Brittany Buckles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't do any actual cooking other than putting the pork chops into a marinade. I cleaned the house a bit, took a shower and generally tried to keep busy, trying and failing to keep my mind off tonight's date with Brittany.

I didn't understand how this woman has captivated my attention so quickly. Many women I have dated were interested in where I could take them out to, or what I could buy them. Some just wanted pure sex, and although I have been known to indulge in those relationships, they always left me feeling empty inside.

Brittany was happy just to be with me, content with a night of boring domestic cooking and taking a walk. It is easy to see when someone is faking it or not, and I could tell she was happy to share an unspectacular night, just being herself.

My phone chimed with a text that she was on her way. I hurried up and lit the grill. I had a gas grill, but rarely used it. Nothing beats the taste of meat grilled over hot charcoal. I barely had the grill going when I heard a car coming down the road, and then coming up the drive.

Damn, she must have been hauling ass to be here already. By the time I walked through the house, the door bell was already ringing. As soon as I opened the door, she stepped forward, threw her arms around my neck and kissed me.

I was shocked, but went with it. I put my hands around her waist and kissed her back. It was soft, gentle, but full of passion. I knew right then it was the best kiss of my life.

She stepped back and shyly smiled at me.

"Wow, I'm not complaining, but what did I do to deserve this?"

She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Payment for cooking lessons."

"Well let's go, I want to make sure you get your kiss's worth."

I led her into the kitchen and held up a bottle of wine.

"Glass while we cook?"

"Oh yes."

"I have the pork chops marinating, and everything else ready for you to put together. Do you want to do the grilling as well?"

"You can do the grilling. I will watch."

We made a tomato and cucumber salad along with twice baked potatoes. When they were ready, we took our glasses to the patio where I grilled while she stood by me. Several times she touched my arm or leaned against me, giving me a little thrill every time.

It didn't take long for the chops to cook over the hot coals. I removed them, covered them in foil and put them on the table.

"Ok, ten minutes then we can eat. I'll fill up our wine."

She looked really confused. Everything else was ready to go.

"Why do we have to wait ten minutes?"

"You should let all meat rest at least ten minutes after you are done cooking. It ends up much more tender and juicier."

"I'm learning so much. I never knew cooking could be this much fun."

I gave her a teasing smile.

"Good, although it's gonna cost ya."

She leaned back in and gave me a quick kiss.

"That's all you get until we see how it tastes."

We enjoyed our dinner, making mostly small talk. I was happy she loved everything she ate.

"So, who taught you to cook so well?"

"I learned the basics from my parents, but really I'm mostly self taught. Watching Master Chef for years really inspired me. It's really satisfying taking a whole bunch of ingredients and turning it into something enjoyable. I love cooking for other people just to see their reactions."

"I'm sure you are a crowd pleaser. Tell me about your business."

"I buy obsolete or broken medical equipment for scrap price. Then I refurbish it as good as new and sell it. Some of the equipment goes to small hospitals and clinics here in the States, but most of it goes to Mexico and Central America. Many hospitals can't afford the latest and greatest expensive equipment, so they turn to me instead."

"I never imagined such a thing. Where did you go to college to learn everything?"

"Ha, I didnt even graduate high school, let alone college."

"I'm confused. How did you learn how to fix medical equipment then?"

"It started when I was fourteen. I was always a curious nerdy kid. Our television died a little after it was a year old, and of course it was out of warranty. I took it apart, found a couple bad circuits on the circuit board and fixed it. It was a thousand dollar television so my parents were really happy. After my first success I was hooked on fixing anything electrical."

"How did you get into medical equipment?"

"My dad was a maintenance guy at the local hospital. He kept challenging me to fix harder and more complex pieces of equipment. One day they had a piece of test equipment that had stopped working and they were going to throw it in the garbage. He brought it home and I fixed it. We sold it back to them for a thousand dollars, the rest is history."

"Hmm, sexy, good looking, and a natural genius who could be a famous chef. Tell me, how in the hell are you still single?"

"Just lucky, I guess."

"Hmmmm, I think I am the lucky one."

Brittany

I hated to, but I knew I had to get home soon. Fridays and Saturdays were killer days for me, and I was already starting to drag.

