Callsign Amarok Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"From now on we are mercenaries or lost troops. If we explain that we're from the U.S military then they'll want to know more. Our tech is dangerous in the wrong hands so we must protect them."

"If they figure we have advancements in our civilization and they don't, they'll want that info." Avery added.

Orion looked at each and everyone of the occupants in the cabin.

"Understood?" His tone sharpened and a collective octave resounded from each individual.

"Yes sir."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 72 Little Furry Visitor

The team sat down at the table talking about the new world they were in. Orion excused himself and went to inspect his gear, all was accounted for, minus the pistol he handed to Aurora.

After putting everything back together a soft breath rolled down his neck. He quickly rolled to the side and unholstered his pistol, aiming down sights at nothing.

'What the fuck?' The breath down his neck was real, he didn't believe that it was nothing. This new world had an endless amount of mystery and magic.

Weapon in hand, surveying the room for any sign of anomaly. He spotted a white tipped tail under the bed. Orion activated the underbarrel flashlight and shined at it. Suddenly an orange fox scurried quickly from underneath to the opposite side of the room.

The tiny creature looked petrified, staring at him.

He took pity on the poor thing but still didn't want to take any chances.

"Can you understand what I'm saying?" Orion still had his weapon trained on the fox. The creature responded by flicking its tail up and nodded.

"Good, are you here under someone's order? Are you here to harm anyone?" The fox shook its head and furrowed back into a ball with its tail wrapped around itself.

"How did you get in?" The fox looked up at the open windowsill.

'Of course, but how the hell did it get past all the elves?' Orion considered the situation and holstered his gun. He unclipped his tanto, melee at the ready.

He held up both of his empty hands and waited for the vulpine to calm.

"Shhh..... I'm not going to hurt you, if you wanted to do harm, you would have already done it." The fox stopped shaking and slowly unfurled, sniffing the air.

Orion took a cautious step forward and closed in on the furball. Its hairs spiked and he took a step back, it calmed again and he continued onwards. This time reaching the creature, he held out his hand, letting it smell him.

"That's it, I'm not here to hurt you. Although you did startle me a little." The fox took a step forward and wrapped its tail around his hand.

Feeling lucky again he moved a hand to scratch its ears and the creature allowed it. Its orange fur was soft and plush but not as thick as Aurora's wolf.

"I heard that foxes are notoriously mischievous, did you take anything?"

The fox made a weird cackling yipping sound and swished its tail. A pair of dog tags fell from the bushy thing and Orion moved to grab it.

Just then, loud banging exploded from his room door and the fox retook the tags in its mouth, leaping out of the window.

"Hey wait!"

The door flew open revealing Aurora, Idril and the rest of the team.

"God damn fox stole my dog tags."

"A fox, you were petting it weren't you?" Avery asked with amusement.

In a flash Aurora bolted to her mate, sniffing his neck and hand. Her eyes glowed wolf and she growled in response, peering at Orion. He knew she was very angry.

"How did a kitsune get past all the elves?" Idril inquired while looking out the window.

'Kitsunes exist? Of course they do, next thing is going to be a lamia or something.'

Still growling at her mate, Aurora seized his petting arm and snarled.

"Aarrr..Orion, you are my mate, mine. Your pets are ONLY meant for me."

"What's the big deal? It was just a small fox, was I supposed to kill it?" Orion knew he messed up when Aurora tightened her grip on his arm.

Strengthening her grip again. "I smell her all over you! I marked you, you're mine! How dare she try to claim you."

Orion felt her grip tighten and worried for his arm.

"Yeah, I read you loud and clear. I'm always yours." He lifted his free arm to pull her in close.

Her grip didn't waver and Orion had to do something. She had a temperamental wolf and he needed to push back, otherwise she might make him into a chew toy.

Quickly holding the back of her neck with his free arm and twisted around behind her. She kept snarling and he gently pressed her against the wall. His sore arm came free and he held her hands behind her back.

Orion leaned next to the pissed off lupine's ear. "Calm down! If the fox was a threat it would be dead. I understand that I belong to you, I care about you and believe me when I say 'I don't want to piss you off'." He held her neck softly and rubbed.

"I'll make it up to you tonight, how's that?" Aurora's wolf simmered and her snarling turned into a low throat rumble. After a few rubs and pets from Orion's hand, she finally relaxed in his grip.

"I...myrrh.. I don't like other females trying to take you." She whimpered and a head laid next to her's.

"I didn't know 'it' was a she and I'll be more careful next time. For now just mark me again." Taking her mouth and rolling his tongue against another. Orion let the lupine off the wall and she turned to wrap her arms around his neck.

Pulling him close and kissing fervently to eliminate a foreign scent emanating from his being. She let go and took his arm and hand, licking and rubbing her hair against them.

"I will hold your offer for tonight." Aurora separated and gifted her mate a final kiss.

Orion turned around and faced his men, witnessing all of them presenting a thumbs up.

"Now I see why she lends you so much power over her." Idril nodded at Orion and he shook his head. As well as rubbing his arm and peering out a window.

"The event has been prepared, you and your friends are invited to attend." The elf curtsied to the fireteam.

"What event?" Dan eyed his team leader.

"Leave your equipment in your rooms and make sure they're secured. Alpha Fenrir has set up a celebratory event for us dealing with the Mjolnir conflict." Orion watched the grins creeping up on everyone's face.

"Better be some alcohol." Avery said.

Aurora and Idril smirked at each other.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 73 Festivities

The sun set and the night sky was in full bloom, lanterns and small fires illuminated the center of the village.

Lupine's all around were light and cheerful, with freed females recovering with their mates and support was shown throughout the crowd. Tables were set and cooked foods were spread along on top: meats, vegetables, fruits and herbs were sending off a heavenly aroma. Tons of special brew and ale were presented by stacked barrels and small bottles.

Orion stood on the outskirts of the party and observed everyone, with a cup in hand. He couldn't handle alcohol very well and didn't want to pass out for what he was planning with Aurora. For tonight he didn't want sex, just to hold her close and show her something special.

Tim, Dan and Avery filled up their crafted cups and enjoyed the hard liquor. Orion had a feeling that those men would enjoy themselves tonight, he looked over at Pac who was chatting with Idril and a few other girls.

The Phantom took a sip from his cup and steeled his face. The liquid burned in his mouth and on the way down to his stomach.

"That's enough of that." He placed his cup on a table and felt a slap on his back.

"C'mon, let loose, get drunk. Didn't you want to show your girlfriend something?" Tim suggested with a smile on his face and liquid dripping down from the side of his lip.

Orion gripped his cup, contemplating on letting loose and enjoying the event presented for them. Pac had also seen their interaction and joined in the conversation.

"Yeah, if you're worried that all of us are vulnerable, don't be. I'll be chatting with some of the locals, so I won't get wasted and you know the twins can handle their alcohol well. The only wasted one's will be Tim and you."

Idril appeared beside Pac and further backed up his reasoning.

"My rangers are watching over this village, some are here amongst the crowd and some are guarding your cabin." She gestured to cloaked and uncloaked figures talking and enjoying the evening's festivities.

"Remember your promise to Aurora, I too am curious on what you plan to do with her." The sly elf gave Orion a saucy wink which made his face heat up.

Orion peered down into his almost full cup and up at everyone in front of him. He turned, catching Fenrir and Aurora speaking with the twins, sharing a laugh.

"Alright, I'll wind down. Just don't take tonight's event overboard. I don't want you guys experiencing massive hangovers in the morning. We're supposed to head off with Idril." Orion advised and took a sip from his cup.

"Yes sir!" Pac and Tim saluted Orion and mingled back into the crowd.

Orion looked up at the night sky and heard light footsteps moving towards him. His eyes landed on Aurora wearing her mother's attire; she was magnificent. The mystifying woman quickly closed the distance and kissed Orion.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Aurora asked, interlocking her arm around his.

He kissed her head and took a sip from his cup.

"I will be, now that you're here." He said with a cocky smile and Aurora blushed in response, holding him a little tighter.

Avery, Dan, Fenrir and a few betas strolled over towards the lovebirds.

"I see my daughter has found you, your friends here discussed your problems and they had a lot to say." Fenrir finished with a smirk.

Orion was a little worried and looked at the twins with judgmental eyes. Both of them winked at their Phantom and he turned his gaze to Aurora who was looking at him with a saucy gaze.

"Problems?"

