Caleb 52 - Danger

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They are only licensed for short term use. No longer than eight hours at most. There have been no long-term effects noted on people who have worn them for less than twenty-four hours, but they wanted to err on the side of caution."

I could see that Dana had many more questions, but she decided not to voice them. She had only just learned about powers, but she found that they scared her, a lot.

After dinner I took Maggie out onto the deck to speak to her.

"I need to find a way to protect Ness and Jules from powers," I said. "I seem to keep running into powered people and, Ness and Jules, they are just so vulnerable."

Maggie sighed. "If you figure it out," she said, "let me know. I have agents I'd love to be able to protect."

The more I thought about it the more I realized I might have an answer, but I needed time and space to investigate. I'd have to wait until the following morning. Technically I could have done it after we went to bed, but I did need to sleep sometimes.

So, at four the next morning, I went out on the deck, instead of going to the Dojo. I seated myself in one of the lawn chairs and closed my eyes.

The room was comfortable, bland but comfortable, with white nondescript walls and very little in the way of ornamentation. I had spared no thought whatsoever for the surroundings. I just wanted somewhere to meet.

I looked at the person sitting opposite me.

"I wondered," they said, "when you would come to talk to me."