Callsign Amarok Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's finish quickly, I have something to show you." Orion stepped away and picked up a 60 round magazine, resuming his previous goal.

Aurora was intrigued by his surprise and refocused on helping her mate restock.

By the time 30 minutes had gone by, they finished and Orion filled up his vest and backpack with replenished primary ammo. He moved onto his 3 weapons, disassembling each and cleaning them. He instructed Aurora to pack a few of his empty sidearm mags and she completed the task without a peep. After Orion finished the door opened and Pac waltzed into the room.

"Bonding in here, are we?" The blonde quipped with a smug expression.

"She's just helping me out. I see you've awakened from your beauty sleep." Orion hadn't want to elaborate on his sexual adventures to anyone just yet.

"Yeah, I was lucky enough to get some sleep at the lake. Idril soothed me with some voodoo and that knocked me out."

Orion curled his eyebrows for the pilot's fortunate circumstance.

"What did you want to show me, Amarok?" Aurora handed Orion full magazines and he clipped them to his side and in his vest.

"What did you want to show her?" Pac asked as he watched Orion move to his bag and pull something out.

It was the Phantom's backup sidearm, an FNX 45 with an RMR red dot sight and another X400 flashlight. He took a page from Avery's early snip for Aurora to train and keep just in case.

"Giving her a wedding gift... I see."

Aurora sent her mate a loving stare and closed to give him a small kiss. Orion checked the chamber and made sure the weapon was clear before handing it over.

"I'll train you how to use it. I want you to be able to use my weapons or the weapons of my friends' in a dire situation. Your wolf will only protect you for so long until you meet an opponent who can overpower or overwhelm her."

The lupine pulled for a hug after feeling more of his hidden worry.

"I would be honored to train under you. Thank you for trusting me this much."

Knocks echoed into the cabin from the front and Pac moved to check it out.

Orion sorted out his equipment, leaving his backpack, 2 primaries, plate carrier and helmet in his room. He walked out, catching Idril and Pac drinking in each other's body. Aurora giggled and Orion coughed to get their attention.

The elf walked in and presented a red outfit, showcasing it to Aurora.

"Your father wanted me to pass these along. This belonged to your mother and she would have wanted you to have them. I hand made this for her. It is specially enchanted, so these won't tear or fall off when your wolf is out. It will stay on you even if you shift."

Aurora took the colorful fabric and brought it up to her face. She sniffed and recalled wistful scents along with important memories from childhood. The lupine choked up from missing her mother's presence.

Orion pulled Aurora close and led her to his room, leaving Pac and Idril alone.

===Special Chapter)

Once inside he closed the door and Aurora had already begun to cry on Orion's bed. He sat next to her and moved closer, taking her against himself, whilst rubbing her neck. After a while she stopped to sniffle and peeped down at her mother's clothing.

"You don't have to wear it if it reminds you of her too much." Orion whispered, his warm body soothing the sad girl.

Aurora only held fond memories of her mother, she was the kindest lady you could have ever met and most gentle mother.

Sköll took her away from her family and she grieved for days on end. Fenrir wanted to attack and rescue his mate but that would prove too dangerous, likely leading to the death of the whole pack.

The Aspen Alpha nearly hadn't survived the separation from his mate. His daughter was his only point of salvation and he wanted to keep her safe. Sköll had later dumped Anna's body in the center of the village for all to see, but Fenrir stayed strong for his little girl.

"My parents back where I used to live died. I had no one to turn to for comfort, and almost lost myself." Orion retrieved a jade ring from his pocket.

The jewelry held a special place in his heart. His grandparents had given it to him when they drew their last breath, passing away peacefully in their old village cabin. His grandma stated that the object stored a piece of everyone's soul. Including everyone he would hold dear in his heart.

"I knew they would be dead and gone long before me but....but it was too soon."

Aurora laid her mothers clothing on the bed and wrapped her arms around Orion's frame. He glanced at the ring one final time and pocketed the item.

"I..I.... regret so much, wished I spent more time with them. I wanted them to know that I loved them and tell them not to worry about me anymore." Both started to cry, he squeezed Aurora and she squeezed back.

After a while they settled and wiped away their tears from puffy eyes.

