All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 8)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read this so many times now that I don't even bother reading about Becky, I just pick it up where John Charles moves to his new life, in a new town, where he finds a real woman to grow old with. I would have liked to have had a blurb when they told Jace's mother that she was going to be a grand-ma, again. Since she had decided that Celeste was her grand-daughter from the first time they met.

DarknsDarknsover 2 years ago

Another great reading experience from @qhml1. So many other stories never have enough detail when closing the story out and can seem a bit rushed. Or worse, leaving the reader with questions.

That’s not the case here, you tied up all the loose ends perfectly. Yes, it was a perfect ending. Thank you.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Generally speaking with redemption stories, it’s a 10% break up and the rest of the story arc is the HEA, not so here, and I suspect not so in qhml1’s life, definitely wasn’t in mine, I took 3yrs coming to terms with a betrayal, and it coloured the next 10yrs of my life with my HEA. All that said this is Lit - not real life, and devoting 30% of a story to the negative doesn’t really make for a good easy to read flow. This is an old story now, so I’m guessing the author isn’t too worried about my comments, that said I liked it, but it’s not without flaws, like your newer stuff better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the author. Maybe this ended up being a good story. The reviews suggest so... Which is the only reason I even got to the beginning of page 3. But the main character, Jace, has been sick an annoying asshole since the very beginning. As of page 3, not one character is at all likeable. I'll still be reading stories by Q... a really good writer and storyteller... But I just couldn't get into this one.

_h

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh the smell of testosterone, the taste of wounded ego. Routine BTB fodder with a little fantasy romance thrown in at the end. An originality free zone. Tedious.

LA

Kryms1nKryms1nover 2 years ago

I… wow. I was fighting tears at pretty much every step of Amanda and Celeste’s character development… you have a true gift for twisting the heartstrings however you want

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another self-righteous prick story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great Author that can add this story to the growing list of their success'. I loved it. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a mans fantasy gets rid of cheating wife an ends up with a young pretty adorable new gf or wife……. Sorry to say that never happens or rarely most 20 year old don’t want someone divorced an certainly not with his baggage he failed to mention to Amanda his sadistic tendencies an cruelty he’s inflicted in the past

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

anon from a few hours ago: someone must have really singed your tail feathers in the past! A few others seem to have burnt asses as well. Must be the female version of the BTB club.

My god people, it is fiction and good fiction at that. Your hurt feelings of the past are not part of this story! Thank the author and move on.

Casual_Writer21Casual_Writer21over 2 years ago

Overall, I really liked this story. It was a long read but the MC's witt and rational demeanor held my attention.

Although well written, I had trouble determining where I was in the timeline of the story. Sometimes I didn't know if I was reading a memory or advancing into the future.

The divorce was expertly portrayed because it made me feel frustrated and angry at all the characters who wanted to tell Jace how he should feel. How he should just forgive her like it was easy and get back together. It was also infuriating seeing the hoops he needed to jump through just to separate from her.

The second half was wonderful as well. His witt fit right in with the south. I even started reading his dialog in an accent haha

My only other complaint is I wish the sex was a little longer and more detailed, but other than that great job!

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

i loved the story and gave it 5 stars. Very well written. Jace made a huge mistake with his first wife and he should have paid attention when she cheated on him before they were even serious. She seems to have no conscience about cheating and this is bad. He met a wonderful woman in Amanda and was smart not to fall for Becky's attempt to get back together with him. There are some women out there like Becky and they are doomed to flit from male to male. There are also wonderful women like Amanda who should be treasured. Loved the story. great job!!!!!

awr75bsawr75bsover 2 years ago

Who ever is giving you advice, thank you for following it.....a great story!!! I loved the twists and turns you presented us. I look forward to reading more of you work. Thank you!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

SHIT ! I will be glad when i find a bad story you wrote, been reading for two days and need to click off and get some sleep. 😉

dirtyharry6971dirtyharry6971over 2 years ago

Great story I could tell a similar tale about my ex and my wife of 40 years, who I would never have met if she hadn’t cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story, lovingly told. Felt the humiliation & bitterness he felt with Becky, & the love from Amanda. Wish you had a paragraph or 2 concerning Celeste's later graduation. Would've been nice if she attained some sort of honor, making a speech honoring her "father & mother". Oh well. The only criticism I had was, sometimes things got too wordy. And punctuation. Nothing huge, but I minored in journalism, so it calls out to me. And the fact that Amanda's much younger than Jace. It tells that she's ready to dump him in a minute.

All that didn't stop me from giving you 5stars, perhaps one of the rare stories I've read that I could easily give you 7. Having read other stories from you, enjoyed them, but this's by far your best. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BRAVO! Very well written indeed. I wish there were more than 5 stars, but I maxed it out for this absolutely amazing story. Thank you so much for your awesome story. Please keep up the fantastic work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story thank you only thing I found unbelievable was the cop being disciplined for a "family matter" but other than that i could feel the pain ya know

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Super good! Felt sorry for Don up until the head board noise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very sweet story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First story I've read three times. Want to say more, but the quality has left me a lil speechless. This story doesn't require a 6th star, but an option so folks can select between 9 or 10 stars. I so relate to that guy.

hdwg2003hdwg2003over 2 years ago

LOVED your story....I know I'm repeating what others have stated but this is the THIRD time I have read this story and I read it ALL the way through every-time....it makes me sad, happy, appreciative, angry, untrusting, hopeful, ultimately it has entertained me completely ....very thorough, detailed with thoughts and emotions..WOW, Bravo to him to recover....THE BEST REVENGE is success, which he got to experience with his Ex at the end, nice twist. Thank you again for the effort on your part, it must drain you to pour out these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it. I've read a couple of your other stories (and enjoyed them as well), and I think you're a damn good writer. The stories keep the reader involved, and that's a big plus. They also seem to flow very well, which makes reading the story that much better. Thank You for sharing it with us. I gave it 5 stars, as that's the highest I could give it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. A FANTASTIC read. Would love another part. So well written and really grabbing. Read it all on 1 go. FANTASTIC.

FreNChy222202FreNChy222202over 2 years ago

This story should be made into a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If only all us divorcees were as good as the man in your story, there would not br many 3rd or 4th marriage in this pitiful world

UncertainTUncertainTover 2 years ago

I love rereading this story, its one of my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quality writers like Q really ruin the curve when trying to decide ratings - kind of like the smart, straight A girl in the front row in school.

So many well-deserved comments from fellow fans of your writing, the funny rants are from the obvious 'cheating slut Beckys' in the crowd.

My only complaint is that the last sentence of your tales come far too soon - thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story's heroine compares favorably with another story called The Harpy. Both had a little crazy about them, but would be fiercely loyal to a man who loves them.

Gym52Gym52over 2 years ago

An extremely interesting and thought provoking story.

Well prepared and written, with both humour and pathos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

loved it !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good. It hit close to home for me. Ex cheated on me thought she was pregnant with his child. He divorced his wife. 53 yrs later the boy contacts me and tells me I'm his Father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 * for the second part, although I would have given 4 to the first part!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Have to agree this should have been two stories. The first half was a four (barely) while the second half was an easy five (couldn't give a higher mark tho)

rn2711rn2711over 2 years ago

Stop reading on page 5. It's easily a four.

The second part is just gross. Easily a 1.

Badboy1757Badboy1757over 2 years ago

Don't know why the negativity on some of posts, personally I liked it. Well written and I couldn't stop reading it. Good job

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent, well done.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Sappy as fuck. I received a mouthful of vomit over this:

"Our child is growing up, honey. She did something bad, got caught, came home, and told me all about it. I truly believe she understands what she did, and is sorry. I'll let her tell you about it. Here."

It's so saccharine. I hate scenes like this. They aren't real. It's disney shit. Too many romance writers fancy themselves Nicholas Sparks 2.0 and think because his sister did actually find a decent guy when she was dying, all the rest of the unbelievable bullshit is possible. It's not. Or at least, scenes like this do not happen the way they are portrayed. I might accept, your sister is finally coming around. Your sister is figuring out life isn't what she thought. How you presented it missed poodle skirts and a backtrack of orchestral instruments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, always hope when you think there's none

ca_daveca_daveover 2 years ago

@AngelRider you are intitled to your views, I see you always wanted to be a writer. Well why not write a story of your OWN and show us how it is done. Each person who writes does it differently. Just because you do not agree with how a person writes does not mean that everyone agrees with you. I doubt you will read this because you received a mouthful of vomit reading this before. If you do not like a story that's fine. That Jace had gotten Celeste to be HONEST with him and wanted her to be HONEST with Amanda most likely went right past you. That he was using it to bond them all closer together was beyond your grasp. That is surprising with your background. But again write your own story then you can control all the details. This story has a 4.78 rating with 2100 people adding it to favorites. 1.8 million readers. So clearly there are a lot of people that enjoyed the story. The writers here are not b professionals, They share their work freely. So again if you think you know how to write a better story feel free.

qhml 1 be true to yourself and thank you for your stories.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 2 years ago

I'm certain I've read this before, but it was definitely worth another read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My second time reading this.

