California Dreamin' Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My mind reeled, attempting to process. "Like together, as in together. No more dating or hookups on the side. All three of us." I could barely fathom the words as they came out.

She nodded. "Yes. Like, a throuple, I think is the word. Do you think you could do that? I know I've been keeping you at arm's length, it's been so hard. I understand if you never want to see me again."

Now it was my turn for the waterworks. "Sloane..." I crawled down the bed next to her. Just lay it out dude, be honest. There's no way this morning can go any more sideways. "I've..." I stuttered through the spasms in my chest. "I've loved you since the minute I saw you step out of the car. I've tried to be so cool about our relationship and not rocking the boat, but I wanted to be with you. I still want to be with you."

She grabbed my hands and pulled them to her chest. "Jack..."

"But then Quinn came, and she was so awesome and funny. Even after she told me everything, my brain was all just it's fine, no big deal, you should fall for her too!" I sniffed and laid my head on her shoulder. "How fucked up is that..."

Sloane giggled through her own tears. "Considering what I just asked you, that sounds like just the right amount of fucked up." She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and squeezed. "And you haven't answered yet."

I sat up and looked her in the eyes. "How could I say no?"

She lunged and hugged me back against her. "Oh Jack, I'm so sorry about all this. We were supposed to have this conversation all together, like adults over mimosas or something."

"Well, it was time for a little miscommunication drama, right?" I chuckled. "Like a nineties sitcom..."

"God, your sense of humor's weird... I guess that's one of the reasons I love you."

Wham. "You do?"

"Of course I do, you big dummy! Guys are so thick sometimes..."

"I... never mind." We held each other until the tears had stopped.

"You should go tell her," Sloane said after a moment. "She feels awful about all this. She's barely talked to me since last night. Be gentle... Go on, I'll give you a few minutes."

"Okay." I wiped my eyes and stood up. I pulled Sloane off the bed and kissed her before leaving.

I trotted up the stairs and knocked gently on Quinn's door, no answer. I found her in the kitchen, stirring a cup of tea. Her un-made-up eyes were puffy. She glanced at me with tentative, puppy dog eyes. I grinned and she rushed across the room and hugged me.

"Oh god, Jack, I'm so sorry."

"Shhh, it's okay." I held her against me before stepping back. I unabashedly stared at her, the lack of femininity not off-putting, but just different. My mind reconciled everything better and faster than it would have two days prior. I reached out and caressed her cheek.

"I didn't have the energy today... it's a lot of work."

"I don't mind." I slowly closed the distance between us and kissed her gently. Still Quinn. I pulled our bodies together and noticed that she was definitely not tucked. It didn't bother me in the least. "You kinda took what I thought I knew and turned it upside down..."

"I know, I'm sorry, it was supposed to be—"

"In a good way." I interrupted. I put my finger on her lips. "Quinn, I think your emo princess is very hot. I really enjoyed dressing up with you... and all the other stuff. But this is good too." I put my palm on her now flat chest. "It's the you that's important, not the look. You are beautiful. That's why I'm falling for you."

She broke down and sobbed into my shirt.

"Sloane messaged me the day you got here, she was so happy. Then after a few days, this crazy idea. I didn't even respond 'cause it sounded so stupid..." she sniffed. "And wonderful. I told her there's no way it would ever work, that some rando third person would be able to handle this much crazy... and then I met you. And everything changed." She pulled away and straightened up.

"Wait, Sloane did tell you our evil plan, right?"

"Yeah," I grinned widely. I leaned in and whispered in her ear. "I'm in."

1...345678