All Comments on 'Bast Pt. 03'

by Someoneblue

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
LamppLamppabout 1 year ago

Ending made me laugh, love it

qxvw198qxvw198about 1 year ago

I'm glad you added this chapter even if you thought it was unnecessary 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Meh, I'll just check LE before bed. Probably still no part 3 to 'Bast', but maybe there'll be something else good."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I want to be clear that I'm only fussing like this because of how much I like your writing in general, and "Bast" in specific.

First: this really could have used more Bast.

Second: for how much the narrator cares about Efe, simply saying they speak "Nigerian" makes him look a bit ignorant. He might not know any Hausa or Yoruba or Igbo, but he should at least know that's what Efe and Kayin are speaking. Even if they're speaking Nigerian Creole/Pidjin, that's also called 'Naija', (and, actually, by going with "Naija" you can avoid issues with "that's not an Igbo/Hausa/whatever name").

Third: Bast's timing with the new girl is too perfect. Kayin *just* announced her pregnancy not two minutes earlier. Goddess, yes, but the way you've shown Bast as working, it would've made more sense for the new girl to show up a few hours later.

Fourth: I understand the appeal of doing a time jump, but one of the plot points you introduced was "Kayin is trying to get him a better job". There should have been *some* indication that he was doing better, even if it's not better *enough*.

There's other things I could fuss about, but that's just stuff that's not to my liking, as opposed to stuff that's actually wrong.

(Well, and there's vocabulary issues - wrong/missing words, but that's just flaws in execution)

Timtom12Timtom12about 1 year ago

I love this story. Everyone caring for each other is quite wholesome, and then there's sex!

SomeoneblueSomeoneblueabout 1 year agoAuthor

(Reads anonymous’s helpful critique notes)

(Looks at bookshelf where Half a Yellow sun can be easily seen)

(Realises he has no excuse not to remember about the languages.)

-cough- nothing to see here. Thanks for the advice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The people demand more Bast! More Bast! More cat!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

MORE BAST PLEASE!

onlyshecumsonlyshecums5 months ago

Excellent balance. I like that nothing feels coerced between the characters. Bast is a really interesting character. I hope we get to see something from her perspective, but then again, leaving it to the imagination might be just as good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSomeoneblue@Someoneblue
A lover of dominance play and mind control. I hope you like my stories! I accept commissions for stories over at Questionable Questing (https://forum.questionablequesting.com/).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Bast Pt. 02 Previous Part
Bast  Series Info