All Comments on 'Carpe Diem'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
javmor79javmor79about 6 years ago
Wow

Excellent story. Very sad and touching. I felt it. Made me wonder what I would do if I lost the ability to please my wife. Quite honestly, I'm not even sure. Pleasing your woman is something that men take great pride in.

Loved and hated the ending, of course. Great story. Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
unfortunately my wife passed after over nine years of fighting cancer

i so well identify with this story it pains me, well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
In a nut shell

He is dying but he can only get hard when he thinks of his wife with another man. He gives her to another guy and gets hard thinking about it. He enjoys sloppy seconds when she gets back and dies. The End. Puke!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Joe Blow

Nobody cares, Joe. You're just a shit, you can't write and you've burnt all your bridges. You, Cuckmore and Luedong. The sad trio.

rnebularrnebularabout 6 years ago
Good story

I don't love everything that Joe has penned, but some are definitely worth reading. This is one of those stories, where emotion and real life tragedy are played out, in Italy no less! I knew the woman was too good a person to have sex with Neil that night, but expect that she will contact him, as her husband suggested, when she's ready. Overall, a really good story. The naysayers will poke at anything, but this story felt real and I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing! 5*

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 6 years ago
Great story again

I look forward to your stories both because they are imaginative and well-written and because they act like a lightning rod for all the morons who wouldn't know good writing if it bit them on the bum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The wannabe

If you weren't the turd in everyone's bowl of cereal, someday, someone might take you seriously. Your constant sniping at other authors and readers, especially Blackrandi, just makes you impossible to respect in any way. The problem is that you've spent so much time being jealous and bitter that you never developed as a writer past the "Watch this!" stage. If you want to ever be taken seriously, stop the envy and the hate and just write the damn stories. This is just another half-assed attempt to justify having sex with someone other than your spouse. Get off the agenda and write something readable. This isn't

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Maybe the worst you've ever written.

That's saying a lot, because you've written some real stinkers. No score. I won't insult the star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Done to death

This plot is worn threadbare, and been done much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The problem with this?

Is that the subject matter makes the story no fun to read. You picked a lousy idea for the story and I really didn't like the characters. Yes this stuff happens. But nobody wants to read about it on an erotic story site. Bad choices doomed this story from the start.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years agoAuthor
The anonies never disappoint!

The same guy wrote five comments in a row! You can tell because he didn't actually address anything in the story, because it's obvious he didn't actually read it. Also, all five were submitted within a minute! Imagine the time it took that dude to change his IP and submit those comments. I'm flattered. Thanks, anony!

To those who actually read the story, I thank you for your comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you!

I know that you’re too much a veteran on this site to let the annonys affect you.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 6 years ago
SJ

Sorry to say that I did not read the whole story. When I got to the part where Neil and Geddy are talking and Niel says "I'm afraid it's not a terribly uplifting story, either. You see, my wife and I booked this trip a year ago to celebrate our twentieth anniversary. Then, about nine months ago, I found out she was cheating on me. Now she's my ex-wife. I intended to cancel this trip, but a friend of mine persuaded me to go by myself. I figured, why should I deny myself this experience just because she's a cheating whore?" It didn't feel right hearing him talking about his wife cheating when he was just about to do the same thing to another man, even if that is what the guy said he wanted. I'm sure there were plenty of single women to relieve him self with and not end up like his Ex.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years agoAuthor
Which story did you read, Dragonmann?

Whichever story you read, it wasn't this one. Neil didn't cheat on anyone.

ephesiosephesiosabout 6 years ago
good story, very touching

You are undeniably a good writer. The subject of some of your stories are sometimes a little outside my interests but this story really touched me. I have a friend who is in hospice now, so this subject definitely struck a cord. I enjoyed the characters and their interactions together. I thought the ending had the right amount of melancholy and hope.

Screw these wannabe critics who don't like the subject matter, they can read the next stroke story. This is life and things like this happen. Plus it's nice to read about the other side of "loving wives" coin. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
If this was written by anyone else the score would be in the threes.

I guess years of being an asshole have taken their toll. No one to blame but yourself, Swinger Joe.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years agoAuthor
Dear Anony

It’s so cute that you think I care about the scores. By all means, one-bomb away. Somehow my 700 followers will sustain my ego. LOL.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
A travelogue with interesting characters

New World intellectuals wandering through the Old World and developing their relationship along the way.

I thought all three were fleshed out as understandable complex characters, especially Alex as the altruistic compulsive planner now planning for his demise. Altruism is interesting -- getting pleasure from doing things that benefit others.

As usual, a SJ story is well constructed and well written. Also as usual the loons come out in the commentaries to ignore the actual story and criticise SwingerJoe. It's all part of the entertainment provided by the LW commentariat and a further demonstration of the irrelevance of the scoring system with LW stories.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Out of curiosity

OK, Alex gave her a free hand to fuck around now when ever she wants. What does she give him? The same worn out public pussy? The same out dead fish fuck? The same old, same old? What can she do for Alex? One sided relationships are unhealthy and unsupportable.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 6 years ago
A Twinge of Euro-phoria Amidst Looming Bereavement

The Top 5 Foremost RIGHT (and wrong) Literary Features Employed To Multitudinous Effect by Swingerjoe in the estimable and yet oh so HUMBLE opinion of LSD the Lord of Literotica Exegesis.

 RIGHT : A story set in Venice ? The palaces , the mirrors and mirages all vying to be the prisons of its inhabitants souls. Yup . I'm immediately fighting losing battle to race ahead to conclusion and press 5 star icon within 6 sentences.

Kudos.

2) WRONG : Swingerjoe thoughtlessly didn't tailor his tale anon cretins . How can they ever relate or own empathy for love lying bleeding o'er ocean shores. Dumb it down , bro.

Tsk, tsk.

3) RIGHT : Plaudits for the symbolism of the hotel fighting to stem the surrounding ocean tide from swamping it's lobby contrasted against Alex fully engaged in keeping his flickering vitality from being snuffed out by his malignant internal organs.

4) WRONG :  File this under nitpick: Neil and Alex were brothers from different mothers in terms of characters. Yes , I get that's why Alex would let Neil stand proxy both before and likely after his passing. But I wanted a European character as contrast and spice against " meat and potatoes" substance of husband.

Maybe next time.

5) RIGHT : The " Taking Care of Business" ( card ) conclusion while Geddy's desolation was playing out as passwords were revealed was like flutes' sweet sigh to Mozart 'Requiem' finish.

Bottom line(s):  Entropy is notoriously difficult to embrace. Swingerjoe found a way . Ergo the obvious rating and highest seal of LSD appreciation .

Full marks * * * * *

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
its called love

and its not cheating if the spouse gives permission. the way neil and geddy was written i knew they wouldnt have sex

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Congratulations

this writer showed up with another shitty story as usual. This is the 9th turd of the day. A sad day in LW with so many shitty stories being posted.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Neil Didn't Cheat?

He helped Geddy cheat on Alex.

The fact that Alex gave his tacit permission doesn't change that, His reaction when he woke up to find Geddy not there shows that he didn't REALLY want her to do it.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 6 years ago
Very Impressive

Really good story swingerjoe.

Like several others, I really felt the emotion in that story and I enjoyed how you resolved Alex's invitation for Geddy to be with Neil and the fact she didn't. Very moving ending.

I appreciate you sharing and I hope to see more from you soon!

5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
probably the worst use of a foreign language ever

Rivals the horrendous mangling done by JimBob.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years agoAuthor
@ sbrooks

I always get a kick out of it when LW readers rewrite a story to suit their own worldview. I just didn’t think you were one of those guys! Neil never slept with Geddy. He didn’t even kiss her. Where on earth do you get the idea that anyone in this story cheated?

To the dopey anony, I think I included three Italian phrases in the entire story. How, exactly, do you think non-Italian-speaking tourists would speak Italian?

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 6 years ago
SJ

My comment came after my interpretation of the last paragraph on page one. I have since gone back and reread the entire story and saw where all they did was talk.Teach me to only read part of a story. You did a great job and I thank you for not ripping me to bad.

Charlie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It was a decent effort to convey a complex and difficult situation and emotions.

Of course you cheapened and demeaned their marriage by having the husband toss her to another man. The husband is dying. She will have plenty of opportunity to get her brains fucked out after he's dead. And she won't need his permission from the grave. Their marriage is what was precious, not her immediate sexual satisfaction. It doesn't take impending death for a man to decide to allow his wife to become a cheating slut, as if his permission has any bearing on her own ethics and self respect. She didn't cheat on him during their marriage because she lacked his permission. So getting his permission to cheat is not only irrelevant, but it insinuates she is just chomping at the bit, waiting, hoping, that he either gives her permission, or dies soon.

An indication that fidelity in a marriage is somehow related to what your spouse wants or will permit. No, fidelity is about each spouse's self image and character. Each spouse owns and controls their fidelity, or is totally responsible for ignoring their marriage vows. You ended up having the husband demonstrate that he really had little respect or regard for her personal integrity. Too bad he dies leaving her with that final demonstration of what he thinks of her as a woman, and what he thinks of the sanctity of their marriage. His act was not one of a gift, but of contempt. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
damn good story and a lesson in true love

Well written and a lesson for all of the selfish wankers

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Re: "It was a decent effort to convey a complex and difficult situation and emotions." Anonymous comment

Anonymous, you say "The husband is dying. She will have plenty of opportunity to get her brains fucked out after he's dead."

That may be true, but the sentiment you express misses a few important things SJ has put into his story and the the background of his characters.

Both characters are physically lacking and each is concerned about their ability to please their partner. She is sterile but sexually desirous. She would love to be able to give her husband sexual pleasure but he is impotent as a result of the chemo. He, in turn, would love to have her receive sexual pleasure.

If he can't provide that sexual pleasure himself, perhaps he can arrange for another man to do it. He wants that to happen before he dies, what happens afterwards is something he won't know about.

It doesn't actually happen, but he doesn't know that and in his mind maybe it did. This thought gives him that one last lease on sexual potency and he and his wife both achieve what they want -- sexual pleasure for their partner.

Then he dies. Ain't that sweet?

Lue

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Had to give it a 5 easy.

It was not a heart pounding drama or that intense with emotions until the end.

I appreciated the culture exposure and the writing took me to the locations well.

This was some work for me to get through though the last page wrapped it up so well, the journey became very satisfying.

I liked all three characters immensely. This was a very good romantic love story that was tinged with tragedy.

It was actually beautiful and very little could have been done to improve it.

Thank you SJ for the tear in my eye and the warmth I feel from this excellent tale.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
P.S.

WTF is with the low score?!

I guess I understand this is a site for mostly keeping the old spank bank account full, I've got a couple of stories I definitely use to fuel my fantasies, but that shouldn't mean good writing should get dumped on.

This was very well done and wonderfully poised for the delicate balance of emotions at the end.

This author can wield a scalpel. A claymore or war hammer isn't always called for.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
ALEX SEIZED THE DAY, THE MOMENT, THE FUTURE

found a replacement, interviewed the replacement and chose, TK U MLJ LV NV

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 6 years ago
A SOLID 5 * EFFORT!

Joe, any unbiased person, who knows anything about creative writing, would have to rate this story among the greats in amateur writing. You checked off all the boxes in Carpe Diem.

From reading the comments thus far, I suspect your only mistake was choosing a title that snowed the trolls. Not to bring politics into LW, but has anyone noticed the resemblance between the fake news media and many of the anonymous commenters. I swear I think if you gave a ‘walk on water’ demonstration next 4th of July, these keyboard commandos would comment, “swingerjoe can’t swim.” (No that’s not an original thought, but I wish it was,)

You have garnered some jewels from the Anon wolf pack. Among the more notable Annoys:

@In a nut shell—sloppy seconds? Really—what did you do, finish the story? Joe didn’t write that crap into his story.

@ Joe Blow—why don’t you show Joe how it’s done?

@ The wannabe—so you’re sniping at Joe; does that make you a turd too?

@ maybe worst ***written—wrote some real stinkers eh? Are you fucking kidding or are you just plain stupid. If you were smart enough to check Joe’s Bio, you’d find he’s carrying, on a total of 38 LW stories, a 3.99 average. That’s not the best in this category, but given the way folks like you carry on, it’s outstanding!

@ Done to death—name one. I ain’t saying you’re wrong, but I haven’t read another and would surely love to read the stories you’re talking about.