"Jack, as much as I hate to, I have to go."

"I understand. Can I see you this weekend?"

"Sunday, we can make sushi if you still feel like teaching me."

"Of course, do you have big plans tomorrow and Saturday night?"

I thought I heard a twinge of doubt or jealousy in his voice.

"Yeah, sleep when I can. Friday and Saturdays are killers for me. Twelve to fourteen hour days."

"I forgot. Those must be your busiest days."

"Yeah, walk me to my car?"

"Of course. I can't let you leave without paying for your lessons."

We walked back through the kitchen. He stopped and grabbed something out of the fridge, took my hand and walked me out to the car.

When we got to the car, he handed me a bag.

"Here, I made you lunch for tomorrow."

I almost teared up. What kind of guy makes you lunch after a couple of dates?

"What is it?"

"Wait and see tomorrow. Now, am I getting paid for tonight's lessons?"

How quickly this little romance is escalating. We met a little over a week ago, and now we are kissing goodnight.

Our night ended just like it started, with a soft tender kiss that was entirely too short.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"I'm sure I would do almost anything you would ask of me."

"Text me when you are in your apartment safe, otherwise I will just sit here and worry. Don't speed, and drive safely. I know you are a grown woman who has driven home thousands of times, but it would just make me feel better knowing you made it home ok."

"Ok."

I quickly gave him another kiss and jumped into my car before I started sobbing in front of him. No one had ever cared for me like this. Hell, my own parents didn't know or care when I came and went when I was living under their roof, let alone if I made it home safe or not.

As soon as I got back to my apartment, I got ready for bed, jumped in and pulled the blankets up around me. I took a selfie with just my head and arm poking out.

Me: 'Image'

Me: 'All home and snuggled up in bed, thanks for another wonderful night.'

Jack: 'The pleasure was all mine, I was paid very well!'

Me: 'We will see how I do with sushi and negotiate future payments then.'

Jack: 'I love a good challenge. Goodnight, dream of me if you can.'

Me: 'I hope I will, good night.'

I immediately fell into a sound sleep, and I did indeed dream of Jack. When I woke up the next morning I felt well rested. I realized I had been sleeping much better since I met him. Usually my nights consisted of short bouts of sleep mixed with tossing and turning. Now I slept through most of the night and felt great in the mornings.

I remembered to grab the lunch Jack packed for me, but didn't have a chance to sit down and eat until after two. When I took the container out of the bag there was a little note on top.

"Microwave on power level 5 for three minutes, then let rest for three minutes. Enjoy Heart Emoji."

Wow, this man knew exactly how to sweep a woman off her feet.

I followed the instructions and found a grilled porkchop and some rice pilaf. He had deboned and cut up the pork chop so all I had to do was eat. Unbelievably, it tasted as good as the previous nights.

I took a picture of the empty bowl.

Me: 'Image'

Me: 'Just had a chance to eat, it was amazing!' Kiss Emoji.

Surprisingly he answered me right away.

Jack: 'Glad you enjoyed it. Must be busy?'

Me: 'Yeah, business is good, but stressful. ALL the rude people are out today.'

Jack: 'I don't envy you, I couldn't do your job.'

Me: 'Speaking of which, being paged, gotta run.'

For the first time in my life, I wanted to end a text with "Love ya"

Was I in love with him yet? I told myself no, but I am sure it wasn't going to be much longer before I was head over heels.

The rest of my day was rough. Good thing I had that one bright spot. Men were rude and condescending, not understanding a woman could be a competent manager. I didn't even bother trying to deal with them anymore. I just handed them off to my sales manager and let him deal with them. Of course he still had to come back to me to sign off on any deal, but they were out of my hair nonetheless.

Just before nine I was able to drag myself out of there. Before I got in the car, I shot Jack a text.

Me: 'Hey, I am heading home, up for a call?'

It wasn't ten seconds later when my phone lit up. I smiled when I saw the caller was Jack.

"Hey Sexy, hope I wasn't interrupting anything."

"Nah, just sitting on the patio enjoying some Crown Royal thinking of you."

"What were you thinking?"

"How your day was, if you thought of me at all, and if you ate healthy."

"My day was crap. I get tired of getting treated like shit all the time. I thought of you somewhere between two and fifty times, but probably closer to fifty. And I had a great lunch that an amazing man made for me."

"Now what are you up to?"

"Well, I am going to go home, take a shower, and crawl into bed and crash. I can't wait for my lease to be up so I can move somewhere nicer with a bathtub. This place only has a shower and the water is never hot enough. I would kill for a long hot bath after days like this."

"I hope tomorrow will be better."

"I won't count on it. As bad as Fridays are, Saturdays are even worse."

"Is there any part of your job you do enjoy?"

I had to think about it for a few moments.

"Not many, but once in a while I make a sale that really makes me feel good. Like when you went from a pissed off customer to a satisfied customer."

"I think that was a great day for both of us."

We chatted for a few more minutes until I pulled into my apartment complex. I took a five minute shower and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Saturday was indeed a repeat of Friday, but only worse. Thankfully business was trending up, which helped justify to my brother my firing Earl wouldn't hurt us.

I looked at my phone late in the afternoon, realizing Jack had texted me a couple hours earlier. I had been so busy I hadn't even noticed.

Jack: 'Hey, hope your day is going ok, looking forward to tomorrow.'

I quickly shot him back a quick answer.

Me: 'It's shit, my feet are killing me, I am tired, and people are really starting to annoy me. The only thing keeping my shit together is knowing I will get to relax with you tomorrow.'

Eventually the day started to wind down, the final deals of the day were almost closed. I was looking forward to going home when my phone chimed with a text from Jack.

Jack: 'Hey, do you trust me?'

It was an obscure and curious text, but I shot off a quick answer.

Me: 'Of course I do, until you give me a reason not to.'

Jack: 'Will you come here as soon as you get off work, don't even stop at home?'

I thought about it for a minute. I was dead tired, but the thought of seeing Jack was enticing and I could sleep in tomorrow.

Me: 'Sure, I will text you when I leave.'

Jack: 'Can't wait, drive safe please.'

There he goes again, genuinely concerned about my well being. I wondered what he was up to. I hope he didn't make a fancy candle lit dinner. As romantic as it sounds, I was too tired to enjoy something like that.

I was able to lock the doors at nine. My worthless brother of course left by four leaving the assistant managers to do the grunt work. I sent Jack a quick text that I was on my way.

When I arrived at his house, he was waiting at the door for me. He handed me a glass of wine and took me by the hand. Thankfully he didn't have a candlelit dinner. Instead he guided me into a large plush chair.

"Sit, drink, relax."

He sat in front of me on a footstool and took one of my feet into his lap. He slipped off my shoe and started rubbing my foot.

"How does that feel?"

"My god, it's so good. Please don't stop."

He looked at me and smiled.

"I love it when a woman says that to me."

I just laughed and enjoyed the foot massage and wine. My glass was never empty, as soon as it got a little low, he added to it. Soon I started to feel a comfortable warmth spread across my body. I knew I should quit drinking since I had to drive home at some point, but I was enjoying myself too much.

"I will be back in a few minutes."

Jack left and I just closed my eyes and relaxed. I decided I could handle being pampered once in a while. A few minutes later he came back and held out his hand to me.

"Come."

I took his hand and he led me down a hallway and into his master bedroom. I started to feel a little uneasy, but he gently led me to the master bath. There I found the room lit by candles, the bath tub was full of hot water and bubbles. Gentle ocean sounds were coming from a hidden speaker.

"Here is a package of silk pajamas I picked up for you today. I have the spare bedroom all made up for you when you are done. Take as long as you want, there is plenty of hot water if it starts getting cold. Here's a new bottle of wine."

I was speechless. I sat my glass of wine down and hugged him tightly, trying not to cry.

"My god you are so amazing, thank you."

"You're very welcome, I will be on the patio when you're done. Take your time."

With that, he shut the door behind him, leaving me with a little slice of heaven. I quickly undressed and sunk myself in the hot water. The tub was huge, designed to comfortably hold two people, so it felt like a swimming pool to me.

I thought to myself I looked forward to the days I could come here after a long day and we could enjoy this together.

I let the hot water wash my stress away, along with two more glasses of wine. All the while wondering how the hell a man like Jack could still be single.

I felt comfortably warm, both from the water and wine, I dried off and dressed in my new silk pajamas. The soft fabric felt amazing on my bare skin. I went out on the patio to find Jack relaxing in a chair with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

I sat in his lap, put my arms around him and gave him a long soft sensuous kiss.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"So what did I do to deserve being treated like a queen?"

"I could tell you needed it, I just wanted to make you feel better. Now you can get a good night's sleep and we can have an enjoyable day tomorrow."

"Thank you Jack, you make me feel so special."

He leaned in and gave me another soft gentle kiss.

"That's because you are special."

"I have something to ask, but not sure how it will come out."

"Just ask, and then we will sort it out."

"I don't want to sleep in your guest room. I want to sleep with you. But I just want to be held, snuggled, and sleep in your arms."

He just looked at me and gave me a short kiss.

"Sure, that's easy enough. What's the problem with that? Do you snore real loud or something?"

"No, it's just most guys would use it as an opportunity to get my clothes off. Not that I haven't been tempted, but I am dead tired and just want to be held by you."

"OK, are you ready now?"

"Yeah, I could fall asleep just sitting here."

He found me a new toothbrush and let me use the bathroom first while he closed up the house. I felt a little odd getting into his bed without him. I wondered what side he slept on, or if it mattered?

His bed was huge, so I decided to just lay in the exact middle. He didn't take long, coming out in just a pair of boxer briefs. I tried not to look, but my eyes were drawn to a nice bulge showing in his underwear. He turned off the light and slid in beside me, thankfully on the right side. I leaned over and kissed him.

"Thank you so much for everything."

"It was my pleasure. I enjoy making you happy."

"I hope you keep doing it."

I rolled over and scooted my back against him. He snuggled up, and put his arm around me, being careful where he put his hand. I took it in mine, brought it up to my chest and fell asleep.

Chapter 7

Jack

I woke up with an angel in my arms.

I had slept with over a dozen women in my short life, but none fit in my arms better than Brittany. As usual I was wide awake at six am, but there was no way I was leaving the bed this early. I spooned up to her tighter, willing myself to fall back asleep, but my brain said otherwise. I listened to her breath along with an occasional cute soft snore.

Shortly before seven, I reluctantly had to get up. I couldn't lay there anymore. I slid out of bed as slowly and gently as I could, knowing she needed more sleep after her exhausting last couple of days. A few minutes later I accidentally slammed the bathroom door. When she didn't even move a muscle I knew I could be as noisy as I wanted and she wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

I made coffee and watched the world come alive from the patio. A little before nine, I peeked my head in the bedroom and she was still sound asleep. I walked back outside and placed my weekly phone call to my dad.

"Hey Dad."

"Hey boy, how was your week?"

I swear, I will be fifty years old and he will still be calling me boy. But it warmed my heart every time he did.

"It was good, interesting."

"Oh, what made it interesting?"

"I met a woman."

"And?"

"When you were my age, who was the woman every man wanted and...."

"Meg Ryan."

"I wasn't done yet. Anyway, the woman every man wanted. She was beautiful, sexy, and way out of your league?"

"I told you, Meg Ryan."

"Well, my Meg Ryan is sleeping in my bed right now."

"Oh?"

"Before you get any ideas, she's in her pajamas, and the most I have done is kiss her."

"So why is she your Meg Ryan?"

"She is probably the most beautiful, sexy woman I have ever seen in my life. She is sweet, smart, strong, pretty much the whole package."

"Good, it is about time you found someone that could make you happy."

"It scares the shit out of me, Dad. Monday I basically just knew her name, we had three dates this week and I feel like I'm falling hard and fast for her."

"Well son, don't overthink it like you always do. Follow your heart for once."

"Gee thanks Dad."

"I mean it, let your heart lead the way for once in your life instead of your head. Take a guess how long your mother and I dated before I asked her to marry me?"

He caught my attention, we hadn't talked about Mom much since she died. For the first year after she passed, I thought he was going to die of a broken heart. Very rarely do you see a perfect marriage like my parents had.

"Six months?"

He just laughed at me.

"It wasn't even six weeks. A month to the day of our first date, I asked her and she said yes. Her parents made us date for a year before we could set a date though."