All Comments on 'Charity Begins Next Door'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 1,507 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW...TRULY Special!

a WONDERFUL, touching, AMAZING story! I can't top what the other two wrote on Christmas Eve, 2010. THANK YOU!!! Master Samurai

texastinman83texastinman83over 13 years ago
Well Done

From one Texan to another -- nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Kudos

Great story, so true. I've been there and it was/is still as difficult as you described. This may represent an entirely new direction for this site. Congratulations!

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 13 years ago
For once somebody got it right

We are complicated beings, and more than a little mixed up. Grief, sadness, lust, love, happiness tinged with sorrow, it all goes together, and you nailed it! Been there, felt that, and now I find somebody who really knows how it works. Thank you for getting it down in words, and for sharing it with us.

twstdmindtwstdmindover 13 years ago
Wonderful

The characters were so incredibly real. Cathy reminded me of my aunt. She can make meddling a profession. The hurt and anger were shown so well. It was constant near the beginning as would be expected. Then came the flashes, the times where certain things would trigger him to fall back into the hurt and anger but never for too long.

The one thing I was uncertain about was Erica's sudden change in behavior, how she became so talkative, less shy, and how she so readily accepted him.

That was just one small irregularity. Otherwise, I really enjoyed reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wee done

Remarkable. Characters very well drawn, emotion very real. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wonderful

A wonderful Christmas story....better than getting a red rider bb gun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW

Dear TX,

Thanks for a great story. True literature, lovely, deeply moving. The sex as an expression of the deepest emotions and grief is no less than then a rare pearl. You almost me start crying a number of times. A deeply hope that you didn't suffer such a loss, and if you did i hope you find the comfort that the hero of the story did.

All the best,

Nadav from Israel.

kathryn08kathryn08over 13 years ago

I'm a blubbering mess of pregnancy hormones after reading this!

legalhookerlegalhookerover 13 years ago
Heck of a job on a real sensative subject!

This is one of trhe most intriguing stories I've read on this site. Good work on a problem that can happen to anyone. Great resolution. MORE, PLEASE!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks

to find and read gems like this is worth the search

slpy650slpy650over 13 years ago
Wow.

This made me all weepy! It's brilliant - well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. I hope you don't speak from experience, and if you do it seems as though you are dealing with it well. My mother killed herself on Mother's day and I can only hope that I will be able to handle mother's day for my own children as wonderfully as Alex can now handle Christmas. I would love to see this published, it truly is that well written.

JM from PA

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

This has to be, hands down, one of the best stories I've ever read. Absolutely brilliant! You're an amazing writer!

PhillrudPhillrudover 13 years ago

A very touching story. It had me teary eyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
makes one think, reflect,, take check,,cry,, smile and happy

Makes one think, reflect,, take check,, cry,, smile and happy,,,, it did me and thanks,, keep doing what you do well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Just...wow.

Title says it all.

Well written.

Touching.

I enjoyed it very much. Keep 'em comin', Tx Tall Tales.

-HT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
i loved/hated it!!

Jux kidding...omg this story was awesome!!

Had a little bit of everything...

Had a little bit of tragedy, sadness, happiness and of course the wild sex!!!

GREAT STORY!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excelent

Not fair making a grown man (and a father) cry.

Very well done as usual

Fighting41Fighting41about 13 years ago
That Sir

Was one heck of a story. Had a lil of everything in it just the right blend thank you for sharing it with us

juanviejojuanviejoabout 13 years ago
You, Amigo, are one fine writer!

This story is the best one I have read on Literotica. It gave me many emotions. I have tears of sorrow and tears of joy. Gracias Senor!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

i agree with everyone else one of the best ive read here. beautifully written. thank u for sharing!

RBAMRBAMabout 13 years ago
Wow Great story

Fantastic story, couldn't stop reading it.

It had everything even making a grown man cry.

You set a high standard but this one supassed it, well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wonderful Story

One of the best stories I've read here. You should do this professionally. The way you described the hurt and the process of overcoming it makes me feel that you have suffered a loss in the past. It is either that or you are a superb writer. Good luck either way. Thanks so much for sharing.

jimallen66

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Well Done

Your story touches heartstrings and brings out feelings I thought I'd gotten over long ago. Your characters may be fictional but too many parts of your story are true somewhere you probably never dreamed of. Thank you for taking me back there so I could remember again. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
great!

beautiful writing!

Quix0ticQuix0ticalmost 13 years ago
Very well written

My favorite line was: "Thanks, God. Piss on a guy when he's down. Well, fuck You too." Thank you so much for sharing this story. The characters were believable and the emotions were real. Please keep writing more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Beautiful!

No more need be said. Simply Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Amazing

Another tough old Viet Vet and then 30 year State Police Officer reduced to tears. Are some of us just romantics? Keep em coming please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Amazing!

Judging fron the start off, I'd have never thought you'd be able to pull it off and manage to deliver a more than satisfactory end to this story.

I've read almost all the stories you've published here and loved every single one of them.

Still waiting for the Cvs N series conclusion.

You're a gifted writer!

And thanks to Literotica. You're great!

CSD2CSD2almost 13 years ago
tears are falling

i lost a son. he was my first born and only boy. i know first hand how hard the holidays can be. especially Christmas. the pain of trying to connect with someone who understands is almost unbearable to the point of madness. the anger of losing your child never goes away.

finding someone willing to share the pain is the only way to mute it.

thanks for the tale.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Splendid

Truly a wonderful use of your time and our time!

kansasjackkansasjackalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

I really don't know what to say other than "Thank You". It's really nice to get that special feeling deep down inside.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Thank you for a beautiful, yet sad story. Very well written !

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 13 years ago
Loved the Story

Good story.

I my self don't care for to much sex in stories and at one point this story had a lot. Thank You for writing the story for me/us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

What a great story. Certainly one of the best I have read for a long long time. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved it

Now thats worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

one of the best stories I've ever read . Period .

harerama2006harerama2006over 12 years ago

Really worth of time!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow

Wow. Just wow. I cried reading that.

Although ypu made me cry, that has got to be The best story I've read on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wooowwwww

Never thought I would ever comment about fictional stories, but this is simply beyond me, well done, splendidly inspiring

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
i cried and cried ...

Having lost a parent at a very young age and watching my Mom struggle through the exact same things as Sandy, this story really hit home. Hard to read but well worth it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Amazing

That was a wonderful story to read. It was packed with emotion and really pulled at my heart. Truly a great piece of writing.

arelativearelativeover 12 years ago

i cant think of having read a more emotional story in my life. personally i had tears in my eyes for well over half of it. keep writing you, definately having a talent worth using

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Thank you

A truly gifted author has bestowed on us poor mortals a well crafted story with many life lessons. The emotional rollercoaster perfectly framed lessons of love, family, friends, and neighnors and has thrown in a perfect story of Christmas giving.

Wouldn't it be great to see this one on the screen? Especially in time for Christmas?? One can only hope that this beautiful story can find it's way to the mainstream.

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
!!!

The anger and grief both felt,can only be really understood by those of us that have undergone it................

Memories and emotions evoked...

Tears flowing...

Cathartic...

Thank you for a splendid story.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks again

Thanks to all for the kind comments, and warm sentiments. I'm touched that so many others who've gone through a loss of their own could connect in some small way to this story.

I know I'm way behind on submitting stories; ain't it hell that life sometimes intrudes on our pastimes? Business is keeping me crazy busy, but I hope to have a few more stories out soon. Wonderful comments like the ones for these stories are a powerful impetus to keep writing. Thank you one and all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wonderful

I don't think anymore needs to be said. Thank you for this, I really hope you continue writing.

-Grape

19Kitten1919Kitten19over 12 years ago
fantastic

It takes a very good author to bring a tear to the eyes and a smile to the faces if it's readers. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Complete. Wow

Was just last night laughing at how porn is so shallowly one-dimensional.

This story i read after most of your others, which I enjoyed.

I lost my first (and at the time,only) child 12 years ago.

This story is the closest to describing the despair-passion-love tensions.

I smiled, cringed, teared, cried, sobbed and was filled with a total sence of completion.

Completion: for the loss of 9 year old, Tommy; for the failed suicide attempt; for being a less than perfect father to 3 children and 3 ex-wives.

I have a happy, un-conventional relationship with a woman who's in an open marriage.

Complete. Thanks to you.

Richard

likagood@gmail.com

jamac1024jamac1024over 12 years ago

omigosh i loved it! simply loved it!

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Great story on family relationships; all aspects.

Doesn't take death to cause sense of loss. Two estranged late 30's and 40-year-old daughters from divorce are quite enough to elevate emotions.

Loved the interaction of man and girl.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
:)

I'll be reading this again in 85 days from now. From mine to yours Health, Wealth and Happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beautiful

That was the most amazing story ive read on here. Tears are still running down my cheek. Very emotional :') didnt even end up doing what i came here for, i got so enthralled with the story. Amazing job, absolutely amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Thank you

Simple_PathSimple_Pathover 12 years ago
What a story.

Inspirational and beautiful, really a gem. I'm glad you are still actively writing stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A woderful story

This isn't "porn" but a story of tragedy and resurrection of spirit. I too cried at times, something I've not done in years. Thanks for the lovely tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Spirit

Wonderful, emotional roller coaster ride...thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Great story , very touching and emotional. Thanks for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Once again you managed to reel me in.

Wow. I didn't realize this was one of your stories when I began it but picked up on it pretty quickly. You have an amazing knack of writing an amazing storyline with realistic and amazing sex. Keep up the good work!

gcg41gcg41over 12 years ago
Fantastic and loving story

This story made me very emotional. I hope you write some more. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

After reading a number of previous comments, I can only endorse what has already been said. Wonderful yarn, keep up the good work

cpigcpigover 12 years ago
Awesome story!

No one should have to bury their children. I lost my wife of 35 years to lymphoma. Your story had me tearing up big time. I had to read it in one sitting. Great read.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Fantastic!

