All Comments on 'Capture Team Pt. 06: Homeward Bound'

by thomas_dean

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Dr_James_Davies_DFDr_James_Davies_DF11 months ago

Inside The Institute

What is the attraction that draws people to serve the Institute voluntarily? Service to the Institute, with its focus on the bottom line, can require absolute loyalty to a fickle and tricky master. The Institute weeds out people not smart enough to navigate its cross-currents. Is Bliss smart enough to make the cut? Read the story.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Too much repetition of prior dialogue

After a big the dig-song rhymes get irritating

Superb story concept and execution which should be explored further in this dystopia world.

thomas_deanthomas_dean8 days agoAuthor

Loyalty and Obedience to a Trickster God

Dear Anon:

Thank you for your comment.

THE INSTITUTE, CAPTURE TEAM AND INDENTURE deal with the conflict between the demand for absolute loyalty from fickle institutions set in a future world where individual rights have eroded. What guides Bliss to a correct answer which saves her from a life of real slavery is personal bond to the people who she worked with.

Institutes may become something of the trickster g-d in the Farsee cosmos, a concept that may have worked its way into the book of Job.

Sing song rhythm is a memory device. Sorry you found them annoying.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous