All Comments on 'Blackmail'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
KarnevilKarnevilabout 1 year ago

Technically well written, but unfortunately the narrative was oh so boring. There was no emotion, no drama - everything was pretty obvious from the start due to the macho posturing - and the whole thing came across like a guy bragging to his mates in a bar.

The wife was sensible enough not to further ensnare herself, which was a nice change, and the bad guy got what he deserved. But sadly there wasn't enough thought used on getting there. We didn't really need the superman adventures of the main character, if it was meant to gain empathy for him I'm afraid it didn't work, instead it just made him seem like some self important blowhard.

Basically a good idea, but any real storytelling was sacrificed for the good buddy posturing.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

Nice loving wife story.

This should be SOP on blackmail, to talk it out with the spouse before doing anything.

Good thing the husband was a former Marines and not a wimpy cuck.

Nice story Mr. richardbeforedwhite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was going to comment but Karnevil pretty much said it already.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Nice to see a blackmail story where the wife talks to the husband before she does anything stupid.

Lack of editing really destroyed the readability of this story.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

Finally a story where the cheater "communicates" with the spouse about blackmail

SkubabillSkubabillabout 1 year ago

Five stars from me. I loved it, but I always enjoy well-written over the top stuff.

crazycam69crazycam69about 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this story. I liked the premise where the blackmailed wife went to her husband instead of trying to solve the problem herself by giving in to the blackmailer.

The only bit of constructive criticism is the use of the word "dinner" when it was supposed to be "diner". Dinner is the meal. Diner is the place to eat.

Based on the story, 5 stars.

ibbunkibbunkabout 1 year ago

Thank you for teaching me anew word.

Callypgian!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

We need more stories of this quality! Content 100%! Outcome perfect.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

There was no tension in this story. But a murder and that's not acceptable to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How quaint! An LW story wher the wife actually tells hubby about a blackmail attempt! Good on ya!

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"I was quite for a minute". Quite what? For this, and the hundred+ other errors, please find a proofreader. Thanks.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
It

Was worth 5 *'s I'm glad she told the husband the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Hits all of my buttons. Super when a loving couple comms. And produced good results. Water boarding is as bad as it gets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

started badly, with a 'supposed joke' in the opening line, and somehow actually got worse all the same, even after that awful beginning.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonabout 1 year ago

It's pleasing to see a story where the LW is defending her marriage against predators.

ken philipsken philipsabout 1 year ago

Godawful story. Utterly predictable wanker "hero" story by numbers. I stopped when I got to the murder scene. The husband was no army hero - just an evil murderer no better than the fucktard he murdered. Next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written and a happy ending…..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Original story line. Well-told. Five stars.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story was okay until you off the creep. Once you got the evidence u could have let him go. He had two ex wife’s and kids to support. You put the fear of live in him. So I doubt you would have had any further trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Karnevil said it all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that is how to handle a blackmailer. Before they become a problem and after to never bother anyone again.

This is what happens when you fuck with the wrong mans family. Absolutely zero sympathy or remorse for what happened to the asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The problem here is americas murder to solve situations real or unreal in one’s head. Now with 450 million guns out there. People who have been brought up in this era with any grievances see the way out with murder mass or individual killings. Ronald Reagan had a no assault rifle ban. Then George bush let it lapse. Now all we see on the news is a murder or mass shootings. The republicans see votes and we all pay a price.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who is 'ben Laden'? I especially liked the part about being wounded three times. Really? Part of the .001% who can claim that on one enlistment? Maybe John F. Kerry wounds. Also, the line about the 9mm he carried on patrol. Never carried it on guard duty or at any other time in a combat zone? The way these Chairborne Commandos write is pure, comedy gold-- it's not one single thing as much as it's the tone, the word usage, the mindset and the emphasis on the wrong things. Yeah, King Henry was right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Could it be that in reality Jane was not drugged at all, but was a willing participant in that orgy, which is why she looked so enthusiastic about the action, and not at all sluggish and disoriented. And whether it was an isolated incident in her almost "flawless" past or it was a long series of similar parties and it was she herself who was the wild neighbor she called Becky. Having deprived herself of her virginity with the help of an impressive 8 1/2 inches, she could well begin to desire and look for similar sizes in life. And so began a string of sex parties. Therefore, she was very interested in the tortures and the final elimination of the suddenly appeared, lustful and greedy witness of her past escapades.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but editing is lacking. Bad spelling at makes reading difficult.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Best of the six stories of varying quality that you posted in one day. This was an easy *5 for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good and how a wife and husband should handle a problem like this . Not the wife falling and fucking others , or becoming the guys prostitution girl or paying the guy .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it. A five from me. I really liked that the wife didn't give in to the blackmail before talking with her husband. This is rare.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, a tough guy, huh?

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

At least she told him everything prior to marriage...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really liked the 4 dollar and 38 cent line. Hilarious 😂. Really shows slimeball's value.

dikupinyadikupinya9 months ago
Great story

Somehow the details of the death worked their way around the office and someone started an envelope around. Four dollars and 38 cents was collected and was used for cleaning supplies to clean out his cubicle and desk. This part cracked me up. LOL

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another average due to cliche torture 90% successful tried All through history and even our own use is lucky if 50%!

And many of those involved take the remorse with them rest of life if don't have mental breakdown.

Others have fun dates with demons!

Personally I served in Nam and knew both sides practiced it. Made me ashamed of our country.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Was he a genius or are the authors maths a problem. Two years at UW and the three years in the corps and he was only twenty?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I also agree that this was good that the wife told the husband right up front instead of letting him blackmail her. Of course she was drugged, which in my mind she didn't do it purposely and therefore very easy to forgivable. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

And nobody batted an eye when that selfish, arrogant asshole was removed from the gene pool permanently. All's well that ends well. Nice to see a loving wife not caving although it does seem that if it wasn't for the husband's belief in their marriage and love for his wife, it could have went a different route. The fact that she didn't let him in on what was happening immediately allows for the possibility that she would have went along with the blackmail, which of course, as we all know (and was confirmed in the story) would only have been the start of a downward spiral leading to her destruction and the end of her marriage and life as she knew it. Nice to see it turned out well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous