All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 7)
brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Very good story! Thoroughly enjoyed this read. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fantastic story and as good to read the 25th time as it was on the 1st time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Like others I have read this story at least five times. It is one of the top 10 loving wives stories on this site, maybe the best. It shows the best a man can be without concentrating on his virile nature. Many thanks to the author and his body of works. You are a better person than I am!

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago

Only read it twice

A long time ago I read it and just reread it and it's still good. I didn't hurt to know most of the story in advance. I was also going to read my original comment, but with 603 comments I wasn't about to plod through them to find mine. Somehow the new system allows me to rerate the story and I gave it a 5*. That probably hasn't changed.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
Third read, still great!

You really make this story sing. If there were any mistakes, I did not see any.

One of the best stories on here. Thank you!

It stunned me how Amanda literally evolved from a street urchin into a raging beauty!

Anonymous91Anonymous91about 3 years ago

I read multiple times. One of best.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 3 years ago
First read

Enjoyed it ! Really starting to enjoy your stories this being third or fourth keep up the great work another 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

give me more good shit fam. 5/5

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesabout 3 years ago

You have a knack for writing stories that refuse to let me stop reading them until I have finished it. Your character development is always top shelf and I frequently have trouble seeing for a few minutes from time to time. I guess it must be my allergies that cause my eyes to tear up. This is one of a couple of stories that I read when I get really down, on my self, on people, and on the world in general, and while it hasn't saved me from doing something "crazy"...yet, it helps me to stay sort of above water.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Holy shit this was a good story. Goosebumps for sure holy cow. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I skipped after page 6 when Jace stopped going to see Kathy, his therapist. This is a great well written and well crafted story but I felt that Jace should have reconciled with Becky. For all her faults she did really love him but his own personality and ego let him down. During Jace and Becky's session with Kathy Jace asked how he could ever trust her again. But the author doesn't address any of these as options in the story. Jace could have had Becky sign a post nuptial agreement so that if she cheated again she would walk away with nothing. Becky could have said that she would accept Jace having access to her phone, emails etc. The story doesn't explore why Becky cheated on Jace there's no mention of therapy for her. The author obviously wanted to take the story in the direction of a failed marriage when it could so easily have been a reconciliation story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

my anonymous friend.... he explains why it would not have worked.

how could he keep going whitout trust? how could he be sure she wouldn't do it again? and even if she granted full acess he would remain suspicious, they may have reconciled, but it would be a miserable marriage.

and to explain why we don't see the reason becky cheated, or if she got therapy, i'll explain one basic element of writing:

the narrator (AKA the P.O.V.)

you can have three types of narrators, the internal/partial/personal narrator, the external/impartial narrator and the omniscent narrator.

the mid one is most used when telling a story about someone else, like in a biography

the last one means that the one who narrates the story knows everything happening, everything a charachter thinks and feels in every moment and every place

and last, the personal narrator, the one of the story, this means that the one who tells the story is a charchter in it, and knows only what he felt and what he did, everything else is unknown to him unless someone else tells him, so maybe becky got therapy, maybe she became a better person, or maybe keept thinking that her error wasen't such a big deal

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 3 years ago

Did I comment on this before? Can't remember... Never mind...

Just read it again, and I have to be in the mood for a Loving Wife's story, but this one still stands out to me as the one all the other should be measured by.

As good, if not better the second time around.

JorgancarathJorgancarathabout 3 years ago

Easily the best story I have read in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story. Was looking for sex but the story was so good I couldn't put is down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Several issues in order:

Should have not taken Becky back after the first lie (man in the bar).

The realtor was sexist and disrespectful twice-I would have fired her.

Becky and her cop brother would have been in prison for a long time, or I would make it my life’s mission to ruin the police, DA, and judge. Expose the bias and corruption to the media. I loathe bullies. Abuse of authority is one of the most vile sins that exist.

Amanda grabbing his balls = assault charges and divorce. WTF double standard bullshit! If a man grabbed his wife’s breasts or vagina with enough force to cause her to almost pass out, then threatened amputation of those parts, everyone would want him killed! But if a woman does it, then that’s okay?

Fucked up, man...

Bonnehead7Bonnehead7about 3 years ago

To the guy who posted a reply just recently, I can see that you're def a bitter person and probably unmarried for a reason. I do agree on the ball squeezing; that was just illogical and unfair. Amanda definitely lost a few points from me my first time through. Just excessive. That bit of writing was very stupid to me. But divorce? That easily? Sometimes I wonder why you people bother getting married in the first place. And yeah, there is certainly a double standard no doubt.

About the brother and Becky, by all rights, they should be in prison. But Jace isn't that type of person. He isn't as vindictive as you are. He still had love for the woman. I do agree with the sentiment against bullies and abuse of authority, though.

There was definitely a very "women are like this and men are like that" vibe from the story.

Still enjoy it

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Another fine story by a good author. This could as well been placed under the romantic heading also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I've read this multiple times - loved it every time. The same can be said about so many of Q's stories. 5 stars!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

some paragraphs I had to take time to figure out who was speaking, a name might help

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

To the people who seemed to miss the point of Amanda grabbing his nuts, That was a hint of the old Amanda coming out. The reason for it was he lied to her about who Becky was. I am sure her first instinct was to kick Beck's ass. As much as Jace was for honesty , he lied and down played Becky's place in his past. I am sure he felt it would be better, but he still lied. Think of as her version of the her ass being spanked in the rain. To the author, loved the story and I don't expect professional writing, but love a good story. You did a great job!

malloystermalloysterabout 3 years ago

I almost didn't make it past the first page, because it was pushing some unwanted buttons for me. But I'm glad I kept reading. The first half was a necessary background to the payoff at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Read it before read it again ..still brought tears to my eyes ..good job

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
WHO IS TO KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPEN....WHAT COULD HAPPEN.....TOMORROW

no one knows for sure, even the good guessers. TK U MLJ LV NV

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 3 years ago

I'm hooked! Your writing isn't the porn I usually go for but you sure do write well-rounded stories that I can't put down. love your writing but I do get the idea you're a businessman at heart. On to the next tale, I love'em ........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Wow Karen Is At It Again!

@Meridethx wow you didn't read the story if you're asking those kinds of questions. This is one of the highest rated stories on Lit and you are a clueless idiot if you can't answer your own questions after reading the entire tale. Maybe I need to explain fiction? Or maybe you don't comprehend that all these stories, while maybe based in truth, are made up? These people aren't real and the events are contrived. IMO it's better than the 50 Shades or Twilight bilge. But that is only my opinion. People are entitled to theirs as you are entitled to yours. But your crusade to trash the stories of this author because you abhor strong male leads don't hold water. There are plenty of cuck stories to read on here, leave this author be and go read those since real men are not your thing. Either way none of his fans actually care what you write or that you're stealing oxygen from those who really use it.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

2nd time through and this still rocks!

I doubt anyone will ever knock it out of its place as one of the best in LW's. Its THAT good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is fantastic!!!! It warmed my heart! Your character development was superb!!! I've read your other stories and this is hands down the best. PLEASE stay with it...you have real talent. Thank you for sharing this! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Let Me See if I got this right in my mind . She almost tears his manhood off and doesn't want to have a Child with him until he is 90 .. I would have Divorced her Ass and left her at the Bar . Wow what a Loving Lady .. Not

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's a great story. The characters are well defined my only complaint on stories like this is that we never see things from the cheating wife's perspective. It would be challenging for authors to really get inside the mind of the supposedly cheating but loving wife. Nearly always the cheating wife wants to be forgiven and to be given another chance but we as readers don't get to see why they cheated in the first place or what pain, as a loving wife, they experience.

These stories are always one-sided told from the perspective of the cheated husband.

This is an excellent story well written and well thought out but it's not complete without the cheating wife's experience of the failed marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Epic. It makes me want to twll my story.

SignedBTWSignedBTWalmost 3 years ago

After Having Read This

Story several times before, I had an epiphany:

"We need to talk."

"I was instantly alert. Nothing good ever came after those words, in my experience."

This is absolutely the first and only time I've ever heard anything good come to be after those four words from a woman's mouth, either here or in my own life. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

kinda corny...

