juice. He insisted all of it be delivered to his suite simultaneously within an hour. The cute young woman behind the desk guaranteed it would happen. He also told her, that if his guests wanted to stay another night in his suite, to place the charges on his credit card on file. He signed the orders he made, smiled, peeled off three $100 bills from his money clip and told her one of the bills was for the men and women who delivered to the room. The other two bills were for her. He winked to her and ran for a taxi. The Concierge congratulated him while he ran away. He smiled to himself as he ran... For the game, or for the night he will never forget with Emily, Marcy, and Diane. He chuckled.

He then called the airline and upgraded his ticket to first class. He needed sleep... Bad.

And... he needed to speak to Diane about his feelings for Bérénice.

Chapter 35

"Jack! That was a great series in Boston. What's the deal with turning another triple? Luck must be following you like a shadow."

"Thanks, Diane," Jack replied. "Thank you for lunch, too. I like our lunches together."

He leaned over to kiss her and took a seat across from her.

"Tell me about the triple play. I didn't see it, but, I heard about it from my assistant."

He smirked, and shook his head before he replied.

"The triple at the All Star game was too easy. McCombs nearly hit it into my glove. When I threw it too third, I wasn't thinking triple... I was thinking... get the lead runner. Royce and Ruiz did all the work. I just stepped back 5 steps and caught the ball for the third out. The one in Boston was too easy, too. Probably the easiest of all triple plays. Runners on first and second with no outs. Ochoa hits the ball into my glove, for the first out... I step on first base for the second out, catching the runner off the base with his lead. Then, I throw it to second base for the same caught off base third out. Morris was waiting for the throw on second and tagged the runner. It took less than five seconds."

Diane laughed at his new found fortune for starting triple plays.

"I'll tell you someone else who thinks they're lucky. Marcy and Emily. They call me every day asking about you. That was so sweet of you leaving notes, flowers, and breakfast for us. I think they're in love."

Jack shook his head, too. "I've had several calls from both of them. Emily is telling me she can't wait to see me when we go to Toronto next month. I hate Toronto. Not because of Emily. How old is she anyway? She looks... very young."

Diane giggled. "She just turned twenty one. She was carded quickly the night we had drinks at the hotel," she replied, with a tilt of her head.

Jack dipped his chin, gathered courage and faced his hostess.

"Diane," he began. "I enjoyed your company in Los Angeles, along with Emily and Marcy. But..."

"Uh-oh," Diane interrupted. "I sense the tone of lover's regret." She tilted her head the other way.

They were interrupted by the waiter with their drinks.

Jack continued, "Diane, I have no regrets meeting you. I have no regrets with what we have shared together. I am so, so grateful for your patience and teaching me how to be a good lover." He dipped his head again, faced Diane, and continued, "I'm not certain I want to live the lifestyle you live. You know... more than one lover. Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed the interactions we had with Marcy and Emily. It was a first time for me... More than one woman at the same time. And, I have no regrets for the experience. But, there were times that evening, that my mind kept telling me, this was not what I wanted." He paused to focus his next words. "Since Robert died, I've had frequent thoughts of my own future. A wife and children. I'm afraid if I accept offers like you gave me that night, it will compromise my desire to settle down, so to speak. To lose focus on what I really want."

"Are you breaking up with me, Jack?" Diane asked.

"No! No! I enjoy what we are doing right now. Speaking openly and candidly to each other." He paused. "I do want to discuss the prospect of us... no longer being lovers. I want to call you one of my very best friends. Not my lover."

Jack saw the deep disappointment her eyes. They began to water.

"Have you met someone, Jack? A woman for settling down?" she asked.

"No, I haven't," he replied.

Diane noticed a tone in his reply. It confused her for a moment or two before she starting putting the puzzle together.

She tilted her head a little and had a confused look on her face. She sized up Jack's emotions in his face. Then, the light came on...

"Would I be wrong if I guessed you are in love with your sister in law?" she asserted.

Jack felt the lump in his throat appear out of nowhere. He never suspected Diane would guess he was in love with Bérénice.

They were interrupted by the waiter, and Jack begged a delay, so he could continue with Diane.

Jack clasped his hands together and placed his chin on top of them. A tear began to fall upon his cheek and Diane saw it.

"Diane, I respect you too much not to tell you the truth. To begin, I don't know what my emotions are trying to tell me right now... With Bérénice and the death of Robert. I hoped I have hidden my emotions well, but Robert's death has devastated me inside. It's like my soul is not complete. Robert was my very best friend since I can remember. We did everything together. He made it a point to include me in everything. When he met Bérénice in grade school, they became inseparable. But, Robert included me in their life together. We went to the movies, church, fishing, everything... together."

He paused to wipe a tear from his cheek. Then he gathered courage.

"I have been in love with Bérénice since I was fifteen." He paused to let Diane consider his words.

"When they left for college, my senior year in high school was the worst year of my life. I lost the two people I loved the most. Mom noticed. She told me we are growing up and that each of us had to find our own path for our future. But, my heart ached for both of them."

He paused to sniffle and to let his emotions calm a little. Diane saw the waiter approach again and she waved him away.

"When I saw Bérénice after Robert's death, the emotional connection reappeared instantly when we laid eyes on each other. We both knew we needed each other again." He paused to wipe away a tear. He looked up to find Diane weeping, too.

"I have called Bérénice often, as she asked. I have called her mother nearly every day, to gauge how Bérénice is handling Robert's death and to determine her needs so I could help. Amazingly, she is slowly accepting the loss of Robert. The bad days are becoming fewer and fewer, according to her mother. I sense a happiness returning to her voice when I call." He paused to regather his courage and emotions.

"Diane, I have never in my life, been so emotionally insecure, as I am this very moment. I am in love with Bérénice. I want to be with her. But a voice replies that I can't; she is still grieving. Another voice is telling me, right now, that I am about to lose you, too. As a friend. And I don't want to lose you as a friend."

He paused and found tears streaming down Diane's face.

"Circumstances may change in the months to come. But, right now; when her mother tells me it is time, I have decided to court Bérénice. I am preparing myself for when the time comes; beginning now."

He rose from his chair, knelt at her side, and took Diane into his arms. They held each other for a few moments and she begged him to stand; so she could stand and hold him closer and tighter.

They never ordered lunch.

Jack asked her for a lunch date for another time, and she accepted. With that, he kissed her softly, turned, and left.

Chapter 36

Jack was standing outside the hotel when his family and Bérénice's family pulled up to the entrance. He was smiling as wide as the double doors to the hotel. His mother practically jumped from the barely rolling pickup truck to leap into her son's arms.

"I love you, Mom. Thank you for being here. I have missed you so much," he said. He shook his father's hand and hugged him as well. Then, Bérénice stepped from her parent's Suburban. Jack smiled ever wider.

She was wearing a royal blue sundress with white sandals. Her black as night hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail. Stands of hair along the side were touching her face and neck. Tall and slender, she still held onto her athletic, but, feminine build from her volleyball days at Baylor. Her nearly black eyes found Jack's.

The connection reappeared.

Jack was wearing a custom tailored dark blue business suit and a royal blue tie; his usual traveling attire. His athletic build set him apart from other men. And he was handsome. Dark hair, dark eyes, well-groomed. Bérénice had never seen him so handsome.

They each walked briskly toward one another and embraced; for over a minute. Jack whispered, "I've missed you."

"I have missed you, Jack. You can't imagine how much I've missed you."

"Mommy!"

Bérénice released Jack with tears of joy in her eyes. She wiped them away, while trying to giggle.

Jack bent to one knee and picked up Patrice. "How's my little princess? I've missed you."

He shook hands with Mr. Ouellet and hugged Mrs. Ouellet. Mrs. Landry, his former math teacher in school, walked up with John in hand. "You look fantastic, Jack. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Landry. I didn't expect to see you." He hugged her.

"Mrs. Landry volunteered to watch the children," Bérénice offered. "I used your card to buy her a room. It's OK, isn't it?"

"Absolutely! Always!" Jack set Patrice down, reached into his pocket, removed his money clip, peeled off $300, and handed it to Mrs. Landry.

"Meals for you and the children," he offered. "Maybe a movie. A taxi if you want to get away. Order anything you want from room service and place it on the room charges. If you need more, tell Bérénice. Anything that will make you and the children comfortable. I don't want any bad experiences for you, Mrs. Landry. You're a blessing right now."

"Thank you, Jack. Wow," she replied, in surprise, holding the unexpected bills in hand.

"Jack," Bérénice giggled. "Someone wants to meet you."

She took his hand and led him to the Suburban. She reached in and released Amélie from her car seat. She kissed her cheek and announced, "Amélie, this is your Uncle Jack."

Jack beamed when Bérénice placed Amélie into his arms. "She's so beautiful. Like her mother. Look at those wide eyes. You're right, Bérénice; they do look like Robert's eyes." He looked up toward Bérénice and she was weeping with tears of joy. She took his arm and hugged him to herself.

Suddenly, a comforting warmth raced through Jack and Bérénice. Their eyes widen to each other.

"I think I just felt Robert's presence," he whispered.

"Me, too. Isn't it wonderful?" she sobbed.

"It's going to be hard to give Amélie back, Bérénice."

Chapter 37

The game was a little disappointing. The Royals lost to the Rangers, 6-1.

Jack scored the lone run. He singled, and then stole second base. Raines drove him in with a double to left center field.

The Royals had no fielding errors, and Clyde Harris was throwing better than he had all year. The runs the Rangers scored were all earned. Three of the runs came as a result of a home run.

Despite the lost, the Royals were leading the Central Division by 8 games over the Twins. They needed to continued playing their game for two more months to make the playoffs.

Bérénice, her parents, her in laws, and friends thoroughly enjoyed the private suite Jack rented. And, they were grateful for the hotel and meals Jack paid for. Bérénice stayed up late after the game and left a message on Jack's phone to call her when he arrived at the hotel.

"Come to my room, Jack... Please?" she said, when he called.

When Jack entered her room, he was a little surprised the children weren't present. She was still wearing her Royals jersey, with number 7 and Caron across the back, and blue jeans from the game.

"I've missed you, Jack. I just wanted to spend some time with you before we leave."

Jack took her into his arms and hugged her. "I've missed you, Bérénice. Where are the kids?"

"They're staying with Mrs. Landry. I asked her. I told her I wanted to spend some time with you. I think she understood," she mused.

She snuggled tighter into his arms, and laid her head on his shoulder and hummed her satisfaction.

"Jack?" she whispered. "I'm going to ask you something. Something I've never done before." She paused. "Stay with me? Stay with me tonight. I need you to hold me... all night."

She didn't wait for an answer. She released him, went into the bathroom, and closed the door. Jack heard the shower come on. He took off his tie and coat and draped them over the back of a chair. After getting a bottle of water from the mini-fridge, he settled into the lounge chair to relax.

Thirty minutes later, Bérénice emerged from the bathroom with a tentative grin on her lips. She was wearing loose, off-white satin pajamas; top and bottom. All of her makeup had been removed and Jack thought she was beautiful. As she approached Jack, her breasts wiggled against the shiny fabric. She turned her back to him to pull the covers down on the bed and fluffed the pillows. Jack noticed her athletic buns wiggling inside her pajama bottoms as she faced away from him.

She turned to face him and offered her hand to join her. She smiled a little wider.

Jack rose from the chair and as he took her into his arms, he asked, "Are you sure?"

"I've been planning this for over a week, Jack. I need you to just hold me. And let me hold you."

With that, she began helping him undress. She hung up his shirt and suit in the closet and then slipped into bed. She admired his athletic frame as he stood before her in his boxer shorts; she grinned. That is one well-built man, she thought.

"I set the alarm for 5:30. I don't want Mama and Daddy to know you were here. OK?"

Jack nodded and slipped into the other side of the bed.

Bérénice scooted to his side of the king size bed and took his face into her hands.

"Jack," she began, as she roamed and admired his handsome face with her exotic black eyes. "Just cuddling tonight, OK? I need a man's arms to hold me. Your arms." She giggled. Then, her smile left her face as she looked directly at his lips with her exotic eyes. She slowly took his lips against hers and closed her eyes. A moment or two later, she probed his lips with her tongue. Jack took her into his arms firmly and returned her kiss.

Jack broke the kiss first. "I will be here when you ask... always."

He then encouraged her to turn her back to him so they could spoon. He reached around her waist and held her tummy. She placed her hand on top of his.

A few moments later, Bérénice began laughing.

"Jack, I said cuddling. You're ... poking me on my back side," she giggled.

Jack started laughing, too. "A side effect of a hot and gorgeous woman in my arms."

Bérénice laughed while she turned around to face him, placing her arms around him. "OK," she whispered. "I'm hot?"

"Yes. Gorgeous, too," he whispered. "Now, give me a few minutes and my dick will settle down for the night. Or, the big spoon can lie on top of the little spoon. Or, I can lie on my back and you can drape your legs across mine. You can rest your head on my chest. Your choice."

She laughed, turned her back to him and replied, "Little spoon on top of the big one. Cuddle me... close."

He turned on his right side, reached around her waist again and cuddled against her back. She took his left hand and brought it to her right breast, outside the pajama top, and held it there with her hand.

"Mmm," she cooed. "Hold me, Jack. Good night."

A few minutes later, Bérénice could hear Jack's breathing change.

Chapter 38

Jack woke up before Bérénice's phone alarm went off. He was facing away from her, lying half way on his stomach and left side. Bérénice was draped across him with her arm and leg. He could hear a soft snore from her lips.

Surprisingly, Jack left her bed without waking her, but she did stir and rolled to her other side, resuming her soft snore. Jack snatched his clothes and took them to the bathroom to dress. He picked up his watch from the desk and found it was 4:47 am. He had been asleep for almost 4 hours. He wrote a note, asking to have lunch with her and her family in the hotel dining room, and left it in the bathroom so she would see it. He signed the note with ... "I love you."

He quietly left her room.

Instead of going to his room, he left the hotel and walked two blocks to an IHOP. He was starving. He thought he would avoid coffee and get more sleep when he returned to the hotel. As he was seated, he looked across the dining room and saw two familiar faces. He rose from his seat and went to say hello.

"Jack! Join us," Clyde Harris said, as he gestured to a chair facing him and his wife, Marion.

As he kissed Marion on the cheek, Jack thought, she has to be the sexist woman on the planet. He had met Marion on several occasions, particularly after games when Marion was waiting for Clyde. Like Clyde, Marion was African American, 5 feet 10 inches tall and Jack considered, if she were less slender, she would be too skinny. This early morning she was wearing a feminine three quarter sleeved Royals t-shirt... she had cropped it just below her small breasts. He could see just a peek of her white bra at the edge. She was wearing white and tight, above the waist, three quarter length leggings, and a pair of royal blue flats. Her shirt and leggings showed off her soft curves and screamed sex appeal.

She had a new hair style since Jack saw her last. Her hair was styled into long tight curls; too many to count, and parted down the middle. It was a different take on the Afro style, and Jack thought she wore the new style very well. It was cute.

She had the highest cheek bones Jack had ever seen, and her dark brown eyes were almond shaped; nearly oriental-like.

"You're up early, Jack," Clyde offered, as he gestured to the waiter.

"Yeah, I woke up a few minutes ago, starving. After something to eat, I'm going back to bed until lunch. You're up early yourself," Jack smirked.

"Haven't been to sleep yet, right Marion?" he replied, with a wiggle of his eyebrow.

She replied with an eyebrow wiggle of her own. "We have friends in the DFW area," she offered. "He... just left. You must have passed him on the way in." She arched her eyebrow to Jack with a smirk.

Jack took note of Marion's emphasis with the words, "friends" and "he," and imagined what the three of them had been up to.

After the waiter took Jack's order, Marion spoke up, "Jack, Diane Fitzpatrick called me a week or so, ago. She told me about your lunch meeting with her at the country club. Well, not everything, but, enough to tell her feelings were hurt."

Jack paused to gather his thoughts. "Yeah," he replied. Then, he paused again. "First, let me say, I consider Diane a very good friend, and I told her so. I also told her, I wish to remain a good friend to her. I told her, since my brother died, I've been thinking about settling down. You know... a wife and children. And, I said that now was a time to begin realizing my needs. I know her feelings were hurt when I told her. I'm serious, Marion. My feelings are hurt, too. I will never forget her. She changed my life when I met her... in a good way."

Marion smiled. "Wow, Jack. Now I know why Diane has been so gloomy. Don't worry, she's getting better and she'll be fine. She's been spending a lot of time with her friend, Marcy... and, some other friends she knows... very well." She glanced at Clyde with the last emphasis and winked.

1...345678