As We Walk Hand In Hand

Story Info
A couples walk in life.
1.8k words
2.29
13k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I met my wife when we were in grade school and had known her since we were a bout ten years old. We became best friends and after we graduated high school we became lovers. We went on to college together and we decided after graduating college to marry. We went to many wild parties together and neither of us ever stayed. Once near the end of our Junior year in college we parted for a few months.

She was upset with me about something I had said at a party we were at together. I had made some comment about a couple who were long time lovers just as we were and we saw them with other people at that party. I said some thing off the walk about the fact they were seeing how deep the water was off shore. Kelly flew mad instantly and ask if I thought the water should be tested by us? I tried to tell her that had nothing to do with how I felt about us or our situation. She in turn ask exactly what I had meant when I said what I had said?

I said I really was not sure I had meant anything related to us. They being a long time couple seemed to be exploring what it felt like being with someone else?

She in turn ask if I meant sexually? I said it did seem as if they might be going to see about just that, Yes.

"So is that what you think long time couples should do?"

"No, not at all. It just looks like that may be exactly what they may be doing?"

She informed me that she knew both of the couple and neither would do that. She was pissed and I had no idea why? As the evening went on both the guy and the girl continued dancing and spending time with other people and not with each other. Kelly stayed away from me as if I had done something wrong. I saw her drinking much more than usual and then talking to the girl from the long term couple.

As the evening went on longer I then saw her talking to the guy of the long term couple and them dancing with him lots. Kelly refused to talk to me at all. I finally gave up trying to talk about what I had no idea what I had done. I saw the girl then leave with the guy she had been with all evening. I turned and walked back into the room where the bar was and talked to some friends for a bit. When I returned to the dance area Kelly was gone. I looked every where.

I then realized that the guy of the long term couple didn't seem to be around either. My thoughts were really quite pure, that Kelly had gone with him to check on his girl friend's where about. We were not living together at that time but she did stay over at my apt lots. I guessed she was really pissed about something and she went back to the dorm?

I could not find her the next day. And I looked and checked by phone but only got her message service. I checked her dorm and was told she did not seem to be in. I was at a loss as to what the trouble between us could be? I ran into friends of hers who said they knew nothing that could be a problem. I did ask about Andy and Lynette and if they were having trouble? I was told they had broken up. And were dating others now. In fact one girl told me they had both left the party with other people and were both still with others.

I really didn't know either of them very well. But the girl told me that there was a girl Andy wanted to sleep with and Lynette had not taken it well. Lynette had left the party the other night with another guy. She had said she was going to fuck him at his place. I really was not paying any attention but she said he was a black guy. And she did admit that Kelly had left with Andy because he was so upset Lynette had left with this black guy.

I ask if she had any idea where they had disappeared to? She said she thought they had gone to Andy's apt? I couldn't figure out why they had gone to his apt if they were looking for Lynette? Several more days and nights with no sign of Kelly. It was over a week before Kelly showed up at my apt. I was nearly frantic by that time.

I began to fire questions a her and she held up her hand.

"I am still a little upset with you so let's just keep all the questions to yourself."

Now I have to admit I was not in the mood for bull shit and I was upset enough with her disappearing for a week I could not believe her stance. I turned and walked back inside my apartment and yelled Get Out. I heard the door shut quietly.

Two weeks went by as I turned to normal college life. I did not look for Kelly and I guessed she did the same. If I saw any of her friends I made a point of going the other way. The two weeks turned into a month and then two. I never caught sight of her in over two months. A good friend of ours ask if I had seen her? I told him No and tried to move on, but he stopped me.

"She ask me about you today."

"Ok, and what did she need to know?"

"Just if I had seen you, how you were, and if you had ask about her?"

"I have no idea what happened or what I did but she disappeared for a week for I know not what?"

"It was about Andy and Lynette Is what it was about."

"Maybe, but what I said was nothing to do with us."

"Yes, but she thought it was."

"So why did she think it was about us? Andy was trying to take a break from Lynette because he wanted to fuck some other girl. And Lynette ran off to fuck some other dude. Kelly went with Andy to help find her."

"You don't have things quite figured right yet, David."

"So what am I missing?"

"Andy and Lynette were not the only ones who were to take a break for a while. You and Kelly were going to too."

MY brain stopped dead.

"So Kelly was who Andy wanted to fuck? And she didn't leave to help him find Lynette they went to his apartment to fuck."

"I am not sure she ended up at his apt to just fuck but she was there a week and I don't think she wore clothes at all the time there. Then she came back to you and got a cold shoulder and you kicked her out. She went back to Andy's for a couple week, but she moved back to the dorm after that and is waiting for you to come talk to her."

The semester was just about over and as I finished it out I put in a Transfer to as far away as I could get and found a job out near the school for the summer. I never went home I drove right to the coast. I had been there three weeks when I came out of work one night and her car sat beside mine and she stood between them.

"So what do you want?"

"The last time I saw you, you ask all kinds of question I refused to answer. I will answer them now."

"I got all of my answers just not from you."

I saw her face sag and tears well up and fill her eyes. She dropped her head and softly began to cry. She turned a vomited between the cars. As she wiped her mouth and looked at me.

"So you don't want me anymore?"

"I didn't think you gave me much of a choice did you?"

She looked down again.

"I was so ashamed I couldn't answer your questions then. I knew you didn't know so I thought I could bluff my way through it. Then you didn't come back home and I found out you'd left school and did a transfer. I knew you did know then. So Andy killed both of our long term relationships?"

"So Lynette didn't come back?"

She shook her head no.

"So we have no chance at all?"

"I don't see one. You hurt me and made me think I did something stupidly wrong. When it was really you wanting to be wrong. It killed something in me."

I turned and walked away. I walked for an hour and circled back to my car. Hers was gone, And I drove to my apt. I finished school and graduated next semester. I moved back to our home town. I had been home for two weeks when I saw Kelly. Some one told me she had come back to school and finished. I had rented an apt near the store I was now working at until I got the job I wanted. I got home after work and found Kelly on my door step.

"Have you punished me enough yet?"

"Is that what you think, I am punishing you?"

"David I made one really stupid mistake and you dumped me forever? I have loved you since we were ten and I hoped you felt the same? Yes I was very stupid and got curious about someone else and flattered he wanted me."

"So you needed to know about it and you went and had sex for a month with him?"

"I didn't mean to. I really didn't. He was so upset she had gone off with the guy. And I felt so sorry for him. And it just happened. All it did was make me know exactly how much I love you."

Slowly, very slowly we began to see each other. Over the next year we dated and bonded again. And two years later we married. And Ten years later and 2children we had the perfect life. We were as happy as we could be. Then Kelly came home from work one day.

"David I have a new manager at work."

"Do you like him so far?"

"Yes, I like him just fine. In fact I have liked him for a long time."

"Oh, enough to want him to fuck you more?"

"How did you know it was that Andy?"

"An old friend told me he was coming here to work."

"He has ask me out to dinner."

"Is this something you would like to do Kelly?"

"Only with your permission David?"

"When are you going out do you know."

"Yes, if you permit it, this Saturday night."

"Will you be late, Kelly?"

"Yes, Sweetheart very late."

I smiled at her.

"Go, have a good time, Kelly."