All Comments on 'Burning Man Ch. 11'

by NeonRabbit

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I rated every part of this story at 5. But there are a lot of problems with the writing, and not just grammar, typos, wrong words, etc. that you should really find an editor/proofreader who can help with your writing. I look forward to the final chapter.

NeonRabbitNeonRabbitover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you, I appreciate your candor.

I started writing this weird story in 2008 and only recently decided to finish the blasted thing. That being said I always appreciated the verve and spontaneity of pulp fiction so I wrote this novella in that vein. I thought, what would happen if the protagonist was a real Houdon? What if we just shot it out without editorial approval to just see where it went? I wrote that.

I wrote this to be a kind of a sigil to open roads for myself and I think in that regard I succeeded. This story for all its faults is a sigil and has helped me push forward as an artist (with regard to tarot) and a writer. I appreciate the vivacity of this site and what it has done for many writers that have submitted here. I wanted to get this weird block out of my way. Getting it off my desk and into the world has been a boon to me. I accept that it isn't perfect as it could never be perfect having been written over a decade and a half.

Burning Man has been both a fun story to write and kind of therapeutic for me. Are there issues? Oh yeah, I mean, I was a different person in 2008 when I started writing it. This chapter had issues, but I genuinely felt they were mostly syntax and format issues as opposed to issues with the story.

I always appreciate feedback. I just needed to get this out into the world and I appreciate the response I've gotten so far. Thank you for your critique.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNeonRabbit@NeonRabbit
Neo Pulp writer and low budget sorcerer. I try to write a lot of my stories as though they would be at home in Heavy Metal magazine. Beyond that I just like playing with the medium whether sci fi, horror, action/adventure, romance, or a combination of genres I always try to ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES