Cat Scratch Fever

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike and I went to Marshall Pier that afternoon. We rode the Ferris Wheel. He won me an alligator like the one Vic won for me. I named this one Fred. George needed someone to keep him company, after all.

I was sitting at a table waiting for Mike to get us some ice cream when a petite lady with the most fascinating eyes sat down across from me. Jet black hair and a streak of white running down the left side of her face, pulled behind her ear. "So, not so easy, is it?"

"Excuse me?" My eyes focused on her necklace, one of those specialty ones with a name in cursive.

"Cat?"

I was reading the name as much as I was asking the question. I looked at her and shook my head no, because it wasn't easy. It was hard. All the misogynistic bull shit, the stupid jealousy, the emotions, the ridiculous cost for little scraps of fabric; the tedium of putting on makeup and taking it off just to look good for someone else; periods, having to be afraid in what should otherwise be harmless situations, like getting gas or going to a fucking chemistry class. And all because of what I had, or didn't have, between my legs. All because I was a pretty girl.

I shook my head no and then smiled the biggest smiled I could manage.

She smiled and winked, patting my arm where the scratch had been, a tiny scar barely visible. She was gone without another word.

"Who was that?" Mike set my Mocha Almond Fudge in front of me.

"Just a friend stopping by to check on me." I smiled at him. I wasn't even going to try to explain who I thought she was, or how I knew her.

There, in Mike's face, was that look. That feeling I craved. The one that filled my soul. No, being a pretty girl wasn't easy. Sometimes it outright sucked ass. It was hard, fucking incredibly hard. But you know what? All the best things usually are.

***

So, I hope you enjoyed my little tale. To Melanie and all the pretty girls, thank you for all you do to make the world a more beautiful place. Please leave me a comment and let me know how I did. That's how I become a better writer.