"We continue living because we don't know if anyone will remember the ones we've lost. I made sure I would live on and honor their memories, thinking about them whenever I could."

They laid back on the bed and held each other for a while.

"If you don't want to put away your mother's stuff, why not try them? Show me how beautiful you are." Orion finished cheekily.

Aurora got up and smiled at Orion. She slowly took off the cloak and started to dress. Awe had taken hold of the soldier as he caught glimpses of the lupine beauty.

The elven attire was well-made and fit Aurora's frame perfectly. Gold patterns were woven in the hems of the garment, reaching to the ends of her arms and legs, which shone in the sunlight. There was also a hood that she could flip on and a corset tightening around her waist. The corset however didn't constrict or make Aurora uncomfortable due to some magic, making her bust more prominent. Gauntlets were placed near her wrists and intricately designed shin pads were built in. She also had leather straps wrapped around her waist for accessories.

A howling wolf was embroidered on her chest and a moon was placed above it.

Once she was done she turned and stared at Orion, waiting for his response. She suddenly felt self conscious.

"How is it? Is this too big or small? Amarok do yo-?" Adequate was a big understatement, the traditional clothing enhanced her beauty and redefined the curves on her body.

Orion had got up in a flash and sat at the edge of the bed staring. Aurora was caught off guard as he drew her to himself and started attacking her mouth. She was beautiful.

Her mate was entranced and kept caressing and kissing her. She giggled, blossoming into a happy mood.

"I...I don't think words can comprehend my feelings for you right now."

"You like it?"

"I love it." Orion proved his point by kissing her again. Next, looking over to a pistol sitting on the table. There was a spare holster next to it and he knew exactly what to do next.

"Stand up and twirl around for me."

Aurora obeyed and spun around for her mate.

"Which hand do you use the most, right or left?" Orion asked.

She held out her right hand and he pulled her in for a quick kiss, dazing her momentarily.

Grabbing the pistol and holster, he attached it to her leather straps and wrapped it around her right leg. He tugged on it to make sure it was secure and wouldn't fall off.

"Let's go out to shoot." Orion opened the door and went out, coming across Pac and Idril sitting at a table.

Both turned and were astonished by the stunning she-wolf.

Idril got up and approached Aurora, she pulled her into a tight hug, teary eyed.

"Aurora, your mother would be so proud to have raised such a beautiful daughter. I wish she was here." Idril finished and Aurora started tearing up again.

Pac stood up and gently tapped Orion on the shoulder. "She's a keeper, wolf, don't mess this up."

After receiving his pilot's obvious words, he pulled out the map and laid it on the table.

Pac began examining the complicated lines. "What's this for?"

"It's the map of the Elven Kingdom, get everyone to check it. Make sure they remember most of the routes and passages. I'll be back."

Aurora separated from Idril and moved beside Orion.

"Pac, Idril can you stay and watch over the group? I'm going to take Aurora out to practice her shooting."

"What about protection?" Pac asked.

"My people will look after them." Idril answered.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 70 First Time Shooter

With that Orion and Aurora left, leaving the village grounds. Cloaked elves followed along to back them up if the need arose.

Orion didn't want to scare the villagers; last time he demonstrated his weaponry, fear-stricken faces were plentiful from the time of defending their home.

To avoid frightening the whole populace again he asked Aurora if there were any quiet places far enough from the village. She led him and the elves to a clearing, smaller than the crash site.

"How does this work?" Aurora tried pulling the pistol out from her holster but it was locked. Orion pressed the release on the holster and the pistol came out.

She studied the small piece, examining the mag well and slide before staring down a dark tunnel. Her mate retrieved the weapon from her hold and advised to never look down that hole unless disassembled.

He pulled out 2 sets of rubber earplugs and inserted one into each of their ears.

Orion whipped out his Five Seven and released the magazine, racked the slide back and caught the bullet. He checked the weapon and made sure it was safe.

"Rule number 1, if you aren't going to use it while you have it in your hand, put your trigger finger on the side away from this." Educating Aurora on weapon safety and discipline.

Orion made it clear that her new tool was extremely dangerous and to treat it with respect.

Following the lupine's careful comprehension he holstered his own pistol. Next, demonstrating how her weapon worked. He retrieved a spare X45 magazine from his pocket and inserted it into the gun.