Dan coughed loudly and everyone except Orion laughed.

"They told my father and I about your troubles with females mostly." Aurora leaned her head against Orion's and breathed in his scent.

"The 2 of them also told us tales of your heroism and missions. My mate's fighting skills are truly incredible."

Fenrir placed a hand on Orion's shoulder, considering him with pride.

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our Saviours, the freeing of our mates and the survival of our pack, REJOICE!" Once Fenrir finished his celebratory comment, lupines all around started shouting and howling cheers of appreciation.

The team raised their glasses and drank all of their cup's content.

"So.... Amarok, what did you have in store for me tonight?" Aurora asked, curious about what her mate was planning to do with her.

"Fenrir, there was a wooden instrument in your house. Did your mate know how to play it?" Orion asked and hoped for a bright answer.

"That is correct, she used to play stringed instruments hand-made from trees."

Orion shared a look with Avery and regarded the Alpha warmly. "May we play that instrument for tonight? A celebration has to have music."

Avery could play the instrument and attract everyone with his skills.

Fenrir waved his hand and a beta next to him went to retrieve the guitar.

Orion reached down to his back pocket and pulled out the folded map, holding the piece of paper in front of the Alpha.

"Are you sure we can keep this?" Orion, Avery and Dan looked to Fenrir.

"Of course and I am glad you are preparing for conflicts you may come across. Orion, please keep Aurora safe. I don't know if I can live through another loved one's passing." Finishing with somberful eyes.

Aurora detached from Orion and hugged her father. When Anna died he had no one to confide with, just having a young Aurora to take care of. Now seeing his full grown daughter and her strong mate next to her relieved him.

"Father, do not worry about us. You have seen what Amarok and his friends are capable of. He's training me how to protect our future and ourselves." Aurora gestured to Orion and the other members of his team.

Fenrir was still very protective of his daughter and wanted to keep her safe. When Anna died he could do nothing but stabilize the village and keep everyone calm, feeling useless and a failure. The Alpha looked at Orion and knew he was capable of protecting his little girl.

The Phantom stood tall next to Aurora and she returned, wrapping her arms around him.

"We protect each other."

Fenrir and Orion looked towards each other and shared a nod of mutual understanding.

Just then, the beta returned with the guitar in hand. He handed the device to Fenrir and the Alpha smoothed the fine wood with his fingers.

"Hey Avery, still know how to play?" Orion tapped his friend's shoulder twice.

"Eh, I'm a little rusty but should be fine."

Fenrir brought the wooden instrument over and Avery received it delicately. He examined the instrument and began fine tuning the cords after strumming the strings a few times.

"Song request?"

"Something classy, maybe Some Forgotten Color by Spencer Elliot." Avery, Dan and Orion smiled at each other.

"Oh nice." The other brother added.

The guitarist started plucking and playing the strings, soft and soulful music resonating from the instrument.

"To new beginnings."

A huge crowd began forming around Avery and all the party goers were enamoured with soothing harmony.

A lupine leaned into Orion and breathed in his smell, detecting lotus with hints of vanilla.

"This is wonderful.... I haven't heard my mother's music in years." Aurora was teary eyed and melted against him

He knew that this was only the beginning of what he had planned. Holding Aurora close as Avery played through a couple more songs. Some lupines had shifted into wolf forms, running and playing with each other or cuddling in small groups.

After Avery finished another song Orion moved closer and whispered to Aurora. "This is just part of the surprise." Taking her hand and leading them both to the front of Avery. The party goers moved and gave the daughter of the Alpha and their Saviour some space.

Avery cocked a brow at Orion.

"Anything for you sir?"

"You know which songs comes next right?" Orion asked.

"Yeah, but you should have the honors to select the next one."

"The Wolf and The Hawk." He finished.

"This song goes to Aurora, Orion and all the lupines around!" Avery finished and waited for his leader to take his girl out to an open area.

People cheered and howled.

The Phantom positioned her in front of him and placed one hand on her waist and the other in her hand, outstretched.

"I hope you know how to dance and if not, try not to step on my feet." Aurora giggled and Avery strummed away.

All eyes were on Orion and Aurora as they slowly danced. Their tranquil movements entranced everyone except the musician. Orion led the soft and intimate dance in the beginning but when Avery's strumming intensified Aurora took control. Her mate was taken aback by her paired footwork with his and he was shocked when she started guiding him.

Aurora winked at him and Orion was left flustered.

"I haven't seen him blush like that." Tim commented, standing next to Pac.

"She's just full of surprises, right Idril?" An elf linked arms with Pac, slowly moving with the rhythm.

"She is my sister's daughter." Idril finished.

On the dance floor Orion and Aurora slowed into a soft tango as Avery was nearing the end of the song. She had been pulled into a close embrace by her mate, gazing into each other's sparkling eyes.

Aurora moved first and locked into a possessive kiss.

Howls erupted around them as they embraced each other.

Orion was focused solely on his beautiful mate and the background noise faded into almost nothing.

"I love you Orion." Aurora left his lips and said those very words.

A white light emanated off of her pretty body that only he could see. He thought it was the alcohol affecting his vision and thought nothing of it.

"I love you too Aurora." Orion gave his woman a hungry kiss and held her close, both slinking back into the crowd.

Multiple lupines and elves began dancing to Avery's new songs as he played throughout the homely atmosphere.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 74 Celestial Appreciation

Orion felt tipsy and Aurora could sense his balance waver.

"Are you alright?" She asked curiously.

"I can't handle those types of drinks too well, my cute little lupine." Orion tapped her head and she was slightly agitated from being called little.

"I am not little!" She created a mock snarl and Orion chuckled which elicited a giggle from herself.

"What do you want to do tonight my mate?" Aurora looked at Orion with innocent eyes and awaited his answer.

"I just want to hold you close." Her mate leaned in and rubbed his nose with hers. The wolf inside bristled from the gentle contact.

"I would like that Amarok."

A puzzled look crossed his face. "Why did you call me Orion back there?"

He could feel her sink into him more as she took a deep breath in.

"You gave me something I thought I would never hear again. I missed my mother's music so much. She used to play when I was young."

"You also gave me hope, before you arrived, our pack was on the edge of disappearing and you saved us. I wanted to call you by your birth name, to show my appreciation and respect for those who raised you. I still prefer Amarok." An arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"We saved them, you, me, my team, friends and the brave pack members who helped. Your father was the biggest help, keeping your pack together and united is not an easy thing. Especially with Mjolnir and Sköll threatening your way of life."

Aurora softly punched Orion in the side.

"Ow, what was that for?"

She kissed his cheek. "Our pack, never forget that. My packmates respect you and would love you to be the new Alpha for our territory."

"Let's deal with the elf situation and come back."

"Yes! Then I can teach you how to be a proper lupine." Aurora agreed happily in a chippery manner.

The love birds enjoyed each other's presence, letting the summer winds blow by. Orion yawned and Aurora asked if he wanted to retire for the night. He agreed and she went off to notify her father that they would retire early for tomorrow's journey.

Orion waited for Aurora to return until he felt a strong tug towards a small path leading to the recently visited grave. He tapped the side of his leg which held nothing. Before going to the party he left his sidearm back at the cabin and only brought his tanto.

The tug grew stronger and he felt the sudden urge to run towards it. The Phantom calmed himself and moved slowly down the path, dropping his blade open.

After a while of surveying the woodlands around him, he concluded that he was too drunk. Slowing himself down and leaning on a tree, taking deep breaths in and blinked, his vision blurred a little and steadied to a clear picture. His legs proceeded down the rest of the way, almost possessed.

He approached the final resting place of Aurora's mother and staggered towards the grave.

Suddenly a light brightened from the grave and behind it. Two figures transpired before him. A tall, fair-skinned elf and a lupine with white fur and blue accents across her supple body. The lupine moved up to Orion and helped steady him on his feet.

He felt light and refreshed once the woman touched him. Eventually his vision cleared and the woman before him displayed a fluffy tail and wolf ears.

He stepped back and readied his knife. The elf raised her hands up, showing that her palms were empty.

"I do not wish you harm, especially if you are my daughter's fated one." Her calm voice washed over Orion's mind.

"I too do not wish any harm on you or those around you. The lupines are my children after all." The wolf women finished.

Orion pieced the information together in his murky mind and regretted pulling the knife on them. He was still skeptical however if what he was seeing was real.