Blaire and Foster - A New Direction Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I spent an hour in the sauna. I knew it was longer than doctors usually recommend, but I had brought a big bottle of water with me so I felt like the biggest risk was resolved. The steam was masking my surroundings from me, so I felt safe to finally let out all the sorrow and loss I had been bottling up for weeks. I sobbed and sobbed and with the hot temperatures outside it seemed as though no one else was interested to spend time in the sauna, so I had the place to myself. It felt good to cry and sob and sweat and just be, no talking, no thinking, just releasing. As I stepped out of the sauna door, the breeze off the ocean felt like a spirit of new life was baptizing me. Step forth into the world and live anew was the overwhelming sense that came over me. I smiled at the irony, such a message as we closed off the year and celebrated a new one that night.

I met Jan back at the room, we had a drink and then took a puff of the joint that Jan had scored from the bartender's apprentice, who had taken a liking to her earlier that day and who Jan had invited to join us that night at the club. I was distracted anyway with my thoughts about Blaire so I didn't mind that she was now going against our plans of wild, single girls New Year's Eve, since Jan was amazing and deserved to have some fun.

We got dressed in our fanciest attire and strolled up the beach, feeling buzzed and content under the clear, star-filled sky. The sound of the waves and the evening breeze made the night feel full of energy, possibility and also peace. It was the perfect way to start a fresh year, with calm resolve and a little bit of anticipation. I paused before entering the Kviar Disco, I grasped Jan by the elbow and told her to stop for a moment and just take in the stars. A couple of shooting stars flashed across the sky, and we both made a wish for good things to come.

"Thanks so much Jan for convincing me to do this trip. It's really just what I needed, I think that I am missing Blaire a bit more than I was willing to admit to myself, and I really needed this trip and tonight to get myself back on track." I told her, sincerely grateful in that moment.

"I'm glad we did this too. I've missed you this past semester and I really do want you to find your way back to your optimistic, joyful and open self. I could see how disappointed that this thing with Blaire hadn't worked out as you had hoped, but girl, you deserve to find someone who cherishes you, your commitment, your support, your deep caring, your overactive imagination and your patience. You've waited for that kind of truth for so long that I don't want you to settle for anything less," she reassured me, holding my hands in hers and staring straight into my soul. Then a mischievous smile crossed her face and she said, "But for tonight- have fun, kiss someone and enjoy the anonymity of this place. I know that's not your usual style, but I want you to let go and get a little blast of dopamine before the new year starts."

I nodded and we went in. The place was electric as bottomless champagne flowed and the steady beats of merengue and salsa buzzed in the air. It was impossible to stay off the dance floor and after a couple hours my feet and hips were tired from the constant gyrations. It was 11:30 and I had been so wrapped up in dancing I had barely paid attention to the others in the club. I knew Jan would be disappointed if I didn't find someone to kiss at midnight but I wasn't sure I even had the heart for that. My heart was still curious and longing for Blaire. Even though I was pretty sure she was off celebrating somewhere with Andrew and he would be her first for the new year, I still had no desire to kiss anyone else.

Blaire

We strolled up the beach before getting to the most popular club in the area. It was a clear night and there was an energy in the air, a promise of a new year, new opportunities and maybe a new shot at fixing the situation with Bella. I couldn't wait to get back to school and see her. Andrew and I danced for hours, like there was no tomorrow, he had taken dance lessons when he was younger and was the perfect lead to teach my awkward self the salsa. It was a lot more fun than I had expected!

There was bottomless champagne offered to everyone, included in the door entrance fee. It wasn't the best tasting champagne but it was going down very easily. When I spun around too quickly, even my eyes were having trouble to stabilize. It was almost midnight, so I just had to wait a few more minutes before asking Andrew to walk me back to our room. I decided to sit at a booth near the washrooms to catch my breath and re-hydrate myself so I could make it the clock strike. As I sat, I watched as a tall, sleek woman with a slit on her dress from the top of her thigh to her ankle, make her way over to Andrew. He looked over at me for reassurance that it was cool for him to entertain her attention and I smiled and nodded with an encouraging wink. They started to dance and you could see the chemistry instantly between them.

I scanned the room when my eyes fell upon a woman passing in front of the entrance. I blinked and looked away, and then looked back to make sure my eyes weren't betraying me. My heart started pumping faster in disbelief, as if I had seen a ghost. I pushed my way through the crowd, which was starting to get tighter as the countdown was just a minute away. I music was louder and as I tried to call across the room to get her attention, it was in vain as my voice was drowned out completely. I pushed past couples and single guys trying to grab at my waist to pull in close before the 3-2-1- kiss was due to happen. She was walking to the far corner of the club and with each second closer to midnight, she remained just out of my reach. I shoved my way more and more aggressively through the crowd, desperate to reach her so that she could be my new year's kiss.

Bella

It was a minute away from midnight, I pushed my way through the crowd back to the corner where Jan and the bartender were waiting for me with a glass of champagne for the countdown toast. I had given up looking around for a cute woman to kiss at midnight, and was mentally prepared for the earful I would likely get from Jan for not letting loose more. Some people in the crowd were uber-eager to start counting- 20, 19.... I was so close I could see them and they held my glass up with "hurry up" looks on their face... 15, 14... I could swear I had heard my name being called behind me, I glanced over my shoulder but the crowd had already closed off the path I had taken to get this far... 10, 9, 8, 7... Almost there, I reached my hand above the head of a short man to get a hold on my champagne glass... 3, 2....

Then I felt the warm hand on my back, it was familiar, and I spun around as I called out the final second, "1- Happy New...." My jaw dropped as I looked into Blaire's face. No words would come out of my mouth and my eyes were as wide as saucers! Before a smile could spread across my face, she was leaning in for a kiss. We embraced for what felt like hours. We were still kissing when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned slightly to see Jan and the bartender smiling at me with their glasses raised for a toast. I pressed in for one last second and then pulled my lips away from Blaire's. Smiling from ear to ear and looking back and forth from Blaire to Jan and back again. I could barely believe my eyes.

"Jan, this is Blaire!" is all I could say before looking back at her with astonishment. "What the heck are you doing here????"

"I have been here with Andrew for a few days. But we talked today, and I told him that I had to put us on hold for a bit, because more than anything right now, I have to, I mean, I want to see if there is something worth pursuing between you and I. I don't know why I didn't say it before, but I care about you and don't want to think about my life without you in it. Can we try again Bella? I promise I will never hide anything from you again," she said with a hint of shame on her voice.

"Of COURSE! I want nothing less. We all get scared and confused at times, this whole thing is just as new for me as you. I haven't felt as strongly about anyone as this before. Thank you for giving us a second chance!" I spoke from my heart, looking deep into her eyes. They held some apprehension, sadness and fear still, but I knew that with time and communication, we could figure it all out.

We kissed and danced some more, despite the hours of dancing we had both done before midnight, this new year had already brought new energy. We lasted longer than both Andrew and Jan, and when the lights were flicked on at closing time, we squinted and made our way out to the beach to walk home just as the sun was starting to crack its way on the horizon in the eastern sky. We paused and held each other close as we breathed in the moment. This was the start of something beautiful.

Epilogue

Blaire's final semester was busy but Bella and her found a good balance of time spent together and time spent keeping up with life responsibilities. They grew closer and closer as they spent a few evenings every week talking until all hours of the morning. Blaire finally took Bella home to meet her parents during the Easter weekend and they embraced her with just as much love and warmth as they had with Andrew during Christmas. They told Blaire that as long as she was happy and Bella was respecting and treating her well, they were overjoyed.

Although the sexual and emotional chemistry between them grew stronger and stronger over time, they did face a huge challenge at the end of the year. Blaire received a job offer in San Francisco and Bella was given a huge scholarship to stay and finish her degree at the college. Bella couldn't leave, the financial benefits of staying were far too great. So they decided that they would try to continue a long distance relationship, as Blaire would come back a few times during the year to see her parents. Over time, they slowly grew apart and they decided that it was probably best to not stay exclusive. They both had needs and it was becoming increasingly difficult to see a future with them still together.

"You know, the universe has already brought us together twice," smirked Blaire as they sat in the college diner having a coffee and trying to figure out what they would do next. "So maybe we just see whether it can bring us back together one more time."

She had a point, thought Bella, and they hugged and went their separate ways, with a gratitude and appreciation for the time and the bond that they had shared.