Captain Emrah Jackson Ch. 31

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did Urriah die?" one of the men under guard asked.

"I killed him," I said.

"Ok, Captain," was his only response.

Eventually, Dekon arrived back. "The men are with you Captain," he said, with a more relaxed smile.

I pulled out a small list of names from my pocket and handed it to him. "Take your guys and find these men. They should be in their quarters. Kill them."

"Really?" he asked, with a slack jaw.

"It's the only way," I said, "don't forget you'll be getting their cut of the ransom."

"Yes, Captain."

The names I had given him were the men from Killian's original crew. The one who had brutalised and humiliated me.

It didn't go as smoothly as I hoped, with Dekon losing two men in the ensuing firefight, but by morning when the smoke had cleared, the ship was mine. The men were brought in small groups to the bridge to swear their loyalty to me. It was a crew of twenty-two now with me as the Captain.

Finally and with a little smile in the corner of my mouth I took my place in the command chair.

***********

Like Urriah before me, I knew I had to consolidate power. My life now existed on a knife edge. It could go either way. Today I might have had loyalty but that could all change if I made the wrong moves. The only thing that was keeping me in place was that there was no other clear successor to Urriah. Like I had told Dekon if they didn't like me it would be a bloody struggle between the crew. I kept Dekon close. He was an intimidating man and was the perfect bodyguard for me. There was no doubt he had romantic feelings for me. When he had seen me with other men he had always looked sullen. Now our relationship would have to be platonic. I knew as long as I kept him close and in my confidence, it would keep his loyalty.

My first order wasn't to remove the dead bodies, I wanted the men to be reminded of them for a few days. I had to give them a gift for their loyalty and that was going to be one of the hostages. I assembled the men in the canteen, and I had Dekon bring me the young girl.

Her name was Summer. She was nineteen and like me when I arrived here, looked petrified. She was a tall girl with long and slender limbs. Her hair was chestnut brown and her skin was very tanned. Dekon had a firm grip on her arms as we entered the canteen.

"What do you think men?" I called out to the group as the three of us stood in the doorway.

Some jeered while others whistled. She didn't share their enthusiasm and started to violently struggle to get away. Dekon settled her down with a few slaps. I hated doing it, but it was either me or her. I wasn't going to watch what was going to happen next, I knew full well what was going to take place, having been in the situation many times before.

"This ship used to be commanded by a man called Killian. A very poor leader who mistreated his crew as well as his ship, and for that reason, he had to go. I killed him in his quarters as many of you know. The man who replaced him was called Urriah. You remember him, efficient, and fair, but cared more about this ship than the crew. I was the one who had to convince him to let me entertain you in the rec room, while he sat in his quarters worrying about the state of the engines." I heard a few laughs at that. "He didn't care about you like I did, he didn't drink with you, or dance with you. He was dead weight and that's why he had to go." I let my words hang in the air, letting the silence do its talking. I saw a few nods and a few smiles.

"What many of you don't know, is that I used to be in the UEN, and as such I am fully aware of their procedures and protocols, and as such with me at your head, I can offer you very rich and fat targets." This time they didn't laugh, and instead stamped their feet in approval. "We are all going to be rich," I said, and then signalled Dekon to give the girl to the men.

On my way back to my quarters I came across the body of the cook Quinn. He had been shot in the back and I guessed he had tried to make it to an escape pod.

The men would be busy all night and I decided to get some sleep. It would be a few days before we got to Torbe, There I would have to recruit some more crew. We also needed a new pleasure girl to work in the rec room.

I showered and as I was sat on the side of my bed combing the knots out of my hair, there was a knock on my door. My pistol was under my pillow, and I moved it a little closer.

"Enter."

It was Dekon.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes Captain, I was just wondering if you want me to bring the man to you?"

"What man?"

"The hostage."

I chuckled and told him I was fine. Then he said something that surprised me.

"What about the other woman, the older woman?"

I thought about it and then nodded. I wanted to give the impression that I was no different to the men on this ship. Besides it might be nice to have company tonight. Even if it was just to talk.

Her name was Melissa. She looked to be in her late forties. Chesnut hair like her daughter, and had a pale complexion. She was wearing a flight suit, that looked to have been tailored for her.

"This is the Captain, now," Dekon said, as he led her inside. She had her hands cuffed behind her back.

"Where is my daughter?" she asked.

"Safe," I said. "in a more comfortable room."

It had been a long time since I had been with a woman. I missed laying with someone that I was attracted to. I didn't know exactly what was going to happen tonight. Part of me knew that this woman wasn't just going to fall into my arms.

There were no tears or shaking, but through her stoic attitude, I could tell she was nervous. I told Dekon to uncuff her and beckoned her closer.

Suddenly her demeanour changed and she swung her arm wildly at me. She struck me against the cheek and I stumbled backwards. Dekon was quick to catch her from following up and picked her body up. He slammed her against the desk. I pressed my hand to the side of my face and it felt wet. It was blood. She had concealed a small screw in her hand and had slashed a deep wound into my skin.

"Get her out of here," I spat, as I held my hand to the wound.

I swore at myself as Dekon dragged her out. I grabbed a medical kit and with trembling hands I treated it. My face was a mess and I took out a dermal regenerator. It wasn't sophisticated and when I was finished there was a nasty scar on my face. As I started to adjust the settings to try again, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. While the scar might have been a sign of weakness, it was also a sign of experience. I left it as it was.

Dekon returned shortly. He apologised profusely.

"You should have searched her," I said, quietly.

"Do you want me to kill her, Captain?"

I shook my head and reminded him that she was worth money.

"Take a couple of men to her cell, and make sure her husband watches."

************

We were nearing Torbe. It was already up on our sensors. The ship was in a good mood and so was I. Melissa had entertained Dekon and a few of the others in her cell. Her daughter had fared less well. I visited her in the rec room and found her to be in quite a state. She had a lot of bruises and a haunted look in her eyes. I had her returned to her family and readied them for their departure.

I had never been to this planet and was somewhat thankful that none of my crew had either. It meant that I wasn't at a disadvantage. I felt secure now in my command. The word of my attack had spread through the crew. What was also spread about was the punishment I had given the perpetrator.

Like Ferrin, our ship wouldn't be landing, and in a shuttle and Dekon by my side, I went to the surface. It wasn't like I had expected. I had thought it would be some lifeless rock, but it was covered in thick arboreal forests. We landed at the main complex and as we were greeted I was given a simple run down on how things went. They would pay a flat fee for the hostage. We would have gotten more had we ransomed them back ourselves, but this way it took all the hassle out. It was a decent amount too which I was going to share equally with the men.

Once the money was handed over I contacted the ship and ordered the hostages brought down.

With the crew paid off, I allowed them to come down to the surface in small groups to stretch their legs and take advantage of the entertainment facilities available to them. My mind was on other matters. I needed more crew and a pleasure girl. As my small group walked through a busy concourse. I passed a transport company. They were advertising trips to Earth. Seeing it made me stop in my tracks, and I realised that I was now free. Free to leave. I couldn't though, not after all the things I had done. I would have to explain all the shameful and humiliating things I had gone through. Not that I wanted to return to the UEN. They had put me here in the first place. There had been no rescue teams or anything. Emrah and Dex got out but left me all on my own with Killian's crew. I had to keep moving forward, not backwards. Besides being the captain of my own ship was starting to feel good. My orders were followed and people jumped when I spoke.

It wasn't a transport ship that I needed, and when we passed another shop I saw something that I did. Pirates had tattoos, and I had none. Rather than start small I had the side of my head shaved and a large tattoo applied. It was nothing meaningful, just some geometrical lines.

"Looking good, Captain," Dekon said, admiring my new artwork. The other men with me got a few at the same time. They matched mine and were a good way to create some loyalty.

