Brittany Buckles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Holy cow, that's one hell of a bouquet."

"Yeah, I get a little carried away when cutting roses for someone. I hope you don't mind."

"Heck no, there's enough there for me to spread around my apartment. Thank you."

"You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy them."

By then we had walked around his entire property, and the sun was getting low in the sky. As much as I longed to stay, I decided it was time to go.

"As much as I have enjoyed my evening here, I should go. Another long day awaits me tomorrow."

"I understand. Don't forget your lunch."

He walked me to my car. I hated to leave, but hoped he might kiss me goodbye.

"Good night Brittany, I am really glad you surprised me."

Instead of kissing me, he was a gentleman and opened the car door. I hopped in, sighed with happiness and drove home.

Chapter 4

Jack

What a day!

To my great surprise, Brittany showed up at my door once again. And even more unbelievable, my suspicions were correct, she was indeed interested in me. Why, though, I still haven't a clue.

Our evening was spontaneous and special. Both of us had our guards down and we just enjoyed each other's company. I would have never in a million years imagined a woman of her caliber would be so pleasant and down to Earth.

When I walked her to her car, we both hesitated. I know I wanted to kiss her, and I felt she wanted my kiss. We had just spent a few hours together for the first time and I wasn't ready to take that leap. I still had doubts in my mind.

I went back inside and poured myself a glass of Crown Royal on the rocks and took a seat on the back patio, watching the world go to sleep.

I hadn't been sitting long when my phone chimed.

I expected it to be Brittany, but instead it was Amanda.

Amanda: 'Hey sexy, we just upgraded our mammogram machines. We have thirteen available, four are nonfunctional, are you interested?'

Me: 'You know I am! When?'

Amanda: 'The sooner, the better. Will tomorrow work, and then we can have dinner tomorrow night?'

Me: 'Yes I can be there and dinner sounds great, but this trip it will be only dinner. Sorry.'

Amanda: 'Oh? What's going on?'

Me: 'I met someone, not sure if it's going anywhere, but I want to find out.'

Amanda: 'Awesome, I can't wait to hear the details. Text me when you get into town.'

Me: 'Will do, thanks for understanding.'

Amanda: 'Of course, we knew it would happen someday, good night.'

I sat there wondering what the hell I was doing. Amanda had been a friend with benefits for several years now. We always both agreed if either of us got involved with someone, we would revert back to being just friends.

I was thinking about changing my mind. Amanda is incredibly sexy and an amazing lover after all. When my phone chimed again, I expected it to be Amanda, but instead I found a pleasant surprise.

Brittany: 'Image'

She had all the roses I had cut for her arranged in three different vases.

Brittany: 'Thanks again for the roses, I love them. I know this sounds pretty sad, but tonight was one of the best nights I can remember.'

Me: 'You're very welcome, but why is that sad?'

Brittany: 'Because the best night I have had in years was cooking dinner, doing dishes and picking roses. Not exactly the lifestyles of the rich and famous.'

Me: 'What's more important? Lifestyles of the rich and famous, or being happy and having a good time?'

Brittany: 'Happy for sure. But that's not what I've had driven into my head my entire life.'

Me: 'Well, to tell you the truth it was one of the best nights I've had in years too.'

Brittany: Really? I find that very surprising.'

Me: 'Why?'

Brittany: 'Because you seem to be so happy, confident, and put together. You don't need to try and impress anyone.'

Me: 'That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me, thanks.'

Brittany: 'You're welcome, think we could do it again sometime?'

Me: 'Definitely!'

Later as I crawled into bed, Brittany was still in my thoughts. Yeah, I definitely want to see if this will go anywhere.

Brittany

The next morning I was so excited, I thought I would burst. I had to talk to someone before I exploded. It was still early enough in the morning that I could hide in my office and not be bothered.

I dialed my best and only friend Carmen.

"Hey Brit, what's up?"

I could hear her kids playing in the background. How I envied her simple domestic life more and more often.

"You won't believe what happened to me."

"You got your own dealership?"

"No, I wouldn't be this excited. I met a man!"

She knew how to tease me.

"You meet men all the time. What's different about this one?"

"I don't know. From the moment I met him, he has turned me to mush. I can't get him off my mind."

I recapped how we met, my daring visit to his house and our evening together.

"Let me get this straight, you not only cooked with him, but helped him do the dishes? And you are interested in this guy? Who are you and what did you do to my best friend?"

"I know, right? This is totally not me."

"Are you going to see him again?"

"We said we would, but didn't set anything up."

"OK word of advice, men are dense. You need to let him know you are interested and want to see him again, the sooner the better."

"He sent me leftovers for lunch. I will text him when I eat and hopefully call him tonight."

"Good luck, keep me updated. I have to run, kids are bouncing off the walls today."

"Thanks, Carm."

Chapter 5

Jack

The next morning, I hooked up Betsy to my trailer and headed to Chicago. It was only a three hour drive, which gave me plenty of time to think about Brittany. She seemed so genuine and real, the type of woman I loved to be around. What gave me concern is beautiful sexy women like Brittany are usually never genuine and real, so I kept trying to figure out what the catch was.

I was waiting in a traffic jam when my phone chimed. It was a text from Brittany with a picture of her half eaten lunch.

Brittany: 'OMG, how can it taste better today than it did last night?'

Me: 'Because all the flavors had time to blend together.'

Brittany: 'So so good, thank you. I really appreciate it. Back to work, have a great day.'

Me: 'You too.'

I fought through the traffic and made it to the hospital early in the afternoon. I paid for the used equipment and loaded it into the trailer. I found and checked into my usual hotel, although tonight I will be sleeping alone.

I met Amanda at our normal restaurant and exchanged our customary hug. She hooked me up with obsolete equipment from various Chicago hospitals about once a month. Our business relationship eventually evolved into a physical one.

"So, who's this new woman that's replaced me in your bed?"

"Honestly my bed is still empty. I haven't even kissed her yet."

"So it's serious then?"

I laughed at her attempt at humor.

"Normally this is the type of woman I wouldn't give a second thought about. She comes from a rich family, she's beautiful and sexy. But surprisingly down to Earth, honest, and not stuck on herself. If anything, she may be a little insecure."

"Do you have a picture of her?"

I pulled up the social media page of the dealership and zoomed in on Brittany and handed her the phone.

"Wow, I've never had sex with a woman in my life, but she would sure make me consider it."

I laughed as I took back my phone.

"I'm not sure what she sees in me though."

"Oh Jack, if you would just open your eyes, you would see women are trying to get your attention all the time. Remember I had to throw myself at you before you noticed I was interested."

Just then, my phone chimed. I barely glanced at it, not wanting to be rude to Amanda.

"Is that her?"

"Yeah."

"Well, are you going to leave her hanging, or see what she wants?"

"I don't want to be rude to you. It's not polite to text her while dining with you."

"Heck no, I am interested in where this is going. See if she will send you a nude."

"Absolutely not!"

She moved closer to me so she could see the conversation.

I looked over at her with an amused look on my face.

She looked back at me with mock indignation.

"What? I knew what we had would end someday. You're too much of a catch to stay single for this long. Humor me a little."

I opened up my messages so we could both read them.

Brittany: 'Hey what's up?'

Me: 'I'm in Chicago picking up a load of equipment, having a late dinner with a friend.'

Brittany: 'Oh, I am sorry to interrupt, I'll catch you later.'

Me: 'It's a business dinner, what's up with you?'

Brittany: 'I just got home from work a little bit ago. After eating your home cooked food, everything I have seems gross. I thought about trying to cook, but I would probably just burn the place down. I was wondering what you were cooking up tonight so I could be jealous.'

Me: 'I'm glad I was able to open your eyes to real food.'

Amanda elbowed me in the ribs.

"She's begging you to invite her over again. Open your eyes."

"You think so?"

"Ask her if she wants another lesson tomorrow night and see how fast she responds."

Me: 'I'll be home at a decent time tomorrow, want to come over for another cooking lesson?'

Brittany: 'YES!!!!!!!!!!!'

Amanda had to rub it in.

"Will you look at that, I was right. Looks like someone's buying dinner tonight."

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't I always pay for dinner?"

"Yeah, but tonight I'm going to order dessert! See she's into you. Ask her if she has any allergies or foods she doesn't like."

"I was going to if you give me two seconds."

Me: 'So, any foods you hate, or anything you want to learn how to make?'

Brittany: 'Hmmm, if you are taking requests, I will have to think of something good. As far as dislikes, not really. I'm pretty open minded.'

Just then our food showed up.

Me: 'Hey, our food just showed up. If you're going to be up for a while, can I call you when I get back to my room?'

Brittany: 'That would be great, gives me time to think up something good.'

Me: 'Ok talk soon.'

Amanda looked at me like I was crazy.

"What did you do that for? I was enjoying myself."

"Because I'm hungry, and the sooner we eat, the sooner I can call her in the privacy of my room."

"Spoil sport."

Even though we have been lovers for a couple years, Amanda was also a good friend who wanted the best for me. When we parted, I promised to keep her in the loop about how it went with my new love interest.

I was anxious to get back to my hotel so I could call Brittany, but Chicago traffic cooperates for no one. It was after eleven before I made it back into my room. I hesitated calling her since the hour was late, but decided if she was interested in me, she would be upset if I didn't call.

I dialed her number and started wondering if I made a mistake after it rang several times.

"Hello."

Her voice was mumbly and I could tell I woke her, immediately I felt guilty. Not everyone was free to make their own schedule like I was.

"Hey Brittany, sorry I woke you. I just got back to my room. I can let you go back to sleep."

"Wasn't sleeping, just closed my eyes for a few minutes."

"Ah ok, so what would you like to cook tomorrow night?"

She was obviously about to fall back asleep on the phone.

"Um, food."

I tried not to laugh at her. After all, we have all been there at some point in our lives.

"Brittany?"

"Hmmmmmm."

"I hope you dream of me tonight."

In a slurred sleepy voice, she responded, "That would be so great."

"Brittany."

"Hmmmmmm?"

"Go to sleep, call me tomorrow."

"K."

I could hear her breathing deeply and almost laughed when she let out a cute little snore. I listened to her sleep for several minutes before hanging up. I undressed and climbed into bed alone, but content with the choice I had made tonight.

Brittany

When my six o'clock alarm went off, I groaned in frustration. I wanted to curl up and go back to sleep so badly. I realized I was still holding my almost dead phone and started to tear up when I realized Jack hadn't called me like he said he would.

I was dead tired and had tried to stay up, but ended up falling asleep with my phone in my hand waiting for his call. I had a really shitty workout, my heart just wasn't in it. I wondered if I should reach out, considering he was the one who was supposed to call me. I didn't want to come across as needy this early on.

By the time I got to my office, I was a whirlwind of emotions. My secretary Jillian took one look at me and shut my office door behind me. A few minutes later, she brought me a cup of hot coffee. God, I loved her.

I decided I would be worthless all day if I didn't at least reach out.

Me: 'Hey, I thought you were going to call me last night.' Crying emoji.

I was happily surprised when my phone chimed within a few seconds.

Jack: 'I did call you, don't you remember?'

Now I was confused. He didn't call me.

Me: 'Nope, must have been someone else you called.'

Jack: 'Open your call log and see.'

I went to my call list, and sure enough, there was a three minute conversation with Jack last night at 11:14 pm.

Me: 'OMG I feel so stupid, I don't remember a word of it.'

Jack: 'Yeah, I knew I woke you up, but didn't realize you were sleep talking to me. No wonder you said the things you did.' Wink emoji.

I started to panic. My god, what if I had said some of the things I had been thinking about?

Me: 'Please no, I am never going to leave my office again.'

Jack: 'Relax, you didn't say anything too incriminating. But you did promise to call me today about dinner tonight, that is if you are still interested.'

Me: 'Yes for sure. I have a meeting in ten minutes, but I will call on my lunch break, is that ok?'

Jack: 'Anytime is fine, I have a flexible schedule.'

Me: 'Ok, talk soon.'

Immediately I felt like a new woman. I felt silly for what happened. Thankfully, he didn't seem upset about it.

I grabbed my coffee and reports and left for the meeting room. When I opened my office door, I shot my secretary a big smile. I was on cloud nine.

She was surprised by my mood swing and commented, "That must be some damn good coffee."

"It is. You are the best, thanks."

I didn't give her any more details and headed to my meeting, unable to stop smiling the whole time. During the meeting, I really didn't pay much attention. It was the same rah rah rah speech we all heard every day.

At lunch, I grabbed a taco salad and locked myself in my office to call Jack, excited to hear his voice. He must have been waiting for my call as he picked up after the first ring.

"Why hello there, sleeping beauty."

"Ha ha, now you know to never try talking to me while I am half asleep."

"It was actually kinda cute and comical."

"Well, go ahead and tell me what embarrassing things I said."

"You didn't say anything embarrassing at all, just kinda mumbled. But the cute part was when you started snoring while the call was still connected."

"I did not. My god, I don't know if I can face you again."

"Does that mean you changed your mind about dinner?"

"Ok, you got me."

"Anything special sound good to you, or do you want me to surprise you?"

"Any chance you know how to make sushi?"

"Yeah, but we can't make it tonight. I like to make the rice a day ahead of time, it forms into rolls much easier if we do."

"Oh wow, how about sushi for our third cooking lesson then?"

"Deal. It's a beautiful day. I thought we could grill something and eat on the patio. By the time you get here, it will be cool enough to enjoy the evening."

"Do you want me to pick up the groceries? It's not fair to have you feed me all the time."

"Paying for groceries is the least of my worries. Just make sure you're hungry when you get here."

"What are your worries then?"

"You know, the normal things. Holes in the ozone layer, the price of tea in China, and I will wake up from my dream about this wonderful woman who's interested in me."

My heart skipped several beats. We hadn't really flirted much yet, and here he was telling me I am wonderful.

"Hello, you there?"

"Yeah, you caught me by surprise. I thought I was the only one who worried about the price of tea in China anymore."

He started laughing at my quick comeback.

"What time should I expect you, and do you want to cook with me, or just show up and eat?"

"I won't learn anything if I don't help. If you don't mind waiting and eating late, it could be anywhere between six and eight."

"Nope, I will get all the prep work done so it will be quick and easy."

"Ok, I can't wait."

"Text me when you are on your way so I can get the grill going."

"Ok, I have to run, see you tonight."

After we hung up, I picked at my salad thinking of Jack and our date tonight. Then I remembered something he said. He was worried I would stop being interested in him. Could he be as insecure as me even though he seems to have it all together?

Anyone who knows me would think I have it all myself. I have a killer body and know I am beautiful. I come from a rich family, and a great paying career has been handed to me. Yet I am incredibly insecure.

I am expected to marry someone rich and powerful to further the family business. Every man my mother has introduced me to treated me like a sports car they were test driving, trying to decide whether to buy it or not. I have always wanted to meet a man who would be interested in being with me for my personality.

Jack was the first man I had met who treated me like a person instead of an object. If he was as insecure as I was, I needed to reassure him. I shot him off a quick text.

Me: 'Even if you do wake from your dream, this woman will still be very interested in you, no matter what the price of tea in China is!'

I felt happy and content for the first time in forever. I didn't have to wait long before I got a return message.

Brittany: 'You are a living dream. I hope I never wake from it.'

My knees became weak and my stomach flip flopped. For the first time in my life, I felt wanted for me, desired for who I am, not for what I looked like or what family I belonged to.

Thankfully, for once the lot was a ghost town. I never understood why we could be swamped one day, and totally dead the next, but I wasn't going to complain. A little before six, I told the sales team I had enough boredom and would see them all tomorrow. I grabbed a Mustang off the lot and texted Jack I was on my way.

I kept my speed under 10 over but not by much. I roared into Jack's driveway, jumping out and running up to his front door. He answered the door almost immediately. Instinctively I stepped forward, threw my arms around his neck and kissed him. I'm not sure where my newfound confidence came from, but I liked it.

Chapter 6

Jack

I can't remember when I had been in such a great mood. For years I have been content being alone, but suddenly I wanted to belong to someone again. After chatting with Brittany, I stopped and grabbed some groceries. Once I arrived back home, I started prepping everything for dinner.