Beautiful, touching, and even highly erotic. You are a great wordsmith. 5 stars, all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow

Just awesome. Completely wrapped up in the story. Brought tears a couple times and made me smile several.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It's Christmas now...almost

I get very maudlin this time of year. With my own kids gone and my wife living many many miles away. Not willing to cut the ties, but not willing to live by me anymore. Your story was quite a gift. I went through half a box of kleenex. Me, a big (6'2" and 250 lbs. thank you) rough, disabled former cop, weeping like a young maiden. Your story was that powerful. But it was also very cleansing. Thank you. It was a most welcome and wonderful Christmas present for me and my dog Frank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
THX

Usually I am a regular grinch when it comes to x-mas, but sometimes some of the spirit just touches me... Thank you

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A NEVER ENDING XMAS TALE

about what did happen, what could happen and different outcomes. TK U MLJ LV NV

12readnwrite12readnwriteover 12 years ago

It's almost Christmas, and re-reading this story got me cry and laugh again... just like last time... I think I'm gonna read it every Christmas season from now on... It inspires so much...

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
So sad, yet

so very beautiful. The ultimate Christmas tale!

Always a good read.

Thank you!

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Awesome

Great tale. You are a gifted writer with a talent for developing characters in a short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesome

Few friends no family connection, too often I say bah humbug to all things Christmas. Such a boor. Could be so much more than I allow it to be.

I hope to re-read this gem again, tears jerked anew by what things might have been.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Merry Christmas to All

And to all this fabulous story!!

MrHandsMrHandsover 12 years ago
Damn. You're good.

Genuine tear-jerker. Nicely done. Glad I ran across this story at this time of the year. Another Christmas gift...

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
now this was a hallmark moment

thanks for renewing my faith in wives everywhere

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent

One of the best stories i've read; shows theres still love in the world

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
That was so beautiful!

Oh my goodness, that was so touching! I made me cry one minute and turned on the next. I absolutely loved it. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fabulous

1 of the best I've ever read !!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
Fucking Asshole

you made me cry and in the damn middle of the day too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Joyeux Noel

First story of yours that I've read. You really can write. Only the second 5 star rating.

Thanx, but now I have to read all your stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thanks

Best cry I have had since ET. I am pushing 70 and it rang more than Xmas bells in rhe dark halls of my memory. Cathartic and sadly sweet walk through "What If"

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beautiful Story

A real tear jerker - and erotic to boot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

OUTSTANDING!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A really wonderful story.

As good as any here. Thank you!

TonoueTonoueabout 12 years ago
I should sue you...

...for emotional abuse.

Thank you for such a wonderfully story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You made me cry you fucker.

One of the best stories I've ever read on this site, and a real tear jerker. A grown man isn't supose to cry, but having kids of my own I couldn't help it. Damned good read.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 12 years ago
Whoof

As always, you combine technical skill with a genius for creating believable and loveable characters.

You made me cry. That's very difficult to do. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
too close to home

this hit a nerve, I lost my first to SIDS 3 weeks before christmas... I still grieve at christmas and other celbrations knowing she isnt there... you hit every emotional point at the time they truely impact... 10 out of 10

Fleuro

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
fucker....

Great story...recently lost someone close to Christmas....kinda hit a nerve and made me tear up....amazing writing

herbie77herbie77about 12 years ago
A wonderful story

This story doesn't follow the typical porno-style erotic wrtitings that so many other authors tend to use. It is beautifully and skillfully written and highly emotional, I'll openly admit to bawling my eyes out on several occasions while reading it. Twice I even had to stop because I simply couldn't see beyong the tears any more. It showns that the author has an extremely good insight into human nature, and describes how tragedy can sometimes, somehow bring out the very best in people.

Thank you for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks...

For the conflicting feelings! Went from aroused to sad then happy at the end there.

GREAT STORY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful story

What a great story and quite well-written too. Nothing predictable at all and dragging a wealth of emotion out of any reader - brilliant!!! Finished on tears of happiness of course!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Thank you vary much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
congrats!

what a story......salutations are in order......can't wait for another

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow

The first story to ever bring tears to my eyes, and in the last place I'd ever expect to find it. If you weren't already my favorite author...

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxalmost 12 years ago
You.....

Now I have to go and buy some more tissues!

Been reading all your other offerings and loving them then I spotted this little offering and the tears flowed. You must not deprive the world of your skills - keep writing.

Hot2Trot_NowHot2Trot_Nowalmost 12 years ago
I almost stopped...

I almost stopped reading this in quite a few different places. Not because it isn't a phenomenal story but because loosing a family member so close to the holidays hit so close to home for me. I am so glad that I finished it though because by the end instead of crying from being sad and remembering my own losses, I was crying from being happy. Plus the added hotness mixed it up for me too ;) Great Job!!

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationalmost 12 years ago
Now that's a sleepover.

The erotic Christmas eve scenes were intense, but they would have been almost nothing without the long, heart-wrenching tragedies that preceded them. As usual, I welcomed the happier ending. Thanks for sharing this deeply moving story.

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful! Heart wrenching. Joyous.

I am an old softy. I have been reading on this forum for only a short time. However, I am surprised that for a site that has erotic in its url, the lit is by far the best part. I am happy that I discovered your writing and will be reading more of them. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Really great story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20432 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

SIMILAR Stories