Authority Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Still, this wasn't about it too. He didn't sit up because of that.

It wouldn't be.

This was something new. He acted like that because, probably, a nurse uniform was being categorized as 'have to show respect' in his brain.

This had to be his instinctive salute to their authority.

It was still very disturbing. As disturbing as him finding Evelyn's rude behaviors appealing in some way.

When she was leaving, this time, she turned off the light and left, without even looking at him.

What he did wasn't that wrong, probably most patient companions sat up when someone walked in the room. Especially if that was a nurse. Or, maybe they didn't, he wasn't sure. Even if they did, Ava made it clear that they weren't of those people. They had to show that they weren't. He wasn't going to do it next time.

About two hours later, Alice came the same way. His first instinct was to sit up again, when he first woke up. But he remembered his decision. He kept lying down, without being able to look away. He was following her with his eyes.

When she was leaving, her hand was on the light switch, she stared at him. He thought she expected him to do something. He sat up again. This was even worse than the previous one. She left after seeing this and turning the light off.

The next morning, another nurse came, one he never saw before. She was short, definitely not beautiful and definitely not attractive in any way. She was avoiding eye contact, she had to be timider than Hazel. Her name tag said 'Christine'. He sat up and waited her to leave again. She didn't react to this.

After a few visits, Ava noticed something was going on.

"What's with the silence? Why don't you share your wise ideas with the girls anymore? And why are you sitting like that?"

"How you mean? I mean, sitting like what?"

She stared at him. She was clearly analyzing him, thinking stuff about him. Her eyes sparkled for a moment. He had no idea what it was about but she probably liked what she believed she discovered. It was that sort of a moment.

"Did you buy me the charger?"

He forgot it completely.

"I will be at my cafe a few hours; I will buy it on my way back here."

"I can't wait all day. Go get me the charger, then you can go to your little buffet. And buy me socks. My feet are cold."

She was acting like an old lady but her appearance contradicted with that very much. That naughty momentary sensation visited him again, this time with an accompanying, disturbing idea that she looked perfect and very attractive.

"Yes, Ava. Ok."

He left quickly, to get rid of all those crazy ideas and sensations. When he returned, she was sleeping, so he attached the charger to her phone, put the cotton socks on her bed and left.

At the restaurant he wanted to practice his 'hierarchical authoritarian' status, to find the balance in his mood. Probably hoping to re-educate his brain in the opposite direction. Where he wouldn't be a pushover anymore.

Unfortunately, he had really good staff. They made no mistakes; everything was like clockwork. He couldn't scold anyone.

He hurriedly left when he realized it was getting late. Like there was a curfew, he didn't want to be there after shift change. As if he had to be there at a given time. As if Alice or Evelyn could reprimand him for not being on time.

When he was walking to the room, the wanton companion woman stopped him "So, how is the old lady doing? They took her off the drip when you weren't here. You said she was your aunt, right?"

"Not mine, my girlfriend's. She's doing fine." He wanted to walk but she took a step to block his way.

"Where's your girlfriend? Aren't you a good boy? That she sent you instead?"

"Err..." he didn't want to share any personal information with her, he wasn't comfortable.

"She'll be back from business trip soon."

"Don't be a stranger. We have plenty of spare time here. Maybe time passes quicker together, huh? There's a kettle in my room, I can make you coffee."

"Thank you. Sure, if I can find time." He finally started walking.

"Make time."

He turned his head to give her a fake smile but he regretted it when he saw her. She was scratching her crotch, looking at him. He hoped she was scratching.

Her words were like she was trying to seduce a man she admired but Laurie knew that wasn't the case. How she looked at him, how she sounded, that wasn't seduction or flirtation. He felt like being cornered.

As he stepped in the room, this time Ava snapped.

"What part of 'my feet are cold' didn't you understand? Couldn't you put them on?"

"I didn't want to wake you up. And I was hesitant that you could find it awkward if I tried to do such a thing."

"When I woke up, I couldn't feel them. Ok. Let's make this clear. You're not here to watch me or entertain me. You're here to make these three effing weeks easier for me. Consider yourself as my caretaker or employee. Do what you're told. How will you pamper my girl if you can't even pull this off?"

