All Comments on 'Claire Ch. 01'

by N1ckDan9er

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

" Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail that exsiccated her blue eyes. "?

'Exsiccated'??

'exsiccate - lose water or moisture;'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For an author that used the word 'exsiccated' in a story, even if rather incongruously like it was a required element for a Word of the Day competition, I was shocked by the number of errors throughout the rest of this tale. The guy pretending he's being faithful to his wife after behaving as he does is quite a joke. Pretty sure no normal wife would think he behaved properly while she was away, while her skanky friend was in her home. Then again, no normal wife would have her staying there while she was out of town, anyway.

Find an editor before the next story.

HartMannHartMannalmost 3 years ago

good story, very exciting, loved it. And yes, it could happen exactly like that. a wife trusting her husband and her friend. And a husband showing himself more or less worthy of that trust, if not the friend. Typos and mistakes? Yes sure, but it is a better story than many on Lit. Everything else can be fixed by a spell checker...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clearly a misspelled accentuated Was mangled by word replace. An editor would have caught this as we all noticed it. It does make me wonder what the difference is between desiccate and exsiccate.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userN1ckDan9er@N1ckDan9er
I am a Good guy that wants to be Bad. The stories I write are about some adventures that my wife and I have had and some that may happen. They are basically true, with some embellishing. My wife can be very adventurous sometimes and surprise me as she has done in the past. I l...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Claire Series Info