I started this comment yesterday at a time few were speaking up against those trying to degrade this writer. As a believer in the old adage, “All it takes for evil to win is for good to do nothing,” I started speaking up. Wife reminded me we had to attend a concert and when I got back to it today I see other good voices have spoken, so I’ll stop after a couple final thoughts.

Many have complained about cheating stories here on LW, apparently unable to understand that the posted LW description is satire—it really ain’t about truly loving wives. All who have bitched about that should give Joe a 5 on this one, for it’s about two people in the twilight of life, who still really loved each other.

To Anon RE (It was a decent effort to convey a complex and difficult situation and emotions.)

My friend, I think you mean well, but I suspect nowhere in the course of your life have you faced not being able to provide a loved one with something desperately needed, be it a cure for something like the BIG C or even sexual satisfaction. As an old farm boy who has spent over 70 years both observing and experiencing life I’ll just put it bluntly, “If you see anything resembling contempt in hubby’s action, you don’t know what you’re talking about.” And may I add my heartfelt prayers that you never find out.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years agoAuthor
Votes

An interesting note about this story:

Carpe Diem has already racked up 248 votes in only two days. To put that in perspective, some of the Loving Wives stories I wrote in 2014 have racked up fewer than 248 votes in the past FOUR YEARS combined!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Votes?

How is that interesting? I'm pretty sure that stories people actually read get more votes than that in two hours, at three o'clock in the morning. That just shows how few people read your shit.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Wow

I am not a big fan Joe. You and I are polar opposites in our ideas on what makes a Loving Wife and a marriage. I have not , previously, made it thtough any of your stories, nor did I plan to. I have read so many of your comments on other stories, and have disagreed with all of them. I did not intend to read this story either, but after reading all the comments, good and bad, I decided to take a chance. To my utter surprise, I very much enjoyed it. A little deep, but well written by any standard. I probably won't ever be a fan, but this one was good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

A lovely story that was so much more than I expected... beautiful. Thank you.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 6 years ago
Well Written

swingerjoe

Kate and I understand you must be very disappointed in the low score you received so far. I know I would be. It must have taken you hours and hours to write this wonderful travelogue. (Part of the pleasure for us was reading about two of the cities we'll be visiting for the first time next month.) 5 stars

The three main characters were well written - very human. They showed grace and respect (I liked the fact that Neil and Geddy did not have sex that last night - well done) and some may argue with Alex needing thoughts of his wife with another man to get aroused, but who knows how one may react with a death sentence hanging over one's head.

So our advice is to keep on writing, we and many others will keep on reading and enjoying your works.

Thanks,

Bill & Kate

Lex1Lex1about 6 years ago
Goddamit Joe

Dude, I like you. I like you a lot. As a writer, you are definitely gifted.

But...

You've got to stop with all the calls for attention. It makes it so people who would be in your corner keep a healthy distance. Why do you need to announce how many people have voted on your story? Why? Why do you have to change your bio page every single time someone says something about you? Most people talk about their lives on their page. You are the only person who uses it to draw more attention to yourself.

C'mon dude...

When you write a story that is this good, you should be recognized for it. Instead, people don't even want congratulate you because they're afraid you're going to use it as ammunition in your private war against whoever.

Why is it so hard to just write and read? Who cares who says what about you! Why is it so important to have to constantly prove yourself against a bunch of people on the internet? I get the occasional pleasure of matching wits with someone anonymously. It's fun to go back and forth, seeing who can out-clever whom. I get it; occasionally. But day after day, it becomes a little telling about the rest of your life.

I'm not trying to beat up on you, because I like you. But you have to stop this. For your sake. When people stop listening to you, it's an indication that it's time to stop talking.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years agoAuthor
@ Lex1

When I am attacked (whether it's in real life or online), I respond in kind. What you see as a "call for attention", I call a counter-punch. But points well-taken. I admit I find a little too much fun in counter-punching. Call it a character flaw.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nicely done

5 stars, liked the Rush allusions

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Seriously Joe time to take out the trash

And by trash, I mean that low life troll who finds it necessary to post his BS to every story about a wife sleeping with others, no matter how well it's written. Join the others who are helping to take away his voice and simply deleting his comments as they bring nothing of value to the comments. You are better than that and should not have to deal with this clown.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful!