"Understood."

He just wanted to reach that couch, find a way to sleep, so the time would pass quicker.

"I doubt it."

He was about to say something when Alice entered the room.

"I've been told that recently you've brought her some food which was high on sugar. This is not a hotel. This patient is our responsibility and we give her the exact amount and type of food she needs here. How hard can it be to think that a professionally planned diet is essential post-surgery?"

After a short inhaling break, she said "Out. A word."

Even Ava understood that they deserved this. The girl was right. She didn't say a word, she just looked at Laurie, knowing that he was going to get rebuked outside.

And Laurie walked out like a student sent to the headmaster's office.

Ava could hear Alice.

"I will try to be calm. If I ever hear such a thing, if I ever see you make such a mistake which compromises our work here again, you're out. I can do it now; I'm just giving you a chance. Do as you're told!"

When she walked away, Laurie's face was almost purple. And this time, watching her beautiful ass - which he had a definite idea about from the nurses room - go away, he had his first tiny boner there.

A minute later he walked in the room to see Ava, trying to hide her smile, pretending to read a magazine.

When he sat down, all he could think was the coincidence. He had no memory for hearing those words before this hospital and within two minutes, two different women told him to 'do as he was told'.

And, his perception of the nurses. On top of his newly sprouting thoughts about their uniform, in an undisputable way, this last straw made that uniform the 'symbol of authority' in his eyes. He felt like he was being audited by his bosses till the morning, in every nurse visit. His face and posture showed this clearly.

He could swear that he saw Evelyn and Ava share a look. Where Evelyn raised her head, looking down at her with half closed eyelids. Laurie, knowing that this was about his behaviors, didn't understand what that meant.

But Ava did.

They were both aware of Laurie's situation. Because they were both vicious women and they both had thick skins. They both sensed weakness. Especially a man's weakness.

Since day one, they were all in a -according to Laurie- pissing contest.

But he wasn't aware that such a power play was part of those women's daily lives. They did that in a store, in family gatherings, in the office or hospital, in a picnic or some cousin Larry's wedding. They never stopped.

And, to Ava, that last expression said 'We taught him how to behave in this place. Eat your heart out, bitch!', in a clear way.

This angered Ava. Her team had a moron player in it, embarrassing her.

"Stop sitting up or fidgeting like that!"

His eyes got wide; he couldn't understand why she snapped at him.

She knew this was futile. He didn't have it in him. He looked more stupid than ever.

The next day, when he was quickly walking, to pay for an additional supplement, he almost ran into another nurse from another floor. He stepped aside and gave way to that nurse. She looked at him and kept walking. It was a large corridor and he waited her to pass. Was he taking position to check her ass? She turned back and looked again, to see him walk away.

He noticed something else. After those embarrassing moments, after her Ava moment, he found himself thinking about Evelyn more. That she was in fact, very beautiful.

'Among the blind, the one-eyed...' he was thinking. It had to be it. He was there for a few days without his woman and his perception had to be adjusting or shifting. But this was hardly realistic. This was too simple to explain that.

This wasn't attraction to a woman's body or self. Some sort of a twisted desire was spawning in him about her.

Knowing the hatred she had towards him, knowing that how inferior she was to him at first, it felt like she turned the tables on him in some way, in a way he was losing against her. He didn't know what he was losing at.

He couldn't stop thinking about her and he was surprised to see how he started to get hard, especially when he remembered the way she talked to him.

He couldn't understand why he was acting like he was trying to get her attention or appreciation. He was walking in the corridor for no reason at night and he was getting excited when he saw her.

He was sure that it wasn't like he wanted her to be his girlfriend. He had the best of all girlfriends. And this girl, he wouldn't even want to be seen in public with, outside of this place. Not that she wasn't hot, she was sexy in a way. But she was a type who could embarrass him.

It was becoming a chicken-egg situation. He was getting lost. The 'nurse' concept and the actions of Evelyn, Alice or Matilda were mixing with each other, all piling up and strengthening his perception about the 'authority' of the nurses. It wasn't just authority, there was a strong, disturbing attraction hidden behind that thought.

In the morning, Hazel entered the room.

This time, he stood up with a very welcoming smile on his face. Even Hazel was surprised to see him like that. He always behaved nice to her but the way he was standing, slightly bent forward, like he was saluting her; this wasn't normal.

"Is there anything I can do to help, Haz... Nurse Hazel?" as if 'Nurse' was a rank or degree, as if he was saying 'Colonel Hazel'.

And this time, he learned that when he scratched the surface, he would see the core. Or, that his actions had impacts on others.

Maybe she was irritated by his behavior. Or, she could have thought that he was showing interest in her. Not in a normal way. For a second, she looked intimidated by his behavior. For some reason, she acted distant and cold.

"Why? Did I ask for your help?"

He was surprised. So was Ava. She could see how all the nurses were escalating and presenting their 'nurse attitudes' around him like that. Even this girl.

She couldn't be sure when this change started but she knew this wasn't there the first two days. So, it wasn't about her. It had to be about this moron.

"No, I mean..."

"Sit down and don't interrupt me."

She was always making mistakes and she had to focus on her work. Maybe that was the reason she was acting like that. Ava couldn't be sure.

But she saw how Laurie sat down without lingering. She stared at him for a few seconds and then at Hazel. Hazel wasn't even aware that she was being inspected by her. She had no idea what was going on.

Ava had some ideas.

On the other hand, Laurie was realizing that even the sweetest of them was of that kind. And he started to watch her, without blinking his eyes. This time, he was staring. He couldn't take his eyes off of her ass when she bent over the bed. Her ass was proportionally big, when her overall body was considered. He wondered how her legs or breasts looked like. He hated this uniform; he couldn't see anything.

Then, he noticed her heels in white socks, visible in the pink crocs she was wearing. That was the only other part he could see the shape of. They looked somehow nice; tiny, meaty and round.

When she moved to the other side of the bed, she caught him staring at her face. He stopped looking at that moment.

She wanted to make sure he knew she wasn't interested in him.

When she said "Give me some water", he jumped and quickly brought the water bottle to her. She looked at him, trying to understand what was going on before she took the bottle. Seeing how Ava curiously looked at her, she thought that he could be falling for her.

She heard this before. Patients and their relatives fell in love with their doctors or nurses. Especially when they were treated kindly and well.

She decided that this was her fault, she should have listened to senior nurses. She was too nice and they developed some sort of unhealthy admiration to her. Both the patient and the companion. Maybe his aunt was considering to make Hazel their bride.

"Take the bottle." This time she definitely ordered him. To show that she wasn't that nice.

Ava raised one of her eyebrows, finding this very interesting.

And Laurie, got his first full boner. He took the bottle from the once-a-sweet girl, trying not to show the tent in his jeans. But both women saw it and there was a shared look once again.

Ava already solved the puzzle; she wasn't surprised this time.

Hazel found this disturbingly fascinating. Like an insult which was also flattering. She never found herself sexy in any way.

She wasn't sure what this really meant but she figured out that he was attracted to her and when she talked to him like that, this turned him on in a strange way.

This had to be one of those guys, the ones one of her 'sister nurses' was talking about. She was telling how strong women crippled some guys while suggesting her to toughen up. That was Alice.

She finished her work, looked at him in a condescending way and left him alone with Ava's boring eyes.

There was no way to know what Ava was thinking but he was almost sure that she found this entertaining. He felt caught red handed, worried that he gave Ava a not-so-vague reason, an upper hand.

She didn't smile and she didn't bother him with this embarrassing situation. She took her phone and started to play a game on it.

He was still thinking about their sweet nurse. At that moment, Hazel was the hottest girl in the hospital. And the most authoritarian one, when she wanted to be. He witnessed cotton turn to steel; it was very intimidating and hot.

Hazel waited for Evelyn and Alice impatiently.

When they were changing their clothes, she started telling them what happened.

"Since day one, he was kind and sweet to me. Since yesterday, I noticed that he wasn't that comfortable when I was there. This morning, he was acting like he was on drugs. For a second, I felt like royalty, seeing how he was standing. I almost thought of saying 'at ease soldier'; he was that weird." giggling nervously.

The nurses smirked. They knew what she was talking about. Alice explained it to her.

"First of all, this is not that uncommon here. You will see. Most patients and their companions are intimidated by us. If we don't like someone, we make them even more uncomfortable; we make this place hell for them. It's good to make them think that they are dependent on our approval and help but not in a way that this is our job. We prefer them to see this as we're doing favors to them. It's a better working environment this way."

Evelyn added "And, it helps if we find someone cute. I mean, it's easy to seduce someone when he's vulnerable. Right? Alice?"

"Yes. Or, when she's vulnerable. Right, Evelyn?"

"Don't start with that. That was a onetime thing. And she was too cute."

"W-what are you talking about?"

"Don't mind us. Please go on. But don't think that we do such things all the time. It's something you need to be careful when you decide to act on it."

"You weren't sure when you acted on that woman's daughter. She was even younger than you Hazel. 20 at most."

"Stop it."

Hazel was a bit disturbed by this conversation but seeing them talk like that, she also could see that she was a bit too prude for this place. And this was good. She was finally becoming a real part of that group.

"Anyway. I wanted to put a distance between him and me, so, I talked as Nurse Matilda did. A bit rude, ordering him around."

They were both surprised to hear that. Maybe she wasn't that hopeless.

"Nice. I loved this. I wish I was there, seeing his face."

"There was more to see, not only his face."

"?"

"He had a boner. Not a big one but it was showing."

Evelyn was laughing with some comments like 'pathetic little dick fuck', while Alice was covering her open mouth. She said "Look at that son of the bitch!"

Hazel's cheeks turned red but she started laughing too.

"You, little vixen!" Evelyn started to tease her "Our little Hazel has a groupie."

Alice asked "Did the bitch see it?"

"I guess she did. It's embarrassing, right?"

"Just the opposite. She knows her puppy is willing to be your obedient puppy now."

"That's wrong, I'm not happy with that. And who gets an erection when someone is rude to them?"

Evelyn was very happy.

Alice was trying to explain what she thought about this situation.

"We told you before. There are many guys...", turned to Evelyn "... and girls...", smirked after seeing Evelyn's expression, "... who finds such things arousing. They're vulnerable to strong people. Or, they get confused when in difficult situations. There's a name for it, wait..." and started thinking, trying to remember.

"Cunt lappers, right?" Evelyn was still happy.

Hazel blushed hearing what she said. She never thought that way and this embarrassed her, thinking that this was what he had in mind.

"Wait, yes. Copenhagen Syndrome. Or Oslo. Anyway, it's about some hostage situation."

Evelyn looked at her smiling "Oh, Alice. Good thing that you're very beautiful. Life could be very hard for you."

She didn't understand but continued talking.

"Anyway, the good part is, you can get away with whatever you do to such doormats."

"She's right. What are you planning to do?"

"I'm not planning anything, what do you mean? I have a boyfriend."

Evelyn thought she needed some guidance "Do you sleep with your boyfriend?"

"No, I'll wait. I'm too inexperienced and I don't want to scare him off with my clumsiness."

Evelyn rolled her eyes as Alice looked at her in disbelief.

"Does he go down on you?"

"No, of course not!"

"Of course not? Ok, we'll talk about that part later. You can use this idiot for relief or practice."

"Relief? As in..."

"Use his mouth to get off."

She was right, they both thought that he wanted to go down on Hazel. She blushed again.

"Alice does it all the time when she finds a loser. She's so proud of her pussy and she likes bar toilets; picks a guy and ten minutes later..."

"Shut up."

Hazel wanted to understand her logic "Why? I'd let my boyfriend do it instead. It's not like he never offers to?"

"Yes, but you aren't doing it. Maybe you want to remain 'untouched' in his eyes. Or, you're too timid. But this guy is a nobody. Use him and toss him. Who cares what he thinks?"

"Isn't that cheating?"

Rolling eyes and stares.

Alice started talking again "This is different. Remember the syndrome. You're already a criminal, you took him hostage already. So, you are heartless. Get in character and move forward."

"Ok, first of all, I felt sorry for those people in that Stockholm case when I read it. Plus..."

"You cheat with another person. Don't think of him as one, let's say he's like a sex toy; probably a willing one but that's not important. Willing or not, there's nothing he can do to stop you if you want."