All Comments on 'Beautiful Pt. 01'

by JCMcNeilly

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments
FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt10 months ago

I nearly murdered a substantial number of your characters before kinder, gentler, better people started showing up. Still feeling rather homicidal towards that bitch Renee and dear old Mom. Bills too much the pathetic stereotypical middle aged twit to get overly wound up about. But Melanie and Sandra? I love both already. And while it’s going to be a bumpy road, I’m setting my sights on a happy ending for two very deserving, and beautiful, women. Loved this

AquariusgirlAquariusgirl10 months ago

Oh wow,

I'm literally hooked already and can not wait for the next 5 chapters to be released! The story so far is great and I get the feeling that it's not going to be all plain sailing for Melanie and Sandy; but I hope they can last the course and make it too their own happy ending.

You're such a talented writer and I'm so pleased you've brough us this masterpiece.

As always 5 stars from me ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm waiting in eager anticipation for the next chapter:)

Sausage17Sausage1710 months ago

WOW that was such a good first part!

You mentioned six parts, and I can definitely see the seeds of drama that you’ve planted. I have a feeling Melanie’s self-esteem might cause some problems down the road.

But wow. I love the characters and everything. Can’t wait to read the rest, I’m totally invested!

ThebiffThebiff10 months ago

Wonderful storytelling as always. Can’t wait for the next chapter.

1whiskey1whiskey10 months ago

A most beautiful and absorbing romance. Thanks. Loved it.

Inscription1213Inscription121310 months ago

As always, an amazing story. Can’t wait for the rest. You are very good in creating characters that are lovable and others that the reader simply wants to see suffer.

DukaaDukaa10 months ago

You made my sunday posting this story! Its always great seeing a new work from one of your favorite authors published when you have leisure time. Can't wait to read on!

MaezedMaezed10 months ago

Wow, just wonderful. Love every single word. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapters.

_robin_robin10 months ago

Oh I love this. I’m glad Melanie’s father is so kind & understands his wife’s shortcomings. I’m pretty sure he’ll ride in to the rescue a couple of times? I can’t wait for the next episode to drop! And honestly, if there’s lots of hold-handing and dreamy kisses, I’ll be a happy camper. I don’t necessarily need those steamy sex scenes.

Slurpy29Slurpy2910 months ago

What a wonderful start! I love the way you’ve setup characters, really brought me in. My heart already goes out to Melanie and the crap she had to put up with growing up. She’s a great mom, beautiful personality, she deserves so much more. I think Sandy is the person who can “coach” her thru it. Can’t wait for next chap.

LissyWLissyW10 months ago

Nice story, very well-told. No sex at all, yet it kept me engaged. No mean feat!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

If the answer is no - you have an original story.

TenderTrapTenderTrap10 months ago

What a lovely Sunday surprise to savour at your leisure.Welcome back JC.

Read2Luv2019Read2Luv201910 months ago

Absolutely brilliant love the lead characters fingers crossed for a happy ending in the end

akeripperakeripper10 months ago

oh lovely and my thank you

ShyTink61ShyTink6110 months ago

That is without question, the best story that I have read in a long time. You really brought your characters to life and I can’t wait for part 2.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Lol @ FirstClassFlirt's comment about wanting to murder some first introduced characters. Same, same, including Melanie dumping a full glass of drink on their heads and kicking some balls before the murdering begins lol

What a great intro chapter! Looking forward to another long and spellbinding adventure with these two lovelies. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Your Nancy Sarah is a favorite of mine. this story is very promising as well. Please keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I love how hours stories never fail to make me tear up every chapter. I'm so hooked already! Can't wait for the next chapter(s)

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff10 months ago

I need to apologize. I can only give this fantastic story 5*. I can't wait for the next chapter(s). Great start!

GolfingcollieGolfingcollie10 months ago

I have read all your stories on this site and this is one of the best. You are my favorite writer. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wonderful start of a story, were for me the relation that Melanie has with her food and weight alone is already fascinating on itself. It also made me more consciousness about what it could mean having a few extra kilos and the constant reminder of it, by how you feel in the eyes of others, although it's not necessarily expressed verbally by those around you. Hope to see how Melanie grows over the next chapters and is standing her ground against others, especially her mom. So she starts living a life that makes her happy. But i feel, we are in for a hell of a road trip. I'm also looking forward to get to know Sandy better, because for now she seems too good to be true. Well that happens if you get a crush on someone ;).

SinteraSintera10 months ago

By goddess you've done it again. Love it. Can't wait for more.

Bree_23Bree_2310 months ago

youre back!! finally i kept on rereading the older stories i just could not get enough and this one ..i know is gonna end well hopefully sandy gets to cut her hair haha sorry got used with mitch and the other characters having short hair..just a thought though

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon10 months ago

If the rest of the story is as good as this chapter then you've knocked it out of the park. The interplay between Melanie and Sandra is superb.

There was one thing that broke the flow of the story for me. When she was picked up by Sandra, Melanie recognised that "this was a date". I can definitely see Melanie being panicked by her conversation with Jeanine, but she seems a little too surprised that Sandra is gay and that she is on a date. I'm not really sure what's happening there, although I can think of one or two possibilities.

lilshymynxlilshymynx10 months ago

You are such a fantastic storyteller and your stories are always so full of emotion. Melanie is such an incredibly relatable character. My heart already goes out to her for the struggles she's faced and the ones that I know are to come. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible works with us <3

shayneoneshayneone10 months ago

i like it lots to digest to see were it goes from here makes you think lots of people like your writings me too thanks been a fan for while be happy well and safe a fan shayne

MigbirdMigbird10 months ago

Rating is easy, comments less so — where to begin. Love your character driven stories ; simply immersive and this story just underway. We’re given a glimpse and already captivated by these two women. So creative.

toesucker1toesucker110 months ago

JC, it’s so great to see another of your stories and this one does not disappoint!

Melanie has had a harsh hand dealt to her self image through her mother and husband. Real-life problems for real people. I’m really looking forward to how Sandy and Melanie navigate the inevitable problems their relationship will cause in the next chapters. This will really be good.

ca_daveca_dave10 months ago

JCMcNeilly it is great to see another story from you. This could go so many ways, but knowing your ability as a writer I am sure we will enjoy it. Thank you for sharing. 5*

nogravynogravy10 months ago

Excellent character development, spot-on plotting, this story has it all. Very enjoyable! A five-Star for me.

burrito54burrito5410 months ago

what great story could read lot of chapters about these2 wonderful women. please more

Lions86Lions869 months ago

really amazing story so far, but i expect that from you at this point. Every single story of yours that i have read were all so amazingly good, and well written. the worst thing about this story is that i now have to wait for the remaining 5 parts to to come out.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Was thrilled today to see the first post of “Beautiful”. As with all your stories, I am pulled in by your fabulous story and character development. As others have commented, I have reread all your stories. Nanny Sarah still my favorite; can “Beautiful” knock it from the top spot? 😄 Thank you for sharing your writings; truly fabulous.

JacquiUK41JacquiUK419 months ago

My heart jumped when I saw that there was a new story from you. Five stars for this but I'm going to resist any more comment until the end. I'm going to buy some Kleenex, buckle up and get ready for a rollercoaster ride. I know I'm going to love the experience

Bleep735Bleep7359 months ago

That was lovely. I’m at a loss for words. I can’t wait to see where you take Sandy and Melanie. Their journey will be a rocky one, but I hope ever so worth it.

onehitwandaonehitwanda9 months ago

Oh well, there goes my productivity for the month, because I'll have my face pressed to the window, squinting desperately in anticipation of the next chapter.

FandeborisFandeboris9 months ago

This has started out being great. You know, as I have reread your others you always manage to start off strong and keep on going right to the end. You said earlier this one is personal. I can believe it, and sometimes it is cathartic bring your demons out to air them like dirty laundry. My hope is you found your “Sandy”.

I am looking forward to Melanie’s finding MS Right and her travels through life on her road to happiness. And for JCMcNEILLY “You take care of you”

skillmanskillman9 months ago

Love the long developed stories and this one is looking great. Keep it going.

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG19639 months ago

Certainly have missed your writings. This is going to be another epic 5 star masterpiece.

Rex0naRex0na9 months ago

Fivy stario like usual.

girlsngaysgirlsngays9 months ago

god as someone who is trans wlw and might have an ed this is going to absolutely destroy me and i am so ready

DecafHighDecafHigh9 months ago

Oh what a great start. Eagerly anticipating the rest.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I love how you have taken us inside Melanie’s mind and heart so quickly, so we can see how deeply she has been scarred by negative forces in her life. I am looking forward to continuing the story of these two

DedZone69DedZone699 months ago

New fav author to add to my list. Thank you for sharing. Love character driven stories. This is right up there w the best. Cant wait for the other chapters to drop. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This chapter is already so much better than the entirety of “Unrequited.” Can’t wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Dr beulahthemick; Excellent start to what I hope will be a long and engrossing story, every person feels real, with faults, fears and hopes. Perfect beginning, more soon please. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Have you thought about geting published. You are realy good and are able to bring out all the emotions. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There was never a doubt in my mind you were in the hall of fame for a very good reason, and not in may others I suspect. You really are brilliant at writing these stories. One complaint, you seem to stop some of the other great writers, onehitwanda for instance, from writing, you are that good but what a testament. Thanks and 5* seems so little but very gladly given.

Whiter59Whiter599 months ago

Five star all the way. you hit every emotion possible in your storytelling, which flowed nicely

2oothfairy2oothfairy9 months ago

Great to have you back xx

MikeManMikeMan9 months ago

I have just read this for the second time and it is one of the best I have read on this site. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere9 months ago

Off to an interesting start!

jackie_emjackie_em9 months ago

I love the characters and can't wait to see how the story develops. I did one story of a woman with a homophobic parent, though the rest of her family approved. I am sure there will be issues but can't wait to see how you resolve them.

chiefhalchiefhal9 months ago

Beautiful story, looking forward to more.

Thank y

Marbury1803Marbury18039 months ago

I was so pleased when I found that you had written another story. As high as my expectations were when I started reading this, you pretty much exceeded them. for one thing, I am totally in love with Melanie and Sandra. It is so refreshing reading a story on this site that features ordinary human beings with real, ordinary problems. I get Melanie, being a person who has always had issues with weight and self image. And Sandra too, an accomplished athlete, who has achieved much in her life professionally, but also has some obvious insecurities. Your careful attention to slowly peeling back the layers of each is engrossing. Thanks for this. Really excellent.

chick2206chick22069 months ago

you make it so real. i hated myself for all the snarky comments i make to myself everytime i eat

apollo_XIapollo_XI9 months ago

Wonderful start. But I feel drama coming, especially with both of them having confidence issues. Looking forward to the next part.

metroalmametroalma9 months ago

Hooked and how not? That first rush of love is so grand so wonderful to explore. I lost - well several - years today, tonight. Do I have to wait for more? Silly question, I join the waiting.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqri9 months ago

Here it comes! Another wonderful roller coaster of a series! By far, my all time favorite author on this site.

Now, to learn patience for the next chapter... ;)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was so worth the wait of months and months. What a romantic start. Wish there were more than 5 Stars available.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another really excellent story. Thanks.

Kat711Kat7119 months ago

Great story so far! Love the characters. Can't wait for the second part to publish.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Welcome back!! Really excited for this story. It’s off to a great start.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Oh my! I have read all your work, most several times, and this new one !!!. Thank you for saying the whole series will be forthcoming sooner than later; aside from that, you are such a tease! making us wait (even if its the techies fault; haha), I loved the new characters, especially Melanie struggling with being overweight and a life of family commitment that precludes passion. And she meets her daughter's athletic coach with whom there is an emerging connection. I can't wait for the next chapter.

ca_daveca_dave9 months ago

Just read this a second time. Does not effect the story but when Sandra is picking Melanie up, she drives up in a Jeep Wrangler. When she helps her out at the restaurant, it is a Jeep Cherokee. Someone missed that. Like I said it does not effect the story. It is easy for someone that wrote something to miss small details. Your editor or proof reader should have caught it. Story is still a solid 5*'s.

Nicole2023Nicole20239 months ago

JC, you are so talented. I was trying to wait until all was posted but couldn’t hold out

trickill53trickill539 months ago

So great you have given us a new story. The only trouble I see now is having to wait for the next chapter. One thing I want to do, is the next time Melanie puts herself down, especially about her weight, I want to jump in the page, grab her around her shoulders and tell her I don't want to hear her knock herself down ever again. Whether in real or make believe I hate hearing when a woman does that. Wonderful as always.

TenderTrapTenderTrap9 months ago

Fabulous start to what promises to be a real tour-de-force in romantic storytelling.No doubt,it will be a rocky road in the telling,but worth the investment of time in reading and appreciating it.Welcome back.Renee and Melanie's mother sound like two peas from the same pod,as the two villains of the piece,but there may be more along the way.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Beautiful pt2 with coach and Paige mother continues see she other.

Charlotte35fCharlotte35f9 months ago

This is so romantic and loving. Melanie has the same internal critic's voice I have, and most of the rest of her life is conspiring with it. The path to her happiness lies in part in breaking free from the confines of her autobiography.

I wish I had the patience to write like this; my stories here are all super short. I can't wait to read this tale, and now will read more.

jimmyjib72jimmyjib729 months ago

this is really good really good !! a slow burn and what i love the most is its realistic i can picture everythung in my mind .... looking forward to the continuing story

bbaron2274bbaron22749 months ago

Enjoyable and appetizing!

Keep up the good work!

CorinnePapillonCorinnePapillon9 months ago

You are SOOOO talented girl.... Brilliant as always....

Cori x

UncertainTUncertainT9 months ago

Beautiful writing.

Anita71Anita719 months ago

You write fantastically, a really beautiful and warm engrossing story

Sorry if the grammar is not quite correct, (google helped me)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yes, yes, YESSS!! Love it already!! The master is back!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it, beautifully written

ZBSKRNZBSKRN9 months ago

Damn you write good stories. TY

servemistservemist9 months ago

Love is not perfect, people are not perfect, love never had weight requirements. So sweet and real. I am looking forward to the rest of this story.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetronius9 months ago

I think it was "A Girl Named Mitch" that prompted me to enshrine you in the erotic literature Pantheon. Words fail me: I can't express how delighted I am to come back home from a 2-week cruise to find a new offering from JCMcNeilly! Kudos to you and to your editor: this first installment is perfect from both a technical and artistic standpoint. I look forward eagerly to the following episodes.

alferdogalferdog9 months ago

Wow, this made resolve to be nicer to my mother and mother-in-law. The line “They were probably the only people in town that actually liked me. At least, in their teenage ways” is a tough one. I didn’t realize!

JS60007JS600079 months ago

I have so enjoyed your other stories. Sadly this one doesn't even come close.

topcattoponetopcattopone9 months ago

Well up to your impeccable standard, JCM. I love the story telling. I also love that your heroine, isnt a mother who works out every day and has "retained her figure" The world is full of people like Melanie, they deserve love and consideration too. - Looking forward to the rest of it.

Runner4069Runner40699 months ago

Outstanding per usual, I look forward to seeing how the rest of the story progresses! One minor slip up, Sandra drive up in a Jeep Wrangler, then opens the door of a Jeep Cherokee at the restaurant....

Pookiebear123Pookiebear1239 months ago

So glad to see that you’re back. I was getting worried that you had stopped writing. As usual, you didn’t disappoint. Looking forward to reading the rest. I hope you give Helen her comeuppance. That woman is a bitch and I would love to see Sandy put her in her place.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A very different story from some of the others you've done so far, but no less good for it! Ignore those who say otherwise. In addition, I think the quality of your writing (which was never bad) has increased in this piece, with things reading more smoothly and naturally to me. I'm very interested in seeing where this goes!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You are so thorough in creating your world and characters that one is easily hooked to the story. However, Melanie's inner voice feels immature. We get the anxiety and the very relatable self-doubt. But her constant "you idiot, why would you say that" got old very fast. Perhaps finding another way to vent her inner critic would feel more age appropriate to a divorced mother of 3.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Oh what a great story! When I saw a new story from one of my fave authors I was beyond excited.

Your creation of characters & tge real world pressures keeps the story grounded & makes you care.

Thank goodness your still writing and can't wait for more!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy9 months ago

Childhood and living the expectations the parents have set to full fill their needs ….. and melanie is such one of us ….. but hopefully now she is breaking the ice and running for the perfect team …… this chapter was brillant, lovely characters nicely described situations and a wonderful warm music is playing all along reading this …. I mean the love melanie is carrying and spreading ….. enchanting, ten hearts for you

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨🍀💋

Getty1717Getty17179 months ago

Absolutely loved this story

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it so far, I can’t wait to see Melanie, who has been ‘put down’ from before age 14, first by her mother and then her husband, go to her parents’ fancy party with her world famous Olympic star – partner and I guess her father will dance with each of them too.

At least five stars-----

LB

Jimbo3948Jimbo39489 months ago

Your stories are always so excellent...

Can't wait to read this entire story. Keep them coming, please.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The bolt of lightning that strikes in all of your stories is there again, and this desperate start almost impossibly develops into that moment, too. Glad you're writing another one.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I was torn between waiting for all 6 to drop or just starting down another one of your amazing stories i started part 1 and part 4 just dropped I'm glad I didn't wait

chris_coupchris_coup8 months ago

Lovely. Can't wait to read part 2.

Cindy1001Cindy10018 months ago

So good! It's lively, characters are wonderfully human, there is self-reflection and a dose of self-doubt. How apt do you take us along in this lovely tale. Will immediately start reading Part 2!

JiminNCJiminNC8 months ago

Like it! I’m about ready to strangle her mother, so I guess we can credit that on your fine character development?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJCMcNeilly@JCMcNeilly
2419 Followers
Part 5 of Beautiful is up! Only one to go. Part six has been submitted, so it should be up soon. I hope everyone has enjoyed so far! I write lesbian romance. Sometimes sex comes quicker, sometimes not. but you won't find any one night stands or quickies in my work (unless n...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Beautiful Series Info