Anitta Ch. 05: Angel v. Demon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry," Vicky whispers.

Walking over I pull her up and hug her, "I get it, all of this quickly passed crazy street and went to insane drive." I hug her and she sits back down.

"So, the two inquisitor angels are working on their own from what I can tell so far, they have decided the prophecy your family holds can be put off for a decade or two and will attempt to break you up." Megera pauses for effect, this was the exact point for her trip today.

"What! How? No!" were the replies.

'Would they do that?' I ask Anitta.

'Yes, they are investigators, not Inquisitors, their job is fixing any prophecies they deem off track. This one is still on track so this is odd, and all of this is due to Megera's constant presence.' Anita says.

"Prophecy, what prophecy?" Mom asks.

"Neither side can divulge that to you humans as it will alter the course and could ruin the architect's plans, this is where both sides walk in lockstep." Megera smiles at Mom.

"Angels and Demons and prophecy and, God." Mom's eyes get big and Megera nods.

"And the Devil?" Mom asks and Megera nods again.

"Why would we work with you, if you work for the devil?" Mom asks.

Megera sighs, "There are rules in place, and both sides abide by these rules, free will, the prophecies, etc, etc, we THOUGHT James was the next Messiah like your Yeshua," she sees a few faces, "Jesus is how most know him, and that was not allowed to happen so I was sent to, watch or end him." Mom and the others look at me wide eyed.

"He's not, he's just, special, in a way we haven't seen since, well, ever." Megera says and shrugs, so both sides are trying to figure out what to do with him."

'Oh my, it's us being together, causing this.' Anitta says.

'Yeah,' I reply, "So what was the point of the visit?" I ask Megera.

"You all will be together, you will fulfill the prophecy," Megera pauses as my face lights up thinking she slipped. "NOT you, you, I'm speaking of one of you three, she motions to my sisters. Again, we are not allowed to say who it is, or what it is, dummy."

"You," she points at Vicky, "really need to reconsider your manchild though, he is a douchebag of a human that has no future, stay closer to them," she motions to everyone in the room, "and your life will be exponentially better."

"And you," she points at Melanie, "no more crying and worrying about bad things, between Michael and me, nobody will mess with you ever again. You are a right badass and need to get back into shape."

"Go against Angels?" Mom says to me.

"These aren't your cutesy, caring guardian angels, they look at all of you as pawns on a chess board," she sighs, "I had a meeting with my boss who would have used and abused me like he's done for almost a thousand years now, so yes, I'm doing this for me, but the prophecy isn't good or bad, it just is, and to cause it to fail, for no other reason than they are worried about me, is ridiculous."

'She's been truthful the entire time so far.' Anitta says.

"The other thing, I can do," I pause for consent.

'Go ahead.' Anitta says.

"Is to know when she is telling the truth, and everything she's said, so far, has been truthful." I say and finish looking at Mom.

"Interesting, and good to know." Megera looks like she is reassessing me.

"I'm not going to thank you for, erasing, the demon that attacked Melanie," I say but nod my head just a little and Megera smiles. "But, we can keep the same agreement, you stay out of our lives, maybe help if they are in danger, and you can get your licks in." Megera walks over and licks me from chin to temple, laughs, and says, "Thanks."

"I think I'll be answering questions for the rest of the night? If you could let us be?" I ask and she vanishes.

"You didn't tell us?" Em says immediately.

"Both side have told me that everyone that has in the past, ends up in a nuthouse."

'Not, everyone." I can feel Anitta's frown when she says it, but she knows my thoughts on why I said it.

"So your not Jesus the sequel, but you're different," Virginia asks.

"We've know that for years," Vicky says, "You all may not be under his spell, but he always knows the right thing to say or do."

"That's how you knew at the club." Melanie says, she doesn't seem upset.

"I felt their presence, had no idea they were going to go for any of you, but was keeping an eye on them, just in case." I answer.

"Holy shit," Maya says and then covers her mouth, "I mean, wow, this is nuts, nuts and we're part of this? Elaine, Vicky, Em, Virginia, Maya, Cass, Nick, Mel, me, do we need to be twelve, break some bread?

"Shut up," I say and she laughs. "All of this is new to me also, 99% of this has happened since the club incident."

"What do we do?" Em asks.

'I have to tell them, I have to be at least as honest as Megera, and from what I can tell, it won't harm the path.' Anitta asks.

'I trust you.'

"There's more," Anitta's voice came out.

"Jesus!" Virginia says and winces.

"I'm Anitta," she has me look at mom, "your family's guardian angel, I've been with this family for hundreds of years now, and I stay with James for the time being."

"Oh Thank God!" Mom says. "I was worried we were on the wrong side."

"You are not Elaine, you are the glue that holds this family together," Anitta continues, "All of you, are exactly where you need to be, it's just, complicated right now due to all of the factions trying to figure out where James fits in the grand scheme of things."

"You look after him?" Mom asks.

"I look after all of you, always have, always will, James has been kind enough to keep me with him, let me be more involved?"

"You can not talk about any of this, but Jason knows about me."

"Of course he does," Mel says smirking at me.

"Jason has been a great friend to James, he's kept the secret for years, I only recently talked to him as I am doing with you now, and he believed in me from the beginning, he can be trusted, but he doesn't know about the other side, or the prophecy, don't speak of that, please."

Mom jumps up and hugs me, "Thank you, thank you, I was so scared."

"It's fine Mom, I wouldn't go to the dark side," I say in my own voice.

"I know, I know, but she was super scary," Mom says holding me at arm's length looking me up and down.

"Wait, you see, everything?" Maya asks wide-eyed.

"Of course, and don't worry, you are doing great, couldn't be more pleased," Anitta says.

"Why did you ask?" Mom says turning to Maya, and then laughs when Maya stares at her. "I'm just kidding, everyone in the neighborhood with ears, knows what's going on in here."

"Mom!" I say and Vicky laughs.

"Busted," Vicky laughs again.

"Just to be clear, we are on the good side?" Virginia asks.

"Yes, Megera using James to stop the compulsion of her superiors has no bearing on your actions."

"What if others want a piece of James?" Nicky says squinting at me.

"There are no demons stronger than Megera, in her current state." Anitta replies, and she's already shown what she will do if anyone interferes."

"Wait! Is that how you know Mom is almost home and go greet her? And the money!," Emma asks and I nod.

"I had to ensure you all would have the means, to stay together," Anitta says.

"You put us together?" Nicky asks quickly.

"I did not put you together, you did that at the birthday party, I see what 'can be' and then ensured James could manage it, and before you ask, he wasn't told ahead of time either or, he'd mess it all up and then I'd have all kinds of work to try and fix it." She laughs the girliest tinkling laugh causing the women to laugh.

Going to end this here for now, please be gentle on the rating and comments :). The Ranger series has readers in the story itself (Boulder Dash, Soviet Degenday's) was thinking about having some in here also... If I could ever figure out the support the author link it would help, I'm kinda slow on this one.

12