Callsign Amarok Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aurora followed far behind and was pleasantly surprised at watching him avoid trees, branches and thick patches of foliage.

'Is that fan allowing him to see in the dark?' She discerned 2 green gourd shaped lights on his eyes.

'How is he doing this?!'

*SNAP*

Suddenly a bright light similar to Amarok's device flashed him and he dove behind a tree.

"Star!" Amarok shouted.

'Why is he yelling?'

"STAR!" He yelled louder this time.

Suddenly a new voice appeared.

"Texas!"

Amarok got up from his tree and made his way towards the voice.

Aurora repositioned and moved around stealthily, following them from a safe distance. Her sensitive ears picked up more conversation.

Amarok: Had me worried there for a moment.

Voice 1: You still in one piece?

Amarok: I'm walking, aren't I?

Amarok: My comms are down, what about you? I tried contacting everyone but I just got static.

Voice 1: Same here, Dan and I couldn't get anyone to respond on the radio.

Something suddenly shuffled in the foliage and a figure appeared. How had she not noticed? Aurora was even more intrigued with these people now.

Voice 2: We're clear, just some local wildlife out there

Voice 1: We thought you got captured or disintegrated in the crash. I still can't believe we're alive.

Voice 2: All I saw was a bright light that faded to black.

Amarok: How do you know we're still alive?

Voice 1: I punched Dan and he punched me back HARD.

Catching this, she worried that if they ever tried helping anyone they would only hurt them more.

Voice 1: A question like that coming from you is as real as it gets for me. Have you ever heard the phrase 'Count your blessings?

Amarok: Where's Tim and Pac?

Voice 1: They're securing the crash site. Me and Dan went to set up a perimeter.

'So the sneaky one is named Dan and there are 2 more strange dressed people.' Aurora concluded.

Amarok: Let's regroup and figure out where the hell we are.

The sneaky figure 'Dan' motioned his finger up at the sky once they moved into a clearing.

Dan: I don't think we're on Earth anymore.

Amarok: Did both of you wake up with an insane headache? Or was it just me?

Voice 1: Yeah, both of us had pretty bad headaches but it cleared up pretty quick.

Amarok: We could be hallucinating all of this: the moons, trees and time of day. My watch read 1500 last I checked.

'Watch?' Aurora tried focusing on each of their wrists but was too far.

The others did the same motion as Amarok; checking their wrists.

Dan: Unlikely that all 5 of us are hallucinating.

Amarok: Shit...alright, lead the way Avery.

She finally knew the name of voice number 1.

Anxiety and distress filled her, detecting MANY foreign scents coming from multiple wolves.

Encroaching their position.

Aurora knew that it was too risky to fight alone and chose to get help. She bolted away using all of 4 of her canine legs proficiently. Desperation for Amarok's situation invigorated her to quicken her pace.

Hopefully he and his friends were powerful enough to hold off a battalion of wolves.

Worrying about Amarok, she prayed to her Goddess Luna above.

'Please Luna....'

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 22 Trial By Fire

Managing to get back in record time, Aurora informed her father that he was here. She went off to rally warriors under her, to assist their Saviours.

Fenrir could only spare 50 veteran wolves to his daughter. He couldn't risk sending out the majority of his troops to fight for a savior that has long been missing from helping them. In their absence the Alpha found remnants of other destroyed Lupine packs, allowing them refuge.

Using his pack bond, Fenrir ordered his Alpha guards to meet in the main courtyard and assist his daughter in rescuing their 'Saviors'.

Many of the warriors felt disgust for their Saviors, appearing now of all times. The 1 month deadline was up and the Mjolnir Pack could strike at any time, decimating all of them. But in spite of that, a few held hope and prayed to their Goddess Luna for strength.

Once gathered, they shifted into wolves and set out for the hunt.

Following their noticeable white guide and slowing into a silent trot. Aurora's team of 50 settled into the treeline behind Amarok's small group. They managed to smell out other wolves, opposition unmoving from the opposing treelines.

Their eyes spotted 5 awkwardly dressed humans. 3 of them were gathered near a large box while 2 others positioned themselves apart from the rest.

=My Alpha.= Zane announced.

=Yes Zane? Speak your mind.= Aurora replied.

=I'm afraid that some of our packmates are wary and hesitant to risk themselves. We should not enter the fight before the humans show us their strength. Many of our warriors would like to see this Amarok's small group prove themselves.=

When Zane finished, shouting began, coming from Amarok.

Amarok: What in the fuck do you think you're doing?

Aurora panicked at his sudden outburst. The pack warriors will not help if they don't deem him worthy.

=Why now my mate?= Expressing her worry, transmitting publicly through the pack bond.

A silver wolf nudged his lupine head into Aurora's fluffy white neck

=Don't despair just yet. Have faith in your mate and await Luna's judgment.= Zane comforted.

Hearing his words, Aurora laid down and watched the infighting begin.

Dan: Just when I looked into the box there were so many options to choose from, I couldn't decide. But when I touched something in the middle, my heart instantly fell in love.

Amarok: How about a grenade launcher?

=What's a grenade launcher?= One of the warriors asked. Zane looked to Aurora for answers but came up empty handed.

Dan: That's weak shit, it's like a C130 gunship being downgraded to a humvee.

Amarok: Listen, Daniel, when you fucked up back at the bar and disobeyed a direct order, I could have held a court martial or shot your ass in the head. But you know what?

The already growing disgust that the warriors had in their hearts grew bigger and closed to anger.

The next words spoken would decide if his team deserved help or not.

Aurora braced herself fearing the fact that she would lose her true mate tonight. She didn't believe her heart could bear witnessing him being ripped apart.

Muscles tensing and joints readied, the she-wolf prepared to join the future fray. Even without support from her own packmates.

Just then relieving words came from across the clearing.

Amarok toned his voice down from pissed to soft and let out a sigh.

Amarok: I never even considered those options. I knew you had your flaws and took a gamble on you when I gave Mac your name. You know what he did when he called me? He scoffed at your records and told me not to pick you. I had faith in you, I still have faith in you to make the right calls. Except that last fuck up was a dire one. We almost didn't make it out of there. So please, make a logical choice.

Hearing and witnessing the turn of events unfold had the warriors cool down. Their frustration remained, but self doubt and curiosity pricked their hearts.

Aurora had a tear running down her fur cheek.

'Thank you Luna.'

The hunting pack observed Amarok's people raise a hand to their heads. Displaying a steadfast and disciplined stare towards their leader.

Amarok peeked back and watched the soldier he had just expressed frustration to, tossing a large log into a clattering pile.

Sets of lupine eyes spied the scolded soldier carrying a smaller tube along with another box and sat down next to his comrade. The trooper received 2 pats on the back.

Aurora along with her party peered contently at Amarok. Their animals were confounded by the human's behavior. Acting indignant beforehand but calmed and appealed to the other's heart.

Amarok's scolding felt fatherly yet brotherly at the same time.

Be it because of blood or experience, heaven or hell. Most of the 50 lupines around Aurora acknowledged that the humans were bonded.

A few Aspen wolves were eager to help, staring at the fireteam with fresh resolve. Expecting more from them, they awaited a show of strength.

Amarok: Alright Tim, it-.

Three sets of growls from across the clearing interrupted him.

The 5 man team faced the noise, appearing a little startled.

Four of the Saviors moved back towards one of their own who laid behind something. After reaching their fellow man prone on the ground, all of them made clicking sounds with their staffs.

=Is this their first time in combat?= One of the warriors asked.

=If it is, they're doing a good job not running away scared.= Another added

'Please Amarok show me your strength.' Aurora pleaded in her head.

Avery: Amarok?

Amarok: Drop' em if they get too close.

=I don't think these warriors will disappoint.= Zane commented.

The Aspen hunting pack had no idea what was going to happen. But the seconds following Amarok's command shocked the seasoned veterans.

"WEAPONS FREE!"

A deafening roar of thunder shocked their sensitive ears, momentarily stunning each Aspen wolf. Most of the hunting pack covered their ears with their paws.

Aurora covered hers and focused on her mate. Spying his deadly efficiency along with his friends.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 23 Incursion

-Fireteams perspective-

"WEAPONS FREE!"

After receiving the all clear to engage, each team member fired, neutralizing their 12 attackers in seconds. Bright tracers lit up the dark forest ahead of them provoking more beasts to emerge.

Around 20 or so wolves stalked out into the clearing and broke into sprints. Dan sent a single high explosive shot killing and or immobilizing most of them. The remaining survivors in that wave were picked off by Orion's marksmanship.

Dan ejected the recently spent shell with a smile on his face and put a fresh one in, ready to go again.

Now a mass of 50 wolves rushed them allowing Tim's SAW to go to work. Long bursts of belt fed bullets shredded most of them, penetrating and hitting multiple behind.

Avery, Dan and Orion eliminated stragglers still hell bent on getting to them.

Some got to close and Pac sent 12ga buckshot into the remaining wolves, blasting each one with pellets of lead.

Streaks of heat flashed through Daniel's thermal monocle, directing his attention to their own exposed flank.

"LEFT SIDE! WOLVES ARE MOVING TO OUR LEFT FLANK!" Dan screamed while adjusting to shoot at the imminent threats. Letting the grenade launcher sag, he grabbed his M16A3 and began firing at the digits of thermal outlines.

"Tim, adjust left and help Dan clear 'em out!" Orion commanded.

Without so much as even blinking Tim swung his SAW over to where his teammate was shooting at. Joining Dan in denying the animals any chance to surprise the team from their left.

The rapport of his M249 filled the night sky crowded with wolf howls. Tracers fired from his gun frightened the wolves on their flank and Dan saw them running away with tails tucked between their legs.

"That's it! Fuck off!" Dan surveyed some more and tapped Tim on his back to rejoin the others.

-Hostile Wolves Perspective-

With all the thunder and flickers of light flying around, the wolves didn't risk trying to go around again. Believing that there were way more than only a few fighters with devastating weapons. Atleast 10 or 12 of them had to be present.

Sköll settled on commanding the rest of his 300 troops to charge head on.

"You're sending us to die! How will we kill them if they decimated a hundred of us?! Please Alpha, let us retreat!" A fairly young wolf asked the alpha if they could think logically and not waste anymore lives.

Angered by this young wolf, Sköll marched up to him and ripped out his throat for all to see.

"This is what happens when you question my authority!" Viciously yelling at the 300 wolves controlled by fear.

"Anyone else!?" Sköll questioned and received silent compliance.

"Good, then GO!" Grinning from his egotistical authority. He took up the rear of the advancing party.

Reluctantly 300 wolves began charging through the trees, trickling out into the open and were now hauling ass towards Orion's fireteam.

-Back to the battle-

An explosion rocked the earth affecting the last batch of wolves, mutilating and putting them out of the fight.

The thundering fire ceased.

Dan scanned where the 4 waves of wolves came from. His thermal vision revealed a massive hoard of heat signatures coming from further in the forest and he swore in disbelief.

"HOLY SHIT, INCOMING!!!" Alerting loudly. Hastily firing the 1 grenade launcher round he had before switching back to his M16A3 and selecting full auto, doing controlled bursts into the trickling hoard.

Heavy fire awaited the front of the army. A few wolves tripped over their dead but kept advancing towards the soldiers.

Avery and his team leader sent a few bursts into the crowd until their guns clicked. The bolts locked back indicating that both their weapons were out of ammo.

Orion grabbed his sidearm and began firing at wolves getting dangerously close. Avery reloaded his Tavor in seconds and resumed firing.

Now it was Orion's turn; reloading the Five Seven and holstering it. He grabbed his rifle, flung the empty mag to the ground and retrieved another from his vest; inserting and pulling the bolt back to chamber a round. Orion rejoined Avery, putting as many rounds down range into the mass of bloodthirsty beasts.

Tim covered Pac while the blonde emptied his AA12. Dropping his spent magazine and grabbing his second 20 rounder; reloading. Pac shot periodically into swarming wolves. The force of each buckshot sent bodies backwards, creating obstacles by hurdling dead wolves into another.

The SAW gunner ran out of ammo and quickly ripped off a box from the side of his rig, placing it beside his machine gun. But before reloading he found out that Pac's shotgun was out.

Tim pulled a Glock 21 from his thigh holster and shot at anything that moved.

Their team leader cried out a desperate order.

"KNIVES!" Orion yelled as his rifle bolt locked back again. He dropped his rifle, whipped out his loaded sidearm and EXO tanto.

Avery and Dan did the same, grabbing their own M45 sidearms and pulled out M9 bayonets.

Pac readied a long double edged dagger and retrieved his HK45.

Tim jumped up leaving his empty SAW on the floor and proceeded to pull out a large Bowie knife with a knuckle duster built into the handle. Already having his sidearm in hand, his teammates commenced their last stand, pouring small caliber rounds down range.

Shortly after, everyone simultaneously ran out of ammo having their slides lock back.

They dropped them and readied for a brutal melee.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 24 Friend Or Foe?

Wolves were on top of them now; the first stomped on Orion's rifle and attempted to slash at his throat. A white mass came barreling past the Phantom, slamming into the offending wolf and ripped out its throat savagely. More wolves came running out from behind like bats outta hell and moved to assist the fireteam.

Their new allies formed a protective barrier between them and the hostiles.

Orion took advantage by ordering his men to change tactics.

"Grab your guns and get ready for strobing!"

He reached for his rifle and swore. It was completely bent. Knowing there wasn't time to repair it he retrieved his Five Seven and reloaded.

The others re-acquired their weapons and loaded them hastfully.

Dan was the first to finish rearming.

"Daniel, grab that damn SMAW and get on top of the Hawk!" Orion ordered urgently.

"YES SIR!" Daniel turned and bolted away.

Arriving at the arsenal crate in seconds, throwing both his primaries on the ground. He grasped the rocket launcher like a hungry rat, attached an explosive tube to the weapon and made his way to the downed heli.

"Any day now!? Don't give me a reason to take that toy away from you!" Orion yelled cheekily.

This got Dan working in overdrive; throwing the rocket on top, he hopped up and shouldered the weapon.

"Ready!" Dan responded impatiently, wanting to fire his new weapon of mass destruction.

The rest of the fireteam helped get rid of some wolves attacking the friendly ones. The friendlies had their backs turned to the team, identifying them as non-combatants for the time being.

Orion assisted the white wolf by shooting the ones sneaking up on it from the sides. He did this 3 times until he gave an order.

"White Wolf! Regroup behind us!" Orion addressed them, hoping they were sentient and able to understand english.

Little by little wolves began maneuvering themselves in between the human soldiers. Slowly and cautiously while making themselves look the least threatening as possible.

A few were still in active combat, holding back multiple wolves at a time and unable to retreat. Orion shared a glance with his team and grimaced.

It was risky but they weren't going to leave them behind. Each Saviour fired at the dueling wolves who were ganging up on singular individuals. Some staggered out and limped away from being overwhelmed. While others were swarmed and covered up by hostiles.

"THAT'S IT! NODS UP!"

The humans pulled their night vision goggles up.

"LIGHT 'EM UP!"

As soon as the last wolves moved behind them, 4 soldiers activated their strobe lights, aiming them at the remaining hostiles and backing away slowly. While on the move, they fired off rounds to further disorient their enemies, most of them hitting.

The animals were shaking their heads, blinking and clawing randomly in front of them. Some of the friendly animals winced at the flashing lights and turned away.

"FIRE!!!" Once at a safe distance, Orion commanded the rocketeer.

Dan unlocked the safety, skipped the back blast check, acquired and fired. A yellow light erupted from the front while little flames appeared at the back of the launcher. The energy from the rocket propellant kicked up rubble from Dan's firing position.

The explosive warhead traveled for 2 seconds through the air and made contact with the ground, erupting into a fireball.

Orion raised his left arm to shield his eyes from the debris.

When the dust settled, sunrise started to show, coming through the trees and illuminating the destruction in front of them.

Bodies, body parts, blood and pieces of fur were strewn all over the clearing. A hundred or so wolves were caught in the blast and obliterated.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 25 Most Definitely A Friend

A white wolf ran up to a body located on the left of the battlefield. Nudging and whimpering sadly, with tears coming from its lupine eyes.

Orion peered in its direction and saw a human male. Before doing anything else the team scoured the area for any more hostiles. After a brief survey he jogged towards the naked man.

"Pac, gonna need some help over here!"

The pilot joined Orion and stowed his weapon. As they approached to render medical aid, the white wolf blocked their access.

A little frustrated, Orion gave the animal its options.

"You either step aside or let him die. Which one?" The wolf snarled at his tone.

Shortly after, it whimpered and moved reluctantly, allowing both humans to get closer.

Kneeling on each side of the man, Orion held his pack and ripped off a molle first aid kit. He pulled off his gloves and sanitized them.

Pac did the same.

"Hey, are you still with us?"

The man lied unresponsive.

After Pac checked his airway, making sure nothing obstructed it, he laid his fingers on the man's neck.

"Weak pulse, laceration near his neck and cuts all over...shit, there's too much blood." Pac informed and noticed blood leaking from the patient's shoulder. He applied pressure over slashed skin and received multiple first aid items from his partner. Minimizing most of the wounds with padding and keeping pressure on an arterial bleed near the man's shoulder.

1...345678