Bus Stop Tale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"James, please listen to Diane and enjoy your meal." She stood back and examined me.

"Good luck son." My dad said.

I arrived at the restaurant with a couple of minutes to spare. After parking the car across the street and spotted Diane waiting outside.

"Has Jane changed her car?" She asked.

"No that's mine."

I tentatively kissed her cheek.

"Very nice, Shall we?" She asked.

We found a table and sat.

"You look incredibly smart James!"

"And you look so different, when did you change the hair?"

She was dressed in a multi layered dress that seemed to float around her.

A waiter appeared.

"Can order for both of us, please?" She asked me.

I nodded. She ordered Carbonara for both of us.

"You remembered!"

"Would you like some wine?"

"I don't drink anymore." I told her.

"Why not?"

"I drank rather a lot the night...." I stopped myself.

"Oh" she paused "my hair? Well it was partly because of work and the fact that I hated my appearance."

As she talked, I noticed she had a ring on her left hand, a plain gold band.

"What's he like?" I asked.

"Who?"

I pointed at the ring.

"Oh! He doesn't exist, I wear it to keep the wolfs away."

"Sorry I thought you had someone." I replied.

"What about you, there must be someone in your life?"

"No, I dated twice, went for meals but it felt wrong, so I have stayed single" I glanced at her face "hence the car, that eats all my money."

I was not going to tell her that my sister and I had fucked like starving rabbits for a while.

The waiter brought two espressos to us.

"Joy told me you took the flat."

"Yes, I couldn't stay at Janes for ever, so it made sense" I drank some coffee "why aren't you living at home?"

"Well mum and I fell out big time, I live in shared accommodation now."

"Do you talk to her?" I asked.

"No, I haven't spoken to her for" she paused "well since a week after we parted."

"Di she's your mother, she must be worried?"

"I know, I still need time to sort myself out first!"

"Sorry I won't say any more, is the place you share nice?" I decided to change the subject.

" It will do, I should be getting my own place sometime next month."

The waiter appeared with food and by the time he had left I had forgotten what I wanted to ask.

"I love the food here!" She began eating.

I watched her and wondered if I should be here, was it a mistake. As we ate, I realised that I was still in love with her. Should I tell her?

"How's your job?"

Her question broke my train of thought.

"Great!" I sounded far too enthusiastic "I asked for long distance delivery's so I could spend nights away, it keeps me occupied."

"Oh."

"And the money is good."

"For your baby outside?" She joked.

"Do you think one of the waiters would put a blanket over it?" I replied.

She gazed at me, then giggled, I couldn't help but join in.

"That's the first real smile I have seen" she finished eating "you should do that more."

"I need something to make me smile."

"Glad it was me that made it happen."

"Diane?" I knew what I wanted to say but faltered.

"Yes?"

"Oh I feel awkward, I was stupid to cut you off the way I did, those letters should have been read, perhaps if I had read them we wouldn't be here like this" I looked into her eyes "It would be a lie to say that I don't think about you every day."

She was wringing her hands as she listened to me.

"What I want to say is could we start over?" The relief I felt after asking was incredible.

"We have both changed." She whispered.

"I know, listen don't answer yet. Think about it."

She nodded.

"Ok, have you had enough to eat?" I asked, glancing at the clock I realised we had been at the table for two hours!

"Yes, thank you."

I called the waiter over and paid the bill. We grabbed our coats and left.

"Please let me drive you home?"

"It would be nicer than waiting at a bus stop."

I opened the driver's side rear door for her then got in.

"Oh, this is nice." She said.

"Where too?"

She gave me the address and I set the sat nav up. When we pulled up outside, I got out and held the door open for her.

"I feel like a VIP!" She joked.

"But you are, you always were."

She smiled then kissed me lightly on the cheek.

"Thank you, James, I will think about what you said."

I watched as she entered the house. I sat in the car for a minute or so then programmed the cars sat nav to my parents' home. Just as I started the engine, I received a text from Diane.

"Don't go!"

She appeared at the driver's door.

"Coffee?" She asked.

"Another after that espresso will keep me up all night!"

She smiled as I undid the seatbelt.

"The others are out all night by the looks of it." She told me as we entered the house.

"Are you ok being alone with me?" I asked.

"I am" she walked to the kitchen "I should have told you this at work, and if you had opened the letters you would know, Joy knows but I asked her not to tell you."

I could not understand why she was being cryptic. She moved closer to me grabbed my hands and put them on her stomach.

"Your pregnant?" I gasped.

"Yes."

"Oh my God!" I gently moved my hands feeling her bump.

"It's..." she began.

"Shhhh" I dropped to my knees and placed my ear against her "It's our child?"

"Yes, and it's a..."

"Please don't tell me, not yet. I was weeping against her.

"That's the other reason I ran away, I thought you would go mad at me for not taking the morning after pill."

"Never!" I stood and kissed her.

"I wanted to tell you earlier, but I thought you would run."

I kissed her again.

"What can I do to convince you I love you, need you and have been so lonely without you?"

"Take me to bed and make love to me?"

"Is it safe?" I asked.

"It will if we are slow and gentle, it's been a long time....."

fin