Becoming Reparations Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now I not only considered marriage and pregnancy a near-term probability but that my current situation would move me out of my familiar, tiny hometown and throw me into a major city. When the hot water ran out, I wrapped my hair in a towel and dried off. I slipped into the t-shirt I went about picking up the room. I would've liked my panties, but they were nowhere to be found.

When I heard the electronic lock activate, I looked at the clock: the time was going on 10:30. "Welcome home, Daddy!" I said in my best cute voice as the door opened—and Madison James entered. I blushed crimson as one of my classmates entered, I could see her housekeeper's cart parked outside the doorway. Her family ran the hotel and she worked here on the weekends.

"Tiffany? What are you still doing here?" She asked, as shocked as I was.

"I stayed the night with Mr. Shaw..."

"Yes, the whole town knows that—after the show you two put on at the drive-in last night!"

I could feel my face turn crimson. "Well why the hell didn't you knock and yell housekeeping?"

"His car's gone! If I see a car's gone for more than two hours, it's safe to assume the guest has checked out!"

I plopped on the bed. Maddie wasn't in my BFF triad, but she wasn't a frenemy either. "I'm sorry, he left to go get breakfast around 8 and he hasn't returned. I'm starting to get worried."

I felt her sit on the bed next to me. "Hey, I've only got five rooms to clean today. I can sit with you for a moment." She placed an arm around me, and I leaned my head on her shoulder. "Do you like him?"

"Yeah. I mean, last night I told him I loved him—but that could've been just the sex talking. It's weird there's a spark. When he pulled up and asked directions while I was running—the attraction was immediate."

"How does your family feel about the situation?"

"Conflicted. I don't think dad's happy his 18-year old daughter is going to be borrowed every weekend for the next six months to play girlfriend to someone who lives in Chicago. Especially someone more than 10 years older than me."

"It must be tough." She caressed my arm. "How's training going? I remember last year, you were close to making it into the record books."

I sniffled, appreciating the change of subject. "It's going. I'm getting faster. Still haven't conquered the hill coach wants me to. But I'm sure I'll get there."

"Well this year, we're all actually rooting for a team other than boys' basketball for once. It's exciting, I know you're going to lead us to the state championship."

"If I don't trip again!" I managed a laugh. All last season I had been finishing around 17:50 to 17:55 minutes. This put me close to getting into the top 5 fastest cross-country runs for the state. My problem is I instinctively turn my head when approaching the finish gate. This slows me down and my chief rival, if she were having a good day, would pass me. But neither of us could break 17:45 and make it into the record books.

Then at the State Championship Meet I was having the best run of my career. Coach said I was on track to finish around 17:30 which might have been the second fasted time recorded. But I looked behind me and stumbled. I recovered, but not before my rival had made ground and passed me. She finished at 17:42 earning a place in the records and I came in at 17:57 and third place. I cost my team second place overall.

"I'm sure you've learned your lesson and will keep your eyes on the finish line this year. We'll all be rooting for you. We've got a lot of running talent, always have." Maddie's voice was calming. "My mom still talks about her classmate who ran in the Olympics in 1994."

"Yeah, he came and spoke to us before we left for State. He attributes it to the hills, says the roads and hills around here provide Olympic level training. He even ran a few training runs with..."

I was interrupted by the whirring of the door lock opening. "Hey Tiff, sorry it took too long..." Mr. Shaw said as he entered the room carrying two plastic bags from Walmart and a grease stained McDonald's bag.

I ran into his arms and kissed him deeply. "Hank! I'm so relieved to see you..." My voice caught when I saw his left eye had partially swollen shut, the white of the eye blood red, and a deep purple bruise forming around the socket.

12