As Close as Possible

Story Info
Mom struggling with alcohol and weight gets help from son.
35.4k words
4.68
95.6k
186
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Notes: This story is a fairly long story. It is about a mother and son, and it contains elements of bbw and hairy pussy. If those are turnoffs for you, then this is not your story. This is my first story on Literotica. My goal with this was to improve my writing skills and create a compelling love story between a mother and son. Please enjoy.

*****************************************************

The familiar sight of a faded blue garage door crept closer as I came to a stop in a driveway. I remembered getting screamed at for using it as target practice for hockey. Mom made me paint the whole thing over after I had chipped the paint in a few spots. That had been back when I was a 10-year-old cocky brat that thought he was going to rule the world. Only 12 years later at the ripe old age of 22, I realized that probably wasn't going to happen. I stepped out of my crappy Honda Civic with well over 100,000 miles on it that came default for every college student that ever lived. Everything I owned from my old apartment filled the car to the brim. Luckily, I didn't have any furniture, just the paltry amount of possessions I had built up over my 22 years.

I made my way to the front door and rang the bell. The jolly sound of footsteps echoed throughout the house. The door swung open and a large woman greeted me with a smile. I stepped forward and she pulled me in for a big hug.

"Hey, Mom. I'm back to live in your basement for the next 20 years."

She squeezed me harder and said, "If you're still here in 20 years, I'll kill you myself." A pair of lips laid a sloppy kiss on my cheek. She pushed me away. "Now, go move everything into your room while I get dinner ready."

I reluctantly began the laborious process of getting my car unpacked and moved to my room. I swung my bedroom door open and admired the barren room. Everything was exactly how I left it. It sort of felt like I was coming back after a long day of high school. I shivered and shook off the feeling. I went to work rearranging the room, determined to eliminate any sense of my high school days. This was a new beginning, and I was not going to be here for long, I told myself. After my masterpiece was finished, I took in the sight.

"Yeah, that didn't do shit." I said. Not much I could do with a bed, dresser, and two nightstands. Oh, well, better start getting everything out of the car and crammed in here again. As I was walking through the kitchen, I was hit by the wonderful aroma of sautéing onions and garlic.

"My God, that smells amazing. What is it?" I asked.

"I thought I'd make some homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Should be ready in a couple hours."

"Oh, that's so fuuu...rickin' awesome."

Mom laughed and turned back around to tend to the sauce. I looked her up and down, and I noticed she was considerably larger than she had been last year. Honestly, she was the definition of pear shaped right now. Her ass proportionally didn't make sense. I put my arms out in front of me and contemplated if I could even fit them around the circumference of her butt. She had always been a little chubby, or at least that's how I remembered her when I was growing up. The last few years she had gotten bigger and bigger, and this last year she really went overboard. I couldn't blame her though. Dad had left her a little over a year ago. Seems that he had an affinity for younger and thinner women. He had ended up eloping to Florida with this hot young grad school chick that had been his student. The timing made me question if that relationship had started before the divorce. She was only a few years older than me, and the whole thing made me uncomfortable. Dad tried to reach out a few times, but I just more or less brushed him off. It was always a sour subject with Mom. I tried to bring it up a couple times, but she made it clear she did not want to talk about it. I think she may have still been in love with him, but all I could do was guess. All my time for the past 9 months had been completely encompassed by trying to pass my classes, so I only saw Mom on the holidays. She had seemed okay the few times I saw her, and she certainly seemed upbeat today. Maybe she had left her feelings for Dad in the past.

After I grabbed the last box out of my car, I looked at my watch. After two hours of being teased with the aroma of simmering red sauce every time I walked through the kitchen, it was finally time to eat. I set the box at the base of the stairs and joined Mom in the kitchen. She was plating up a huge pile of spaghetti and meatballs. My mouth was watering at the sight. I looked at the giant pile of pasta and wondered if I could even finish it, but I guess I was up for the challenge. She walked over to me, and I held out my hands.

"There's another plate on the counter. You can take however much you want." She said as she walked past me.

'No way can she eat all that,' I thought. I grabbed the rest of the spaghetti and meatballs and joined her at the table.

"This looks amazing." I said.

"Yeah, it turned out pretty good, didn't it? I usually don't slice the garlic like I did this time. I usually just crush it. I think it added a different element to the dish." she said as she went to town on the spaghetti. I had to admit, this was pretty spectacular. I had never spent more than 20 minutes making spaghetti, let alone making my own sauce. All that extra time and effort shined through.

"So I'll probably just be sending out applications for the next however many weeks. Hopefully, I won't be here too long." I said.

"You can stay as long as you like. It's nice to have you back, so take your time, okay? It'll be a good change of pace to have someone to talk to at home. Usually, I just ramble on during a show without realizing I'm not talking to anybody. It could be real embarrassing if anyone was here, but I guess if someone was here then I wouldn't be talking to the tv."

"Thanks, Mom. But for real, with meals like this I may never leave." If there was one thing she could do, it was ramble on about whatever had crept into her head. Most of the time it was endearing, but occasionally I wanted to tell her to shut up. I took her in as she filled up on spaghetti. She had her long dark brown hair tied back in a ponytail. She had a slight double chin and her face looked a little chubby, which, despite her weight before, hadn't happened until now. Her skin had always been ghostly pale. I guess she didn't fancy going to the beach at her weight, which was a shame, because I always thought she was beautiful. She always had the most amazing eyes I'd ever seen. They were a gorgeous baby blue, and they seemed to make her smiles ten times more infectious. Her breasts had only gotten bigger this past year. Which I wouldn't have thought was possible, because they were already enormous. I honestly felt bad for her bras. I looked down at my half empty plate and then to Mom's plate. It was nearly empty. God, she wolfed that down quick. She was pouring herself a second glass of wine and tipped the bottle towards me. I graciously accepted a glass and finished off my meal. I figured I should probably do the dishes since Mom cooked, and boy did I hate dishes. I guess that's one of the reasons why I never cooked. I heard the tv turn on as Mom sat down pouring herself the rest of the bottle of wine.

Soon I was back in my room and browsing my laptop while laying on my newly positioned bed. I had no interest in looking into jobs tonight, so I decided to just watch some porn. I got a flashback of my nights in high school doing the same thing after putting off my homework for yet another day.

The next day I woke up at the crack of noon. The first five hours consisted of me browsing job listings and talking myself out of putting in the time to apply. Before I knew it, it was 5:00, and I was on the couch in the living room flipping through the channels. I heard the garage door and not long after Mom was walking through the front door.

"I think I'm having déjà vu," she said, "I can't even remember how many times I've walked in on this scene in the past."

"Ugh, don't remind me. I've been trying to shake that feeling since I got here."

"What's so bad about that? Didn't you enjoy those days?"

"I just don't want to get back in the same routine as I had in high school. Wasn't all that productive."

"Well, you spent all day applying to jobs, didn't you? How many did you apply for?"

Then it sank in that I didn't apply to any. "Ughhh, my God. Maybe I am falling back into my old ways."

She let out a hearty laugh, "How about we go grab some dinner? There's a nice place that opened up recently. They have a tasty chicken sandwich. It has a siracha maple sauce, pickles, and a side of waffle fries with seasoned sour cream."

I felt my mouth start watering, "Holy crap, that sounds good. Yeah, let's go." I rushed to take a shower while Mom got ready. We ended up getting a table on the patio outside. There was a swanky fireplace right next to us and young couples littered all the tables. This place was certainly happening. Mom ordered a fruity cocktail, and I got a craft ale.

"When did you find this place?" I asked.

"Oh, a few months ago Donna, you remember Donna, don't you? She's the one that would come over every once in a while for drinks. Blonde. She's Tom's wife."

"Sure," I said. I did not remember Sarah.

"Well, anywho, she wanted to have her birthday party here, so a bunch of us got together. She tried to drink the whole party size margarita herself. It didn't go well. That was about the time Carrie was getting a divorce and --"

"That sounds great!" I said, hoping to interrupt the impending monologue.

"So why didn't you apply to any jobs today? I thought you wanted to get out of the house as soon as possible."

"I mean, I wanted to. All I did was look at jobs for about five hours, but I kept talking myself out of each application."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Some of them I didn't think I'd have a shot at. Some I didn't think would want me because of my degree. Others I just thought I wouldn't like the area."

"Sweetie, you have to put yourself out there. You'd be surprised at how many openings get filled with people who think they don't have a shot. Plus, I know you'd do great in any interview you get. You just have to have a little more confidence. I know we have an opening in the sales department. I might be able to put a good word in for you."

"Thanks, but I think I'll try to find a job on my own."

"Oh, don't want your momma's help. My big man wants to do it on his own." Just then the waiter walked over with our food.

"Thank God." I said as a big juicy chicken sandwich stared me in the face. Mom had ordered an entire loaded baked potato in addition to her sandwich.

"Can I get another one of these?" She asked as she pointed to her empty cocktail glass. "Looks like you're driving, huh?"

"I guess so." That chicken sandwich didn't stand a chance. Well, neither of ours did, I guess. I thought I'd win this time, but she devoured meal and her drink before I was even close. We ordered another round and talked for a bit. She had gotten even more loose lipped with the drinks in her. I heard stories of which of my friends' moms cheated on their husbands, which ones were swingers, and which ones were sex starved. As always, it was more info than I ever needed, but I was entranced by all the gossip. As long as I can remember, I always told people I wasn't into gossip, but that was a huge lie, no matter how true I wanted it to be. She even went on and on about an episode of the Real Housewives of Orange County. It seemed she always had her finger on the pulse of anything drama related.

"So anyway, Carol's on her third husband, and I'm pretty sure this one won't last either. I have a feeling she just wants to spend his money, and no guy likes to find out he's married to a gold digger."

"Speaking of, have you been dating anybody? I haven't heard of anything on that front." I said.

She winced at the question. "No, I haven't been dating anyone." She finished off her drink and motioned the waiter for another one.

"Well, why not?"

She seemed annoyed, "Because I haven't been dating anyone, okay? It's not like any guy would be interested anyway. Not when I look like this..."

"Mom, come on. I know a ton of guys would be interested in you."

"Sorry, but I ain't buying it." She said crossing her arms.

"Seriously, I always thought you were beautiful...well, sexy actually. I've caught myself staring a few times. Also, there's a couple drinks in me, so that's like truth serum."

She blushed and shook her head, "Yeah, sure."

"I mean it. And to quote a great woman, 'You have to put yourself out there. You'd be surprised at how many openings get filled with people who think they don't have a shot.'" My face went red as I realized the phrasing.

Mom nearly spit her drink out laughing, "Okay. I'll keep an eye out for someone to fill my opening, Honey." I felt my face get even redder. When we got up from the table, she stumbled a little bit, so I went over and offered my arm.

"Ohhh, looks like we got a prince charming over here." She said as she hooked my arm. We pulled into the driveway and hopped out of the car. I started to walk inside.

"What, I don't get an arm this time?" She pouted.

"Oh, how could I forget?" I said as I stepped around the car and offered my arm. She took my arm and we made our way to the living room. She plopped onto the couch, and I went to grab the remote.

"Can you open up a bottle of wine? There should be one above the fridge." She asked.

"Umm, sure. I guess tomorrow is Saturday, so why not?" I grabbed a couple glasses and opened up the bottle. Mom had already started surfing for shows when I got to the couch. I poured us each a glass and handed her one.

"Oh, my God, I love this show." She seemed to have landed on one of the housewives from wherever bullshits. I guess it was an okay show to watch while intoxicated. "Okay, so that one is Samantha. She's a real bitch. I'm talking like that one in the group everyone hates, but for some reason they still invite to everything. You know, probably just so they can talk about her later. Oh, and that one's Janet. She's the conniving manipulative one. You gotta watch out for her. Although, anyone that has a brain can probably tell. Maybe that's why no one in this show notices." She snuggled up to me as she rambled on while we polished off the bottle of wine. Seemed that she couldn't get enough of this show, or any show with housewives in the title. Before long, I was barely able to keep my eyes open, and I decided to call it a night. I looked around and the room was starting to spin a little.

"Well, I'm sufficiently tired and drunk. I'm probably gonna hit the hay." I said.

"Ahh, okay." She said disappointed, "Good night, Sweetie." I leaned in for a hug and she grabbed my face and planted a big wet kiss on my lips. It caught me off guard, because we were more of a hug family, definitely not a kissing on the lips family. I mean, It's not like there was tongue, but still.

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning." I said as I stumbled to my room. I managed to brush my teeth and put on pajamas without too much embarrassment. I watched a few YouTube videos and I remembered I left my phone on the counter, so I headed back to the living room. I grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter, and I thought I heard some moaning. I looked over to the living room. I could barely see over the top of couch to catch the upper half of the tv. It looked like Mom had turned on skinemax. I listened closely. She had the volume turned way down low, but it seemed she couldn't control her volume as she must have been masturbating. I felt my cock start to swell as her moans got louder. My hand went down to my cock and I started stroking. Immediately, I realized what I was doing and stopped. I went up the stairs as quietly as I could and fell onto my bed. I pulled out my laptop and pulled up BBW porn and blew my load in about a minute. I was out in no time.

The next morning, I shot awake at 8 a.m. with a rumbling stomach. I rushed to the bathroom and spent the next half hour expelling demons. I immediately remembered why I never drank. Most of my friends would get headaches as hangovers. Not me. I was always nauseous the entire next day, which, in my opinion, was way worse. I made my way to the kitchen. Mom was already up and at 'em.

"Good morning, Sweetie. How'd you sleep?" she asked.

"Ughhhh," I groaned.

"Little hungover, are we?" she teased.

"Yeah, aren't you? You had more to drink than I did."

"No, I feel great! But let's get you something for that hangover. Little hair of the dog?" she pulled out a bottle of vodka, and I nearly barfed. That got a laugh out of her, "Just messing with you. How about a nice greasy sausage egg sandwich?"

"Oh, God. I wish. Got anything that doesn't taste or smell like anything. My stomach's a mess."

"Hmm, I guess some toast or maybe some oatmeal?"

"Ugh, I suppose oatmeal."

I spent most of the day on the couch watching tv trying to recover. I was in between naps when Mom walked in and sat down.

"Geez, that bad, huh?" she said.

"Ehh, it's not so bad anymore. My motivation is though."

"Come on, it's 7:00. You don't want to do anything?"

"Holy crap. It's 7 already? I've done nothing with my day..."

"How about we go for a movie then?"

"Okay, sure. What did you have in mind?"

"How about the new Charlie's Angels? That one seems fun."

"Yeah, that sounds great!" I lied.

The familiar lights of the cinema marquee lit up the parking lot. My mind went back to the days when my buddies and I would buy tickets to PG-13 movies and try to sneak into the R-rated films. We never got caught, or maybe they just didn't give a shit. The outside looked exactly the same as it always did, but the inside had been overhauled to match AMC's theaters. They had those kiosks where you buy an assigned seat. We ordered two seats next to each other and made our way to the snack bar. When I went with my friends, we would never buy any snacks. It was always just assumed that you would sneak something in. Mom got a bunch of snacks and sodas for us. When we got to our seats I was impressed. The chairs were those updated leather recliners. Mom sat down next to me, and she seemed to be a little big for the seat. Not like she wasn't able to fit, but it didn't look too comfortable. I reached for the armrest between us and folded it up. Mom had an embarrassed look on her face.

I thought fast and said, "Now we can snuggle up for the movie." I put my arm around her and pulled her in tight. She smiled and loosened up a little bit. I felt her rest her head on my shoulder as the movie started up. It was really nice. Throughout the movie I felt her snuggle in closer and closer. At times she would absent mindedly rub her fingernails on my chest. Midway through, she was almost laying completely on top of me. Her massive breasts resting on me were hard to ignore, and it was taking a lot of willpower to keep my mind on the movie. The action scenes made it easier, but this certainly was a piece of shit movie. I tried to enjoy it for what it was, but I'm kind of a nit-picky dick when it comes to movies. Mom was having a blast. During the "jokes," she would die laughing while smacking my chest, which would in turn make me laugh. I felt a wave of disappointment when the movie ended. Mom wasn't in any hurry to move, we sat there through the credits just holding each other. I didn't want to leave the seat, not with the big soft creature holding me.

The credits finally ended, and I felt her stir. I reluctantly let go as she stood up to walk out. To my surprise, Mom hooked her arm through mine as we started towards the exit. She was still giddy about the movie and was talking my ear off about what she thought of it. The halls were filling with people heading toward the exit and talking about the movies they saw. I noticed a couple of middle schoolers pointing and snickering at us. One of them put his hands out to imitate a fat person and puffed to cheeks. I sneakily shot him a middle finger behind Mom's back. I looked ahead and I locked eyes with Mom. I winced, realizing that she probably saw everything that happened in the mirror up ahead. I saw her chin drop and her smile disappear. It immediately put a knot in my stomach. As soon as we stepped outside, I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her in tight for a hug.