It’s still a 5 star read.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This guy is a really good writer.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

This story just gets better the second time. Thans for your fine efforts.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

still like this story, one of my favorites, sort of short on the devastation of a cheating, clueless spouse and long (a good long) on many people of good morals and character.

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

Read this three times now, love it

From the break up to finding Amanda

5 stars easily

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Amanda is just about my favorite character on this site. There are a few other that are close, but I would have loved to find an Amanda in my real life.

One thing I can't understand In these stories are the amount of Loving Wives that profess to still love their betrayed husband. I almost would prefer her to just be a flaming bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would have informed Amanda that I hate Physical violence .. They want to have kids and She is trying to his Nuts off of Him .. Time to give her the talk that next time She Grabs My Balls or Dick and try to rip them off I will leave as fast as I can . She would get only one warning .

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

This was exceptionally good. It was so good that while was reading about his second life, I had completely forgotten about his first.

hopelessdreamzhopelessdreamzabout 2 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us. I truly loved your story. Couldn't stop reading once I started. Please continue sharing and releasing any new stories you write. I know they will be as fully developed and fleshed out as this one. Your characters were relatable. Excellent writing from beginning to end. Again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WIMP OF A HUSBAND, SAW HER TRUE COLOURS B4 MARRIAGE YET STILL MARRIED THE SLUT AND AFTER GETTING EVIDENCE OF HER CHEATING HE CHOSE TO NOT GOT SCORCHED EARTH ON THE BITCH!! WEAK WIMP HUSBABD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is undoubtedly the BEST story I have read on here! Thank you.

And ignore the negative fools. Some how, which amazes me, they forget it's fiction.

Again, excellent story!

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooabout 2 years ago

One of my absolute favorite stories here. I just read it again for the third time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Definitely should have been two stories. The first was "ok" (a 3.5 maybe) while the second was superb (definitely a 5).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! After reading some of the critiques, I thought they were for a different story. A wimp?I don’t think they would have been satisfied even if he had killed his first wife. Go figure. Keep writing in this genre. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Well

Didn't like Amanda assaulting Jace like that. That was uncalled for and not humorous at all especially after she admitted hearing everything Jace said. Jace cannot control when or where his ex-wife will show up. He did everything right by rebuffing the ex's advances.

Maybe Jace needed to give Amanda an object lesson by grabbing both of her nipples and pinching them very, very hard. Without letting go and tears streaming down her eyes, he lets her know the deal. "Hurts like hell doesn't it? What you did to me hurt like hell too and you did it twice. You sexually abused me because my ex came up to me. I rejected her advances outright and you know that. Yet, you thought it was funny to cause me pain almost to the point of passing out and abuse my testicles. If you ever think about doing again, junior will end up in a broken family and still may. Do you understand? Well, do you?" She cries out after Jace pinches harder. After letting go, he grabs his car keys and tells her to think about what she did. She can call him to apologize let him know if she if going to be a decent human being instead of a sick person who delights in causing her husband pain for being an honorable man. If not, she can expect divorce papers.

She has little time to decide. Until then, he will stay away from her because he does not want to be in position to protect himself from unwarranted attacks. The choice is hers. Regardless, she needs get counselling pronto to figure out what is her major malfunction to do what she did.

Unfortunately, the authors unfortunate ending cost my rating of the story from a solid five to a so-so three. It's best not to crap all over a decent with a BS ending.

For those who think what I suggested was over the top, ask yourself why sexual assault against a man is acceptable. At least what the man did was in response to her abuse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I share the view of the commenter who said that this should have been two separate stories but I found the drama of Jace's marriage and breakup with Becky far more compelling a read than the meandering tale of his getting together with Amanda. In fact, the best part of the 'Amanda Story' for me was when Jace had his final showdown with Becky.

veteran56veteran56about 2 years ago

Suberb story, very well done.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Excellent story!

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I actually wanted him to hook up with Aida in the end. Still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a great story. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Agreed it should have been two installments. The first was worth a 3 (or a 3.5) while the second was worth a 5 (the system won't let me give it a 6). But there was no need for the "ball squeezing" scene at the end - it seriously detracted from the story (and that's being polite)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story was great but unfinished.

Lee k. 40 miles east of Okeechobee.

TassieTykeTassieTykeabout 2 years ago

A tearjerker, pressed all my buttons.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a real gem. I laughed, I cried, I dribbled snot down my shirt. The only thing missing from this emotional roller coaster was a wood track. Thank you for this rare gem. You even polished it up nicely so it shined bright enough for so many people to notice it, read it, and comment on it.

PhilDub2PhilDub2about 2 years ago

I just finished rereading this story. I found it refreshing, satisfying, and authentic. You wove the threads of the well-drawn characters together very neatly with no loose ends. I also want to commend on your proofreading and editing. I usually download the stories to edit them to my satisfaction (I may be a little OCD about that) and too often it is a monumental task, but I couldn’t spot any grammatical mistakes and only a few typos. That makes reading way more pleasurable.

Gammo21Gammo21about 2 years ago

Oh yes. I wish I could have been that lucky. I experienced the first part but not the second.

great story. Well written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good tale but it seemed like two stories for the price of one. He marries and divorces a skank. Moves away. Then his second story and life begin.

Mojo648Mojo648about 2 years ago

COME ON, PLEASE DO NOT LET IT END HERE.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, well worth 5 stars. Good mix of interesting characters, nicely paced, straightforward and believable plot (the sister was a nice if minor sideline). And a real pleasure to read a story with so few errors, only a few minor typos. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So well done, I'm eager for more, please don't let it die here. Very creative, descriptions were excellent, all of the people were well formed and thought out clearly. A treasure in type. I'm so glad i found this story. I have a feeling I'll be returning to it again.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

Wonder why Becky was so fucked up? Might make a good story. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Unlikable mc, can understand being pissed off as he is but he's a condescending prick.

Fatass47Fatass47about 2 years ago

I loved your story so much the first time I read it. So I read it again. It was just as good the second time. Thanks for an enjoyable story.

40fathoms40fathomsabout 2 years ago

Yes a little longer than most but a very great story thanks for sharing

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

This is one of my favorite LW stories here on Literotica which I re-read every now and again.

I'm really confused as to the Anon below who thinks Jace was condescending... I don't get that at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

God, I was entranced. !!

THANK YOU!

FastreidyFastreidyabout 2 years ago

I couldn’t stop reading 👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

BECKY WAS A SLUT FROM BEFORE MARRIAGE YET THE STUPID CUCK CUNT STILL MARRIED HER. LOSER

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Perfect story that did not need Amanda's sister!! Jace was too easy on his cheating slut wife and that part of the story could have bern reduced

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know it looks like two installments, but I loved reading a good story that had an ending for a change. Well done. You do need someone that wears bikini panties to proof it for you, it reads better, but then again with 787 comments, I am not complaining, just an observation. Good job. Keep writing.

XYZ

BlueHemiBlueHemialmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really liked it but there are two stories here. The first involves Becky and rates maybe a 3.5. The second involves Amanda and is definitely a 6.

That said, the last segment (the ball squeezing bit) really doesn't belong here and actually detracts from the overall story.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99almost 2 years ago

The only thing I didn't like was her squeezing his balls. It was totally unnecessary, and she knew it. I know it was done for humor, but wasn't funny.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

Shouldn't have taken Becky back the first time.

As for the 2nd wife, also physicsal violence is a no no. What if he had squeezed her tits or pinched her clit ?!!

I think you making up for the time he spanked her atop his car. Or, were made to do so.

Those 2 things are not the same though, neither in intent nor delivery.

So, you didn't make them equal. You just made her abusive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks again! I still love happy endings!!

Jim

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

5 stars - I like this story a lot.

BUT please ease up on the whacking, or the squeezing of tender body parts - it really was not necessary. I am just getting on the bandwagon against violence in these Loving Wives stories - like a few of the commenters below.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

All's good except for the thing, that you can't know baby's sex till the end of third month, so Amanda's line is bull**t

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lose the violence, the rest is excellent

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

He got what he deserved for taking her back the 1st time.

leopards and spots and all that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is probably the 2nd or 3rd time I've read this particular story, but it's the 1st time that I've directly made the connection with "MMA Meets MBA", another excellent story by this author. Keep up the excellent work qhml1!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story had all the markings of a masterpiece. Except that there are lots of holes into it. The worse one is who is talking or telling the story? Who is referred to? What the situation is? Etc. The story might be clear in YOUR mind but you should consider the reader who is NOT in your brain and who cannot guess what you are thinking. As it stand now, it is worth a reluctant 4* for me

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A long and complicated but emotionally fulfilling and uplifting tale. Well done. Would suggest a full edit, though, to improve the weaker points as per your other commentators' suggestions.

1...678910...12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories