Betsy - Reawakened Ch. 05

Story Info
Surprise for Darren backfires on Betsy.
22.5k words
4.58
4k
3
0

Part 5 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/08/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mimaster
mimaster
831 Followers

© 2019, All rights reserved - mimaster

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Betsy stood next to her station wagon, parked in its familiar space on the concrete pad of the two-car carport attached to the side of their new home. Her heart raced; her mind filled with thoughts of how the weekend was going to go. She had it all mapped out in her head; the only thing missing being Darren. After being gone for five days, he was finally home and she was excited to see him. She was more excited for him to see her standing there like she was. For all the outrageous, sexy things she'd ever done in her life, this was actually a bit out of character for her.

It was going to be the surprise he never saw coming, and she was envisioning it being the catalyst to launch them into her meticulously planned weekend together. One she hoped would make up for the way she acted before he left for his sales trip. All she had to do was convince him to take another trip, with the promise of it being sexually charged. Her method of greeting him was designed to prove her just that, all as a way of enticing him to go.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She still considered the house to be new, even though they'd been living there a couple of years. Part of that was the neighborhood where they lived. Their home had been built on a newer street on the far eastern edge of town; part of the small city's efforts to annex land to grow their tax base.

The town in Northern Virginia was a shade over twenty thousand people, but it was starting to become more populated. There was rumored to be an interstate that was going to be built in the coming years to connect that area with Washington DC, and the town was expanding because of it. The lure of the mountains and the vast history provided by the backdrop of the Civil War had long made the area more of a tourist destination. With land sales happening along a corridor where the proposed interstate was supposed to be routed, a vibrant industrial base was envisioned to provide economic growth.

Because of that the elected leaders of the town sought to gain control of its future. Land was annexed, even though there were no real plans for expansion by the owners. What were once rolling fields and meadows in the Shenandoah Valley mostly remained that way even after the legal maneuverings of the local government. The property owners saw no motive to do anything until there was a reason and that meant waiting until an actual infrastructure was built.

One land owner caved, though. Faced with the prospect of higher property taxes on land used just to allow a couple of dozen cattle to graze, he sold his acreage on the eastern border of the city limits to a developer. That developer wasted little time in trying to recoup on his investment. Working with the city planners, he had a new road built and began selling lots for homes.

Betsy and Darren purchased one of the lots at the far end of the dead-end road. It wasn't quite on the cul-de-sac, but it was right next to it. They loved the idea of being a part of the town, but also being somewhat secluded. While they were one of twelve homes that had been built along the street, theirs was the last on their side of the road and there was no house directly across from them yet. With the lots around the actual cul-de-sac having a lot more land, they were going for much more money. That proved too steep a price, as no one had purchased any of them yet.

The house they'd designed was a big three-bedroom ranch with a full-sized basement. It had a formal living room and a family room, as well as a huge kitchen. The basement was split down the middle along the length, and Darren had spent his first year in the house finishing the side the stairs were on into a recreation room, with help from his boys.

He used it as a bonding project, teaching them the finer points of construction he'd learned in one of his part-time jobs before he went into the Army... as well as the first full-time job he landed upon returning from Korea. Gene was a big help with a lot of the heavy lifting, but with him about to go into college, he was off with friends much of the time. With Neil being eight years younger, he couldn't do as much of the brawn work, but he was a bright kid, and he proved invaluable.

Neil was a sponge, soaking up all the knowledge his dad had to offer. It wasn't just that he was curious. He had an innate ability to watch what his father did and mimic it flawlessly. He made mistakes but he never made the same one twice, which was all Darren could ask for. It was a such a joy that he could show his youngest a part of the project, hand it over to him, and have faith he would do it right. The kid was a magician with a hammer.

They sealed the outside walls first with a waterproof paint, before putting up studs and stuffing in between them with insulation. Over that they hung up a light brown paneling, before installing a drop ceiling with lighting overhead.

He taught his boys how to cut and measure. He taught them how to properly hang a door; installing two of them in the entryways that had been built into the load bearing cinderblock partition that split the front half of the basement from the back. He showed them how to safely wire lighting. He even showed them how to put in a tile floor.

He wasn't sure how much would stick, but he was optimistic. Gene was intelligent, and he had a knack with tools. Neil did far more of the project with his dad, often sacrificing time with his friends in order to be with him. Darren was convinced he would remember a great deal of what he learned.

It took just shy of twelve months, working every other weekend. When it was done, it was a showpiece for them to entertain, complete with a full bar Darren designed himself. He'd bought a dartboard to start, but he knew that wasn't nearly enough. Talking it over with Betsy, they saved and bought a used pool table, wanting it to be a real recreation room.

They'd built a huge bookshelf against one wall for Betsy, who wanted a place for all her books, as well as to decorate. It was on the end of the room nearest the stairs. She put down a braided rug, transforming that end of the basement into a sitting area, with an old couch, a couple of comfortable chairs, and coffee table and a black and white television.

The basement was a hangout for Gene and his college-age friends when he was home school. It was a place Betsy could send Neil and his buddies to play when it was bad outside. It was where she and Darren could have a party with more of an adult setting. It was perfect.

She felt their whole house was perfect, and part of that was the privacy it offered. Yes, she was on a street with lots of wonderful neighbors, but it was also secluded because it was at the very end. With the carport at the far end, away from any of her neighbors' homes, it offered not only shelter, but naughty opportunity.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Betsy had been waiting for Darren to come home. They'd had a tiff the morning he left for a five-day business trip to New York. He needed to get on the road. Betsy wanted him to fuck her one more time before heading out. Her plan of getting up early had failed when her alarm clock didn't go off that morning. She'd neglected to set it and in doing so, she lost the sliver of time she'd hoped to use to have sex with him.

Instead, he was already in the shower when she woke up. She had to race just to get Neil on his way to the school bus and by the time she'd gotten herself together, Darren was dressed in a shirt and tie, drinking his morning coffee as he perused the morning paper. She tried to entice him, but he begged off, telling her he had a lot of miles to cover and he needed to get started. Of all the trips he had to take for his company in his role as district manager, the New York territory was the one he dreaded most whenever he went.

It was the farthest away, and it had more customers than most of the territories his drivers covered. His job entailed not only working on new contacts, hoping to obtain contracts with the businesses his company sought out as customers, he also was charged with following up with their existing ones to make sure their needs were being met.

As the company grew, the driver's main responsibilities had shifted. Unlike when he had his own territory in the Midwest, they had less and less time to look for new business. They continued to focus on a customer service model, but it proved more difficult. Part of Darren's focus was to go out and meet with their established client base and see how things were going, looking for better ways to service their needs. While he did, he would make stops at places that weren't customers, hoping to bring them on board.

He had eight full-time drivers, each in charge of a different territory up and down the East Coast. With some of his duties as the district manager requiring him to work at his office half the time, he set a schedule where he would be there one week and travel the next. That also meant that he'd rotate where he would travel to make sure he hit each territory evenly. That being the case, he only made it to New York about four times a year and he had to make the most of those trips, because two of the days would be spent just driving to and from there. He wasn't just going to the iconic city, he was also covering most of the Empire State. He usually started in Buffalo, and then made his way to New York City as the week progressed. There was always a lot riding on that trip whenever he went.

Betsy knew that, but it didn't stop her from wanting one more romp in the sack. With him being home more because of how this job was structured versus when he was a full-time driver, she became a bit spoiled when it came to their sex life. Their vacations with their friends had opened up their marriage in some ways, and it lit a fire inside her that was no longer easy to control.

She wasn't screwing around on him like her friend Paula did on her husband though. She was different than Paula, whose husband Rob was all for it, encouraging his little vixen to go out and get laid because it turned him on. That didn't interest Betsy. The extent of her extra-curricular marital activity was confined to that one week a year when she and Darren would head to Chicago and meet up with the Richardsons and the Fosters, and she was content with that. It was the sex within her marriage that she focused on. She seemed to always want more. That meant looking for adventurous ways to spice up their marriage, in and out of the bedroom.

That was why she was standing on the carport. She'd spent the first couple of days moping after Darren had left. She wasn't upset that she didn't get laid. It had more to do with the fact that they'd had an argument of sorts and they didn't really make up before he left.

She knew why. She was being a whiny bitch, and he called her on it. He even said something about it when she offered to give him a goodbye blowjob as he walked out the door. He responded to that proposal by joking that it was her way of holding her breath in order to get her way. She didn't see the humor in his comment, really, but she went along, saying that perhaps she was. It was all in hopes that he'd let her, and in doing so, she might be able to entice him to go ahead and fuck her anyway.

Instead, he turned her down, telling her that she was an incredible cocksucker, going so far as to confirm she was the best he'd ever had. He could have said the same thing about all of her sexual skills. But then he added that she was going to have to hold her breath a long time because he had to go.

That comment stung at first. Not the part about being great at sucking his cock. She actually took pride in that, and any other time she would have been beaming at his genuine compliment. It hurt that he'd ignored her obvious ploy and then left abruptly, not even bothering to kiss her. The pain of that moment lingered for a couple of days. Then it became more like an itch; one she found herself scratching constantly in private moments. She masturbated the first couple of days to the thought of him coming home and how she might greet him.

Those feelings were then fueled by something she'd seen in the newspaper on Wednesday; an article she'd read dozens of times since. It was a nice change of pace from the story that had been grabbing all the attention of the reporters for days.

Betsy and Darren subscribed to the Washington Post, having it delivered to their house each day. Washington DC was the closest major metropolis to where they lived in Northern Virginia, and the Post was the most renowned newspaper the city had to offer.

Most of the headlines of late seemed to revolve around a break-in at an upscale hotel and office complex in downtown Washington. One of the offices was the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee; a group in charge of finding the person to run for that party against the incumbent President in the election coming up that November. Five men had been caught breaking into the headquarters and they were subsequently arrested. The tales of intrigue grew from there, and the story thread wouldn't go away.

It seemed every day there would be new developments, and the reporters covering them were all over it. Betsy read it with vested interest, not knowing why it intrigued her so much, besides that it was captivating. The idea that a group of men would break into a political party headquarters rang of something sinister, and yet there was nothing much beyond that at first. Still, she found herself searching each edition of the paper, reading whatever she could about it.

A large part of that was who Betsy was. She had been an English major in college, but she had her minor in History. It was a subject she loved, and it was brought to the forefront when they moved to Virginia. She became obsessed with the Civil War, reading books and visiting museums and battlefields. But she also was keen on keeping up with current events, which was why she had a subscription to the newspaper to begin with. She prided herself on being educated and well-read.

She hated the stigmatism that came with being a homemaker. She had graduated college toward the top of her class, making the Dean's list her final two years. She was more than just a wife and mother. She was intelligent, funny, and strikingly beautiful. Not to be conceited, but she felt she was the whole package. Reading the paper was one of many ways for her to feel connected to a world she wasn't working in. She hoped there would come a time in her life when she'd enter the workforce. It wouldn't be any time soon but she was certain it would happen. She wanted it to happen, hoping someday to put her degree to better use than just crossword puzzles. And she wanted to be ready for whenever that might come.

That was why she was drawn to the story. She envisioned herself as a journalist, working for a newspaper. Or perhaps an investigative reporter like the two men whose bylines seemed to dominate the articles on the break-in and the subsequent details that followed. The idea of combining her love of writing in a job that rewarded her natural curiosity about significant events would be incredible. But she knew it would drastically change her home life, and she wasn't willing to go there just yet.

A plus side of not having a professional job was that she was able to work her daily schedule around the things she did at the house. Darren never took her for granted, often telling her that her job of raising their kids was worth far more than he could ever afford to pay her. She appreciated that kind of support, loving that he meant every word he said. But she also teased him, saying that his payment was to keep her happy... and that meant he had to give her orgasms.

He had been able to do that much easier with the way his job was now structured. He often popped home in the middle of the day whenever he wasn't on the road, and she'd drop whatever she was doing if he wanted to have a quickie... or sometimes even longer. It was the best perk of not working a paying job; the mid-day rendezvous. It was seldom announced, but it was always incredible.

The downside to being at home all the time was that it was often boring. That was why no matter what, come noon, she'd sit down for an hour and read that morning newspaper. Darren would often read the sports section before heading off to work when he was home, then reading the more important things later in the day when he unwound from work. Betsy always started with the front page. She was a speed reader, able to consume a great deal of information while just skimming over the copy. Sometimes she would slow down, wanting to let the information sink in more deeply if she found it interesting, but it was incredible how much of the paper she could devour in just an hour.

She had a pattern, part of her overwhelming need to be detailed and organized. She left the sports section to Darren, finding out all she needed to know from him or their kids. If they were going to talk at the dinner table, that's usually the subject that would come up, and she didn't mind. It was a surefire way for her husband to bond with his boys and she loved him for it.

Instead, she would concentrate on areas of the paper where she needed to feel fed intellectually. She would always start with the front page, working through that section first. She wouldn't read every article; only those that interested her. But she glanced at them all, reading the headline, and then the first paragraph. After that, she'd either keep reading or move on.

Next, she read the local area news, knowing she needed to feel in tune with things that were happening immediately around her. Of course, local meant Washington DC, as well as parts of Maryland and Northern Virginia, but it gave her a sense of community. That's where she first read about the pending plans to build an interstate near their town to connect it to DC, and how things in their immediate area might be about to change.

She'd move on to the business section. It was important to her from the aspect of any future career she might have. She looked for trends and new ideas. She followed the stock market, giving Darren tips for their portfolio because he didn't always have the time. He was smart enough to trust her, knowing she'd never lead their family down a dangerous path. If she suggested something, she'd done her research and he knew it would fairly risk-free.

If she had time left in her hour, she'd expand her reading to the entertainment section. She seldom got that far, finding too many articles that interested her in the other three sections, but every once in a while she'd find it had been a slow news day, and she'd actually get to dive into something far less serious. Whenever she did, she felt like she'd stumbled onto some guilty pleasure, as if she were reading something she shouldn't have been wasting her time on. There had to be better things she could be doing than reading about movie stars or television shows. But it was part of her discipline. She gave herself one hour to read the paper each day and she never shortchanged it.

When Wednesday rolled around, it was one of those days where nothing she read in the first three sections really captivated her attention. She browsed several articles, reading two of them in depth, but most of the things she came across weren't that compelling.

"I may have to cave in and read about sports today," she surmised as she put down the business section.

Picking up the entertainment section, she read the front page above the fold, finding little interesting. It wasn't until she got to page four where the movie reviews were that she found her eyes stopping in their tracks, leaving optic skid marks on the page. She actually thought she might have heard them screech to a halt. Reading the headline again, she became fascinated. She'd read movie reviews before, but nothing like this. While it followed the same basic format of others she'd read in the past, including many from that particular film critic, this was markedly different. And that was because of the genre of the film.

mimaster
mimaster
831 Followers