Becoming His Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Later, she sat in her room alone by the window, listening to a summer squall outside. The wind was high, rushing through the trees that lined the edge of the backyard. The rain came out of nowhere, smattering against the windowpane. She reached forward and pushed the sash upward, and with eyes closed she leaned into the lukewarm spray of raindrops. A great emptiness rose up inside her -- or, rather, it returned. She walked back to her bedside, her arms clutched around herself like one wounded. Nothing could comfort her. Her mind conjured up images of what he might be doing. Working, perhaps, as he had on the weekends before she had appeared in his life. Working out, maybe, pushing himself into oblivion.

But perhaps -- just perhaps -- he had fallen into the same well of grief that she had, and lay in bed with a kitten who didn't understand his pain, while she lay alone. She pushed the thoughts away, angry tears springing to her eyes. None of it could do her any good. It would only hurt her more to think of him. So she would not.

She would do her best to forget that any of this had ever happened.

***

Hi again! Thank you so much for reading "Becoming His." This rounds out the first series in the story of these characters. The next one will be titled "Lost and Found," and I hope that you will get a chance to check it out once I return to these characters. Anyway, I hope that you've enjoyed this series. Thank you so much for keeping up with my work. As always, I appreciate any feedback you want to share with me.

Until next time! ❤️