SJ, I am so glad you wrote this lovely touching story. I think the writing is about the best I have read on this site and I wish I could write half as well as you. Take no notice of those illiterates who are only interested in tits and cocks. Anything else just floors them. Feel sorry for the fools.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Lex1, where hast thou been this while?

Your reasoned comments have been sorely missed

(by me at least, and I'm sure Kimi must be missing her "My Man").

Your gentle chiding of Joe will, I hope, give him pause for thought. Others dismiss his comments because he's Joe, not because the ideas he puts forward are invalid.

Lue

javmor79javmor79about 6 years ago
Here, here, Lex1

Here, here.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Javmor, the pedant in me says

Hear, Hear.

(Ie: Please listen to what has been said.)

Lue

Ps: Isn't pedantry fun?

javmor79javmor79about 6 years ago
Thank you, Lue.

I have a penchant for messing up the most common of sayings.

virusmanvirusmanabout 6 years ago
Wonderful and moving

I really don’t understand why this story should have received such a low score and so many abusive comments. It was beautifully written about three believable characters and was excellently paced. The settings were accurately described and provided a perfect background for the unfolding of the emotional relationship between the three characters and their responses to each other. A score of five is justified for the quality of the writing alone, and I am inspired to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Re : Lex1

Has it really taken you this long to understand that he's a Narsasistic Attention Whore ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Glad she stayed the loving loyal wife she seemed all along.

InsigniaInsigniaabout 6 years ago
Venetzia, Firenza, Roma

Thought a little more tension could have been created as the cast traveled the well worn tourist path. A bit more of the pillow talk you provided could have set the stage for Alex's quick exit from Neil's room. Just little things like encouraging her to wear something a bit more revealing or a bawdy line of discourse like you did when Neil asked to see a pic not only would have raised the stakes but infuriated the League of Marriage Vow Conformity and Moral Compass Setting.

Relived a great trip that nearly mirrored this except we would not have exposed our skin to the canal water 30 years ago. Nice story. Cancer sucks. 5*

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
Well SJ that is a 5* tale!

I think your scores are depressed by your notoriety, which is a shame, because no way in any universe is this less than a 4. Great job. You should trash your old username and adopt a new one, and write under that (and stay out of comments as best you can, or be more diplomatic as you have been of late), and see what happens there. This should get a lot of comments but again probably wont from a certain sector of the readership.

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
btw I second what Lex1 wrote

in a much better fashion than I did. Great comment from him and hope you take it to heart!

rightbankrightbankabout 6 years ago
difficult subject - told well

Pain, anger, sickness, health, death, life, love, jealousy,

I`m glad I read this story

I`ts obvious from the comments some of the anon haters dropped by just to be rude.

Their loss.

They missed a thought provoking treatment of how a loving couple deals with stress.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 6 years ago
Outstanding story!

Cancer, loss of vitality, virility, and then, inevitability, death; SJ hits a homer with a very sensitive handling of a very uncomfortable subject. My only nit to pick is his subtlety.

Many readers seemed not to understand that Neil and Geddy didn't have sex that final night in Italy, even though Alex, formerly super-jealous, had given his wife permission. He wanted to give Geddy a tryst with Neil as an unselfish gift. But no, instead, Geddy and Neil drank wine and talked all night. They understood that Alex couldn't give her away because he didn't have the authority. They understood that her fidelity was not specifically to her husband, but to her marriage AND her husband, a distinction Alex didn't understand. But it was Alex's belief that Geddy had cheated that allowed him to get hard and reclaim her from the adultery she never committed. That's subtle!

Nice character development, good scenery, and great insights into the human condition. Now, if SJ could just resist the urge to punch back against the foamers...

alextasyalextasyabout 4 years ago
Marvelous.

No other word comes close.

Thank you!

=alextasy

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

You could see everything coming, but everything still worked because it was so deftly handled. Nice bit of writing elevates this romantic tear jerker up a few places.

Taio9Taio9almost 2 years ago

Loved the travel log - saw some of the same places but learned more from this story. What a love ! The night apart and business card were special -

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

A charming story that shows true love. Very well done with vivid characters and a well-crafted plot. 5 stars for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
1330 Followers
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...