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Second reading, still great!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 3 years ago
Outstanding!

I'll piggyback on DazzyD's comment - third reading, not just great but unalloyedly awesome!! So powerful, it matches "Unicorn" as one of my all-time favorite reads on this site. Mega kudos. 5+ stars!!!

WS

DUBLXLDUBLXLalmost 3 years ago

An absolutely beautiful story. Everyone goes through problems. He handled them in a very intelligent manner. His character with his new girl was exemplary, and she respected him as well as loved him. Simply beautiful. Thank you for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This would be a great story on "Father Knows Best" but this is a site for sex stories! You need to find another site to put corny impossible stories like this on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He should never have given her a job. Way too worried about virtue signaling to be believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but I didn't like what Amanda did to his b*lls at the end. Not good! First of all he only just bumped into his ex unplanned. Second he exclaimed his love for his wife. You don't do that to a guys you love!

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198almost 3 years ago

Great story, but grabbing a guy by the balls like that! Not Cool!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would have told the judge: “I’m not going to pay to be brainwashed into staying married to a slut! If you take any action against me, my lawyer will be on the phone with the local news with a story about a bullying judge. Also, I will fund and campaign for your opponent in the next election. Do you still want to order counseling?!?”

ZK

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 3 years ago
Excellent story

I loved it beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Great Story

But would have liked to have you develop more of the story on the back end after he moves south. That part of the story was heart warming and fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely an amazing story. Gave it a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fifty years ago, as a young marine, I used to listen to my fellow jarheads talk like this. It was stupid then

and it's stupid now. Real Neanderthal bullshit. You, sir, are a certifiable male chauvinist pig. This priggish, self

righteous, Christ-complex crap is so out of touch it makes me want to puke. God help any woman who ends

up under your thumb. You are utterly clueless about women. This is a prima facie example of Stone Age male

egocentrism--narcissistic, arguably sociopathic. Get your head out of your ass Mr Man.

metropolitanmusemetropolitanmusealmost 3 years ago

Well yes, several typos, a couple of usage/singular-plural disagreements and... never thought I'd have spent so much time crying while reading a story on Lit - damn, you've cost me a full afternoon, and so I both dread and delight in the thought of what's ahead as I see the number of stories you've got here. I've written a few screenplays, a low budget feature and - I'm damn jealous. Thank you. h

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Its nice to see so many comments, ninety percent positive. I've read this a few times - love it every time. Thank you Q. 5 STARS

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very good one i'm sure it can be made a disney movie with some minor modifications and reduced (Xual) activity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You could have very well have patterned this story after my life. The Slut, cheating wife with multiple men thinking I was to dumb to know. I stayed because of two minor children I couldn't leave with her. Eventuality, I ended up raising my daughter & son alone after the divorce. She didn't even try to keep them. I did find another woman I could trust years later and have lived quietly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

juvenile...

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

I wonder how many others caught the irony of Becky, who swore to never cheat again, tried to get him to cheat with her

DarkCoco69DarkCoco69almost 3 years ago

5 stars

LOVED IT. I would like to make it known that mid 30s is not old 😄

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent

Almost ruined when the cheating cunt came back around. She didn't the big ring and married. She deserved shit. However, our hero made tremendous decsions and had a wonderful life. Way to go.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read this story before. Almost exactly weird for word

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely one of my three favorite stories here on the big "L". I have no idea how many times I have read it, but it has been quite a lot. There have been times when my nightmares kept me up all night and this story helped keep the demons at bay. Amanda is my favorite character of all the stories I have read, and her and Jace have been my friends from the first time I read this. Yes, I know they are fictional characters, but, as I said previously, they have helped me keep my monsters in check more than once.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just loved it! As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate stories lime this, keep it up, thanks.

Undertaker1953Undertaker1953almost 3 years ago

I never leave comments but this one story is so dam good 5 stars and plusses to match loved it it went everywhere and had everything a great story needs well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just finished reading this for the nth time. Its still delivers a strong punch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for this storey - I've just read it for the third time!

I'm sure that the writers here can comment on the technical aspects of it, and are probably qualified to do so. I am just a reader, and I loved it! I can however appreciate to some extent the work that went in to produce this. More please!

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

(7/29/2021)

Okay, I need to apologize; this was my second attempt at reading this story and I must also admit that I will need to go back and read sections at the beginning. I'm a romantic drama happily ever after reader, and after reading stories like "That's What Friends Are For" and "Sales Team" I figured I'd give this story a try since it was on the suggested reading list at the end of these stories. I could not get past the first page believing this was one of those masochistic humiliation cuckold sharing "Loving Wives" stories, so I bailed. I'm glad I returned and reached the end but I'm quite pissed at myself for not being patient and enduring the painful beginning as it jumped around the timeline. IMO, it would have been best not to start with the bar scene, but rather with how he met Becky, then flowing through to the divorce and the beginning of his new life. But that's just me. The ending was great especially having Becky witness his success and happiness. I think Amanda would have wiped the floor with Becky even though she was tiny. Never, ever underestimate a redhead; I have real-life experience. 5 stars.

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

Oh, I forgot to mention that although she wasn't a regular, I loved the character of Aida, the dark goddess with her average size white dildo that in the end, had her own HEF ending with a bun in her oven by her big badass white biker fiance. Can I give this story another star?

SeaChangerSeaChangeralmost 3 years ago

Gifted writer explains how to choose friends.

other2other1other2other1almost 3 years ago

My third time reading this one, the story builds and make you wonder what’s next. the introduction of Amanda gets me each time. And I love that there is a small piece of real closure with Becky at the end.

Really great writing!

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

This is my favorite story on the Literotica site. I know I've read it three times, maybe four. I just posted my first story yesterday and now want to pull it back. I want to write stories like this one. After the failure of his first marriage, the story is great but the dialog is even better. I scanned through a lot of the previous comments and see that many people feel the same way. Maybe I can be just like QHML1 when I grow up but I have to gain a heart like his to do it! Just beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best written stories I have read in 2021. I even teared up near the end. If this doesn't rate 5 stars, nothing does.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

This story has a lot to commend it, and it is well written, BUT, it follows a predictable and pedestrian plot. It morphed from a traditional Loving Wives BTB plot (with Becky) in the first half into a romance (with Amanda) in the second half. There is nothing wrong with that, but it didn’t give me that gut wrenching feeling that comes with a really good erotic story with unpredictable twists and turns, well rounded characters and a creative plot stuffed full of lying cheating unlikeable characters. The MC (Jace) is such a Saint that I expected him to polish his halo. I want my hero’s to be sleazeball cheating bastards. So if you like a ‘happy ever after’ romance then this is the story for you. But if you want an erotic story stuffed full of cheating scumbags, bitches, whores and sluts (like I do), where there is no happy ending, look elsewhere. 3 stars.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Truly, an exceptional and rich story.

One of the best here.

Thanks.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

WOW! Keep up on your writing. Really enjoying your stories. One of my favorite authors here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, although the last paragraph was hurtful. He had just finished espousing his live for his wife. Why did she threatened and hurt him?

rayskibbarayskibbaover 2 years ago

I read Literotica for the sex, pure and simple. BUT, this is a wonderful, very well written story. The details were perfect. This is my very favorite.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Brilliant story, reading for the second time and loving it just as much as first time around. Deffo a favourite to savour.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLover 2 years ago

Incredible beautiful story! Thank you!

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

Bettina "Bang Bang" Burke hahahaha you linked the stories!!!! Great job, I was all smiles when I was listening to this story. I came running out of the kitchen so I could read it for myself. Now I have to go through your entire list of stories to find the other links. Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After rereading this several times, I find I skip to the Amanda parts. Hope you don't feel I am cheating, but Amanda is where is new life really begins. Who doesn't like a happy new life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd buy this if you published it a little longer on Amazon. This was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrific story; it’s one of my favorites. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I'm very happy with Jace's outcome. WOW. I was looking for a story to just cum but found an interesting story that made realize that I need an Amanda in my life. Great story, tho. Looking forward for your other ones. Thank you😁

MellowJoeMellowJoeover 2 years ago

Great stuff! So good I'm making my first-ever comment on Literotica.

I have but two minor nitpicks that I'm almost ashamed to post.

Jace should have let the other guy's wife know he was cheating. He was so upset that nobody told him that he pretty much torched his old life. It was out of character for him to not let her know.

The other one was where Becky's cop brother couldn't quit because nobody else would hire him. Cops get fired for worse things all the time, then move across the country and get re-hired by another department with no repercussions at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More sex, with detail.

Also, more "Romance" or "Mature" than "Loving Wives."

Lastly, GREAT!

Five for you.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This is exceptional story. If you divide number of sentences with number of events in the plot you will get the maximum possible number. As a matter of fact you can read one paragraph per page and then some comments and you will not miss anything.

RakshiLundRakshiLundover 2 years ago

If you are able to move on.

I recommend this story.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Reminds me of something Jan Karon, Miss Read, or Gail Fraser would write, hybridized with a revengeless BTB that recognizes that almost all RAAC is a fantasy for those who want to evade personal responsibility for their actions. Becky does not get burned; she gets made irrelevant. In my experience, this is what the universe does for people who do not take responsibility for their actions. They go into the sociopath, bully, liar, and cheater file and no matter how much they succeed, they remain empty. Great story, a real tear-jerker but it makes its point: love involves the soul, and you cannot substitute for that with words, money, or sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lost for words..great story !

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Outstanding....yet another great one from one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There was no need for her to try and tear his Balls off .. I would have told her that I do not care for Physical Violence . I would have told her One more time and I am gone .

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I kept looking at this title as I do with most I have read and finally decide to at least read the first part again where he tells everybody off for not telling him about his cheating wife. Then of course the excellent writing drew me in again and I had to read all the way thru. Excellent the second or maybe it was third time around including some editing I'm sure.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Came across this one again and could not help myself I read it again and cried again. Great story. Interesting characters. Wonderful writing. Thanks for sharing. John

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love this one, make me happy with just a few tears. I'll be reading it again in a while, can't help it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the very best I've read. Incredable job, a few small gaffs and typos, so what.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My favorite story on this site. A lot of what happened to Jace in the beginning happened to me with the exception being we were married 20 years and had two wonderful boys. My ex cheated on me and chose her "boytoy" over her family and things have gone to hell since. Only now, 6 years later, the boys are older, one having graduated high school and in college in AZ and the other about to graduate high school this year. I yearn to get out there and see the world again. Be with people who like me for me and for my money (no surprise that there are a ton of scammers out there). So, for the meantime, I am careful with my trust and my heart as I will certainly not fall for it again. My heart has been broken a long time now...Hopefully there is someone out there for me as well, because I am jealous as hell for Jace's success!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic! 5 stars. Don't worry about extra chapters when they are written this well. IMHO the extra chapters were essential for character dev. You had Jace nailed early in the 1st part and the others properly as well. A new life,wife & work focus takes more time & words. Jaces growth and happiness seems true to real life. Superior writing and excellent content judgement. Don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A mistake is one time, "A" mistake is not an on-going affair organizing and planning behind a spouses back. Why do cheaters try to say sorry, it was a mistake? Why? Because they were discovered and their selfish happy little world bust open. Those people that do that are the lowest form of human existence, to hurt one you claim to love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow captivating great story thanx for the ride one question though why the hell did Becky's friends and his own mom cover for her like that to garner that kind of loyalty would need an impressive heart ya know just a thought

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. The part I didn't like was the ending where she squeezed his nads til he almost passed out then threatened him. He had NO control over his ex being in that room. How could she expect that in the future? That part really turned me off.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Wow. Great, just great.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

What a fantastic story. It covers so many raw emotions from love to anger, to indifference. I love how Jace stuck to his convictions and would not take her back. Cheating over a period of time us not a mistake. Then for Jace to find true love and happiness again really gave the story depth of emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sooo.....when is the movie coming out .....

and who's gonna play AMANDA ?????

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

As many times I have read this, I can't accept, even as a joke, her threatening him if Becky is even in the same room as him, something that could be totally out of his control.

1...56789...12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories