Back in Uniform

Story Info
An injured copper needs to make life changing choices.
15.1k words
4.7
15.1k
31

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 03/03/2024
Created 06/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors note, this is my first attempt at a long story, so any comments would be appreciated. Also please comment if you would like to see this story continue.

Hugs Brenda.

*

"Lima Tango 3 4 7 to all units, Target vehicle as entered Warren Street," The voice of Detective Inspector Hazel Callaghan crackled over the radio, "All units stand by."

Detective Sargent Kevin Wilson was standing off in a shop door way, he had a line of sight of the young policewoman dressed in plain clothes waiting by the side of the road. This was a sting operation to arrest a notorious drug dealer in the borough, and the young WPc was the punter.

Keven was 28-years-old and joined the Metropolitan Police force at 18. He moved to C I D at 24 and promoted to D S at 27.

Across the road from Kevin was a younger officer, recently moved from uniform to C I D, he was fidgeting nervously as this was his first operation.

Kevin keyed his radio, "4 5 1, to 6 5 6, Drake relax you're going to blow the op."

"Target vehicle approaching 5 2 4, stand by," D I Callaghan's voice came over the radio.

The suspects car pulled along side the WPc, she was wired for sound.

"Alright?" she said to the suspect.

"Cushty babe, what can pappa do for you today?" the suspect replied leaning out of his window.

"You got a wrap of Charlie?" the WPc asked.

"30 quid sweetheart," The suspect replied.

The young officer pulled out a wad of cash and reeled off £30, before handing it to the suspect. He took the money and discreetly handed her a foil wrapped package.

Just then the new DC ran towards the suspects car. The suspect noticed this and pulled a gun out.

The WPc made a grab for the gun, "Simon Rees, you are under arrest for possession with the intent to supply."

"GO, GO, GO, ALL UNITS GO," Shouted Callaghan over the radio.

Two cars raced in and blocked the suspects car from escape. He used the car door to knock the WPc to the ground. He levelled the gun at the charging DC and fired a round. The DC managed to duck behind a phone box at the last minute.

The WPc still on the ground reached out and grabbed the suspects legs. The suspect turned the gun on her, before firing a round into her shoulder.

Keven was already running towards the suspect as he shot the young constable. Kevin had already drawn his own pistol as he approached the suspect.

"DROP THE WEAPON!" Kevin shouted as he started to raise his pistol.

"FUCK YOU COPPER!" the suspect shouted as he aimed his own gun at Kevin.

The suspect was quicker on the draw and fired 3 shots at Kevin, whilst Kevin managed to get one round off before he was hit.

Kevin's shot hit the suspect in the leg.

Kevin was not so fortunate as one round hit him in the groin, the next is abdomen, and the last hit him just above his left temple. He fell to the floor and due to the blood loss, lost consciousness quickly.

D I Callaghan had jumped from the passenger seat of her car and fired two more shots at the suspect, taking him down.

The crime scene was chaos, the other police officers rushed to give first aid to the injured.

Callaghan was shouting at the new DC, "You fucking idiot, I did not tell you to move, this fuck up is all your fault you stupid prick."

The suspect died at the scene, but Kevin and the WPc were transported to hospital for treatment. The WPc's injury was superficial, as the bullet past right through her shoulder and she only needed stitches.

Kevin was rushed in to surgery, where doctors spent 4 hours trying to save his life.

The surgeon did his best and managed to stabilise Kevin, but there was life changing damage. His penis and testicles were critically damaged, and though they saved his penis, they had to remove his testicles.

The bullet they removed from his liver had not caused too much damage, and would heal in time.

The gun shot wound to his head had entered his frontal lobe, and due to the significant swelling, they put Kevin into an induced coma. They gave him a 40% chance of survival, and a 75% chance of some form of brain damage.

DI Callaghan had been put on leave since she shot the suspect dead, and was awaiting clearance from a police review board that the killing was just. She spent her free time sat at Kevin's bedside, since she felt responsible for his injuries.

Kevin had no next of kin, his father left when he was a baby, and his mother passed away when he was 15.

After 3 weeks in the coma, the doctors decided it was time to wake him up.

It took a day for him to become fully lucid, and they ran some neurological tests on him. For the most part his brain was OK but there was some scar tissue that might affect his behaviour long term.

He openly wept when they told him about his wrecked penis, he would never achieve a full erection again. And even though he no longer had testicles, he could still have dry orgasms.

He was released from hospital 3 weeks later, even though his physical injuries had healed as best as they could, he still had emotional scars to deal with. He was examined by the police medical staff, and his groin injuries would rule him out of a front-line position.

The only positive he was awarded £30,000 in compensation for his injuries.

He had a meeting with D I Callaghan to discuss his options.

"So, I have been chatting to the superintendent, and he has offered you a position as a duty sergeant," She said, "Or you could move to another station with the potential promotion to inspector."

"They want me to ride a desk?" Kevin said dejected.

Callaghan sympathised, "Your injuries have ruled you out of any active duties, it is a desk job or retirement."

"Retirement, I'm 28 for fuck's sake, you telling me my life is over before it has begun?" Kevin was close to tears.

Callaghan had noticed Kevin had become understandable more emotional since the shooting. She wondered if it was physical or mental damage.

"You can still have a very active career in the service," Callaghan tried to sound reassuring.

"I'm a street copper," Kevin put his face into his hands, "I can't even be a store detective in my condition."

"It is all my fault," Callaghan said, her own eyes tearing up.

"NO no," Kevin said putting a hand on her arm, "It was that idiot Drake's fault."

Callaghan shook her head, "I was lead officer, I chose the team."

"Hazel," Kevin said directly, "I do not blame you at all, Drake should not even be on the force, let alone on a armed op."

Callaghan gave him a reassured smile, though deep inside she could not accept that she was not to blame.

The police doctor referred Kevin to Doctor Rachel Turner, a top psychotherapist who specialised in PTSD sufferers.

Kevin was not allowed to return to duty unless Dr Turner cleared him first.

Kevin started to see Dr Turner 3 times a week, their early sessions explored the actual shooting. Kevin was still openly weeping when reliving that day.

On the 8th session, Dr Turner changed tact, "Kevin, what do you see as your future?"

Kevin had to think, before he answered, "I don't know?"

"Where did you see your future before the shooting?" Doctor Turner prompted.

"I guess getting as far up the chain of command in the force, a wife and a couple of kids," he replied.

Dr Turner made a note on her pad, "And why can you not still achieve these goals?"

"Because some cunt blew my balls off!" Kevin shot back at her, "I'll be lucky to ride a desk job for the rest of my career."

Dr Turner paused to allow Kevin to recompose himself, before continuing, "It is my understanding that you cannot returned to front-line policing in your current physical condition."

"Correct," Kevin answered more calmly now.

"Well, there is one avenue you can explore, though it is a little radical," Dr Turner said, waiting for the words to sink in before continuing, "Have you thought about a gender reassignment?"

"WHAT", Kevin said, "I'm not gay!"

"I see it this way Kevin, you have no next of kin, your physically useless as a man," She said leaning forward in her chair, "If you became a woman, at least you can get your career back."

Her words hung in the air as Kevin absorbed her statement.

"I don't know?" Kevin finally said, but not completely dismissing the idea.

Dr Turner looked at her watch, "Well I think we are just about out of time; I will see you next week."

At their next session Dr Turner showed Kevin some case studies of heterosexual men, that had been injured who had successfully transitioned. One case in particular stood out, a soldier was injured by a road side bomb, he was unable to return due to his injuries. But after surgery she was allowed to return to the front-lines and even made it to the rank of captain.

That night Kevin met up with DI Callaghan for drinks.

Hazel asked, "So how is the shrink going?"

Kevin shook his head, "She thinks I should become a woman!"

Hazel thought for a moment, "That is not the craziest idea I've heard."

Kevin shot her a sideways glance.

Hazel rested her hand on his arm reassuringly, "Listen, there was a PC that transitioned and moved north to another constabulary."

"Are you serious?" Kevin replied.

"New body, new start," Hazel said, "What have you got to lose?"

"I don't even look remotely feminine," Kevin said dismissively.

Hazel laughed, "You're not tall for a bloke, you lost a lot of body mass whilst in hospital, I bet with the right makeup and clothes, I bet I could make you passable?"

"No fucking way," Kevin said taking a sip of his pint.

Hazel considered her words, "I bet you a 100 quid I can make you look like a passable woman!"

They let the subject drop.

That night Kevin had the reoccurring nightmare replaying the shooting. As the bullet headed to his head he woke up with a start, screaming.

He went into the bathroom and splashed water on his face. As he looked in the mirror he noticed his body, Hazel was right, he had lost most of his muscle mass. He had not been in a gym in over 2 months, and he had lost around 20 kilos since he was shot.

He had decided he had slept enough, and went and made himself a coffee. As he stood in his living room, he looked at some framed pictures on the shelf. The first was him and his mum, the second was of his old school friends.

His mother was gone, and to be honest he had not been in contact with his friends for ages, and only the odd Facebook message.

The sorry fact was, Dr Turner was right, who would miss Kevin Wilson!

Could he re-invent himself as a woman?

During his next session with Dr Turner Kevin got straight to the point, "If, and it is a big if, I went for the gender reassignment, how would this work?"

Dr Turner put her notepad down and her usual formal demeanour softened.

"The first step is to make an appointment with the GIC in Hammersmith," she said.

"GIC?" Kevin asked.

"Gender Identity Clinic, it is the leading gender dysphoria clinic in London," she replied, "I can refer you to Doctor Hoffman, he is their top guy."

Kevin started to waver, "I'm not so sure."

"Look, why don't I make you an appointment," she said, "It won't hurt to meet him."

A few days later he found himself in Dr Hoffmans examination room.

Dr Hoffman was a gentle looking man in his 60's, "Mr Wilson, after the physical examination I can assure you that even with the damage your penis has suffered, I can reform it into a sexually working vagina."

"I'm not really interested in sex; I just need to know if I do this I will be cleared to return to work?" Kevin said.

"Well, after a gender reassignment you will be no longer be at risk of further injury," Hoffman reassured him.

Kevin nodded his head, "Well I guess I have little choice, when can you schedule me in?"

Hoffman shock his head, "Hold your horses, you need to live as a woman for at least a year, and have a full phycological examining before I can do the procedure."

Kevin was crestfallen, this was his last hope of getting his life back.

Hoffman went on to explain, "We can start you on hormones, explore cosmetic surgeries to make your appearance more feminine."

Later that evening Kevin met up with Hazel for another drink.

"So basically, I need to live as a woman for a year before I can have the op," he told her.

She replied, "Your young, you can do a desk job for a year till you can fully transition."

"But how do I get started?" Kevin said despondently.

"Look, I'm still on leave pending the enquiry," She told him, "Why don't you move in with me for a while, and I can teach you how to be a woman."

"Really, you would do that for me?" Kevin said.

"It is the least I can do, besides I'm just kicking my heals at home," she said, "Also, it sounds like fun."

Kevin let out a nervous laugh, "Yeah, sure!"

They left the bar and headed to Kevin's flat, Hazel made him pack only his essential items, like his toothbrush. Kevin started to pack some clothes, but Hazel stopped him.

"You won't be needing those!" she said.

Kevin's face was ashen as it dawned on him the journey he was about to embark on.

It was late when they got to Hazel's house, so after settling into the spare room, Kevin turned in for the night.

Hazel woke Kevin up around 9am, "Wake up sleepy head, we have a busy day ahead of us."

Kevin slowly came round, and welcomed the smell of the fresh coffee Hazel handed him.

Hazel was wearing a silky red nighty with a matching dressing gown, she was a couple of years older than Kevin, but she looked far younger than her 30 years of age.

Kevin sat up in his bed as Hazel outlined her plan, "So first thing we will do is get you washed and shaved."

Kevin started to have a sinking feeling as she continued, "Then we will get you in some underwear, I will do your makeup and hair, and finally get you dressed."

"I starting to have second thoughts about this," he said shaking his head.

"Nonsense," she said, whipping the bed clothes off of him, "When I'm done with you, your own friends won't recognise you, now on the move."

Kevin had surrendered himself to his fate, as he follow Hazel's commands.

In a flurry of activity, Hazel had Kevin out of bed, stripped and in the shower. Kevin was shocked when Hazel slipped off her own clothes and joined him in the shower. There was a tingle in his wrecked cock at the sight of the beautiful naked woman mere inches from him, but his cock did little more than twitch.

As Hazel shaved his legs she commented, "With your weight loss, we are very similar builds, most of my stuff should fit you."

10 minutes later, Kevin was sat on the bed in his room, all the hair below his eyebrows was gone. He could see his reflection in the mirror, and felt a ping of pain as if he was saying goodbye to an old friend.

Hazel came into the room and broke him out of his funk, "Come on princess, time for your makeover to begin."

She was now fully dressed in a light blue flared skirt and tight yellow t-shirt with a plunged front, showing plenty of cleavage. Kevin was not used to seeing Hazel in her "civies", she was usually in one of her work suits, and rarely had a skirt on.

"I've got to say Hazel, those work suits do nothing for you," Kevin commented as they walked to her room, "You've got a great figure."

"Aw, thank you," she replied, "The problem is if I had my tits and legs on display at work, no one would take me seriously."

Kevin nodded, "Good point."

She laughed, "It might be a problem you will have to deal with soon?"

Once in Hazel's room, she unceremoniously whipped Kevin's towel off.

Kevin covered his cock up with his hands, "I've just showered naked with you, no point getting shy now!"

Kevin shrugged and moved his hands to his sides.

Hazel fished through a draw and handed him a pair of plain white cotton briefs. Kevin was passed the point of protest now, and slip them up his smooth legs. This was followed with a matching bra, which Hazel helped him fasten.

She filled the cups with some socks, "We will need to get you some false breast inserts when we go shopping later."

Kevin shot her a look of fear, "Shopping later, hell no way I'm leaving this house looking like this."

"Sweetie, you will need to face the outside world eventually," she reasoned, "So why not just rip that sticking plaster right off and get it over with."

She then handed Kevin the red silky robe she had worn earlier, which he dutifully slipped on. He caught sight of himself in the mirror, and over than the masculine face, from the neck down you would be hard pressed to tell that he was a man underneath.

Perhaps he mused, they could pull this off.

Hazel sat him at her vanity table and went to work on his face. She trimmed and shaped his eyebrows. Next, she added highlights and low light contours to soften his features.

She explained every step she was doing, as she added a little foundation, "For a guy, you have terrific skin."

Kevin was unsure if it was a compliment or an insult, but secretly he was a little proud of himself.

After she finished with blush, eye shadow and lip gloss, the last traces of Kevin disappeared.

Hazel pulled out a curly blonde wig, "I wore this a few years back on an undercover OP, it will do for you for now."

She put the wig on his head, and fussed with it for a minute until she was happy with her work.

Kevin just sat there in shock at his new appearance.

In a daze, Hazel stood him up and removed the robe. She handed him a tight black t-shirt, and a red tartan skater skirt. He just put them on without question. His feet were a size bigger than hers, so she let him put his old trainers back on his feet. Hazel added a black chocker around his neck and black leather bracelets around his wrists.

"There I'm done," she declared, proud of her handy work.

Kevin stood in stony silence. The person staring back at him was a hot skater chick, that looked in her early 20's.

"Fuck me," was all he could say.

Hazel winked at him, "I'd bet you would."

Hazel tilted her head to the side, "I can't keep calling you Kevin, when you look like this."

"Elizabeth," she said, "My new name is Elizabeth."

Hazel nodded her approval, "Elizabeth it is, where did that come from?"

"It was my mothers name," she said somberly, "I look just like the young photos I have of her."

"Elizabeth Wilson, has a nice ring to it," Hazel said.

Elizabeth paused for a moment, "No not Wilson, Adams, my name is Elizabeth Adams."

"Why Adams?" Hazel asked.

"When my mum died, I had a teacher Mrs Adams who helped me through that tough time," Elizabeth replied.

Hazel took them downstairs for breakfast. After she spent the rest of the morning tutoring Elizabeth, or Libby as she quickly became known, in female etiquette. Within a few short hours, Libby was walking, sitting and acting like a woman.

Hazel commented that her voice needed more work, but that would come in time.

Libby's heart started to race as Hazel got ready to head out shopping. Hazel took Libby back up to her room and switched her outfit for something a little more conservative. Libby kept the black t-shirt on, but was now wearing a dark blue pencil skirt. It took her a few minutes to get use to the tighter skirt, but Hazel helped her pack a handbag with her phone and wallet.

Libby nearly hyperventilated as Hazel led her to her car. She briefly calmed down, and she felt that everyone was staring at her.

Hazel drove them to Westfields shopping centre.

As they stepped off the elevator, Hazel turned to her, "Just relax, no one can tell who you were."

After 5 minutes of walking around the centre, Libby began to relax, and slowly her confidence grew. Her heart skipped a beat when one guy looked at her and smiled.

Hazel stopped by a cash machine, "I suggest you get some cash; it might be easier than trying to explain why you are using Kevin Wilson's card."