Car Talk

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Frank also confirmed that the heat and ventilation controls were operating properly. All too soon they were back where they started.

Frank turned off the motor and leaned back in his seat. "Woo! I'm in love. We did good, son. We're going to rock Ernie and Emmie's world tomorrow morning. You'll be bringing them, right?"

"Yes. We will be here at 9:00. Ernie's going to have that same crazy happy face that you have on right now. And Emmie's going to be kissing us both."

- Showtime -

It was a bright clear morning in Philadelphia. The heat wave had broken, and moderate temperatures were predicted.

At Green's Garage, Daniel delivered Emmie and Ernie right on time. Also arriving were surprise guests: Emmie's mother and brother, Melissa and Matt.

"I just had to see this," confessed Melissa. "I rode in the back of that Impala so many times with Mom and Dad."

"Are we ready?" asked Frank. "OK, here she is!" He pulled off a canvas cover for a dramatic reveal.

Several of them gasped. This was the first time they had seen the car in years. It was clean and polished, just gleaming in the morning sunlight. It looked like a brand-new car just leaving the showroom.

The exterior paint was called "Silver Blue." Inside the seats were flawless in light blue vinyl and matching cloth. The lower surfaces of the dashboard and steering column were painted a rich navy blue, with more of the light blue vinyl covering the dash's upper surfaces.

Unlike earlier Chevrolets, in back this model had no tail fins or bat wings, in front no huge bulbous chrome bumpers or giant grillwork. It was long and sleek, and in comparison, modern-looking.

Emmie thought, "That car is gorgeous!" Out loud, "Frank, take us for a ride! Grandpa, Mom, and me too!" Frank opened the doors and helped the ladies into the back seat. Ernie took shotgun. Behind the wheel, Frank asked everyone to put on their seat belts, and helped Ernie fasten his buckle.

He cranked the starter and the engine idled in a low rumble. Ernie commented, "I remember that sound. Shall we go?"

Frank repeated his tour route from the previous day. In the back seat, Melissa and Emmie luxuriated in the roomy space as the Impala glided along.

Ernie had mixed feelings. He remembered good times and short trips with Livia and Melissa. But he was sad to recognize he was no longer fit to drive his old car himself. And this would be his last ride in this great classic car he had owned for so long.

Back at the garage, Frank parked, and then everybody gathered standing beside the Impala.

"Since I own this business, I can take a lunch break whenever I want. Will you all please join me at the diner just down the block, it's my treat. You can get both breakfast and lunch there, and the food good."

All six of them trouped down the sidewalk and pushed two tables together for the meal. After they had given their orders and received their coffees and juices, Ernie raised his cup. "I want to toast my late wife Livia, who loved that car like I did, and Daniel and Frank, who have done a miraculous resurrection to bring our Impala back to us in her full flower of youth."

After clinking glasses and mugs, Frank asked Ernie, "Why did you buy that car back in the Sixties? It was a big expensive model, and you didn't have a child then, I think."

"You're right, no Melissa then. But Livia didn't feel safe in the smaller cars, and we were sick to death of our unreliable old 1950 DeSoto Deluxe."

"She was in the beauty parlor and saw a full-page ad in a magazine for the 1964 Impala, she tore it out and brought it home to me. 'Go buy us this one, Ernie. In blue, like the picture.' I had to agree, for those times the Impala seemed very modern looking, and dealers had lots of them to choose from."

"I showed some restraint while shopping, I didn't pick the most powerful engine or highest trim. Emmie and Daniel said a "Super Sport" would be more valuable now. On the other hand, Livia would have been anxious in a louder more powerful model. It was a good match for our needs and we took good care of it, as you can tell."

Conversation paused as their meals were brought out.

Chapter 10: Wait, What?

As the group was finishing up, Frank passed his credit card to their server. Melissa asked for a box for her excess.

Frank asked, "Did everyone enjoy their meals? Good. It's time to talk turkey."

"You all remember that Emmie and Daniel have been researching the values of these cars since we started working. Emmie, what have you found?"

"Frank, Daniel and I have been pretty thorough. It's been hard to locate candidates who match our Impala exactly. A lot of similar cars have rust, damaged paint, or stained interiors. Some buyers go to California where rust isn't an issue. Cars are sold without disclosing the price paid, they just show the asking price. Buyers really want the big 454 engine instead of the 327 we have, or the 'SS' sport package with the tachometer on the dash."

"So, the two of us have spent hours tracking down as much information as we can. Our estimate is that our Impala should be listed at $65,000 asking, and we should accept anything above $52,000."

"I have to say, Emmie, these numbers sound about right to me. I can tell you I got a lot of interest when people saw me sourcing parts for a '64 Impala. Chevy made a whole lot of these, but here in the Northeast on salted snowy roads they just didn't last. Ernie, you must have hosed off your Impala after driving in winter."

"Yes, Frank, I was careful about that. And Livia hated driving in winter conditions, so the car often stayed snug in our garage during those times."

"All right, so now we have a price. Between Daniel and I, we have about 80 hours invested in the repairs. And about $1,200 in direct costs for parts and materials. I understand the plan was to sell the Impala at auction, take a slice of the proceeds to pay back the costs to Green's Garage, and take the remaining after-tax proceeds to buy a nice used car for Emmie and Ernie to gallivant around in."

"I'm sorry to tell you, this plan is no longer acceptable to me."

There was general consternation. Ernie was angry, Emmie was angry. Melissa was shocked and completely ticked off. Matt looked back and forth between the angry adults and muttered, "Whoa!"

"Wait, wait, let me explain. You are still selling the Impala and getting the money. But there won't be any auction or searching for the right buyer."

"I'm buying your car, for myself, for $60,000. I don't want some other grubby internet guy touching her. And Ernie, any time you want to cruise with us, you'll be welcome."

Ernie reached over and shook Frank's hand. "You have a deal, you sneaky bastard. For sure you and I are going to go cruising."

Emmie was crying happy tears. She stepped over to Frank's chair and planted a big kiss on his cheek and whispered, "You keep on like this, and you're going to be my father-in-law."

Louder, Emmie said to everyone, "It was love at first sight, you know. I predict you and the Impala will have a long and happy life together. And that car is a chick magnet, you're going to have a Mrs. Green riding shotgun soon. I have foreseen it!"

She turned to Daniel and gave him a long scorching look. "You! You are so going to get it. Lots of it!" Melissa and Ernie were staring at her, looking embarrassed.

"What? I was talking about cooking! Dog knows the guy eats nonstop. And he loves what I make for him."

Daniel smiled. "Yeah, cooking." He hoped his cock would calm down before they left the table.

Emmie continued, "And I expect you Greens to find a good reliable car, or truck, for me and Ernie. I think a 4-wheel drive would be most practical when it snows."

The End.