He took the weapon from Aurora and fired all 15 shots into a tree, around 25 meters away. His bullets struck bark in a tight spread.

The slide locked back and he flicked the slide release allowing it to cover the chamber. Aurora studied the weapon in his hand with curiosity.

"Here let me show you how to grip and stand with this in your hand." Orion pocketed the spent mag and handed the weapon back to Aurora. He instructed her how to grip and stand for accurate shooting. His hands moved over Aurora's and she felt fuzzy from a rather dutiful sense.

"Hold the pistol with both hands and spread your feet apart. When you're ready I'll let you shoot." Aurora moved into position and Orion received a nod from her.

He handed a full 15 round magazine and she inserted the mag, racking the slide back which chambered a round. She made sure the safety was off and aimed forward.

Putting the red dot in view and firing a round, the weapon slide flew back and bucked in Aurora's hands. A bright popping thunder struck her eyes and ears. She froze, staring forth wide-eyed and hearing her own heart beating quickly.

Orion stood beside her and held a hand on the back of her shoulder while chucking to himself.

"Has a kick doesn't it? Hold the weapon firm but not too hard, with a pistol you're able to be light on your feet and maneuver to fire at targets easily. Try again, let your muscles get used to the recoil and fire when ready. Aim for that tree ahead of us."

Aurora staggered her other 14 rounds down range into the same tree. Her accuracy was rusty but Orion was proud that she hadn't let the gun fly out of her hands or dropped it by accident. She kept a strong grip on the weapon and showed huge potential with the firearm.

"My ears..." A ringing and flush of adrenaline rushed her. She composed herself and turned her head towards Orion. He was a little worried.

Aurora checked her weapon and clicked the slide forward. Her wolf hated the gun's scream and smell but her human side was excited.

"Can I shoot again?"

Orion handed her another magazine and she traded the empty one with him. Inserting and sliding the top back to chamber, she fired 15 rounds a little faster than last time, landing half of her shots on target.

Her mate was pleasantly surprised that the firearm hadn't jammed, observing her maintain a proper grip on the gun. He handed her 2 more magazines and she reloaded sluggishly, emptying both of them. She was a little jittery and shaky from the activity.

2 magazines remained for Aurora's weapon and he wanted to show her fast reloading techniques along with a few tips.

"I am shocked... This is your first time, right?" Orion asked.

The lupine raised the firearm, inspecting the handgun slowly. "I have never used a weapon like this."

"Do you think you can continue using it? I know the sound and flash might hurt your ears and annoy your wolf..."

Aurora flicked the safety switch, holstered the FNX and wrapped her shaky arms around Orion.

"If I am your mate, I must fight by your side. I want to be taught so we can keep each other and our family safe." She nuzzled her head in Orion's neck and pecked him on the chin.

He loved the lupine even more after hearing her reason. This woman was perfect.

Releasing her from his own arms. "You have a wolf, don't forget about her."

She smiled and giggled from the rueful remark.

"My wolf and I want to be equals with you. We need to learn for our pack and pups. I don't want to become a burden."

Orion softened and sighed happily.

"You can never burden me Aurora. You considering or even wanting to learn firearms training makes me proud to have you for the rest of my life."

Aurora closed the distance and hugged him again.

Wrapping his arms and peeking down at the girl in his hold. "Many women in my old world hate and despise these weapons, even though they're everywhere."

"Then they are stupid and foolish, to not want to learn about these." Aurora tapped her holster.

She angled her head up, peering into his eyes.

"And..I like when you teach me." Aurora placed her head on his chest and caught his fastening heartbeat, experiencing female satisfaction for making her mate proud.

The elves in the surrounding were observing them in the clearing, witnessing their close connection.

Orion noticed a female elf under her cloak blush and look away. He smiled and eyed the lupine in front of him.

"Did I ever tell you how lucky I was with you?" Aurora peeked up and shook her head.

"I'm glad to have such an amazing lupine as a mate and love, for the rest of my life." Orion stroked her hair and separated.

"Let's finish up so we can get back to the rest." He finished with making Aurora memorize proper etiquette and a few tricks for her to learn.

After she had expended the last 2 magazines, her bullet spread was tightening exponentially.

"We'll continue pistol training later until you're fully comfortable with it. Then move onto my rifle and grenade launcher." Aurora beamed with excitement when he had mentioned his other weapons.

Orion noticed her chippery shine and just smiled.

===Special chapter)

"There is someplace I want to show you Amarok." Their weapons were holstered and they proceeded back to the village.

While passing through, Orion received cheerful and wary expressions from the villagers. Aurora kept her distance from Orion and continued walking towards a small open area with a makeshift grave.

He stopped and inspected the small grave. The headstone read

'Anna, a loving mate, elf, lupine and mother. May Luna guide her soul'

Aurora had kneeled next to the grave.

"Mama, this is Amarok Orion. He's my true mate, I hope you like him. He solved our problem with the Mjolnir Pack."

Aurora turned her head at Orion, a solemn expression was placed on his face and Aurora waved him over to her. He moved to her side and kneeled.

"Luna granted me a meeting with him 1 cycle ago, she also brought him here!" Aurora grasped Orion's hand and choked up, remembering fond memories from her early childhood.

"I wish you were here..... We talked about having pups, I wish you were here to see and hold them." Aurora sobbed quietly and Orion maneuvered to comfort her. After a few gentle caresses she calmed and looked into her mate's eyes.

"I love him and he loves me." Turning back to the grave.

"The people who took you away will never hurt us again."

"May Luna watch over us and guide you to a better place." Both of them stood up and stepped back.

"Let's go back." Orion and Aurora made their way to the cabin.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 71 Discussion

Aurora repacked the magazines she expended and left with Idril. Following her to talk with Fenrir about something and both had mischief in their eyes as they left.

The fireteam gathered around the table, inspecting the outline of a maze in front of them.

"Everyone looked at the map?"

"We expecting trouble, boss?" Tim asked with Dan and Pac both nodding in agreement.

"Better safe than sorry, we don't know if the elves will have another Sköll incident waiting to happen. Especially with their ego's." Orion answered.

"Ego's?" Avery questioned.

"From my knowledge, elves live for an exceptionally long time. Most likely, we'll have to deal with game of throne type figures. Old prideful and know it all, even some corrupt bastards."

"So what's the plan?" Dan asked.

Orion peeped at each one of his teammates and made sure all of them were paying attention.

"Remember, we've received a forced invitation. Which means whoever wants to see us has already heard of what we're capable of doing. We would be hunted and brought to the elven sovereignty if we're uncooperative."

"Damn, they're treating us like if our command assumed we were AWOL." Avery had fully examined the map and leaned back in his chair.

"We don't know the elven welcome, but the safest bet would be armed and cautious. Our incursions with the wolves has put us on the information hotspot." Orion took a deep breath and continued.

"I also have to fight someone or something, similar to our capabilities. We killed 300 wolves and more. Idril and Fenrir have no clue on what I'm supposed to fight."

Pac and Avery stared at Orion intently.

"Why do you think that you'll fight alone?" The older twin curled an eyebrow.

"Apparently only parties of 4 or lower can participate. The fighting is meant to be a proving. Since it's 6 of us, including Aurora, we are to choose 1 representative." Orion stated.

"Man, these elves are sounding worse and worse than the wolf problem." Pac added.

"This is bullshit, we randomly get teleported, summoned or whatever you want to call it. Now we have to jump through hoops and shit to stay alive and not get kidnapped?" Dan stated in agitation.

"Seconded, I know we all had to cut ties with our families because of the military but this is stretching my understanding." Pac agreed with the twin's statement.

Orion knew the situation was fragile, he had successfully kept his team alive, but what for? There wasn't an extraction team coming to get them, nor a place for them to call home. The closest thing to a home was their shabby barracks on base or this village.

"We all died in that helicopter crash, for all we know, command would have marked all of us as KIA or MIA. It should be your own call to stay or try to leave. Make sure whatever you choose is what you want."

Avery and Dan glanced at each other. "We don't have anyone waitin back home for us either. We'll follow wherever you go Orion." The marine saluted.

"Same here, but if shit goes awry. I'm holding your ass accountable." Tim added.

The team waited for Pac's response.

"I'm going to have to pass on deciding for now."

"Fair enough." Orion approached his soldiers and leaned onto the table.