Authority Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Obviously, the nurses were talking and probably they were working each other up against him.

Their expressions when they saw him, the way they looked at him when they were in the room...

It was almost hostile.

This made him feel insecure. Especially Evelyn. And Alice, the red haired one.

They were doing their work and leaving, enduring his artificial complaints or warnings without a single emotion on their faces. They weren't this intimidating when they were slutty.

And he received another 'wise' suggestion from Ava after they brought her back to the room.

"Mansplaining shows inferiority", which was said completely without any context. She didn't explain what she meant.

He knew this was about what he told Alice and Evelyn when they brought Ava back from ultrasound, as they were transferring her to the bed.

He thought it was time to interfere again and said "You should have used some sheets to carry her, not to hurt her back."

As if they didn't know. Probably something was spilled on the sheet and they had to remove it from under her. And, she didn't have a major surgery, they just didn't want her to move much for a few days.

They didn't even look at him; they fixed her and left silently before Ava shared those thoughts with him.

He didn't understand why she got angry with him for that because she was the one who made him act like this. Either there was a thin line between mansplaining and supervision or she was doing it on purpose to make him nervous.

On the other hand, he was acting completely different when Hazel was in the room. She looked so sweet and naive that he couldn't even think of upsetting her, even when she made real mistakes or clumsy work.

Ava noticed that too.

"I hope this is about you being a softy, not about how beautiful her eyes are."

It was the fourth day and he was finally getting adjusted.

He learned the routines there.

The doctors were visiting every morning, sometimes a nutrition specialist was coming and checking some papers, asking a few questions she already asked before.

In the first two days, he was sleep deprived. The nurses were visiting their room almost every hour. They were opening the door loudly, turning the lights on, doing their thing.

He was showing how this annoyed him but they kept ignoring him. Most of the time, they left without turning the lights off.

That night, the fourth night, Ava's phone's charge was completely drained and they realized she didn't bring her charger there. She told him to find a matching charger.

For a timid person, this was a very hard task. For him, when all the nurses hated him, it was mission impossible.

"I'll buy you one tomorrow. They wouldn't give it to me even if they have one."

"Oh, grow some balls and learn to talk to people!"

He silently swallowed her words and kept sitting there, hoping that this conversation was over.

But Ava didn't let him. She told him that she was missing a fun chat with her friends because of him. Then she started to tell him how a 'real man' would control the overall place. He understood that Ava without a phone was pure hell. He walked out and headed to the nurses room.

The door was closed and he opened it, moved his head in to peek. He saw Alice there, watching TV. She didn't have the nurse uniform on, she had shorts and socks, her feet resting on a table.

"Excuse me, by any chance, do you have a charger for this phone?"

She looked at him, he saw her tongue moving in her mouth, beneath her cheeks. Then she looked at the TV again and kept watching, without responding.

Then he saw Evelyn, walking towards Alice in her shorts, with a mug of coffee in her hand.

"I'm sorry, err, Evelyn? Is there a charger for this..."

"This is nurses room, as it says on the door. You can't come in this room like that. Don't ever open this door without being told. Go to the front desk and wait there like everyone else."

He was shocked when she talked to him like this, it felt personal. But he figured that this wasn't the case, not necessarily. He saw nurses talk to other patients like that in those four days.

This wasn't a situation where he could say "I want to talk to your supervisor". He already had an idea of how their minds worked. They weren't ideal professionals, that was for sure. But they knew their job description very well.

Without neglecting any of their duties, they treated the patients as if they were doing this as a charity. They probably believed that they were inferior to them. When, on occasion, patients like Ava arrived, they were hitting the wall once and then adjusting themselves to this situation. They were doing their work without crossing any boundaries, making sure that they didn't give such people any rightful reason to file complaints about them.

But in such a case, when it wasn't about their duties, they didn't feel the need to care who that patient was. They were putting them in their places, no matter who they were.

When he was saying "I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to disturb...", Evelyn walked towards him probably with the most attractive legs he ever saw and closed the door on his face.

He looked around, feeling ashamed, lingered there a few seconds and then walked to the floor desk. His mind was wandering, trying to process what happened.

The nurses had their room visits every couple of hours and they also spent a short time at the floor desk every half an hour or when they visited the rooms. He waited there. Still trying to focus on what happened.

He was scolded by a nurse like a child. That hurt his ego very much.

But he was having trouble focusing on that because of the sight he saw in that room.

Alice had a tank-top and some shorts - he couldn't be sure if they were shorts or a type of loose underwear - which looked hot. Her legs and feet in white, cheap looking socks, resting on the table were very attractive. She had a fit body.

Then, Evelyn. She had short shorts and a t-shirt. She had similar socks and her legs looked incredibly beautiful.

And, the way those beauties treated him. They didn't see him above themselves in any way.

He was getting this feeling since he arrived that hospital. From every woman he met. Including Ava. They were all treating him in a way he never saw before. He was familiar with women being indifferent to him and he had rude clients. But not like this; none of the women in the hospital treated him as if he was a person.

Ava always criticized him, teased him about his actions, in a way he would prefer to describe as 'womansplaining'.

Evelyn was another case. Even before he started to do his artificial 'manly' acts, even when she was flirtatious with him, he didn't see it as she was into him. It was different somehow.

He didn't know if there was such a thing, when it was about men. But he could say she was 'objectifying' him. Like a man would try to fuck a girl before sending her home.

And after changing his behaviors towards them because of Ava, she started to look at him as if he was a bug.

Alice always looked at him like he was a bug. Only, in the beginning, she probably thought he was a pretty bug to play with.

That wasn't all. There was a female companion in one of the rooms on their floor.

She was there for her husband. And whenever she saw him, she was staring at him, making him feel uncomfortable. She was looking at him as pervs or gang members would look at women passing by them. He was sure that she was checking his ass when he walked away. Time to time, she had a hair scarf on her head. And she wasn't changing her clothes, she always wore those cheap sweatpants, thick socks on her feet, in cheap slippers. He couldn't be sure how to define her, a gypsy or a white-trash?

And even that woman could make him feel vulnerable. She looked like she was wishing to catch him alone, to force herself on him.

This was like a parallel universe for him. Where women weren't that demure.

Except Hazel. She was sweet.

There was another problem, this unfamiliar, uncivilized behaviors started to turn him on. Even that female companion and the things he feared that she could be fantasizing about him.

He could talk to Mia once since she left because of the time difference. She had meetings and other arrangements such as dinners or events there.

If she wasn't that nice, he would also be wondering what she was doing there.

Finally, Evelyn walked to the desk in her loose uniform. The uniform that was designed to hide everything beneath it. The killer of all nurse fantasies. But she still looked hot. She, in her nurse uniform started to look almost as hot as she was in her shorts. Definitely hotter than how she looked in the first days.

"Yes?" with a bored expression.

"I need a charger for my phone." He acted as if nothing happened, as if she didn't just crush his dignity a few minutes ago. To him, that was a huge event.

"This is not a phone store." and she started to classify the forms which were left on that desk since her last visit.

He showed the phone to her "Maybe you or any other patients have that kind of a phone?"

She looked at him, without looking at the phone and turned back to her papers.

He stared at her, she ignored him and he walked back to the room.

Thinking about Evelyn and the nurses room, he forgot Ava and his mission.

Ava watched him enter the room and sit on the couch.

"Really? Oh, you are really useless."

On top of his recent experience, this made him sink deeper. And Ava was very eager to go on.

"I don't understand what's wrong with Mia. Her ex, Roland, at least tried to act and look like a man. He was successful at work; I never saw him in jeans or a t-shirt which is clearly a uniform for you. Also, I believe he is better than you in certain tasks and areas. You? After him? To me..."

She was constantly talking. She was choosing her words carefully, poking her pins where it would hurt the most.

"... all men are pathetic but at least I could hear my Mia most nights, when she lived in my building, upstairs. It was music to my ears, listening to my sweet girl's happiness for hours. I can say that she couldn't get used to him even after months."

What was she talking about? How could an aunt say such things? Knowing why she was doing that didn't help. This was his girlfriend she was talking about. Was she telling him that he was hung? That a hung man had been roughing her up? For hours? What kind of an aunt was that?

Also, she didn't know anything about Laurie's appliance, how could she assume this would make him...

Unless Mia told her...

He could picture her talking to Ava, saying 'Laurie is very nice, but he lacks what Roland had, nobody's perfect'. His stomach was having cramps.

"I can say he was a good musician. The interesting timbre he could bring out from her wasn't anything like I heard that night. When she was with you. I guess she faked it."

'Faked...' Laurie's head started to physically hurt. 'That was what I thought. Why would she do such a thing?' He couldn't understand, this made him feel smaller.

She probably knew Ava would talk like that and she tried to save Laurie's facade. He couldn't be sure if that was mostly sweet or disturbing.

Ava waited him to digest her words and continued.

"When she was with Roland, time to time she walked funny."

He wanted to scream. He wanted to insult her.

"She walks perfectly normal these days, thanks to you. I once had a..."

Laurie was showing the jealousy and the inferiority he was experiencing. His sweet girlfriend being described like meat. Him, being compared to her ex-lover, like an incompetent imitation of some real thing.

On the other hand, he was still trying to keep listening. He wasn't hearing her at the moment but there was an absurd urge to listen to her.

Ava being Mia's aunt wasn't the only reason.

He recognized that strange sensation. This conversation was making him feel the same disturbing, confusing way. Just like what he felt when Evelyn talked to him. He was experiencing a mysterious reaction to those humiliating, spiteful words of these women.

"Anyway, I tried to convince her not to leave him. But no worries. He'll be back with a snap of her fingers. Even if he gets married. As any man would be. She knows that. That's why she's so comfortable. That's Mia we're talking about."

He wished he smoked. He would go out and empty his mind, at this moment and every other hour.

In fact, he was unconsciously getting used to this mood. His confusion started since they arrived to this hospital. He was never comfortable.

Ava, then the nurses, followed by that companion lady. No, not lady, it didn't fit. She was a trashy woman but she had the curves and she practiced all those alarming, primitive female advances on him.

He couldn't believe how such a woman thought she had a chance with him. Even worse, he had a moment thinking about how it would be with her, with such a woman.

And his strain was increasing, under duress, because of Ava, once again.

He stood there, waited for her to finish her torture, vomit her hatred. Just because he couldn't find a charger for her phone.

On the other hand, he could also sense that there was something related to sexual tension there.

But how? And why? He wouldn't say he was aroused but he knew arousal was hidden somewhere in all those strange, consecutive occasions. He just didn't know who was getting aroused. Him? Them?

He wondered if those women found some sort of a sexual thrill, acting like that. If so, why was he voluntarily enduring this? Why was he almost expecting another incident to happen?

"To me, men are like cattle, livestock for women. Some are like cows, for women to milk. Some are bulls, for women to breed. And of course, for some other purposes..." That wasn't a clear smirk on her face, it was more disturbing. She was evil. And he felt that first tingle on his cock looking at her.

Knowing that he was being played with, he was mindlessly listening to her. What for? For this little arousal? It couldn't be it; he didn't know he would feel like that until this moment.

After Ava finally stopped talking and slept, he walked out. When he was walking past the desk, his mind elsewhere, he accidentally touched the file tray, which was probably mostly off-balance. And it fell, with all the forms and other paperwork in it.

Hearing the noise, Alice walked out of the nurses room and saw that.

"Are you stupid? What's wrong with you?"

He was very embarrassed and he tried to walk away.

"Excuse me? Where are you going? You will come here, collect them and put them in order carefully, according to the timestamps on them. Call me when you're done, I will check it. You moron."

Normally, he would snap at this point.

He would at least use a sentence, with the words 'your supervisor' in it. This was unacceptable. He was almost sure he could put her in trouble for talking to him like that.

But that sensation wasn't going away. Those women weren't letting it go. Seeing her arms crossed at her chest, standing confidently in front of him, looking up at him, without any doubt that he was going to do as she told; this wasn't helping.

And he slowly stepped behind the desk, trying not to touch the angry nurse who was blocking half of the way, without moving even a bit. He kneeled, looking at her face and started to collect the papers. Her expression didn't change. There wasn't victory in her eyes. She was used to see people swallowing her insults in this place and she was used to see them do as she told them.

He started to get it. He couldn't put a name on that but it had to be about some sort of a natural hierarchy in this place.

He looked down and collected all the papers. When he looked up, she wasn't there. She made sure her orders were understood and left. She didn't even need to stay to supervise him, to make sure he didn't leave before doing what she said. She knew he was going to do it.

In ten minutes, he was standing behind the desk, putting the forms in order.

Alice left the nurses room again and walked away, without even looking at him.

Then Evelyn walked out and saw him.

"What are you doing? Why are you behind the desk? What did I tell you? Why are you meddling with our papers?"

"I..." she finally managed to make him feel like he was in a position to answer to her.

"Nurse Alice told me to put these in order."

She stared at him for a few seconds and walked away without saying anything. She didn't know he tripped them over. She also didn't wonder why Alice gave him this task; she wasn't even curious.

He was understanding bit by bit.

Yes, it was about authority. Nurses were the ones who had authority there, at least at night hours. In fact, they could be the ones who were practically in charge in that hospital. The doctors were nicer than them with the patients. They were acting civil. But nurses didn't fear anyone.

He witnessed one doctor scolding a nurse for something she forgot to do but the nurse didn't seem like she was sorry or afraid. And before the doctor was done, she turned back to her work, preparing a serum, ignoring the doctor. The doctor left, mumbling things, seeing it was futile to argue more. Apparently, that was the most she could do, the nurse wasn't intimidated by her.

Only when one or two senior doctors visited the floor, the nurses showed them respect, as all the other doctors walking with them did.

And, that uniform started to represent authority for him, unconsciously. He felt that he had to be careful around them. And, in a very interesting way, for him, these nurses walking around in these ugly uniforms started to look hotter; hotter than nurses in shorts, underwear and socks. This sight was still in his mind.

The real nurses in these uniforms were, in some curious way, hotter than nurses in porn movies, wearing skirts or hats.

It started to dawn on him. It was all about nurses. His mind was stuck at this thought. They were the real rulers of this strange place.

When Alice was passing by, he said "Nurse Alice, I'm done."

She looked at him, looked at the papers and kept walking to the nurses room.

He stood there for a minute, wondering if she was going to come and review his work. She didn't.

Then, he returned the room and sat long on the couch, thinking about those, how rude those nurses could get if they wanted to. And strong willed. How easily they made him lose his made-up demanding customer/companion mood.

Ava was still sleeping and he was trying to sleep.

When the door was opened, Evelyn walked in as usual and turned the lights on.

He unintentionally sat up.

Evelyn noticed that. He was that guy; who normally kept trying to sleep, mumbling to himself, probably complaining about the lights or noises in an inaudible way. She noticed how he snapped to attention like this. She didn't move and looked at him a few seconds. He could read her face. She was looking at him as if saying 'attaboy'. Or, that was what he thought. Then, she got back to her work.

He had no idea why he did that.

This was something he would do when an older person, someone important to him entered the room. Or someone senior to him at his previous jobs. Someone he 'had to' show respect to.

He didn't have respect to that rude girl, she wasn't superior to him in any way and he had no business with her; she wasn't important to him. At the moment, he didn't even care if she took good care of that Ava bitch or not.

But what he did showed otherwise. At least, he felt so and he was sure that she saw it like that.

Maybe Evelyn was hotter than any other nurse but he wasn't that attracted to her. He had no intention to get into her pants. At least, not at first.

But currently, he was aware that his brain was growing new synapses about her. Probably they didn't have a connection to the nerve endings on his genitals yet but he felt where this was going. She started causing some naughty sensations.