Recruiting was next on my agenda. There was no prison as such on Torbe, but there was what was known as the citadel. It was a large guarded complex where they held all the hostages. It had a workforce that I could recruit from. Not every hostage ended up being ransomed. Some people couldn't afford it, and some just didn't want their people back. Those who never left were given a choice, work at the citadel or be executed. Most chose the former.

I left my little group outside and was shown in by a short and bumbling man.

"What are you looking for, Captain?"

"Men, about twenty, and maybe a couple of pleasure girls."

He inquired what sort of men and I told him they would be for my crew.

"The girls are no problem, but this isn't exactly the place for hardened men, you know."

He took me into a central office area and led me to a computer.

"Everyone available in on there," he said, and then asked if I needed help using it.

"I'll be fine," I said and started my search. I immediately found that he had been right about it not being easy. What I was finding were men who had been servants to wealthy owners or just general crewmen. While they might have had valuable skills, I would still need men with that killer edge.

Eventually, I came up with a list of twenty or so and asked the man if I could see them. There were a mixture of engineers and a few ex-security personnel. It wasn't great but I was getting them at a fairly cheap price. My cut of the ransom money was going to cover it.

They were assembled in a central square, and with the man I got my first look at them. I explained to them that I was from a pirate ship and if they came and worked for me they would be paid well and often. All apart from three wanted to join, which was more than I had expected. Later the man told me that pirate ships often recruited and he didn't put anyone on that list who didn't want to leave the planet.

"What about the girls?"

"I have a few ready inside," he said, with a smile. Again he assured me that they knew why they were meeting me for so it was just a case of picking the ones I liked.

Several women were lined up for me in a much more nicely decorated room. They were all young, pretty and fresh-faced. One did stick out to me though. She was tall, about five foot nine. She had a strange feminine masculinity to her. She had bleach-blonde hair that was in a crew cut. Her breasts were large and looked fake. There was something animalistic about her, something panther-like. Her facial features were just as striking too. Large wide lips and a strong nose.

"What's your name?"

"Xara," she said, with a much more feminine voice than I would have imagined. She looked switched on and alert. Very much in consideration, I thought.

I moved on and looked over the rest.

"What about you?"

"Fluer, Ma'am, " a girl replied in a thickly accented voice. She had an exotic look to her and was very petite.

I checked back with the official and he told me that Xara had been a handmaiden to a wealthy woman, whilst Fluer had been a dancer.

"They will do," I said and asked him how much.

He grinned and told me there were on the house.

"All I ask, is you consider using Torbe the next time you have hostages to ransom."

Before I left the surface I visited one of the small markets they had and picked up a few things. Some more practical clothes for myself, and a small snub-nosed laser pistol. I didn't want to walk around openly carrying a weapon and this would fit snugly in my pocket.

***********

I decided to stay in orbit for another week. It would give me enough time to let the men have their fun on the surface and for me to sort the new crew out. Once they had been brought up to the ship I had Dekon assemble them in one of the cargo bays. With him at my side, I gave them a similar speech to them as I had given in the canteen. I promised them hard work and riches. I also promised them, women. With that said I told them there was some alcohol in the canteen and they should have a drink on me.

Killian had hated his men, and Urriah had been distant from them. I promised myself I would be neither. As such I wasn't going to let them drink alone. I went along with them and filled their cups, while Dekon and my other men watched on from the sidelines. I wasn't drinking myself. I was watching them. Seeing how they were around me. Looking for any resentment or discontent. Some might have called me paranoid, but I would have called it being proactive. I made mental notes of the men who were trying to suck up to me, and those who acted cold. In a time of crisis that could be very valuable information.

After they had all had a decent drink I stopped proceedings and told the gathered men that we had a special little place called the rec room. Which currently was hosting two pleasure girls. I explained how good behaviour got them a visit, while disobedience got them nothing. For now, though the room was available to all.

I organized a drinking game that I had learned at the academy to decide the order that the men would be visiting. It went on for some hours and the unlucky ones at the end of the line ended up being too drunk to even get their chance.

It had been a long night and a successful one. In the morning I would let the men rest a bit before they were assigned their work details. I had a lot of plans for this ship, ones that Urriah had had too, but never got around to completing. We needed money though. I was determined not to end up with another mutiny on my hands.

***********

The next morning as I was working on the rotas, there was a light knocking on my door.

"Enter," I said, expecting Dekon.

It was Xara the pleasure girl. When she arrived she brought with her her clothes and she was wearing a very tight dress. There was a lot about her that I found appealing. She had a great confidence that was very alluring.

"You wanted me to report to you, Captain."

"Of course."

When the girls had been brought to the ship, I went over with them how things would be working. The rules and such. One thing I added was that I wanted reports on the men, and how they were feeling about things. I hadn't expected one such report so soon though. She told me they were feeling very happy, but said that some were a little nervous about their new lives. That was to be expected though.

"Would you like me to stay a while, Captain?" she asked, cocking her head to the side. As much as I would have liked that right about now, I had my rota's to complete, so I dismissed her. She didn't leave though, and came up behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Does that feel nice, Captain?"

It did and I leaned back in the chair. She was a few years older than me, but that didn't matter. I was the captain she had to respect me. I closed my eyes as she massaged the muscles in my shoulders.

"You can call me Talia in private," I muttered.

"Beautiful name, what would you like to call me in private?"

"Xara is fine," I said, softly.

"There are lots of things you can call me if you like," she whispered into my ear. "Baby, sweetie," then she paused, "or even, slut, whore?"

Something about the way she said that word made me tense up and my heart began to race.

"What would you prefer?" I asked.

She came around to face me and then lowered herself to her knees. For someone with such confidence, it was nice to see her acting so deferential to me.

"I belong to you now, Mistress, you call me what you wish."

It was true, she was my property. Never in a million years would I have dreamt about owning a slave, but here I was with one at my feet. It was a strange but not unpleasant feeling. It was a feeling of power and control.

As I stroked my finger across her cheek, she batted her eyes at me. I could call her what I wanted and there was nothing she could do about it.

My heart began to race as I wrapped my hand around her throat. Her chest began to heave and she smiled widely.

I took a clump of her hair at the back of her head. Very slowly and very gently I pulled her face up to mine.

"Do you like that, slut?"

"I do," she groaned.

***********

It had been two weeks since we had left Torbe. Things were going well. The new crew were fitting in and I was content. We'd even had our first engagement with a target. It was a merchant vessel with a shipment of machine parts. Our weapons had disabled their ship, and during the boarding, my men had killed their crew. It was a good haul though that was sitting in our spacious hold. It was a lucky catch, but where we were going offered much richer pickings. We had set a course from the UEN border.

My relationship with Xara had developed and every couple of nights she visited me. I had always taken a passive role with women and now I was able to live out a different fantasy with her in private of course. It was becoming a very enjoyable experience. The other girl Fluer was doing well and seemed much more popular with the men. Dekon almost blushed every time I brought up her name, which I thought was very sweet.

I was on the bridge as we passed over the border. Pirates did often try to do what I was doing, and often out of desperation or a false sense of superiority. I would be doing it with a lot more experience though. I had the comms station remotely linked to my command screens and was sifting through the many transmissions I was picking up. Unlike the other pirates, I was able to discern who was what. It was what I had been trained for after all. No one on the bridge looked happy and knew the danger we were in. In the free systems, there was always a chance of encountering a hostile ship, but in the area we were in it was almost a certainty. The UEN patrols were constant and deadly.

Then I found what I was looking for. To anyone else, it would have sounded like garbled computer noises, but to me, it was communications from an automated ore extractor. I twisted the dial and picked up more. Then by triangulating them on a star chart, I could work out where the original signal was coming from.

"Set this course," I said, and listed off the co-ordinates

We travelled for an hour when I picked up something I didn't like the sound of. I ordered a full stop and cut the engines. It was a UEN corvette. We lay dead in space as it passed.

1...34567...20